PDA

View Full Version : redshirts?

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-16-2011, 01:36 AM
How many redshirts have been pulled this year?
Moody
Dinwiddie
Grimm

HandoEX
10-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Pretty weird!

CaBisonFan
10-16-2011, 02:14 AM
How about BisonFootballSiouxHoc? Just a thought.

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 03:15 AM
I was kind of upset that they put moody in. They didn't need to put him in, so why do it? Let him keep his redshirt.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-16-2011, 03:24 AM
I was kind of upset that they put moody in. They didn't need to put him in, so why do it? Let him keep his redshirt.
Agreed. Same with the other two. Only seen dinwiddie on kickoffs and grimm for a handful of plays. I realize they earned the spot, but seems like a waste.

bisontwice
10-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Agreed. I thought the idea of pulling redshirts was if they were going to contribute significantly and actually play, not just on special teams. Seems like a waste of a year.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
With our depth at WR, I'm fine with Moody getting some snaps. The guy is a walk on after all.

unbison
10-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Do we all think that the players have no input into this? maybe some of these players plan on graduating in 4 years and wanna get going in life............just a thought at 18 i would have thought 5 years was forever 4 seemed to long already.....just saying

tjbison
10-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Agree with Unbison, also we shit on Bohl if he dont play the underclassmen, now he did and well same old crap.........................LET THE COACHES BE THE COACHES they are getting paid to do their jobs and maybe needed to see some of these kids in game action to determine if they are ready to move into the rotation.

Just be happy we are 6-0 and lets start the Bunny bashing

semobison
10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
With our depth at WR, I'm fine with Moody getting some snaps. The guy is a walk on after all.

Just becuse he is a walk on, does that mean he wont contribute in the future? There are walk ons that become great players, and there are scholarship guys that dont pan out! I was suprised that Moody played!

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Just becuse he is a walk on, does that mean he wont contribute in the future? There are walk ons that become great players, and there are scholarship guys that dont pan out! I was suprised that Moody played!

Well there has been talk about him playing since fall camp. Maybe this gives him a shot to earn some scholarship money quicker, hopefully he takes advantage of it because we could use some depth at WR.

People do need to get over this obsession to redshirt everyone, the team needs depth at certain positions and on special teams. Like TJ said, the coaches know what they are doing.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Wasn't citicizing the coaches decision. They bviously played their way onto the field and deserve the playinng time. I was just a little suprised that bisonville and the media didn't make a bigger deal about the true freshman playing on Saturday. Was also wondering if they were the only three.

westnodak93bison
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't see why they would pull the redshirts on these guys. Maybe Grimm but why Dinwiddie? We will regret that one imho.

SamsRams
10-17-2011, 10:12 PM
From my understanding Grimm was never redshirted so he never got his redshirt pulled. Bison are short at WR, so pulling Moody's makes sense. Question though, yes he walked on, but other players left so isnt it possible he is already on some sort of scholarship? Is this ever something the media can ask or get answers to?
DinWiddie is a suprise, but if he is producing and helping special teams, then so be it. Bison got a full class and only have 3 players not redshirting so not a big deal in my eyes!

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Maybe their plan is to develop some real depth in case of injuries as we head into a really tough stretch of the conference...and hopefully a playoff run. A team that makes it to the title game plays one heckuva lotta games.

344Johnson
10-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Someone pointed out earlier not all of these kids want to be in college for 5 years, or would like to have focus on other areas of life by then. Especially these guys, might as well play them now if that is the mindset.

SamsRams
10-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Someone pointed out earlier not all of these kids want to be in college for 5 years, or would like to have focus on other areas of life by then. Especially these guys, might as well play them now if that is the mindset.

hammersmith or someone with more knowledge could verify, but if you graduate in 4 years and still have eligibilty left you can still play right? I would think playing your 5th year with a light class load would be more fun then your freshman year and a full class load. Bison are gonna win it 5 years in a row, so what does it matter :)

4mcruenomore
10-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Depth for a deep playoff run guys. Let the coaches be on this one imo.

Gully
10-17-2011, 11:56 PM

That's crazy. I would have loved to go to college forever.....and I almost did :)

344Johnson
10-18-2011, 12:10 AM
That's crazy. I would have loved to go to college forever.....and I almost did :)

My plan is to go forever...build up a ton of loans. And then die...and let my children (presumably playing in the NFL at this point) carry the load.

CaBisonFan
10-18-2011, 02:07 AM
My plan is to go forever...build up a ton of loans. And then die...and let my children (presumably playing in the NFL at this point) carry the load.

Wish I'd thought of that...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bb7.gif