PDA

View Full Version : students

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
The student attendance is an absolute joke. If they can only fill their seats for one game a year, its about
Time to start taking tickets from them.
6-0 and there is an entire section empty. Pathetic.

heckler
10-15-2011, 11:47 PM
You are probably at a sue hockey game anyways.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-16-2011, 12:01 AM
You are probably at a sue hockey game anyways.
Nope. Never miss a bison football game for hockey. One thing they never have to worry about up north is
student attendance at hockey games, football on the other hand is another story.
What do the bison have to do to get the students to show up? Always seems to be an excuse.

TheBisonator
10-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Give the students 3,000 seats for every game except for Homecoming. Give them 5,000 for Homecoming.

Problem solved.

Bisonguy
10-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Give the students 3,000 seats for every game except for Homecoming. Give them 5,000 for Homecoming.

Problem solved.

They should have the equivalent or less for Homecoming. Homecoming. Say it out loud a couple of times. Homecoming. Not StudentsOnCampusThatDon'tShowUpForAnyOtherGameAndW antTheTicketsThatAlumniShouldBeGettingComing.

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 03:10 AM
I agree that it's pathetic, but guys... there were still a lot blue seats around the dome tonight... Not just the student section. The turnout has been WAY better than last year. I remember the student section not even being half full for the SIU & IND ST. games. If every reserved and GA seat were filled, then there is something to complain about. Right now it is the same problem between students and the rest of dome.

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Granted I understand that it is free for students, but the reserved tickets that are "sold out" have plenty of blue as well... What's that excuse? Be happy with the win. I know Missery state isn't a great opponent. I for one in the student section didn't feel the same electricity of previous games. I have talked to multiple students that didn't go tonight, but will be there for UNI for sure. So I would expect nothing less than a packed student section for that one.

BigBison
10-16-2011, 04:42 AM
As a student I agree I don't really know why the students didn't show, theres no excuse for this game. Cut back one section for the student, charge people for ticket = more money for sports.

SportsLover
10-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Get over it buddy, take all the blue seats in the season ticket holders sections and im sure that will add up to atleast half a section.
6-0 and there are season ticket holders missing a game. What is wrong with the world!

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Wasnt this hunting opener? I dont hunt but this seems to be around the right time...

Typically we see like 15000 to this game.... No idea what you are complaining about.

Student section looked like it was atleast 75% full.

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Wasnt this hunting opener? I dont hunt but this seems to be around the right time...

Typically we see like 15000 to this game.... No idea what you are complaining about.

Student section looked like it was atleast 75% full.

Plus Harvest is going on. Talked to a local farmer at tailgate and he said he wouldnt have made the game but he was close enough to take a break from driving the combine. But said he was going right back to it after the game and it was going to be a long night.. Now think of all the farmers who dont live close. Plus its hunting opener. Its is what it is.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Deer hunting doesn't open until after the UNI game(pheasant opened last week I think). Just the typical post homecoming dip but not as bad as recent years I guess.

56BISON73
10-16-2011, 05:02 AM
Deer hunting doesn't open until after the UNI game. Just the typical post homecoming dip but not as bad as recent years I guess.

Pheasant opener in SD.

CaBisonFan
10-16-2011, 05:03 AM
The student attendance is an absolute joke. If they can only fill their seats for one game a year, its about
Time to start taking tickets from them.
6-0 and there is an entire section empty. Pathetic.

Sell Beer like at the Ralph.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Pheasant opener in SD.

I don't think that is really a huge deal, deer opener is what always kills attendance.

BigBison
10-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Deer hunting doesn't open until after the UNI game(pheasant opened last week I think). Just the typical post homecoming dip but not as bad as recent years I guess.

Homecoming dip everyone went to the last home game.

stevdock
10-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Nah the bigger problem is the offense looked good, the defense looked good, special teams was special, and we won in a blowout. So the only thing concerning the football game to complain about was the blue seats. So considering the first sentence happened, who cares ;) We keep winning and they will all be full soon enough. If people stay away that just means better seats for me.

NDSUBowler
10-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Lets hope it doesn't ever get as bad as hunting opener last year!

http://vvcap.net/db/TN-khTFBIFTSNC5pkm3-.png

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Homecoming dip everyone went to the last home game.

That is why I said the post homecoming dip, student attendance always peaks on homecoming and then decreases.

BigBison
10-16-2011, 05:15 AM
who did we play last year in that picture?

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Indiana State (Harvest Bowl) * would be my guess. That would be next week last year.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 05:27 AM
That has to be SIU, I believe that was deer hunting opening weekend.

344Johnson
10-16-2011, 05:37 AM
Nope. Never miss a bison football game for hockey. One thing they never have to worry about up north is
student attendance at hockey games, football on the other hand is another story.
What do the bison have to do to get the students to show up? Always seems to be an excuse.

I also believe that teh hockies only has around 1-2 thousand student tickets. Thats easy to get.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 05:38 AM
That has to be SIU, I believe that was deer hunting opening weekend.

Attendance: 12834 probably

DIBISON
10-16-2011, 05:59 AM
What, 3.000 students at a game against an 0-6 team! That is half of the full attendance at at UND football game and more than the fans at other games. The student turnout has been great this year. Go Bison!

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 07:28 AM
What, 3.000 students at a game against an 0-6 team! That is half of the full attendance at at UND football game and more than the fans at other games. The student turnout has been great this year. Go Bison!
Exactly. No doubt it could improve, but it was light years better than last year at this time.

devin45k
10-16-2011, 09:29 AM
from a phag with sioux in his name, it's hard to take u serious. when the whioux hav absolutely no one that has went to more than 1 American sporting event for the year.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 01:01 PM
No big hunting opener, Pheasant in MN but who hunts pheasants in MN?? SD and ND pheasant were last weekend im pretty sure, SD maybe has a split start for resident and Non-resident but not sure. Beet Harvest is in full swing but still over half the students at NDSU right now couldnt tell you what a sugar beet looks like. Let the students be students it the asshats that buy all the tickets and dont show up or leave in the 2nd qtr , so I cant get extras for my buddies that actually want to go and cheer. If they beat SDSU next week I think the UNI game will be packed.

Wally
10-16-2011, 01:40 PM
No big hunting opener, Pheasant in MN but who hunts pheasants in MN?? SD and ND pheasant were last weekend im pretty sure, SD maybe has a split start for resident and Non-resident but not sure. Beet Harvest is in full swing but still over half the students at NDSU right now couldnt tell you what a sugar beet looks like. Let the students be students it the asshats that buy all the tickets and dont show up or leave in the 2nd qtr , so I cant get extras for my buddies that actually want to go and cheer. If they beat SDSU next week I think the UNI game will be packed.

Hopefully. According to gobison there are only 5 single reserved tickets left. Obviously, there are gen admission seats to be had and possible UNI returns. If most people show, which you can't count on, it will be packed.

56BISON73
10-17-2011, 02:22 AM

They need to think ahead and buy them when they become available. Season ticket holders do this every year. They dont wait to the last minute.

Tatanka
10-17-2011, 02:27 AM
They need to think ahead and buy them when they become available. Season ticket holders do this every year. They dont wait to the last minute.

To be fair, lack of availability is rarely an issue at Bison football games. I'm glad it's getting to that point. It will take time for some to adjust to this though...

I also wish that more people who buy tickets but can't go would make more of an effort to redistribute them. This will become more important as availability gets tighter...

tjbison
10-17-2011, 02:51 AM

well PL i know as I have 10 Sets of Season tickets, these people wanting to go are from 400 Miles away so they dont buy to buy, my point is all the people that do buy and then dont go. Its dumb, I would rather have an ass in the seat cheering or not than a blue spot

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 02:57 AM
well PL i know as I have 10 Sets of Season tickets, these people wanting to go are from 400 Miles away so they dont buy to buy, my point is all the people that do buy and then dont go. Its dumb, I would rather have an ass in the seat cheering or not than a blue spot

I would prefer a butt in seat, however. I would take the insurance route over the gamble.

A paid for blue seat sure beats an empty seat that is unsold.

jimmyptubas
10-17-2011, 05:08 AM
As far as availability goes, this was the first year that i was unable to get Homecoming ticket since i moved back to town 4 years ago. Of course, i was looking 3 or 4 days before the game, so that doesn't help and in other years i had tickets in advance. Still, it was even hard finding anyone listing them on craigslist. I was at the Indiana State Game and Robert Morris Game. Sparse crowds don't always mean a bad atmosphere!

Bison03
10-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Could be worse. A certain school up I29 gets about 40% capacity and less than 100 students at their football games.

344Johnson
10-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Could be worse. A certain school up I29 gets about 40% capacity and less than 100 students at their football games.

Do they actually get fewer than 100 or are we just giving them crap?

perthbison
10-18-2011, 04:30 AM
I also wish that more people who buy tickets but can't go would make more of an effort to redistribute them. This will become more important as availability gets tighter...Which reminds me. Anyone know of five tickets available for NI?

CaBisonFan
10-18-2011, 05:18 AM
from a phag with sioux in his name, it's hard to take u serious. when the whioux hav absolutely no one that has went to more than 1 American sporting event for the year.

My son just finished law school at UND this spring. He went to one football game in 3 years. He said that there were maybe 20 students there. He said that UND students have absolutely no interest in football. Zero...and says the Alerus is a problem.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

His thoughts on student attendance are that college kids are into XBox, computers, etc. They'd rather sit at home, drink, and watch the game there. In addition, a very high percentage could care less about sports on campus. They have their own things to do and are really just indifferent. He agrees that allowing drinking of some kind (somewhere in the park) would help. But according to him, it's just not that important. For some it is...but most are very casual about it. Take it or leave it. I wonder sometimes if students get tired of the constant spotlight on these guys...the privaleges, etc.

It'd be interesting to get a student survey about their attitudes on this issue.

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Hopefully. According to gobison there are only 5 single reserved tickets left. Obviously, there are gen admission seats to be had and possible UNI returns. If most people show, which you can't count on, it will be packed.

I would imagine UNI not only used all their seats but bought some throughout the dome. If the students don't use up their free tickets, its BS. Its the athletics department and marketings responsibility to hype the game and make sure they show.

Bison"FANatic"
10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Do they actually get fewer than 100 or are we just giving them crap?

Excuse the very bad link and where it takes you but it should answer your question.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/16105-student-attendence-at-football-games/

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-18-2011, 02:33 PM
We just better have all of the seats packed and screaming their tails off for next weeks game vs. UNI. IMO this is the most important game this season

Walkon79
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
My son just finished law school at UND this spring. He went to one football game in 3 years. He said that there were maybe 20 students there. He said that UND students have absolutely no interest in football. Zero...and says the Alerus is a problem.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

His thoughts on student attendance are that college kids are into XBox, computers, etc. They'd rather sit at home, drink, and watch the game there. In addition, a very high percentage could care less about sports on campus. They have their own things to do and are really just indifferent. He agrees that allowing drinking of some kind (somewhere in the park) would help. But according to him, it's just not that important. For some it is...but most are very casual about it. Take it or leave it. I wonder sometimes if students get tired of the constant spotlight on these guys...the privaleges, etc.

It'd be interesting to get a student survey about their attitudes on this issue.

This all sounds like something a Grizzly student would say in the 70's. Maybe it's a land grant thing, but our kids have been pretty faithful supporters even in the lean years. Now we're filling up the new endzone with 4,100 crazy kids, and they line up to get in before the gate opens, about an hour and a half before kickoff.

Here's a shot of the student section from last Saturday.

BigBison
10-19-2011, 12:29 AM
This all sounds like something a Grizzly student would say in the 70's. Maybe it's a land grant thing, but our kids have been pretty faithful supporters even in the lean years. Now we're filling up the new endzone with 4,100 crazy kids, and they line up to get in before the gate opens, about an hour and a half before kickoff.

Not Bad student section but I'd say WHEN our students pack the place like we did at homecoming and hopefully UNI, were the best in the FCS, top 3 for sure.
Beach Balls, the student line bounce after a touchdown kickoff, the giant face boards, wheres waldo, the chicks dress like sexy since were in a dome, the guy in the green body suit., our students are waiting in line 3 hours before the doors open and for big game kids are staying there all night, etc...

heckler
10-19-2011, 01:03 AM
I would imagine UNI not only used all their seats but bought some throughout the dome. If the students don't use up their free tickets, its BS. Its the athletics department and marketings responsibility to hype the game and make sure they show.

The only place we could find 10 seats by each other was the visitor section. That will be fun :hide:

bendixson
10-19-2011, 03:57 AM
we got in line at 630 for the homecoming game. There might now be 4000 die hards but there are still quite a few. I think the UNI game will still be packed

344Johnson
10-19-2011, 04:01 AM
we got in line at 630 for the homecoming game. There might now be 4000 die hards but there are still quite a few. I think the UNI game will still be packed

Stuck going with the ROTC for the UNI game, but for the Youngstown game....I will see your 0630, and raise it to 0600 in line for the game, and the game isn't til 3 Pm.

Strommer10
10-19-2011, 04:12 AM
I'll be in line sometime on Friday for the UNI game...

344Johnson
10-19-2011, 04:14 AM
I'll be in line sometime on Friday for the UNI game...

Perhaps I will raise you as well...and bring the other rotc folks Friday morning....MRE's for everyone!

Twentysix
10-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Perhaps I will raise you as well...and bring the other rotc folks Friday morning....MRE's for everyone!

I could go for some candy coated discs.

SportsLover
10-19-2011, 07:33 AM

I tailgated till 11:15 then walked straight to the front of the student line. :biggrin:

344Johnson
10-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I tailgated till 11:15 then walked straight to the front of the student line. :biggrin:

You Sir, are the type of person that none of us like then.

Strommer10
10-19-2011, 01:27 PM

I will see you there then! :biggrin:

Twentysix
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM

I always hope those people trip on their own arrogance and break their face. Would it be so hard to have a dome nazi enforce the line? I mean clearly I show up 3 hours early so that asshats like you can walk to the front.

NDBISON1
10-19-2011, 08:23 PM
We need some hecklers in front rows... especially when the bison are beating the crap out of the other guys

EndZoneQB
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
We need some hecklers in front rows... especially when the bison are beating the crap out of the other guys

I have yet to be in the student section this year. So, sorry for that.

DjKyRo
10-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Tough to do when the students get yelled at for saying "____ sucks." We've had a few do good work, though.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
10-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I always hope those people trip on their own arrogance and break their face. Would it be so hard to have a dome nazi enforce the line? I mean clearly I show up 3 hours early so that asshats like you can walk to the front.

To be honest I was on that same ish though as dude above. I got in line 3 hrs early too and waited in line. But everyone has their friends come join them so I somehow get pushed back further in the line. So since I was by myself, I decided when the line started to move or got out of the way for cars to drive through, I would walk up bit by bit to get ahead of people.

This is an example of what was happening in front of me, minus me confronting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bW1aMAkhs

TheBisonator
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I remember the days of getting in the student line at 12 noon for a 4:30pm door opening and a 6pm kickoff. There would already be like 50 students there at noon. No time for tailgating. At 4:30 pm the Dome Gestapo would have to enforce the no running in the halls policy in the concourses, cause of all the students rushing to claim their seats. The line going outside would stretch down to the res high-rises by the time the doors opened. 4,000 students strong most games. Good times.

Twentysix
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I remember the days of getting in the student line at 12 noon for a 4:30pm door opening and a 6pm kickoff. There would already be like 50 students there at noon. No time for tailgating. At 4:30 pm the Dome Gestapo would have to enforce the no running in the halls policy in the concourses, cause of all the students rushing to claim their seats. The line going outside would stretch down to the res high-rises by the time the doors opened. 4,000 students strong most games. Good times.

Only one time has the line touched the curb since you were here.

MontBison
10-19-2011, 09:59 PM

Lol the student section was maybe MAYBE 3/4 full at kick-off and there might have been 2,000 students after half. NDSU's student section on average is comparable to what MSU had for the home opener(which was max capacity), plus NDSU's students don't act like a bunch of drunk f$%ks when there shown on the video board.

NDBISON1
10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Me and some other fellow hecklers were there last week.. Its easy when the other team hasn't won a game halfway through the season.

Walkon79
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Lol the student section was maybe MAYBE 3/4 full at kick-off and there might have been 2,000 students after half. NDSU's student section on average is comparable to what MSU had for the home opener(which was max capacity), plus NDSU's students don't act like a bunch of drunk f$%ks when there shown on the video board.

Then why all the moaning about student attendance on this thread?

MontBison
10-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Then why all the moaning about student attendance on this thread?

Because NDSU fans got spoiled in the past when it came to student attendance, and they would reallyyyyy be moaning if the saw what takes place at bobcat games.

ndsubison1
10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
I have yet to be in the student section this year. So, sorry for that.

uni. lets do this!

TILIS-BisonFan
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM

If you get there six hours early like some of you claim and don't stop a guy from walking to the front either you don't really care or the line isn't that long at 1115. If I could walk to the front at 1115 instead of being there at six I hardly call it arrogance. Maybe a tad disrespectful but if they faced any resistance most of them wouldn't try it more than once.

Also complaining about student attendance is like complaining about the weather. You know what you are getting every year. Blame marketing, promotions, etc not students

EndZoneQB
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
uni. lets do this!

Yep. Count me in for that.

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 06:31 PM
If you get there six hours early like some of you claim and don't stop a guy from walking to the front either you don't really care or the line isn't that long at 1115. If I could walk to the front at 1115 instead of being there at six I hardly call it arrogance. Maybe a tad disrespectful but if they faced any resistance most of them wouldn't try it more than once.

Also complaining about student attendance is like complaining about the weather. You know what you are getting every year. Blame marketing, promotions, etc not students

Six hours early? the thing you just quoted has me saying three.... ...clearly I show up 3 hours early so that....

Go preach somewhere else.

Also its typically hordes of 10-20 people walking to the front. Goodluck enforcing something when you have no authority to begin with and they outnumber you 10 to 1.

Bison09
10-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Nobody cares if you are a diehard and get there at 6:30. Some of us "die hards" get in line to tailgate an hour before it opens and enjoy the whole Gameday experience, including getting front row and heckling the oppenents. Until they enforce students budging in line, I don't see why not to do it.

stevdock
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Six hours early? the thing you just quoted has me saying three.... ...clearly I show up 3 hours early so that....

Also its typically hordes of 10-20 people walking to the front. Goodluck enforcing something when you have no authority to begin with and they outnumber you 10 to 1.

If there were enough students that cared to complain about it the FargoDome/NDSU would need to do something to enforce it. This has been going on since the FargoDome opened though.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Some other posters were there early. If only you were to speak up then yes you would be outnumbered 10-1. If no one else who was waiting in line with you joined you then it would seem like must people do not care and If that were the case join the "herd" walking up imo.

Nobody cares if you are a diehard and get there at 6:30. Some of us "die hards" get in line to tailgate an hour before it opens and enjoy the whole Gameday experience, including getting front row and heckling the oppenents. Until they enforce students budging in line, I don't see why not to do it.

Bingo

Civil06
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM

You just failed Kindergarten...

Walkon79
10-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Because NDSU fans got spoiled in the past when it came to student attendance, and they would reallyyyyy be moaning if the saw what takes place at bobcat games.

Then why do you keep showing up at Bobcat Stadium if you think it's so bad? My advise, stay in the dorm and watch NDSU on the internet.

MontBison
10-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Then why do you keep showing up at Bobcat Stadium if you think it's so bad? My advise, stay in the dorm and watch NDSU on the internet.
LOL dorms? I do watch NDSU on the internet. Let's face it half the kids that go to the games at MSU go just to get loaded, I never said it was SO bad I just think it's laughable to listen to everyone saying how MSU has become so "big time" now. Wait until ISU and then post another picture on here PLEASE. Will see how far student attendance has come!

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 11:01 PM
LOL dorms? I do watch NDSU on the internet. Let's face it half the kids that go to the games at MSU go just to get loaded, I never said it was SO bad I just think it's laughable to listen to everyone saying how MSU has become so "big time" now. Wait until ISU and then post another picture on here PLEASE. Will see how far student attendance has come!

Thats a pretty similar situation in comparision to here....

344Johnson
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Some other posters were there early. If only you were to speak up then yes you would be outnumbered 10-1. If no one else who was waiting in line with you joined you then it would seem like must people do not care and If that were the case join the "herd" walking up imo.

Bingo

You really have the wrong idea here. What we are saying is that it is extremely rude to budge in front of people. If you see a line, you go to the back of it. It is that simple. Just because people might be too shy or might be too outnumbered to say anything, doesn't mean that it is cool to just budge in front of them. If getting a good seat was important to you, you wouldn't tailgate until 90 minutes before kickoff or have someone save you a seat. If you see a line in a gas station, are you going to jump to the front? No. You wait your turn.

If you dont go to the back of the line, or wait your turn....your a douchebag. End of story. If you save an entire row of seats(I have had people try this on me, I tell them to go F*** themselves and they shut up), you are a douchebag. I'm going to end this on a positive note...If you don't cheer for the Bison on Saturdays....you are a douchebag.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-22-2011, 01:55 AM
You really have the wrong idea here. What we are saying is that it is extremely rude to budge in front of people. If you see a line, you go to the back of it. It is that simple. Just because people might be too shy or might be too outnumbered to say anything, doesn't mean that it is cool to just budge in front of them. If getting a good seat was important to you, you wouldn't tailgate until 90 minutes before kickoff or have someone save you a seat. If you see a line in a gas station, are you going to jump to the front? No. You wait your turn.

If you dont go to the back of the line, or wait your turn....your a douchebag. End of story. If you save an entire row of seats(I have had people try this on me, I tell them to go F*** themselves and they shut up), you are a douchebag. I'm going to end this on a positive note...If you don't cheer for the Bison on Saturdays....you are a douchebag.

I dont disagree with anything you wrote here other than the gas station comparison and me being a douchebag. (BTW i have never skipped a line but I stand by everything you have quoted me as saying in this thread).

I do think its rude to budge but i also thinks its pretty dumb to see this week after week and not write a letter, etc if getting seats is that important and expect this to be any different.

If i wait in line at a gas station i will get what i want regardless of the people in front of me.

I have also never said this to anyone "I tell them to go F*** themselves and they shut up" you douchebag.

EndZoneQB
10-22-2011, 02:05 AM
WTF is going on in this thread?

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 02:10 AM
I dont disagree with anything you wrote here other than the gas station comparison and me being a douchebag. (BTW i have never skipped a line but I stand by everything you have quoted me as saying in this thread).

I do think its rude to budge but i also thinks its pretty dumb to see this week after week and not write a letter, etc if getting seats is that important and expect this to be any different.

If i wait in line at a gas station i will get what i want regardless of the people in front of me.

I have also never said this to anyone "I tell them to go F*** themselves and they shut up" you douchebag.

Perhaps I quoted the wrong individual. I apologize...but to the people who are assholes and budge, they are still douchebags.

Twentysix
10-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Perhaps I quoted the wrong individual. I apologize...but to the people who are assholes and budge, they are still douchebags.

here here! I wrote gene taylor an email, It wont do anything though.

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 05:29 AM
here here! I wrote gene taylor an email, It wont do anything though.

As George Michael would say.... ya gotta have faith!

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 12:57 PM
As George Michael would say.... ya gotta have faith!

It's ok to reference this "George Michael" in a Bisonville fooball thread............... > http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3pH8F1XaEYc/SzP1wT47h8I/AAAAAAAAJCQ/_o2ezITKnTc/s400/!!!!!michael2.jpg

But this one??????........................ > http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/3/8/9/3/6/8/1/orig-13893681.jpg

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
But this one??????........................ > http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/3/8/9/3/6/8/1/orig-13893681.jpg

Well...how bout this one? I've never met a person who doesn't like "Wake me up, before you go go."

Tatanka
10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Well...how bout this one? I've never met a person who doesn't like "Wake me up, before you go go."

1000must. Not. Neg. Rep. Youngster.

SportsLover
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Hey now calm down buddy no need for name calling. But I will continue to be an asshole every game so have fun standing in line 6 hrs before the game. I think of you while having a cold one in the lot next weekend.

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
must. Not. Neg. Rep. Youngster.

Your just putting up a front tatanka, I know for a fact you have some Wham! on all your playlists.

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Hey now calm down buddy no need for name calling. But I will continue to be an asshole every game so have fun standing in line 6 hrs before the game. I think of you while having a cold one in the lot next weekend.

There is a need for name calling when people are being douchebags.

X-Factor
10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh i remember the days of waiting in line at the south entrance and having people cut. So yes, it has been going on for many years, probably since Pitt St. Fortunately i only had to do it one season then after that was able to get a better view than all those and not have to cut the line or do anything unethical! It's all about strategy boys! FYI the line for Valpo was to the tennis courts for the poster that sayed something about the curb

344Johnson
10-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh i remember the days of waiting in line at the south entrance and having people cut. So yes, it has been going on for many years, probably since Pitt St. Fortunately i only had to do it one season then after that was able to get a better view than all those and not have to cut the line or do anything unethical! It's all about strategy boys! FYI the line for Valpo was to the tennis courts for the poster that sayed something about the curb

Homecoming this year would have easily touched the tennis courts but it wrapped a different way. I'm guessing several games end up winding different ways once the line is about to hit the street.

Strommer10
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
There is a need for name calling when people are being douchebags. I agree that it's annoying. You can't really stop large groups from doing this unless they start to enforce it.

Twentysix
10-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I agree that it's annoying. You can't really stop large groups from doing this unless they start to enforce it.

Here here, email gene. I already have. He promises results but i doubt it unless more emails start going his way.

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
I've already recruited 30+ students that aren't necessarily regulars. From who I have talked to, everyone has said they plan on going.

344Johnson
10-24-2011, 04:35 AM
I've already recruited 30+ students that aren't necessarily regulars. From who I have talked to, everyone has said they plan on going.

Make sure they are being loud. Some students first game they don't know how to behave....shit needs to be real this week. It is time the students make a difference like 06 and 07 students and crowds did.

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Make sure they are being loud. Some students first game they don't know how to behave....shit needs to be real this week. It is time the students make a difference like 06 and 07 students and crowds did.
Agreed. I save spots for people, but I have 3 rules:
1. Wear yellow
2. Stand the whole game
& 3. Cheer your a$$e$ off!

It still amazes me when I see people not wearing yellow in the student section. Are they that dumb/misinformed? Or do they truly not care at all. These chicks in front of me at homecoming were wearing pink shirts that had nothing to do with NDSU... :facepalm: I wanted to kick them because they were sleeping the entire game. But I screamed as loud as I could right at them instead. :rofl:

344Johnson
10-24-2011, 04:52 AM
It still amazes me when I see people not wearing yellow in the student section. Are they that dumb/misinformed? Or do they truly not care at all. These chicks in front of me at homecoming were wearing pink shirts that had nothing to do with NDSU... :facepalm: I wanted to kick them because they were sleeping the entire game. But I screamed as loud as I could right at them instead. :rofl:

I know boys aren't supposed to hit girls...but in this case........maybe??

TbonZach
10-24-2011, 04:56 AM
I know boys aren't supposed to hit girls...but in this case........maybe??

Depends on your definition of "hit".

HooliganBison
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM
NSFW due to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPboeNKMngc

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 06:09 AM
NSFW due to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPboeNKMngc
Maybe I should've just shaken them to wake them up :rofl:

CaBisonFan
10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Everyone should wear gold.

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Everyone should wear gold.
Amen. It should be pretty common sense. Every freshman is told this in orientation so there's no "I'm just a freshman" excuse.

Walkon79
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM

I'll be there so I will. The only harping I hear about student attendance at MSU this year is not getting back early in the 3rd. I expect the new EZ to be packed at game time and until the score gets out of hand. Stay tuned for photo proof :)

MontBison
10-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll be there so I will. The only harping I hear about student attendance at MSU this year is not getting back early in the 3rd. I expect the new EZ to be packed at game time and until the score gets out of hand. Stay tuned for photo proof :)
I'll be there and you won't miss me I'll be THAT kid with the green and yellow on.:duel:

Walkon79
10-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Funny: That's what I told the Nation, "be on the lookout for the kid in green and yellow. He's been dissin you this week. :):0

Gully
10-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Less than 1,000 student tickets left as of sometime this afternoon. Think they'll all get claimed by Thursday? SRO now sold out as well.

MontBison
10-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Funny: That's what I told the Nation, "be on the lookout for the kid in green and yellow. He's been dissin you this week. :):0

For the record I don't have a problem with the adult fans, it's just the kids who try to drink till they drop before the game are kind of an embarrassment to MSU when that's the only people you ever see on the video board.

EndZoneQB
10-26-2011, 01:38 AM
For the record I don't have a problem with the adult fans, it's just the kids who try to drink till they drop before the game are kind of an embarrassment to MSU when that's the only people you ever see on the video board.

Sorry for partying.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Agreed. I save spots for people, but I have 3 rules:

I really think neither of these are the reason.

Ginsbach
10-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Yeah, as soon as the Bengals pull ahead by 3 touchdowns it will be pretty empty. ;)

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Will unclaimed student tickets be sold to the public?

roadwarrior
10-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Will unclaimed student tickets be sold to the public?

No, because the students can still get them on saturday at the dome.

Strommer10
10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
SRO people can fill in any empty spots if all student tickets are not sold.

344Johnson
10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
If the students claim the damn tickets then we don't have to worry about what SRO people can/cannot do.

tony
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Just have to say - the student section is the best I remember. Better than at Dacotah.

BadlandsBison
10-26-2011, 06:07 PM
The student crowd at homecoming was great. I don't think we'll see it that good again saturday but should be solid.

SDbison
10-26-2011, 06:37 PM
The student crowd at homecoming was great. I don't think we'll see it that good again saturday but should be solid. Why not? Please explain? This Saturday is an even bigger game.

Bison55
10-26-2011, 07:18 PM
The student attendance has been good this year IMO, at least for the couple of games that I have been at. Better than previous years I think.

IMO the biggest issue is all the empty seats, sometimes entire rows and usually they are great seats that are empty. where are these people?
also, getting the book readers and knitting crowd to stand up and cheer is impossible. Seems like only half the crowd is really into the game and cheering. The other half just wants to sit there and visit with each other

As a side note/ question....Does anyone know how loud it actually gets on the field? Is it disruptive for the opposing team?
it seems noisy in the stands at times, but how much of that noise impacts play on the field...just curious??

BisonTeacher
10-26-2011, 07:23 PM
getting the book readers and knitting crowd to stand up and cheer is impossible. Seems like only half the crowd is really into the game and cheering. The other half just wants to sit there and visit with each other

drinking for 3 hours in parking lot + climbing stairs = nappy time. um....not speaking from personal experience. :biggrin:

Gully
10-26-2011, 07:26 PM
The student attendance has been good this year IMO, at least for the couple of games that I have been at. Better than previous years I think.

IMO the biggest issue is all the empty seats, sometimes entire rows and usually they are great seats that are empty. where are these people?
also, getting the book readers and knitting crowd to stand up and cheer is impossible. Seems like only half the crowd is really into the game and cheering. The other half just wants to sit there and visit with each other

As a side note/ question....Does anyone know how loud it actually gets on the field? Is it disruptive for the opposing team?
it seems noisy in the stands at times, but how much of that noise impacts play on the field...just curious??

I think it's louder on the field than in the stands because the noise is directed toward the field. I don't know for sure though because I've never been down there. I suspect it sounds louder in the East side stands than the West because of the direction the students face.

TheBisonator
10-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Theory on the blue spots dotted around:

These are mainly companies, whether large or small, that are TeamMakers, at whatever level. So their TeamMaker membership may come with a pair of tix or 4 tix. These companies then give these tix to employees game by game, perhaps as an incentive for working well. Problem is that F-M's labour pool is just so ENGORGED with UND alumni, that most likely most of the potential employee pool that may want to go to the game are Sewage grads. It's what I've always said: NDSU grads tend to go get a job in Minneapolis. UND grads tend to go get a job in Fargo.

So the company buys the TM membership, buys the tix, and there is no one in their company willing to take them. Or just refusing to take them out of rival spite. This is one reason why I laugh at the line by UNI fans when they say, "NDSU doesn't have any competition in its state like we do with the Hawkeyes or Cyclones!" Oh we DO. Believe you me.

I'm not talking Microsoft or Scheels or Sanford here, I'm talking Joe Schmoe's Plumbing on 7th Ave. north or some business like that.

SDbison
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Did the students git r done yet? Shouldn't be any tickets left after today. WTF?

SDbison
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Theory on the blue spots dotted around:

These are mainly companies, whether large or small, that are TeamMakers, at whatever level. So their TeamMaker membership may come with a pair of tix or 4 tix. These companies then give these tix to employees game by game, perhaps as an incentive for working well. Problem is that F-M's labour pool is just so ENGORGED with UND alumni, that most likely most of the potential employee pool that may want to go to the game are Sewage grads.

So the company buys the TM membership, buys the tix, and there is no one in their company willing to take them. Or just refusing to take them out of rival spite. This is one reason why I laugh at the line by UNI fans when they say, "NDSU doesn't have any competition in its state like we do with the Hawkeyes or Cyclones!" Oh we DO. Believe you me.

I'm not talking Microsoft or Scheels or Sanford here, I'm talking Joe Schmoe's Plumbing on 7th Ave. north or some business like that. If this is the case than the employer doesn't know his employees very well. And really, do think a NDSU booster is going to hire predominately UND grads? I think some companys need to be more aware if the tickets they are giving out are being used. If not, find a worthy place to give them where they would be appreciated and used.

TheBisonator
10-26-2011, 07:52 PM
If this is the case than the employer doesn't know his employees very well. And really, do think a NDSU booster is going to hire predominately UND grads? I think some companys need to be more aware if the tickets they are giving out are being used. If not, find a worthy place to give them where they would be appreciated and used.

That's why I think all the TM companies should participate in a TM seat-only ticket exchange. I really do believe that there are enough people at these Bison games to fill every seat in the Dome if they wanted to. I refuse to believe that at all these games the past 1 1/2 seasons, that every single person who wanted to be at the game was at the game. I believe there are people wanting to be at the game, but can not get tickets, only later on to see these blue specks in the grandstands. This number of people may not be typically high, maybe only in the hundreds. But it's better if that person who wants to go be at the game can ACTUALLY sit on one of the seats that will just be empty anyway.

bisonaudit
10-26-2011, 08:45 PM
There are about a zillion relatively painless ways to give away or resell tickets. I have no material concerns about people who want to be at the game not being able to get their hands on tickets because someone simply isn't making them available. There are efficient functioning secondary markets for these things.

What's probably happening is that demand (or at least the perception of it) isn't sufficiently high to compel the people holding the tickets to make their seats available.

SDbison
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Likely ticket snobs..........don't want somebody else sitting in THEIR seats.
Since this is the student thread anyone have access to figure out how many student tickets are left?

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
No, because the students can still get them on saturday at the dome.
If students don't pickup their tickets by Friday morning, they should go on sale. This obviously isn't an issue for games that don't sell out, but a game such as this, there is no reason not to fill the seats.

bisonaudit
10-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Likely ticket snobs..........don't want somebody else sitting in THEIR seats.

Wave more money under their up-turned noses.

TransAmBison
10-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Wave more money under their up-turned noses.That would be clutch. :D

17>1
10-26-2011, 10:00 PM
I think the people out there that really really want to be at the game, are the ones that buy season tickets or buy tickets for big games well in advance. Those that miss out are most likely procastinators or bandwagon jumpers. In a situation like this weekend and the magnitude of the game, sure there will be some that won't get in because of the sell out but they'll learn their lesson about waiting to long. On the flip side, I hate people that look like blue chairs as much as the next guy, so figuring out a way to put people in those seats is something I'm all for.

CivilBison96
10-26-2011, 10:48 PM
I think the people out there that really really want to be at the game, are the ones that buy season tickets or buy tickets for big games well in advance. Those that miss out are most likely procastinators or bandwagon jumpers. In a situation like this weekend and the magnitude of the game, sure there will be some that won't get in because of the sell out but they'll learn their lesson about waiting to long. On the flip side, I hate people that look like blue chairs as much as the next guy, so figuring out a way to put people in those seats is something I'm all for.

Would they allow SRO people to fill in any empty seats after say the first quarter is over to allow time for "late arrivals" to get there?

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
just freakin put them media guide books or a sheet on the chairs...that way into the 2nd qtr if theres still shit on some chairs, SRO'ers will know that those seats arent likely to be used and they cann sit there

Gully
10-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Any updates on how many student tickets remain? I'd have to think that there aren't more than 500 left.

Yellow
10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
I know there was less than 400

Strommer10
10-28-2011, 09:29 PM
We currently have 4 people camping out tonight for the game. A few of us are here in two tents for the night. If any other students would like to join us, they are more than welcome to. Less than 23 hours til kick off! Go Bison!

56BISON73
10-28-2011, 09:33 PM
We currently have 4 people camping out tonight for the game. A few of us are here in two tents for the night. If any other students would like to join us, they are more than welcome to. Less than 23 hours til kick off! Go Bison!

Where are you camped out?

Strommer10
10-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Right in front of the south doors. We haven't put the tents up yet. But we will be here all night!

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Right in front of the south doors. We haven't put the tents up yet. But we will be here all night!

Just to get in front? If so, we are not worthy. Also, danger:

When you grow up, you will end up in the west lot and spending too much time on Bisonville.

Twentysix
10-28-2011, 09:37 PM

So crazy. Good for you. Inspire mania.

BisoninNWMN
10-28-2011, 09:38 PM

Thumbs up to your crew for camping out!!

Dedication!

Strommer10
10-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Thumbs up to your crew for camping out!!

Dedication!
Thanks guys. We are trying to start a little tradition back up to camp out the night before each big home game of the year.

Sidenote: It's supposed to be a balmy 29 degrees over night...

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys. We are trying to start a little tradition back up to camp out the night before each big home game of the year.

How do you anchore a tent to the concrete?

Bisonguy
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
How do you anchore a tent to the concrete?

With cases of beer?

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 01:18 AM
I'd like to thank 56Bison73 for the pizza's! They are much appreciated. :biggrin:

ndsubison1
10-29-2011, 01:20 AM

good job. id be down to do this for a playoff game

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 01:43 AM
good job. id be down to do this for a playoff game
Can't wait for it to be -10 overnight for those games. Now THAT would be dedication!

Twentysix
10-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Looked like you were getting visitors when we drove by.

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Looked like you were getting visitors when we drove by.
56Bison & Tatanka have stopped by to my knowledge. I have been at work since 7 so I could be missing some people. I'll be back @11pm.

56BISON73
10-29-2011, 02:28 AM
I'd like to thank 56Bison73 for the pizza's! They are much appreciated. :biggrin:

It was my pleasure. Cant have the stalwarts of the student body getting hungry before game day.

56BISON73
10-29-2011, 02:29 AM
56Bison & Tatanka have stopped by to my knowledge. I have been at work since 7 so I could be missing some people. I'll be back @11pm.

Hammersmith was with us also. Plus Tatankas daughter Katy had to see the crazy people living in the tent.:rofl:

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Hammersmith was with us also. Plus Tatankas daughter Katy had to the crazy people living in the tent.:rofl:
I wish I was there for that! :rofl:

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 02:38 AM
It was my pleasure. Cant have the stalwarts of the student body getting hungry before game day.
They are definitely preferred over the late night Tbell run that we were planning.

BlueBisonRock
10-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Photos needed.

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Photos needed.
I do not have a camera with. :( But took a few pics on the camera phone and will try to upload them asap. Two people came up to us earlier and asked for a picture. They were setting up the tent in the south lot. I'm not quite sure who they were but looked like they were with NDSU. Could've been alumni association or something.

ndsubison1
10-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I do not have a camera with. :( But took a few pics on the camera phone and will try to upload them asap. Two people came up to us earlier and asked for a picture. They were setting up the tent in the south lot. I'm not quite sure who they were but looked like they were with NDSU. Could've been alumni association or something.

very cool. saw the tent up earlier tonight

Gully
10-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Well Strommer, you guys were mentioned in a Forum story this morning so I guess you've been spotted. Hopefully PLs pizza kept you warm, which is better than PLs sausage keeping you warm.

Tatanka
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Well Strommer, you guys were mentioned in a Forum story this morning so I guess you've been spotted. Hopefully PLs pizza kept you warm, which is better than PLs sausage keeping you warm.

True That!!!

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM
We made it through the night! It wasn't too bad. The heater kept us alive :biggrin:

56BISON73
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Now thats funny!!!!!!!

56BISON73
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
We made it through the night! It wasn't too bad. The heater kept us alive :biggrin:

I will be going to the store to get the buns for the sausage. You guys need anything? Donuts? Drinks? Need to run through the rain room. Will check back before I leave.

gizmo
10-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Get over it buddy, take all the blue seats in the season ticket holders sections and im sure that will add up to atleast half a section.
6-0 and there are season ticket holders missing a game. What is wrong with the world!

My wife and I, both NDSU alumnus, are season ticket holders who try to make it to every home game. When we have to miss a game we try to give our tickets away. There are a significant number of season ticket holders, like us, who actually have jobs and/or other real world obligations that sometimes prevent them from attending some games. There are others,, like us, who have to make a 800+ mile round trip at significant time and $ expense to attend a game. Likewise, there are thousands of Bison alumni who willingly donate a good share of their hard-earned money to be season ticket holders, Teammakers or contributors to the university in some way. We already payed for our education at NDSU once and now we continue to give back so that today's students can be proud of their school and it's programs in and out of the classroom. Frankly, we alumnus have a lot of good places we could spend our money....church, medical research. etc. or we could just give it all to our kids but we choose NDSU. So, if our seats are empty you can be assured that we are glued to a tv somewhere or perhaps listening to the game on the radio in a combine or truck. Someday, the students will get to know what it's like in the real world. We are there for the long haul and we don't just show up when it's a "big game".

....oh, I almost forgot - GO BISON!!!!!!!!

Strommer10
10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I will be going to the store to get the buns for the sausage. You guys need anything? Donuts? Drinks? Need to run through the rain room. Will check back before I leave.
We should be good, two of us went back to our apartments to shower and stuff. We still have some cold pizza left and McDonalds that someone else brought us. :nod:
Not sure how good they will be though.

A1pigskin
10-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Students will be important in this game for the noise.

roadwarrior
10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Former students will be doing their fair share of making noise today too!

A1pigskin
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Former students will be doing their fair share of making noise today too!

very true.........................

56BISON73
10-29-2011, 01:20 PM
My wife and I, both NDSU alumnus, are season ticket holders who try to make it to every home game. When we have to miss a game we try to give our tickets away. There are a significant number of season ticket holders, like us, who actually have jobs and/or other real world obligations that sometimes prevent them from attending some games. There are others,, like us, who have to make a 800+ mile round trip at significant time and $ expense to attend a game. Likewise, there are thousands of Bison alumni who willingly donate a good share of their hard-earned money to be season ticket holders, Teammakers or contributors to the university in some way. We already payed for our education at NDSU once and now we continue to give back so that today's students can be proud of their school and it's programs in and out of the classroom. Frankly, we alumnus have a lot of good places we could spend our money....church, medical research. etc. or we could just give it all to our kids but we choose NDSU. So, if our seats are empty you can be assured that we are glued to a tv somewhere or perhaps listening to the game on the radio in a combine or truck. Someday, the students will get to know what it's like in the real world. We are there for the long haul and we don't just show up when it's a "big game".

Well said. Iam sure you have spoken for many alumni as well. Reps tp you!!!

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 03:10 AM
Hear me out on this...

I was very impressed with the student section tonight. I might be biased as a student but way too many Harvest Bowls past have I been disappointed. Just about everyone stayed for the ENTIRE game and was still packed after the game. That is what I have been waiting for the past two years. Yes there were some open spots but we were at least two to a seat in the lower section. Lets hope this doesn't drastically change vs YSU and the playoffs.

NDSUBowler
10-30-2011, 07:30 AM
Agree. It may have been fuller in the past, but this crowd was faithful to the end (no doubt a close game helped) and their voices more than made up for the empty seats at the top.

SportsLover
10-30-2011, 08:36 AM

I totally understand it was harvest season, but I think you maybe got a little out of hand in that post and didn't understand the sarcasm I was writing towards the first post in this thread, as many were at the beginning of this thread. My point was why single out a not full student section when our reserved tickets are just as empty as students. I didn't mean any disrespect to season ticket holders(as my parents are Teammakers) but not all students are attending this college to cheer on our football team( even though i wish they would were). Some are here to focus on getting to the real world(like you pointed out specifically). That was my point and only point. So settle down sir we are all bison fans here.

Anyways Great win today!!!!! Indiana ST. is just as big as game as UNI. Lets keep this going Bison!

NDSUBowler
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
One other little gripe I had with student section yesterday...doing the wave in a 5 point game while the game is going on. I feel like the wave is stupid anyways, but if you are going to do it, do it in a blowout since fans focus in a close game should be on the GAME.

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
One other little gripe I had with student section yesterday...doing the wave in a 5 point game while the game is going on. I feel like the wave is stupid anyways, but if you are going to do it, do it in a blowout since fans focus in a close game should be on the GAME.

Agree 10,000%. I was trying to stop it and tell people to watch the game.

HoopsBison
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM

Thats not on the students...Thundar and the cheer section were attempting to get it going, the students were only following suit...

stevdock
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
one other little gripe i had with student section yesterday...doing the wave in a 5 point game while the game is going on. I feel like the wave is stupid anyways, but if you are going to do it, do it in a blowout since fans focus in a close game should be on the game.

and don"t do it while we are on offense!!!!!!!!!

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Thats not on the students...Thundar and the cheer section were attempting to get it going, the students were only following suit...
True, but most students should know better. A lot are there to have fun so they do that, I understand. But it is not the place or time for that.

HoopsBison
10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Pretty minor issue and when the cheer team and mascot start it... I dont blame the students at all on this one..

NDSUBowler
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Pretty minor issue and when the cheer team and mascot start it... I dont blame the students at all on this one..
I should have clarified that I meant more than just the students. I saw the cheer team and Thundar trying to start it so it is mostly on them. I agree with you there.

I think a lot of the cheer team chants and yells just seem...off...at times, this being a prime example...disconnected to the game and just focusing on cheering for whatever, whenever.

herdmember
10-31-2011, 02:39 AM
Hear me out on this...

I was very impressed with the student section tonight. I might be biased as a student but way too many Harvest Bowls past have I been disappointed. Just about everyone stayed for the ENTIRE game and was still packed after the game. That is what I have been waiting for the past two years. Yes there were some open spots but we were at least two to a seat in the lower section. Lets hope this doesn't drastically change vs YSU and the playoffs.

I think you nailed it here. I'm assuming how the student ticket thing works is they sell one ticket for each chair in the student section. There was blue on top of the student section, but the bottom sections appeared to be double occupied with everyone standing up. This may not 'look' as good, but it makes for an even louder, crazier atmosphere. Kudos to students and all the fans!

Strommer10
10-31-2011, 02:54 AM
I think you nailed it here. I'm assuming how the student ticket thing works is they sell one ticket for each chair in the student section. There was blue on top of the student section, but the bottom sections appeared to be double occupied with everyone standing up. This may not 'look' as good, but it makes for an even louder, crazier atmosphere. Kudos to students and all the fans!
We also had two people in each row of the aisles in the bottom sections. At least the one next to me. We pack in a lot of people close to the field where it matters.

jimmyptubas
10-31-2011, 03:34 AM
We can blame DJKyRo for this one right? :)

MontBison
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Alright Walk on let's see the packed house!!:rofl:

Walkon79
10-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Alright Walk on let's see the packed house!!:rofl:

Quite embarrassing! but it was flipping cold and 54-13.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, but I'm sure Cat/Griz will be another story althogether.

DjKyRo
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
We can blame DJKyRo for this one right? :)

When Thundar speaks, one can but dwell on his every word.

Ginsbach
11-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Quite embarrassing! but it was flipping cold and 54-13.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, but I'm sure Cat/Griz will be another story althogether.

Plus, you know, the Bengals don't travel very well. I've tried to talk a few of my fellow grad students into going to the EWU game at the end of the season. It's been tough going.