PDA

View Full Version : Dome Atmosphere

bisontwice
10-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Didn't we just invest in a new sound system a couple of years ago? Seems like we keep turning the volume down instead of up. I thought the idea was to pump up the crowd/players with music not put us to sleep. When I can carry on a normal conversation with people around me and the music is playing it is little low on the volume setting. Anyone know who is in charge of this? I thought the U of Minn did a great job with that at TCF stadium.

bisononce
10-16-2011, 11:12 AM
U of M did a terrible job. Ear-splitting, horrific rap. (One opinion...)

Mr. Burgundy
10-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I thought U of M was awesome. They were perfect. LOUD and played music the crowd got into. We could take a big lesson.

simply turn up the music. Email them....tell them. They listen to fans.

unbison
10-16-2011, 01:00 PM
U of M did a terrible job. Ear-splitting, horrific rap. (One opinion...)
and i would say one in the minority
are you the man that sat behind me at the u of m and was making fun of gopher fans singing the national anthem?
cuz that would explain a lot

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I thought U of M was awesome. They were perfect. LOUD and played music the crowd got into. We could take a big lesson.

Not disagreeing with you Burgundy, but their seems to be some kind of fundamental disconnect in many Bison fans understanding their job at the game. I was shocked at how many times folks were not standing on big 3rd downs and screaming. What is the deal? These are not the Bison fans from the Gopher game and they would be shocked by the Vikings fans at the MetroDome who have this concept figured out.

I just don't get it. Robert Morris crowd still the best one I have ever seen.

semobison
10-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Im old school! When did all this playing music over the loudspeakers come about? I thought that is what the band was for! At least the band still plays "in Heaven there is no Beer" in the 4th quarter!

BisonBabe
10-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I was on my feet almost the whole game....But I will say this the volume over the PA needs to be louder...you could hardly hear anything they said much less the music. We sit in section 9 so we get the added benefit of the students & band...could not believe how many people sat on their hands...at one point I heard someone behind me say "why is she standing it's not 3rd down"

BisonBabe
10-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Im old school! When did all this playing music over the loudspeakers come about? I thought that is what the band was for! At least the band still plays "in Heaven there is no Beer" in the 4th quarter!

Found this really neat version (lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxcMKIQ_W7o

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
When they played the music right after the second half video, I honestly think my cell phone was louder than what was coming out of the speaker. It was beyond sad, crank it to 11. Screw the complainers, book readers and knitters.

Tatanka
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe the Fargodome can have a kind of reverse cry room, kind of the opposite of church. Then the whiners and knitters can go in there in relative silence and watch through plexiglass or on closed circuit tv.

semobison
10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Found this really neat version (lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxcMKIQ_W7o

Nice! Thanks Babe!

semobison
10-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe the Fargodome can have a kind of reverse cry room, kind of the opposite of church. Then the whiners and knitters can go in there in relative silence and watch through plexiglass or on closed circuit tv.

Back in the old days when we played outdoors, there wasnt any music pumped into Dacotah Field, and the place was always rocking! I know, I know...times have changed! Everybody wants a pyrotechnic rock concert now days! I remember getting my season tickits the first year in the dome and they told us we wouldn't be allowed back in if we left at halftime! I couldnt believe it! There went a long standing tradition of going out to the parking lot for a few halftime beers! We would turn on the radio and listen to the halftime report then head back in to catch the 2nd half kickoff! I still miss outdoor football!

chuckles
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Pretty sure the GSMB also throws these 'lyrics' in there too...

Busch lights the beer for me (For Me)
Because its nearly free (It's Free)
And when I have to pee,
Busch light will be coming out of me

But aside from that, crank those tunes PLEASE!!!! It can and WILL energize the fans much more the Dan Michaels. One Word: ZOMBIENATION!

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 05:19 PM

I agree. The music got the fans pumped up and that rubbed off on the team because they made a good 4th quarter rally. Our music volume is way too quiet. It's like they are trying so hard to not piss off 5% of the senior citizens at the expense of the 95% who like loud speakers. If you try to please everyone, you please no one. Ever been to a Vikes game? LOUD! Everyone stands. Nobody complains.

CaBisonFan
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Exactly

Want piped music...go to a bar. Wanna watch football and support the team...stand up and cheer.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Back in the old days when we played outdoors, there wasnt any music pumped into Dacotah Field, and the place was always rocking! I know, I know...times have changed! Everybody wants a pyrotechnic rock concert now days! I remember getting my season tickits the first year in the dome and they told us we wouldn't be allowed back in if we left at halftime! I couldnt believe it! There went a long standing tradition of going out to the parking lot for a few halftime beers! We would turn on the radio and listen to the halftime report then head back in to catch the 2nd half kickoff! I still miss outdoor football!

I went to many games at Dacotah Field and I don't remember it being that loud at all. There was a lot of cheering because we had a lot of great moments but it was not that loud. Everyone says it was and thats a myth. I think some of us were in college back then so we were in the rowdy college section. Now many of us are old fucks sitting next to a preachers wife or the neighborhood chiropractor. (Who is wearing kackis)

Jay
10-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Exactly

Want piped music...go to a bar.

Couldn't disagree more. Music is going to be played. That's the way sporting events are. Might as well play it loud.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Music is going to be played. That's the way sporting events are. Might as well play it loud.

Agree. There isn't a football , hockey, basketball, or baseball game played on any level that does not pump in music. High School, College, Arena League, CFL, NFL. Its 2011. We can have a band AND music.

taper
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Pretty sure the GSMB also throws these 'lyrics' in there too...

Busch lights the beer for me (For Me)
Because its nearly free (It's Free)
And when I have to pee,
Busch light will be coming out of me

In heaven there are no refs(NO REFS)
Because they're blind and deaf(BLIND AND DEAF)
And when we all have left
Our friends will be cussing out the refs

In heaven there is no pot(NO POT)
That's why we smoke a lot(A LOT)
And when we start to rot
Out friends will be smoking all our pot

In heaven there is no wine
That's why we drink moonshine
And when we drink moonshine
Our kielbasa tastes mighty fine

That's what we had when I was in the band, didn't always get through all of them.

MNLonghorn10
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
you mean nobody got fired up whent hey played popsters song of the game at the start of the 4th qtr??? eye of the tiger against missouri state when its a 4td lead.

just f'n blare some bad ass guitar riff on 3rd down and thatll get the crowd screamin

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
The band isn't in the stands before both halves start, there is no reason why the music isn't loud for those moments.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Big fan of the drowning pool on one of our last kickoffs. Maybe the last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4

CaBisonFan
10-16-2011, 07:01 PM
1. Cut the roof off the sucker. It's killing the atmosphere.
2. Put a muzzle on the PA announcer after a first down. He's almost as obnoxious as the guy at SIU.
3. Don't rely on canned music to create 'real' spirit. If it ain't there...it ain't there.

Frankly...many of the camera shots of the fans gives the appearance that they're at a movie theatre before it starts.

Swaghook
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
This one might work to get the crowd going before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUg0zUkFD84

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Last night we witnessed a significant departure from the sit and knit crowd's influence as the fans sitting behind BisonFan1 not only accepted standing, but they encouraged standing and making some noise. BisonFan1 being one who will not miss an opportunity found himself standing frequently and making significant noise leading to his shaming of others sitting in the lower level of section 21. His bottled up desire to cheer led to him to point, yell, make astute observations of the game, take multiple photos for the young ladies sitting behind him, and above all thrive in an atmosphere of self indulgent and satisfying cheering.

Further reports indicate his moment of bliss was extended throughout his hundred mile trip home as the windows to the limo were wide open with the radio blaring rock and rap with the dial set on 12 of 10. Unfortunately, attempts to further his standing were rebuffed by the low roofline of the limo. When asked for comment by reporters at the end of their trip his wife closed here eyes, shook her head, pounded on her ears and stated: "What?"

The one casualty of his trip to the dome was the loss of his knitting. He simply forgot where he left it.

BisonFan1, this Bud is for you!

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
2. Put a muzzle on the PA announcer after a first down. He's almost as obnoxious as the guy at SIU.
3. Don't rely on canned music to create 'real' spirit. If it ain't there...it ain't there.

Frankly...many of the camera shots of the fans gives the appearance that they're at a movie theatre before it starts.

CA, your one of my favorite posters but if you took the roof at the dome it would be exactly like it is now except it would be half as loud and less people would show when its cold.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 07:37 PM
CA, your one of my favorite posters but if you took the roof at the dome it would be exactly like it is now except it would be half as loud and less people would show when its cold.

Im glad its inside, being outside for an away game or two is neat, but I wouldnt like 9 outside games, most of which are under 20 degrees with wind. Typically lots of wind.

roadwarrior
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Most of our opponents wished they had half the atmosphere at their home games as we do!

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM

May be its a generational disconnect? Its like people have ADD and they continually have to have so form of entertainment(no matter how bad)to keep there brain occupied. IMO the show is on the field. I dont need any of that other crap to entertain me. .

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Most of our opponents wished they had half the atmosphere at their home games as we do!
This is exactly right. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the league. And as far as across the FCS, I am only envious of App St. & Missoula. We are JUST fine for where we are at. Enjoy what we do have (success, attendance, atmosphere, title hopes). 2009 is not too long ago...

sambini
10-16-2011, 07:52 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Im glad its inside, being outside for an away game or two is neat, but I wouldnt like 9 outside games, most of which are under 20 degrees with wind. Typically lots of wind.

Agree. Yeah most folks who say football is meant to be played outdoors live in a climate thats consider 40 degrees, snow, and no wind cold. They have never experienced the type of cold North Dakota gets. 30 below zero, 30 MPH winds, bone chilling cold. Attendance would suffer. If nobody believes me check out the blizzard game vs Augustana that must have had 1000 people or the last outdoor playoff game that had 4,000 fans vs 14,0000 fans in the dome. Uni has a dome and they have great atmosphere. The Vikings have a dome and they have great atmosphere. It is what it is. Instead of trying to be like outdoor colleges, lets play to our advantage. Speed. Noise. Recruiting. Most Texas players like DJ would prefer the dome over Dacotah Field cold.

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Or a room with big speakers for the ones that constantly complain that they need to have music and constant prattle blasting out there ass. They could also bring in a troup of clowns to give them constant entertainment. Lord knows there shouldnt be any break in the action or their minds might start to wander.:):facepalm2:

roadwarrior
10-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I think our fans are smart enough to realize that the UNI game later this month is going to be more important than most games at home, and will respond just like we did last season for the playoff game.

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Well we agree on a few more things.

tjbison
I think our fans are smart enough to realize that the UNI game later this month is going to be more important than most games at home, and will respond just like we did last season for the playoff game.

Plus there will be NO excuses, no hunting openers, fishing, harvest, blah, blah blah...........place better be packed cause I cant get a damn extra ticket and have people who want to go

Twentysix
Agree. Yeah most folks who say football is meant to be played outdoors live in a climate thats consider 40 degrees, snow, and no wind cold. They have never experienced the type of cold North Dakota gets. 30 below zero, 30 MPH winds, bone chilling cold. Attendance would suffer. If nobody believes me check out the blizzard game vs Augustana that must have had 1000 people or the last outdoor playoff game that had 4,000 fans vs 14,0000 fans in the dome. Uni has a dome and they have great atmosphere. The Vikings have a dome and they have great atmosphere. It is what it is. Instead of trying to be like outdoor colleges, lets play to our advantage. Speed. Noise. Recruiting. Most Texas players like DJ would prefer the dome over Dacotah Field cold.

Standing in that line for 3 hours freezing your balls off for the marker games is bad enough, I couldnt imagine standing in line for 3 hours before the game to freeze your ass of inside the game too.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Standing in that line for 3 hours freezing your balls off for the marker games is bad enough, I couldnt imagine standing in line for 3 hours before the game to freeze your ass of inside the game too.

I froze my balls off at Montana St last year, mainly because i stood on a Block of ice, had a damn blast and warmed up REAL quick when we started winning, I will admit it was nice to tailgate for RMU in the cold and go into a warm facility im split like the dome and outdoor. Ill guarantee 1 thing though, with an outdoor there would have been less than 12k there last night

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Oh so true. One must remember that its a very small minority that does the complaining. The majority seem to have a great time and enjoy themselves.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM

And try tailgating for a few hours before that drinking cold beer in 30 below. I did that once and my lip stuck to a beer can! I think next week in Brookings will be good weather and a late season treat. I hear it could be 60!!

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I froze my balls off at Montana St last year, mainly because i stood on a Block of ice, had a damn blast and warmed up REAL quick when we started winning, I will admit it was nice to tailgate for RMU in the cold and go into a warm facility im split like the dome and outdoor. Ill guarantee 1 thing though, with an outdoor there would have been less than 12k there last night

Retractable roof.

Jay
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh so true. One must remember that its a very small minority that does the complaining. The majority seem to have a great time and enjoy themselves.

I don't think anyone is saying they're not enjoying themselves. Would just like the music louder.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM

It was pretty warm at montana st until the sun went down... I remeber the day before in billings the snow was all melted away.

Looked up the historical weather. Kickoff at msu was 13 degrees with no windchill. That was 1205pm on december 4th.

Now lets say we host EWU at fargo the next weekend. December 11th 2010. Fargo ND 12pm -23F 36 mph gusts. It would be really tough to make it through a game like that... I love football but I HATE that kind of cold.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:14 PM
It was pretty warm at montana st until the sun went down... I remeber the day before in billings the snow was all melted away. It was like spring in fargo during the playoff game....

dude it was 11 degrees at kickoff

semobison

Thats all fine and dandy for the comfort of the fans, but the Vikings have not made it to the Superbowl since they moved indoors and we have not won a National Championship since we moved indoors, and both were common occurances before that!

HerdBot

I thought the Fargodome was ten times louder than TCF Bank stadium. Their fans suck. The only advantage the Gophers had was a cool giant band and an excitable student section. Most Valley teams would love to average 18k fans with the noise, tailgating, and TV coverage. Our atmosphere is great and improving

I think we need to continue to grow the band and continue to pack the students.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
dude it was 11 degrees at kickoff

How do you handle living in fargo if you think 11 is cold? If your answer is not well, I would be inclined to agree :p

I walk to class in shorts or pajama pants and a hoodie aslong as its over 5F. (I live very close to campus)

Also did you see what i added to that post? the next weekend at noon it was -23 in fargo with almost 40 mph gusts.

TheBisonator
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
How do you handle living in fargo if you think 11 is cold?

I walk to class in shorts or pajama pants and a hoodie aslong as its over 5F. (I live very close to campus)

Also did you see what i added to that post? the next weekend at noon it was -23 in fargo with almost 40 mph gusts.

I remember one week in January 2004 when the high temps in Fargo for the whole week didn't break -20. It's the kind of cold that literally freezes your legs as you walk. The following Saturday after that cold spell it got up to about -5. I felt like I was in bleedin' Miami that day.

MLK Weekend in Fargo is NEVER fun weatherwise.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
How do you handle living in fargo if you think 11 is cold?

I run from my pickup to the office, store, house etc.....i dont generally stand a drink beer outside in 11 degree weather like the playoff game.

and yes I hate the cold but deal with it

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I run from my pickup to the office, store, house etc.....i dont generally stand a drink beer outside in 11 degree weather like the playoff game.

and yes I hate the cold but deal with it

Sounds like testimonial for an indoor stadium in fargo to me. :nod:

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Wont lie I like the dome, and if we can keep the home playoff games coming its going to further my cause for a pro ROOF person:)

TheBisonator
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM

You know what the ironic thing is??

If the bowl system stayed in FBS for the forseeable future, we would have a stronger case to have an outdoor stadium if we were in FBS rather than FCS. Reason is that if we somehow were able to have an agreement with our FBS conference to always play on the road the last week of the season, our last home game would NEVER be after the third Saturday of November. But if we had an outdoor stadium in FCS, that opens the door for all sorts of December outdoor playoff games with all the shit weather Fargo has to offer.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
You know what the ironic thing is??

If the bowl system stayed in FBS for the forseeable future, we would have a stronger case to have an outdoor stadium if we were in FBS rather than FCS. Reason is that if we somehow were able to have an agreement with our FBS conference to always play on the road the last week of the season, our last home game would NEVER be after the third Saturday of November. But if we had an outdoor stadium in FCS, that opens the door for all sorts of December outdoor playoff games with all the shit weather Fargo has to offer.

I like our odds of being in the FCS when MSUM and concordia join over being in the FBS before the bowl system is reworked.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Thats all fine and dandy for the comfort of the fans, but the Vikings have not made it to the Superbowl since they moved indoors and we have not won a National Championship since we moved indoors, and both were common occurances before that!

The Sioux won a National Championship INDOORS! !! UNI has 9 conference championships INDOORS. The Viking won zero Super Bowls OUTDOORS. The Saints won a Super Bowl INDOORS. The Super Bowl has been played INDOORS. Bad argument.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
The Sioux won a National Championship INDOORS! !! UNI has 9 conference championships INDOORS. The Viking won zero Super Bowls OUTDOORS. The Saints won a Super Bowl INDOORS. The Super Bowl has been played INDOORS. Bad argument.

Vikings had ZERO Superbowls outdoors to!!!

BadlandsBison
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
That would be funny to have a play-off game against, say, Georgia southern outdoors in December. Maybe they would forfeit.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Vikings had ZERO Superbowls outdoors to!!!

Yep. The bottom line is great teams are great indoors or outdoors. I guarantee the Vikings with Marshall, Page, and Eller would have been just as good had they played in the dome. And the Vikes have been consistently good since the mid to late 80s. The stadium had nothing to do with not winning the Super Bowl. That had more to do with the 49ers and Cowboys building dynasties.

Add the 99 Rams to the list. Dome team. Electric indoor atmosphere.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep. The bottom line is great teams are great indoors or outdoors. I guarantee the Vikings with Marshall, Page, and Eller would have been just as good had they played in the dome. And the Vikes have been consistently good since the mid to late 80s. The stadium had nothing to do with not winning the Super Bowl. That had more to do with the 49ers and Cowboys building dynasties.

Add the 99 Rams to the list. Dome team. Electric indoor atmosphere.

Think the COlts have done alright indoors, Detroit is coming around

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
That would be funny to have a play-off game against, say, Georgia southern outdoors in December. Maybe they would forfeit.

If they didnt forfeit our 400 people in attendance would be laughed at by the entire fcs community.

semobison
10-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Hey, Im not argueing either way, I am just stating facts! Who cares about UND, or UNI, or the Vikings for that matter!

BISONBRI53
10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Section 17 was bad once again this week! Section 18 was even worse! GET UP OFF UR A$$ AND CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey, Im not argueing either way, I am just stating facts! Who cares about UND, or UNI, or the Vikings for that matter!

The reason we didn't win a championship in the dome has more to do with the reduction in scholarships at the D2 level and the rise of Northern Colorado and UND plus we has some really good teams thats were not playoff eligible for 5 years.

SomeBeach
10-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Seems like whatever games I've attended, in stadiums large and small, when the STUDENTS are energized, the rest of the crowd seems to follow. Wisconsin, for example... I love how they've established traditions like singing "Build me up, Buttercup", or doing a "Jump Around" bit between 3rd and 4th quarters. Don't know which came first... students being creative with their involement, or the stadium coming up with fun ideas and the students latching on... either way, would love to see more similar traditions established here, and more creative energy from our student side. Not that it's their responsibility to lead us old farts... just know they make things more fun when they're doing things that the rest of us can watch and hopefully also join in on.

BisonBabe
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
I will have you guys know I have little to no voice left after yesterdays game. Hoping to be able to talk better tomorrow so that work does not totally suck...was so worth it though...

56BISON73
10-17-2011, 12:59 AM
I thought the Fargodome was ten times louder than TCF Bank stadium. Their fans suck. The only advantage the Gophers had was a cool giant band and an excitable student section. Most Valley teams would love to average 18k fans with the noise, tailgating, and TV coverage. Our atmosphere is great and improving

I think we need to continue to grow the band and continue to pack the students.

What does your post have to do with mine?

imabison
10-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Section 17 was bad once again this week! Section 18 was even worse! GET UP OFF UR A$$ AND CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!

Hey what you talkin about Willis!!! Just kidding. I am in 17 and we tend to get up alot. Noticed this week there were quite a few blue seats above us, and then in the second half it filled in. Lots of people moving
to the section.

BISONBRI53
10-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey what you talkin about Willis!!! Just kidding. I am in 17 and we tend to get up alot. Noticed this week there were quite a few blue seats above us, and then in the second half it filled in. Lots of people moving
to the section.

What row are you in? We can join forces and get some people up and yelling! Had a good couple in front of us last night! Told them they needed to get those seats again!

HerdBot
10-17-2011, 02:46 AM
What does your post have to do with mine?

I was just agreeing that most FCS schools would love to be in our shoes. Heck we probably have a better home field advantage than the Big Ten Gophers. We do for sheer noise. TCF was quiet except for the students

bri-dog
10-17-2011, 02:51 AM
I will have you guys know I have little to no voice left after yesterdays game. Hoping to be able to talk better tomorrow so that work does not totally suck...was so worth it though...

Dammit, I should have gone to games with my ex when I was still married. At least I could have had ONE damn day of peace & quiet.

Never mind. She hated sports and went to UND.*

*I know, I know -- WTF was I thinking?

4mcruenomore
10-17-2011, 02:56 AM
We rocked section 17, what are you talking about?

Hammerhead
10-17-2011, 03:58 AM
We noticed lots of fans just sitting there while the defense was getting ready for big 3rd down plays. Can't they at least clap or something?

As for Dacotah Field, I was at the blizzard bowl and other games where it was so cold that you could feel the heat rising from your urine stream emptying one's bladder into the metal trough urinals. It was easy to make noise banging on the wooden bleachers.

BigBison
10-17-2011, 04:48 AM
Lots of crap talk on here.

YES they could turn up the volume on the speaker in the FFD. Its hard to hear the music, its more like background music.

BlueBisonRock
10-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Section 21 hears the music real well. Unfortunately, it is the clanging of all those knitting needles over in Section 20!

Herd Mentality
10-17-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm curious why everyone is so adament about standing and yelling? I for one see no problem with sitting and yelling. I believe that Gully will back me up that sometimes standing and yelling makes a guy think that he is having an aneurism.

Or it could be because we are part of the 1% of tailgators that drank 99% of the booze. Occupy the Bison Tailgate!!!!!

SDbison
10-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Dome atmosphere sucks........crank the music! Hey students, missed 1000 of your lazy asses not in the stands on Saturday. WTF? Too busy playing video games or planning your wall street protest? No excuse not to be there. Hey how about them blue seats in the high price ticket areas.......but who cares, we didn't miss you cause you are the living dead in the dome. Hundreds of loser fans in the middle of section 21 sit there and feed their lard asses the entire game. I cannot believe the all the non fans in section 21 that don't stand or clap, but can get up to go to the concession stand or bathroom. Go attend a UND football game instead. Thank you.

bajadanny
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Go to a game down south sometime anywhere in SEC or FSU S. Miss damn near all of them, not much sitting there doing nothing, they all realize it is a total effort, critical to hollar and cheer and clap non-stop.

Lets go Bizon.

runtheoption
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm curious why everyone is so adament about standing and yelling? I for one see no problem with sitting and yelling. I believe that Gully will back me up that sometimes standing and yelling makes a guy think that he is having an aneurism.

Or it could be because we are part of the 1% of tailgators that drank 99% of the booze. Occupy the Bison Tailgate!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I have been very, very lightheaded a few times this year on critical downs from the yelling. I've had to sit down and stop yelling before I fall down, sometimes before the ball is even snapped.

BISONBRI53
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
We rocked section 17, what are you talking about?

You must be one of the 12 of us in the section that get up and make some noise!:)

HerdBot
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM

It's like singing in choir class. When you stand, the air flow is better and your louder! Gets the blood flowing.

stevdock
10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
You must be one of the 12 of us in the section that get up and make some noise!:)

What there was a section where 12 whole people stood and made noise?? We were in section 2 and basically nobody got up except for myself, my dad, and wife and there was an older gentleman right next to us. Too bad we were stuck in the top row as it's hard to influence others from up there.

BISONBRI53
10-17-2011, 09:36 PM
What there was a section where 12 whole people stood and made noise?? We were in section 2 and basically nobody got up except for myself, my dad, and wife and there was an older gentleman right next to us. Too bad we were stuck in the top row as it's hard to influence others from up there.

Easier to yell down at people! Harder to stand up and make them stand cuz they cant see! I think we did have 12 people standing at one time... 4 of them were letting another walk thru to go get fresh yarn!

TransAmBison
10-17-2011, 09:43 PM
On the way out of the dome after the game I heard one older guy comment to his friend how glad he was that this was the last 6 pm game. I didn't hear what he had against the late game, but I could see he really disliked it.

99Bison
10-17-2011, 09:44 PM
On the way out of the dome after the game I heard one older guy comment to his friend how glad he was that this was the last 6 pm game. I didn't hear what he had against the late game, but I could see he really disliked it.

Terrible... 6pm is the only good time for tailgating, and it's still done by 9 :-)

Herd Mentality
10-17-2011, 09:52 PM
It's like singing in choir class. When you stand, the air flow is better and your louder! Gets the blood flowing.

That's an old wive's tale. With the exception of runtheoption's mom, I'm lounder sitting down than anybody I know standing up.:biggrin:

MN_BISON
10-17-2011, 10:13 PM

TAB, the guy likely eats at 4:00 pm so by the time 7:15 rolls around he's looking to pull out his teeth and hit the sack. Have you ever seen the Outback Steakhouse in Mesa, the blue hairs are lined up to get in when they open their doors at 4pm.

4mcruenomore
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe the guy had a day pass and had to be back at Cass County right away after the game for lights out.

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 01:52 PM
That's an old wive's tale. With the exception of runtheoption's mom, I'm lounder sitting down than anybody I know standing up.:biggrin:

That's more a rip on the casual fans and a testament to your cheering ability. I'm tellin ya man, your going to be louder standing. Work smarter not harder! :)