PDA

View Full Version : Positive Thursday

TateMosersneighbor
10-12-2011, 01:29 AM
I like GL and in honor of Joe's "positive Thursday", I'd like to hear your positive thought around the Bison FB team. The rules are simple, take any moment in Bison history and tell us your positive take on the situation/player/coach/etc.

Here's my first couple:

I like Voitlander. I can't help but like how he's handled the position change. Kinda seems to me like that's the epitome of a team atmosphere when a VERY GOOD Runningback accepts the change to punter. He coulda transferred to Winona and led them in rushing yards or transferred to the University of Minnesota and led them in passing yards...nah, he stuck around and is part of a very good 5-0 FB team. Can't wait to see a fake punt.

I also like Dudzik. I like that he's from the Omaha area, he probably thinks Fargo is as beautiful as Yosemite. I think Dudzik should show our OL how to play slightly mean. I like these two guys.

CaBisonFan
10-12-2011, 01:53 AM
1. A habit that the dynasty got into was to have a supposed great QB and receiver coming to town. We'd play around for a quarter or two and then pound the shit out of them. This has happened so many times that I couldn't begin to pick one out. Erhardt, Mudra, Morton, Solomonson, Hager.....then it went away.

2. The days when the Bison controlled the ball. When the Bison defense hit the field they could smell blood. The crowd would cheer for and recognize a great tackle or block. This came from Ron Erhardt.

344Johnson
10-12-2011, 03:52 AM
1. Walker pass to Heckendorf against Sam Houston St. Again against Cal Poly. But the Sam Houston St. touchdown was in the dome...with Rhett Bomar watching. Right in front of the student section, I couldn't see the catch from my seats, but the students reaction told me enough. TOUCHDOWN BISON!

2. Bob Babich is walking out of the BSA while I was going in for a wrestling tournement when I was little. He must have saw that my eyes got big. Took the time to come over and ask me if he was getting the ball to Lamar Gordon enough, when I told him no, he said he'd work on getting it to him more.

FarSouth Bison
10-13-2011, 02:00 AM
When the Bison ran the option!

DjKyRo
10-13-2011, 02:15 AM
I can't help but to continue to be impressed with the play of Ryan Smith. He's had awesome hands out there and has had a couple really big plays, the most recent of which at Southern Illinois totally changed the momentum of that game. What an asset in the receiving corps.

runtheoption
10-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Matt Veldman and his emergence as a true redzone threat this year!

Gully
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Runtheoption's and Tatemosersneighbor's wives are friendly, if you know what I mean. That's a real positive.

bisonfan11
10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
We have on hell of a secondary headed by Marcus Williams.

Tatanka
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
We have one hell of a secondary headed by Marcus Williams, who is a Sophomore!!!.

Added for increased positivity.