PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Missouri State?

tony
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I knew a heck of a lot more about conference teams back in the D2 days. If I had to do a speech on Missouri State, the only player I could name would be Jermaine Staffold, their big play receiver (actually, I just checked the stats - he's caught 6 of their 7 TD passes and has also half their yardage!) So basically I know nothing and am looking for some insights and information from you guys.

For my part, I had to look up their QB's name (Trevor Wooden) - he's an efficient passer and their second-leading rusher. If the Bears are going to do much on offense, it seems like these are the guys who are going to make it happen.

Interesting stat: Look at the scoring per quarter by the Bear's opponents:
1st qtr: 58 (did somebody miss an XP?)
2nd qtr: 59
3rd qtr: 59
4th qtr: 59

With possibly 3 receivers out, I'm not sure how well NDSU's offense is going to click so I kind of expect another defensive struggle and lots of moaning about playcalling... hopefully we call that play where the QB can take three steps back without having a defensive player trying to knock him out.

344Johnson
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
With possibly 3 receivers out, I'm not sure how well NDSU's offense is going to click so I kind of expect another defensive struggle and lots of moaning about playcalling... hopefully we call that play where the QB can take three steps back without having a defensive player trying to knock him out.

3 Receivers out? Vraa, Gebhart and....?

tony
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
3 Receivers out? Vraa, Gebhart and....?

Smith - posted it before I read that Smith is probable for Saturday.

CAS4127
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
If the QB is their second leading rusher, they must run THE DREADED spread/read option--which normally spells a bit of trouble for our D. Also, looks like the RB is pretty much a north-south type of back, which, again, we struggle with at times. Bottom line, we have to get our offense moving. I think we can do that by runnin the spread/read option a bit ourselves like we did effectively later in the SIU game. Come on Vigen, I have been calling for this for a couple of years. It works against both a 4-3 and a 3-4 cuz it 1) slows the LB's down a bit and 2) can iso the run-side LBs and set them up for a lead block by FB. Let's go--who's in!!!!

devin45k
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Theyre better than UND despite the 0 win record :biggrin:

KilldeerBison
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
If the QB is their second leading rusher, they must run THE DREADED spread/read option--which normally spells a bit of trouble for our D. Also, looks like the RB is pretty much a north-south type of back, which, again, we struggle with at times. Bottom line, we have to get our offense moving. I think we can do that by runnin the spread/read option a bit ourselves like we did effectively later in the SIU game. Come on Vigen, I have been calling for this for a couple of years. It works against both a 4-3 and a 3-4 cuz it 1) slows the LB's down a bit and 2) can iso the run-side LBs and set them up for a lead block by FB. Let's go--who's in!!!!

I'll be there, I'm in !!!

westnodak93bison
10-14-2011, 01:35 AM

How about a little 8 man front and see if they can stop it? :)

aces1180
10-14-2011, 02:30 PM
I just saw a Tweet from Kolpack...MSU is flying in tomorrow, the day of the game. :confused:

roadwarrior
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Great, we will wave at them from the west lot when they approach the runway!

CAS4127
10-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Great, we will wave at them from the west lot when they approach the runway!

God I hope they fly in about 2-2:30 and see the west lot full of people ready to watch them get their butts kicked!!!

MNLonghorn10
10-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I just saw a Tweet from Kolpack...MSU is flying in tomorrow, the day of the game. :confused:what the fuck?? No wonder why they havent won a game.

roadwarrior
10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
No hotel bills, and they can just stop at Taco Bell for their meals.

MNLonghorn10
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
good points. They have good food taste

roadwarrior
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
And if they park the plane at the old terminal, the players could just walk to the Fargodome. Saves on bus expenses.

Bisonfan1
10-14-2011, 03:32 PM

Actually, I heard they were going to cut the team loose prior to dressing to scrounge the tailgate lot for food, so no food cost either. They heard CAS and PL would have shrimp, (loose lips sink ships !) Maybe CAS could even cook up a Bison LineBacker Burger for them !! Also heard that they were going to hoof it on foot from the airport to the dome for their warm up. Got a love a team that follows a tight budget ! Dont ask for my source of this information Ill never tell.

CAS4127
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
And if they park the plane at the old terminal, the players could just walk to the Fargodome. Saves on bus expenses.

Time is money as well, as they say in the bidness. Thus, they can dress and tape for the game at home, carry their helmets and pads with them on the plane like carry-on luggage, and just head right out of the dome after the game, over to the airport and fly back to Mizzo, and shower there.

I hope their offense isn't this efficient!!!!!??????

NWNDBison
10-15-2011, 12:03 AM
From Missouri State Game Notes:

Since a 21-17 win over the Bison on their last trip to Fargo (Oct. 24, 2009), the Bears have lost 11 straight road games. During that span, the Bears are 6-3 at home and have lost five road games by a touchdown or less.

They must LOVE playing the Bison!

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
From Missouri State Game Notes:

Since a 21-17 win over the Bison on their last trip to Fargo (Oct. 24, 2009), the Bears have lost 11 straight road games. During that span, the Bears are 6-3 at home and have lost five road games by a touchdown or less.

They must LOVE playing the Bison!

I try to blank out those negative memories. Shame on you for reminding me of a time when Lake's favorite QB was at the helm.

bisonmike2
10-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I try to blank out those negative memories. Shame on you for reminding me of a time when Lake's favorite QB was at the helm.

"Don't worry about him, he'll turn it around. And then Jose in 2010!"

Sorry about that. Just had a bad Lakes flashback.

Bison bison
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't know much about Missouri State, but Springfield...

Springfield, Springfield it's a hell of a town...

BisonFan33
10-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Interesting they would be working with a limited budget, must not gain much revenue from football ticket/merch sales. They got 839,000 for playing Arkansas and Oregon this year...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/preview?gid=201109170060

Twentysix
10-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Interesting they would be working with a limited budget, must not gain much revenue from football ticket/merch sales. They got 839,000 for playing Arkansas and Oregon this year...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/preview?gid=201109170060

each? Otherwise that isnt very good.

yellowstreak
10-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Which does Missouri State have more of? Wins or fans?