PDA

View Full Version : Neu lion webcast

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 12:04 AM
So here I am watching the stream of the football game tonight and all the sudden it switched to UND hockey game. This is the second time that NeuLion (the company that runs the all access) has had issues this season. The first being week one when their servers crashed. YOu want to talk about going big time...D-IA (FBS)??? NDSU needs to get a handle on their broadcasts. Your arch enemies hockey games should never.....NEVER interrupt your schools prime coverage. Letting an outside company do this is ridiculous.

Sioux Suck!!!!

BTW...sounds like they figured it out and the football game is back on....but still pissed.

yellowstreak
10-16-2011, 02:05 AM
that pissed me off too.

See my signature!

just the 2nd part of it.

CaBisonFan
10-16-2011, 02:12 AM
It was like the Twilight Zone. A MAJOR screwup by somebody in their little studio. I like the announcers actually. But the rest of it has a very GF/SF feel to it...Ugh

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 02:31 AM
It was like the Twilight Zone. A MAJOR screwup by somebody in their little studio. I like the announcers actually. But the rest of it has a very GF/SF feel to it...Ugh

I do too, but I really think We should send out a press release on how to properly pronounce the mascot. They always say by-sssun like they have a lisp. I was always taught is was pronounced..."By-zon"

How long do you think other programs would let it go if their mascots were being mispronounced by the announcers... ??? Goofers, Jokerabbits, Punthers? I know its stupid and a small pet peeve but it has always bothered me.

"The gophers! Not the golfers!" .... The Fuzzy Little Foreigner.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 03:40 AM
I do too, but I really think We should send out a press release on how to properly pronounce the mascot. They always say by-sssun like they have a lisp. I was always taught is was pronounced..."By-zon"

How long do you think other programs would let it go if their mascots were being mispronounced by the announcers... ??? Goofers, Jokerabbits, Punthers? I know its stupid and a small pet peeve but it has always bothered me.

"The gophers! Not the golfers!" .... The Fuzzy Little Foreigner.

Huge pet peave of mine. I want to reach through the TV screen and give the announcer a giant bitch slap for every mispronunciation.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 03:43 AM
So here I am watching the stream of the football game tonight and all the sudden it switched to UND hockey game. This is the second time that NeuLion (the company that runs the all access) has had issues this season. The first being week one when their servers crashed. YOu want to talk about going big time...D-IA (FBS)??? NDSU needs to get a handle on their broadcasts. Your arch enemies hockey games should never.....NEVER interrupt your schools prime coverage. Letting an outside company do this is ridiculous.

Sioux Suck!!!!

BTW...sounds like they figured it out and the football game is back on....but still pissed.

If they f that up again we need to find another company. Talk about annoying as hell.

devin45k
10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Is it time to move this or close this?

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 01:45 PM

Move it where? and why?

semobison
10-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Agree!!!!!

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Agree!!!!!

Have I posted this in the wrong section? Or do you you not like what I have to say?

semobison
10-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Have I posted this in the wrong section? Or do you you not like what I have to say?

Yes....and yes!

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes....and yes!

I am sorry you feel that way. What section should I have posted this in?

bri-dog
10-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm okay with the thread, but the title is probably a little misleading, causing some to skip the thread completely. It IS more about the football game/feed, and all of us trying to watch it were SERIOUSLY pissed off. I sent an email to the "customer service" contact or whatever, but I don't suppose I'll get a response. My streaming sucked all day, the freaking hockey game aside...

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks bri-dog. I probably should have titled it differently. But I don't think there is an edit function for the title. Is there? If so I will change it. I also noticed there was some conversation about it in the GDT thread...but only after I posted this. I have had a lot of issues with NeuLion over the past few years. Its nice to be able to watch the game at all from where I live, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

I am a little concerned though that someone was offended by the thread. Is criticizing the announcers or NeuLion Taboo?

tjbison
10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks bri-dog. I probably should have titled it differently. But I don't think there is an edit function for the title. Is there? If so I will change it. I also noticed there was some conversation about it in the GDT thread...but only after I posted this. I have had a lot of issues with NeuLion over the past few years. Its nice to be able to watch the game at all from where I live, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

I am a little concerned though that someone was offended by the thread. Is criticizing the announcers or NeuLion Taboo?

Dont worry about it, you will NEVER satisfy everyone on here. Just remember to title correct and put in the appropriate forum for the topic

semobison
10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey, I would be pissed if that happened to me too! I guess I am tired of all the UND talk that seems to infiltrate so many of our threads. I say, take it up with those responsible!

BisonTeacher
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Again...I apologize for the title. Thats all I could get out while I was in my fit of rage and missing the game. In my head it was like, UND Hockey????? Right now??? Really? WTF???? What happened to the football game?

It really wasnt so much about the UND hockey, it was that Neu lion was screwing up....AGAIN. But...in a way it was a little about UND hockey. That was the salt in the wounds. When you pay for a yearly subscription to watch Bison Football, UND hockey was the absolute last thing any of us wanted to see at that moment.

semobison
10-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Again...I apologize for the title. Thats all I could get out while I was in my fit of rage and missing the game. In my head it was like, UND Hockey????? Right now??? Really? WTF???? What happened to the football game?

It really wasnt so much about the UND hockey, it was that Neu lion was screwing up....AGAIN. But...in a way it was a little about UND hockey. That was the salt in the wounds. When you pay for a yearly subscription to watch Bison Football, UND hockey was the absolute last thing any of us wanted to see at that moment.

No problem! Understood!

Bison05
10-17-2011, 01:05 AM
We had taken our laptop to a BWW to use their wi-fi. We were eating when that happened. I don't think the waiter appreciated it very much when I threw up all over the floor...

Bisonguy
10-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Title edited. If you want it changed to something else let tony or any of the mod squad know.

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Nice work BisonGuy!!!! I assume By "Tony or the Mod Squad" you mean administrators. Correct?

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Nice work BisonGuy!!!! I assume By "Tony or the Mod Squad" you mean administrators. Correct?

Yes. They are a gay little band from the 70's.

Bisonguy
10-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Yes. They are a gay little band from the 70's.

LOL. I wish because I"d probably have a pimped out bus ready to turn into a tailgate rig.

Yeah, Tony or any of the mods can change thread titles.

bri-dog
10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I'll be damned, they actually got back to me! They suggested for better speed I should:

*go to speedtest.net and check download speed. Needs to be at least 700 kb/s (mine was 1.3ish mb/s)

*check RAM. Need at least 1GB (I have 4)

* check CPU usage. Mine was a little high, cleaned up some stuff and will try it for next week.

What did they say about the Who-key game? Not a friggin' thing. I didn't expect that.

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Thats BS. I am running an intel i7 960. Gigabit ethernet hardwired, and 12GB RAM. Homebuilt PC.

Not trying to change this thread into a computer geek thread. Please don't move it to a different forum or get all upset! Bri-dog, Be careful. you are dangerously close to mentioning the sport AND school that must-not-be-named!!! ;-)

Bisonguy
10-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I'll be damned, they actually got back to me! They suggested for better speed I should:

*go to speedtest.net and check download speed. Needs to be at least 700 kb/s (mine was 1.3ish mb/s)

* check CPU usage. Mine was a little high, cleaned up some stuff and will try it for next week.

What did they say about the Who-key game? Not a friggin' thing. I didn't expect that.

The crappy service is on their end. We're not the only school that has issues with them. ESPN3 has a flawless service without even minor buffering issues when I've used it, but Neu lion has problems.

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
But Espn3 has better signal, and sometimes depending on bandwidth gets close to HD.

bri-dog
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
The crappy service is on their end. We're not the only school that has issues with them. ESPN3 has a flawless service without even minor buffering issues when I've used it, but Neu lion has problems.

Yeah, I mentioned in my email that I watch espn3 and other streaming video with no problems. They glossed over that, too. I didn't really expect a helpful answer. That way I wouldn't be disappointed when I didn't get one.

Bisonguy
10-17-2011, 01:39 AM
But Espn3 has better signal, and sometimes depending on bandwidth gets close to HD.

Huh? If you have the exact same PC, with the same internet connection, and one video streaming service sucks and one is great (and is requiring more bandwidth than the crappy stream due to better video quality), then the problem lies with their service.

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Huh? If you have the exact same PC, with the same internet connection, and one video streaming service sucks and one is great (and is requiring more bandwidth than the crappy stream due to better video quality), then the problem lies with their service.

Exactly. The Neulion service has a crappy signal and thats why you get a pixelated view. Espn3 has a way better signal. What I meant was, that sometimes because of our internet provider we get fluxuations in bandwidth and don't always get the full HD with espn3. Sometimes we do. Even when we don't its still better than Neulion.

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 01:51 AM

ESPN3 also has the finacial backing of Disney corp.

That is on top of the server support and commitment of the biggest sports network in the united states, And is their attempt to stay relevant in an ever changing market.

GL with that...

Hammerhead
10-17-2011, 03:45 AM
The download speeds on my home connection are anywhere from 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps. I've had some buffering issues at home and the picture quality is nowhere near what I get with espn3.com

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
The download speeds on my home connection are anywhere from 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps. I've had some buffering issues at home and the picture quality is nowhere near what I get with espn3.com

My down load speeds are over 10 Mbps as well. Sure didnt help in week 1 when the server couldnt even be accessed.

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
I am sorry you feel that way. What section should I have posted this in?

It's in the right section...because no one reads the other sections. Relax

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
It's in the right section...because no one reads the other sections. Relax

Way to jump in the conversation a day later. That issue was resolved yesterday. They changed the name of the post last night.

The Team to the North who-must-not-be-named Sucks!

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2011, 12:33 PM
The streaming was fine out here in WYO. Only a few times did stuff stop and buffer. ESPN3, however is a much higher quality webcast than Neulion. NDSU really needs to look for something better with a higher quality picture.

roadwarrior
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I assume those people that are having issues with this service are also contacting NDSU and letting them know also. Jeremy Jorgenson would be the most likely one to contact I would guess.

WYOBISONMAN
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I assume those people that are having issues with this service are also contacting NDSU and letting them know also. Jeremy Jorgenson would be the most likely one to contact I would guess.

That is a very good point. I would suspect Neu lion is not passing negtive comments along to Jeremy. He needs to be emailed with the complaints.

MN_BISON
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^This. If you have any issues, write or call them. I called last year when everyone on Bisonville was complaining about the streaming quality from the BSA. I talked to someone in the AD and they claimed they had no idea but said they would take it to their IT people. Now I have no idea what if anything was done to resolve the issues from the BSA, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

TheBisonator
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
CBS College Sports (CSTV) has a group of affiliated universities that use their service. I remember watching a stream of a Bison/SIU game from SIU's website that's affiliated with CBSCS.

CBSCS/CSTV completely crapped out on the NDSU/Cal Poly game in 2007 (remember that one, the Walker comeback??), but that was one time four years ago.

MontanaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting this, we need a better service.

I don't know why there are not more complaints about this crappy stream.

What ever happened to having the radio feed (Scotty and Phil) along with the video stream.

The announcers on the Missouri State feed could have done well on the movie Deliverance.

Over the last few years the BigSkytv stream has improved much. Why not NDSU's?

Thanks for complaining.

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 10:02 PM

You haven't offended anyone...and if somebody doesn't know what it's about then that's their problem. If you watched the streaming you know exactly what it's about. You didn't make any mistakes here. I can't believe the criticism. Lighten up on this one folks. Unbelievable

BisonTeacher
10-17-2011, 11:41 PM
You haven't offended anyone...and if somebody doesn't know what it's about then that's their problem. If you watched the streaming you know exactly what it's about. You didn't make any mistakes here. I can't believe the criticism. Lighten up on this one folks. Unbelievable

Thank you! But I think it was just the title that threw people off. Bison Guy and "Tony and the Mods" were helpful in fixing that.