PDA

View Full Version : Wes Hudson

ISXBISON
10-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Well, here it is....:facepalm::facepalm:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/336797/group/homepage/

DjKyRo
10-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Too bad. He looked like a talented kid. Pity he had to blow it doing something stupid.

Mr. Burgundy
10-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Perfect, another scholarship is freed up to recruit with.

Bison06
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
This brings up an interesting discussion point IMO. Would players like this steal if they were getting paid? I think people who steal will be the type who steal even when they are getting paid, but I have heard others argue that paying college football players might do away with this type of thing to a certain extent.

What are some thoughts from the BV'ers?

NDSUstudent
10-10-2011, 11:03 PM
This brings up an interesting discussion point IMO. Would players like this steal if they were getting paid? I think people who steal will be the type who steal even when they are getting paid, but I have heard others argue that paying college football players might do away with this type of thing to a certain extent.

I don't think they could be paid enough to deter it, if they were paid enough you need to remember female athletes would need to be paid the same amount(title 9). It would just widen the gap further between the haves and the have nots.

Honestly some people get paid million of dollars and do stupid stuff like this.

Grizzled
10-10-2011, 11:10 PM
He had issues with this before he got here. I don't think it would matter if he was paid or not.

imabison
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, here it is....:facepalm::facepalm:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/336797/group/homepage/

One does wonder if he left town before they served the 2nd warrant of if he took of and is still wanted.
Sorry to hear a promising young athlete went bad.

tony
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM

If anything, paying student-athletes might increase the sense of entitlement in those who are predisposed to thievery. I doubt most people really want to do wrong, so in order to go through with a wrongful act, they do some mental gymnastics to justify it to themselves first. If you justify theft by saying, "I only get a scholarship, room, and board but I don't get any cash, therefore I steal," then it's not that far to "I don't get paid enough to afford what I want, therefore I steal."

Another possibility is that somebody is just stealing for the thrill of it and, again, getting paid will not decrease the thrill (it might increase it, in fact.) Yet another possibility is that, for some reason, right or wrong never really figures much into their plans - nor do thinking about the consquences.

In this particular case, I'm not sure that Hudson even considered right or wrong - he doesn't seem like much of a thinker given that he compounded his error by not showing up for court-mandated penalties.

IzzyFlexion
10-10-2011, 11:41 PM
See you later.
Hopefully the program uses that freed up scholarship for a student athlete that can help advance the team's mission and follow the basic rules of society. (admittedly echoing Mr. Bergundy)

4mcruenomore
10-10-2011, 11:53 PM
People make mistakes. Hopefully he gets his life in order, he was a talented athlete, but there is more to life than sports.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2011, 12:11 AM
See you later.
Hopefully the program uses that freed up scholarship for a student athlete that can help advance the team's mission and follow the basic rules of society. (admittedly echoing Mr. Bergundy)

How about we find another Chad Willson? kthxbai

CaBisonFan
10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Why did he play this fall ?

JMB
10-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Hey I will play along as this is an interesting question. To me it boils down to this, unless he was starving (which I doubt he is), if he doesn't have a problem with stealing, his moral compass is a bit off and he will probably get in trouble for some reason down the road. Even if you feel like you are being taken advantage of by the system, making the leap to acting out against an innocent party indicates, at the very least, a very immature thought process.

JMB
10-11-2011, 12:25 AM

This is a very legitimate question... I would be interested the timeline on how this developed.

Bison"FANatic"
10-11-2011, 12:51 AM
One plus one is not equaling two with this. There must be more to the story. I wonder if the article info was strike one and strike two got him removed from the team. Either way time to find someone to fill the scholarship that will appreciate it and not waste it. The thing I don't get is in five years he is going to wish he had a education to take him along in life and it sure would have been great to have been free. Maybe a DII will pick him up and he can figure it out and get a education.

ISXBISON
10-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Perfect, another scholarship is freed up to recruit with.

Agreed and agreed

A1pigskin
10-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Hopefully he will learn from this and straighten out his issues.

KTF
10-11-2011, 02:10 AM
How does it take almost 7 months for action to be taken? One would think that the legal action would be quicker. Wouldn't Bohl have known about this a long time ago?

imabison
10-11-2011, 02:32 AM
How does it take almost 7 months for action to be taken? One would think that the legal action would be quicker. Wouldn't Bohl have known about this a long time ago?

The time line is probably very accurate. Per the article Crime Jan 26 pleads guilty Feb 3, does not do his court ordered penalty and an arrest warrant is ordered in May. Could mean he was ordered to do
some type of community service in the next 3 months that puts it in May.

Not a serious criminal, some type of warrant that they wait to catch up with them, or he gets a traffic stop and busted. Another player had a similar warrant about 2 or 3 years ago, got a traffic stop and his
number came up. The big question is why wouldn't Bohl know he did not do his time etc. There are some questions.
I know less about this than some other people on this board I am sure, I am only reading it in the paper. Did think something was up because I got in the car on Saturday and Gene was asked about something
that he chose not to comment on. Again just a guess.

Just have to ask Why and move on...

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
It is frustrating to see this still happening with the team. Why were we not on top of the requirements of this sentence. And what the hell kind of kid is this to not follow through. We are missing nothing by sending this kid packing. I am all for second chances and it is great to see a kid make good on a second chance.....we have all seen it. But, we don't need people that pull this crap. This is not what I want representing the school from which I have two degrees. Good bye and good riddence.

tjbison
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
sends a message, keep the bad seeds out

Montana Bison
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
They are being paid... They get scholorships and don't come out of school with a $40,000 debt.

Bison bison
10-11-2011, 04:11 PM
coulda been a contender...

Bison06
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
They are being paid... They get scholorships and don't come out of school with a $40,000 debt.

I hear this quite a bit and I think it is a good point, but doesn't tell the whole story.

2 points.

1. Not all of the players are on a full scholarship so some still do have debt coming out of college.

2. At the highest levels of college football, the amount of money that is made in football significant. I think players are correct in thinking that they are a product that deserves consideration in some of those dollars.

Edited for 3rd point.

If you figure out the amount of hours put in by these players, it works out to less than minimum wage.

TransAmBison
10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I hear this quite a bit and I think it is a good point, but doesn't tell the whole story.

2 points.

1. Not all of the players are on a full scholarship so some still do have debt coming out of college.

2. At the highest levels of college football, the amount of money that is made in football significant. I think players are correct in thinking that they are a product that deserves consideration in some of those dollars.

Edited for 3rd point.

If you figure out the amount of hours put in by these players, it works out to less than minimum wage.Yeah, considering the crazy amount of poon guys get working at the RDC.

ndsubison1
10-11-2011, 11:08 PM

2 points.

Edited for 3rd point.

If you figure out the amount of hours put in by these players, it works out to less than minimum wage.

we're always gonna have this problem if they dont do anything about it. im in the crowd for paying college football and bball players. or maybe not just paying them a salary, but letting them receive extra benefits and endorsement deals. youre telling me a player like andrew luck cant make anything for his market value? that's b.s. everything would be better off if the ncaa loosened up a bit and cut back on some of the rules and regulations

NDSUstudent
10-11-2011, 11:24 PM
They are amateur athletes, if they want money go pro. These student athletes have access to in many cases a world class education and receive coaching and training from the elite of their respective sports. The value of what they are getting is well over minimum wage.

344Johnson
10-11-2011, 11:56 PM
If they want to get paid then quit football and get a job. A lot of them have no idea that there are a ton of guys on this board who wish they would have had the opportunity to play for the Bison. And I bet a lot of guys on here would have been just fine with being a walk-on. Everything in life has drawbacks, including being a college athlete.

IzzyFlexion
10-12-2011, 12:07 AM

2 points.

Edited for 3rd point.

4th point. (and most relevant to the purpose of this thread)
I didn't have a scholarship while attending NDSU. Had a shitload of loans that I paid back. And I didn't feel compelled to steal in order to survive.

SamsRams
10-12-2011, 12:33 AM
They are amateur athletes, if they want money go pro. These student athletes have access to in many cases a world class education and receive coaching and training from the elite of their respective sports. The value of what they are getting is well over minimum wage.

Great point, except they are not allowed to go play in the NFL until they are 2 years removed from HS. I look forward to the day when the big schools realize there is no benefit to being in the NCAA. Take the football programs and leave the most corrupt system in all the world!

NDSUstudent
10-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Great point, except they are not allowed to go play in the NFL until they are 2 years removed from HS. I look forward to the day when the big schools realize there is no benefit to being in the NCAA. Take the football programs and leave the most corrupt system in all the world!

Well there is always Canada....

WYOBISONMAN
10-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah, considering the crazy amount of poon guys get working at the RDC.

Dammit Tranny.......I met my wife at RDC! Behave!

TransAmBison
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Dammit Tranny.......I met my wife at RDC! Behave!Were you working there?

344Johnson
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Were you working there?

Don't ask questions you already know the answer to.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
If they want to get paid then quit football and get a job. A lot of them have no idea that there are a ton of guys on this board who wish they would have had the opportunity to play for the Bison. And I bet a lot of guys on here would have been just fine with being a walk-on. Everything in life has drawbacks, including being a college athlete.

Every job in America is paid in a manner consistent with how much value society puts on those services or products. I'll use Andrew Luck as an example because his name has been mentioned already. You could put an actual dollar amount on what he personally brings in to Stanford's athletic department. They use him in advertising, they sell tickets because of him etc. At that level of college football, I think players should be entitled to some of that money.

Yes he has a lot of God-given talent, but he has worked hard to get to where he is in life and stepping out on the field every day in practice and in the games puts him at risk to never be rewarded for his value he brings to the market. He should be compensated in some way for this risk IMO.

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
He is getting rewarded, he is getting a free education. You are undervaluing what a education can do for a person even with great talent. The vast majority of every team even at that level will never play a down of professional football and the free education is going to get them a heck of a lot farther in life. If you are going to pay the athlete then why should I donate to teammakers they can use there pay to cover college expenses.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 02:47 PM
He is getting rewarded, he is getting a free education. You are undervaluing what a education can do for a person even with great talent. The vast majority of every team even at that level will never play a down of professional football and the free education is going to get them a heck of a lot farther in life. If you are going to pay the athlete then why should I donate to teammakers they can use there pay to cover college expenses.

I'm not undervaluing an education, you are undervaluing what a player like Andrew Luck is worth to a University. A run at a national championship, bowl appearances, a Heisman campaign. He is worth millions if not tens of millions conservatively to the University and your saying he isn't entitled to a few hundred bucks a month extra?

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm not undervaluing an education, you are undervaluing what a player like Andrew Luck is worth to a University. A run at a national championship, bowl appearances, a Heisman campaign. He is worth millions if not tens of millions conservatively to the University and your saying he isn't entitled to a few hundred bucks a month extra?

If players get what people are arguing for its not going to be a few hundred bucks. Its gonna be hundreds of thousands a year. They already get refund checks of a couple hundred a month.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
If players get what people are arguing for its not going to be a few hundred bucks. Its gonna be hundreds of thousands a year. They already get refund checks of a couple hundred a month.

Refund checks? The proposals I have seen from the Big Ten paying their players is a few extra hundred a month, for sure less than a thousand. I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
If they want to get paid then go pro. If the ban on being out of high school for two years was lifted very few players would be able to make the jump from high school ball to the pros. They wouldn't make it past training camp. They need the 2 years of FREE coaching and Learning the game and growing up before the vast majority are able to function in the NFL and this is just the small portion that can even make it to the NFL. You see some players leaving for the draft early but there is not a mass exodus as soon as they are eligible to be drafted. Every single college player can make the decision to declare for the draft and go and get paid. They just have to give up a free education, free coaching and a degree that they will have the rest of there lives. Once you start paying players a whole lot of other problems are going to come about.

southcliffbison
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Everything starts small ; a few hundred a month in the beginning, within 5 years, will become literally thousands. Will this scenario filter down to FCS football? Who knows!
Imagine Coach Bohl meeting with a player and his family in Minn/St. Paul and telling a recruit, "Ah, young man, we can only offer you a free education and $200 a month." The prospect relies, " Er, well, ah, sorry Coach, but Malfunction State is offering 500 hundred a month. Can't you do better?" Let's all hope paying collegiate players NEVER occurs.

steelbison
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
we're always gonna have this problem if they dont do anything about it. im in the crowd for paying college football and bball players. or maybe not just paying them a salary, but letting them receive extra benefits and endorsement deals. youre telling me a player like andrew luck cant make anything for his market value? that's b.s. everything would be better off if the ncaa loosened up a bit and cut back on some of the rules and regulations

You think the system is corrupt now, try paying players and see how ugly that would get.

Your example above, Nike, with the ties to the Ducks, they could promise the best players NIke endorsements, commercials the works...How in the hell would that be fair?

You introduce anything other than a monthly stipend and your going to have the have's and the have nots.

With that system in place there would be no Boise State....is that what you really want?

A monthly stipend that is the same no matter WHAT university you go to is the only way to make it work. It would also have to be for EVERY athlete..not specific sports.

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM

Yep that is what I am saying. He is not ENTITLED to a few hundred bucks a month extra. He is getting a free education and coaching and game experience and the chance to prove himself to professional teams.

CAS4127
10-12-2011, 03:28 PM
How come I never shoplifted??!!! I wasn't getting paid either--just sayin' . . . . . . in a rhetorical sort of way.??????????????????????????

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
How come I never shoplifted??!!! I wasn't getting paid either--just sayin' . . . . . . in a rhetorical sort of way.??????????????????????????

Hey quiet down we are talking about paying GOOD players. :):):rofl::rofl:

CAS4127
10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey quiet down we are talking about playing GOOD players. :):):rofl::rofl:

Oh, I thought you were talking about "paying" GOOD players . . . . . sorry!! So, I agree, PLAY good players!!!! You win more games that way!!1:biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Dang I can't even get a dig in right today.:facepalm2::facepalm2: Brain to fingers pathway must not be working.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep that is what I am saying. He is not ENTITLED to a few hundred bucks a month extra. He is getting a free education and coaching and game experience and the chance to prove himself to professional teams.

He isn't entitled to it only because that's the rule the NCAA has put in place.

Let's not be naive here. Everything I'm talking about already happens at the big schools and many smaller schools. By putting a rule in place that says players can be paid a small amount I think it can be more easily regulated, because the universities and athletic departments would be privy to a student-athletes finances and be able to monitor much easier.

It's just like the argument many use for legalizing marajuana. If you make something legal you take away the black market for it and it becomes easier to regulate(that is the argument, not my position on marajuana. I don't want to start that discussion here)

Bison06
10-12-2011, 03:43 PM

I never shoplifted either, and I wasn't getting paid. I believe the discussion has drifted slightly to if players deserve to get paid vs. if it will do away with some of the crime.

Rip me if you want, but I sincerely believe that if they paid the players a small amount, it would do away with a lot of the trouble teams are currently having with innappropriate benefits being given.

WYOBISONMAN
10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I do get tired of people that say the players are "paid" because they get a scholarship. Many of the guys that I know that gave their all for the Bison have done so and paid a physical price for it. I have heard discussion regarding chronic pain, etc; when the guys get older they may well have joint issues and other arthritic manifestations from 5 years of smashmouth college ball.

Those Bison that gave it all for NDSU (like Charlie) have my utmost respect. They gave more that they received in scholie money. They represented our school with honor and have enhanced the value of my degrees.

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
A monthly stipend that is the same no matter WHAT university you go to is the only way to make it work. It would also have to be for EVERY athlete..not specific sports.

I thought it was going to have to do with total cost of attendance figures? The stipends would not be the same at every university, infact they would be different at every university.

If you go to Northwestern or USC you would get alot more than going to Boise State. Cost of living would generate into more spending money. The idea has positives no doubt.

It really seems like a gateway rule though... As soon as you allow this true BCS schools will lobby for more and more. I really don't see "star" players making less than 500k a year... Girls would never make any money in a system like this... and college athletics would become even more top heavy than they already are....

344Johnson
10-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I never shoplifted either, and I wasn't getting paid. I believe the discussion has drifted slightly to if players deserve to get paid vs. if it will do away with some of the crime.

Rip me if you want, but I sincerely believe that if they paid the players a small amount, it would do away with a lot of the trouble teams are currently having with innappropriate benefits being given.

That is a definite possibility, in fact, a big part of me thinks you are right. But it goes against what being a student athlete is. They are students who get their education(or big part of) paid for. They made the choice to play (insert sport here) for an institution and in return get some good benefits. It is unfair if you are going to pay just the football/basketball team, so then you get suckered into paying all the sports. Say you are just giving $200/month to every athlete at NDSU, I'm not sure how many athletes we have at NDSU but something tells me it would be a serious financial drain and could potentially take a lot of schools out of athletics altogether. I mean, not to pick on UNI, but isn't their school in enough sh*t already that paying athletes would seriously compromise their very talented team and a proud football program?

I'm thinking NDSU would hang in there just fine, but it'd be a damn shame if some less-than-fortunate schools simply couldn't afford to pay monthly "stipends."

tony
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I thought it was going to have to do with total cost of attendance figures? The stipends would not be the same at every university, infact they would be different at every university.

If you go to Northwestern or USC you would get alot more than going to Boise State. Cost of living would generate into more spending money.

Let's not kid ourselves though:

1. Athletic departments might generate revenue but almost none generate profits, so stipends will simply increase the amount of money athletic departments lose and have to raise from charity.
2. It's not going to stop people from stealing. When I hear a politician say that they had to raise their own wage because otherwise other politicians will be forced into graft, I know the guy is a crook at heart. Plus, like I said before, I think paying college students to play will actually increase the sense of entitlement in those predisposed to steal.
3. If you aren't getting paid enough doing something, then why not do what people in a market-based economy are supposed to do and take your skills elsewhere? Good luck finding a job in which your net pay is going to pay tuition, books, room, and board. FICA, Medicare, state income tax, federal income tax, plus work-related expense (like transportation) and you'd have to find a job that pays at least 25000/year to pay for the $15000/year or so that it costs to go to a school like NDSU.

I'm not saying that student-athletes don't make tremendous sacrifices but, if they are in it for the money, they shouldn't be doing it because they are MILLIONS of better ways to make money.

steelbison
10-12-2011, 04:42 PM

If you go to Northwestern or USC you would get alot more than going to Boise State. Cost of living would generate into more spending money. The idea has positives no doubt.

It really seems like a gateway rule though... As soon as you allow this true BCS schools will lobby for more and more. I really don't see "star" players making less than 500k a year... Girls would never make any money in a system like this... and college athletics would become even more top heavy than they already are....

Couldn't disagree more, I am against paying athletes anything. But if you don't pay them the same some schools would have a MAJOR advantage in recruiting. Like I said if you thought it was corrupt now wait til a system like you described is put into place.

I wouldn't even watch it anymore. it would become a joke...

southcliffbison
10-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Everyone remembers those two Oklahoma players , Bomar and Quinn, that got in trouble for making (can't remember the amounts, but whatever, lets say $10000 a month working for a car dealership in Norman for doing what ,...... nothing? Basically, all those two had to do was show up, be seen, to be paid their salary, and that's it! I suppose the owner can pay his employees whatever he wants, especially summer temporary help. The problem the NCAA had was they DIDN'T show up and be seen, and still collected their salaries. I would be willing to bet a dollar to a biscuit that had they shown up for work , religiously, the NCAA would not have done a damn thing and probably wouldn't have cared. How many places is this going on? So, in reality, players, some anyway, are being paid good money; and for what reason? because they are good football players.

ndsubison1
10-12-2011, 06:17 PM
You think the system is corrupt now, try paying players and see how ugly that would get.

Your example above, Nike, with the ties to the Ducks, they could promise the best players NIke endorsements, commercials the works...How in the hell would that be fair?

You introduce anything other than a monthly stipend and your going to have the have's and the have nots.

With that system in place there would be no Boise State....is that what you really want?

if you dont think stuff similar to this is already happening then you are naive

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Couldn't disagree more, I am against paying athletes anything. But if you don't pay them the same some schools would have a MAJOR advantage in recruiting. Like I said if you thought it was corrupt now wait til a system like you described is put into place.

I wouldn't even watch it anymore. it would become a joke...

I dont understand what you are disagreeing with. You seem to be echoing the same thing I just said. :facepalm:

And the first part isn't really something you can disagree with me on... I was stating what I understood is how the "rule change" was proposed.

mebisonII
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Regardless of whether or not players deserve a bigger portion of the NCAA pie, I don't believe for a second that allowing pay would eliminate (or even significantly reduce) instances of theft and/or corruption. I don't think that contentment is all that closely correlated with the amount you have.

i.e. there are plenty of rich people out there stealing, too (maybe I can merge this into the Occupy Wall Street thread... :pan:)

Answer Guy
10-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Dammit Tranny.......I met my wife at RDC! Behave!

Not sure what the RDC is. I met your wife at the Northern.

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Resident dining center. Its the one all the crap freshman eat at. The cool kids have lunch at the WDC for pizza and eat primarly in the union. :p

4mcruenomore
10-12-2011, 07:35 PM

I thought your usual hangout was the I-Beam?

bisonwest
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Players are being paid. It's called a scholarship.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Players are being paid. It's called a scholarship.

I completely understand that argument, but I still disagree. I was more than thrilled to accept a scholarship and feel I was compensated well for my time. I experienced cross country travel, played in some amazing games, built friendships and relationships that have and will continue to be some of the best in my life. You cannot put a dollar amount on the experience of being a college football player, it is priceless to me.

I am talking about college football at it's highest levels. IMO the 4 power conferences should be considered a higher level than the rest and I think we will see that happen in the next 15-20 years. These are the players that should be paid. Not NDSU players. They make millions for thier schools and are used as advertising for the University to get more students.

ndsubison1
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
you wouldnt have to pay every single athlete. football and bball is where the money is at. it's called capitalism. $10.8 billion between the NCAA and CBS/Turner Sports and $500 million between ESPN and the BCS. the athletes make all of this possible. they deserve a stipend of that money imo

56BISON73
10-12-2011, 09:38 PM

People steal for varied reasons. IMO paying the players wont make a difference. Those who steal usually can afford what they are taking.

NDSUstudent
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
you wouldnt have to pay every single athlete. football and bball is where the money is at.

That pretty much goes against everything Title IX stands for.

Bison06
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
That pretty much goes against everything Title IX stands for.

Get rid of that while we're at it. :)

SamsRams
10-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Hudson to UND??? Saw this on Facebook

Wes Hudson
Got it poppin in UND! I'll be back Fasho

Answer Guy
10-13-2011, 01:45 AM
I thought your usual hangout was the I-Beam?

Twenty-six was nice enough to explain the what the RDC is. Maybe you could fill us in on the I-Beam.

devin45k
10-13-2011, 02:45 AM
They get all this frickin tuition money taken off. My life would be a whole lot better, if I didnt have to pay all these student loans back.

Dumbest argument ever!

344Johnson
10-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Wes_BPMG Wes Hudson
Man Bisonville going ham bout me. Too bad it's false. Don't worry ima bounce back #nodaysoff

So players(ex players) do check out Bisonville?

ndsubison1
10-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Wes_BPMG Wes Hudson
Man Bisonville going ham bout me. Too bad it's false. Don't worry ima bounce back #nodaysoff

current players and even coaches do too

ndsubison1
10-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Hudson to UND??? Saw this on Facebook

Wes Hudson
Got it poppin in UND! I'll be back Fasho

his twitter said he went up there last weekend to watch somebody. doesnt necessarily mean hes transferring there

DjKyRo
10-13-2011, 03:46 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

devin45k
10-13-2011, 03:47 AM
his twitter said he went up there last weekend to watch somebody. doesnt necessarily mean hes transferring there

He also made fun of the size of their crowd.

WYOBISONMAN
10-13-2011, 03:49 AM

Dammit........I knew that dancer looked familiar....... ;)

Twentysix
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Is there a chance he would be reinstated onto the team? Or is he completely done? I seem to remember people being indefinitly suspended and making a comeback.

I do not mean this year.

KTF
10-13-2011, 03:03 PM
current players and even coaches do too Makes me wonder how much they sit back, laughing their arses off over some of the spewage that goes on around here...

jarhead
10-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Absent the facts, rumors will fly. Sad but true of every board.

aces1180
10-13-2011, 03:18 PM
current players and even coaches do too

I do know for a fact that BV is BLOCKED on all athletic department computers. Obviously, that is not the case with personal computers and devices.

Twentysix
10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I do know for a fact that BV is BLOCKED on all athletic department computers. Obviously, that is not the case with personal computers and devices.

Its practically porn.

SDbison
10-13-2011, 03:36 PM
What? Vigen can't take the criticism?

SDbison
10-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Its practically porn. They probably don't block that............

KTF
10-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Is there a chance he would be reinstated onto the team? Or is he completely done? I seem to remember people being indefinitly suspended and making a comeback.

I do not mean this year.

Nothing againist Wes or any other player that has been asked to leave but I don't think it would be in the best interest of the program for anybody to come back that has been asked to leave. The program is starting to gain momentum from the 2008-2009 blow up with the DWI's, drug possessions, MIP... That last thing NDSU needs is a problem in the locker room that slows down the momentum.

Twentysix
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Nothing againist Wes or any other player that has been asked to leave but I don't think it would be in the best interest of the program for anybody to come back that has been asked to leave. The program is starting to gain momentum from the 2008-2009 blow up with the DWI's, drug possessions, MIP... That last thing NDSU needs is a problem in the locker room that slows down the momentum.

Didn't felt steal? He is still on the basketball team....2c

KTF
10-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Didn't felt steal? He is still on the basketball team....2c Not sure as I am one of those guys that really only follows the football program and an occassional basketball score. Don't hate me too much... :-)

SDbison
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Didn't felt steal? He is still on the basketball team....2c Felt is owning up to his crime and doing whatever the court ordered. Wes avoided his punishment. Big difference.
So can this thread be locked. No new info here. Wes is gone from NDSU football. Too bad. Hope he figures out what he did wrong and turns things around for the rest of his life.

MAKBison
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
One plus one is not equaling two with this. There must be more to the story. I wonder if the article info was strike one and strike two got him removed from the team. Either way time to find someone to fill the scholarship that will appreciate it and not waste it. The thing I don't get is in five years he is going to wish he had a education to take him along in life and it sure would have been great to have been free. Maybe a DII will pick him up and he can figure it out and get a education.

I think strike one was the theft and strike two was not following the conditions of the legal consequences.

JSUBison
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Wes_BPMG Wes Hudson

There's more than a few former players here that signed up and post on Bisonville.

Most are former football players, but I do remember one former baseball player that used to post as well.

CAS4127
10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
There's more than a few former players here that signed up and post on Bisonville.

Most are former football players, but I do remember one former baseball player that used to post as well.

Assuming you are talking about Lakes, I had to fix it for you!!:biggrin:

MAKBison
10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Do/can players get a stipend and a scolarship? I received a monthly stipend and waived tuition. Thus, I would say that I was paid to go to school. I guess I did have to pay for boarding, books and meals, but the stipend essentially paid for all of that plus. DO/CAN athletes receive both? Somone can move this post if they want, but it was here where the issue came up; thus, I posted here.

BTW I was not in any sports. It was all academically related

344Johnson
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Assuming you are talking about Lakes, I had to fix it for you!!:biggrin:

Lakes was a real Bison at one time?

CAS4127
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Lakes was a real Bison at one time?

I can only assume your are beingfacetious or sarcastic. If one or the other is the case, use the correct font color young'un!!!:biggrin:

Twentysix
10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Whether you like him or not lakes is a bison. Thats not really debatable.

I would second SD's motion to lock the thread.

Grizzled
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM

I do not mean this year.

If you have the talent, the coaches will invite you back (i.e. Sam Ojuri).

The coaches took a chance on Wes as he was in trouble before he got to Fargo. It didn't work out, so they were left with little choice. I agree with SD, I think him not owning up to his actions shows the character he had. Not to say he's not a good person or talented player, but he needs to grow up and become a man and learn from this.

devin45k
10-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Whether you like him or not lakes is a bison. Thats not really debatable.

I would second SD's motion to lock the thread.

Lakes also has an opinion and isnt a PC puss like some on here.

56BISON73
10-14-2011, 05:41 AM

That would be Mongo?

56BISON73
10-14-2011, 05:43 AM
whether you like him or not lakes is a bison fan. Thats not really debatable.

I would second sd's motion to lock the thread.

fify!!!!!!

NDSUstudent
10-14-2011, 05:54 AM
That would be Mongo?

I think it was Neil Wagner, who pitched for the Oakland Athletics a bit this year. His username is jeffdaryl3rd.

56BISON73
10-14-2011, 05:58 AM
I think it was Neil Wagner, who pitched for the Oakland Athletics a bit this year. His username is jeffdaryl3rd.

Yep you got it.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe we should make this a sticky thread.

Gully
10-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Unsubscribe

godhateswalmart
11-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Wes Hudson is heading to Mt san jacinto college (juco) next semester, the same place Dejuan Flowers from the basketball team went. he'll play next year in football as a soph I beleive.

CaBisonFan
11-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Wes Hudson is heading to Mt san jacinto college (juco) next semester, the same place Dejuan Flowers from the basketball team went. he'll play next year in football as a soph I beleive.

10 minutes from my house. Great juco program in football & basketball. Diddya know that you don't need a high school degree at the juco schools in CA to be able to play sports? Also...some of the juco programs are stacked with more talent than many 4-year schools in the country.

56BISON73
11-15-2011, 10:15 PM
10 minutes from my house. Great juco program in football & basketball. Diddya know that you don't need a high school degree at the juco schools in CA to be able to play sports? Also...some of the juco programs are stacked with more talent than many 4-year schools in the country.

They just cant read the play book. Thats why they went juco.

unbison
11-15-2011, 10:18 PM
They just cant read the play book. Thats why they went juco.
Not sure how you came up with this unbelievable theory ..... Chad Wilson went to juco seems to read the play book well

56BISON73
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Not sure how you came up with this unbelievable theory ..... Chad Wilson went to juco seems to read the play book well

He does now. :rofl::)

Guess I should have used the smiley emocon after my statement so you would know I was being facetious. To a certain degree that is. Many athletes HAVE to go the juco route because of they dont have the grades for acceptance.

unbison
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Really even a 12 year old sports fan knows this however by making fun of intelligence at jr colleges you are also insulting some successful people I know a CFO in town that started at a community college so your broad generalizations bring nothing to the table and are not worth saying

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Really even a 12 year old sports fan knows this however by making fun of intelligence at jr colleges you are also insulting some successful people I know a CFO in town that started at a community college so your broad generalizations bring nothing to the table and are not worth saying

..well said..

I needed a reminder of this. A vast majority of CA kids head for a juco to save money. The curriculum at most of the jucos lines up very well with the big boys.

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 01:39 AM

So what??? I know some CFOs who started out at big name colleges and cant walk across the street by themselves. Plus the CFO who you know---knows why he went the juco route. How do you do he would be insulted? He might be proud of the fact that he had to go the juco route because of poors grades but still became successful.
But back to the point at hand. There are basically 2 reasons for athletes going the juco route. 1 they need the time to find out IF they have the game to play big time. Most need to work on academics.

So what you are saying is---since its common knowledge of why athletes go the juco route you dont think it should be talked about. We will again agree to disagree on what should be said and shouldnt.

unbison
11-16-2011, 01:47 AM
You make it your place to tell others what should be said ie lakes why is it when someone says you may have crossed a line and maybe you could not insult a group of people you feel you are above it? You judge others but feel above judgement

Judge ye not lest ye ready to be judged

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 02:06 AM
You make it your place to tell others what should be said ie lakes why is it when someone says you may have crossed a line and maybe you could not insult a group of people you feel you are above it? You judge others but feel above judgement

Judge ye not lest ye ready to be judged

Depending on who is doing the judging and the catalyst for the judgement will depend greatly on whether I feel that judgement carries any credence or not. Thats your opinion and you are very welcome to it .

unbison
11-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Perfect!!!

SlickVic
11-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Unbison preaching the gospel the only one who could ever reach me was the son of a preacher man lol can I get a witness

Fightin' Bison
11-16-2011, 02:37 AM
..well said..

I needed a reminder of this. A vast majority of CA kids head for a juco to save money. The curriculum at most of the jucos lines up very well with the big boys.

Put that under the heading "stuff someone made up to post on Bisonville." CA juco's offer remedial education so that the students who go there "to save money" can catch up with the academic requirements of a 4 year institution. "W. Norton Grubb analyzed instruction in remedial classes in California community colleges in a new Policy Analysis for California Education study. Grubb estimates that 60 percent of community college students — perhaps 80 percent in California — start in remedial classes." (http://communitycollegespotlight.org/content/five-myths-of-remedial-ed_5667/). And there aren't any full scholarship athletes who go to CA jucos to save money.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Put that under the heading "stuff someone made up to post on Bisonville." CA juco's offer remedial education so that the students who go there "to save money" can catch up with the academic requirements of a 4 year institution. "W. Norton Grubb analyzed instruction in remedial classes in California community colleges in a new Policy Analysis for California Education study. Grubb estimates that 60 percent of community college students — perhaps 80 percent in California — start in remedial classes." (http://communitycollegespotlight.org/content/five-myths-of-remedial-ed_5667/). And there aren't any full scholarship athletes who go to CA jucos to save money.

There are somewhere in the vacinity of 45-50 UC & Cal State universities here. They're full of outstanding students...as are the high schools. I don't know the percentages...but having taught at a high school here for 4 years, I know that the juco option is serious stuff financially for a ton of awfully bright kids.

I have no idea how athletes use the jucos. I just know that it's something like a minor league entity for the universities.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 04:01 AM

Judge ye not lest ye ready to be judgedYou've judged me...

Hey pot, I've got a kettle I'd like you to meet. :D

BlueBisonRock
11-16-2011, 04:29 AM
You've judged me...

Hey pot, I've got a kettle I'd like you to meet. :D

TAB, you know its after 11 and you are supposed to be off of BV and in bed sleeping by now! Get to it!

Just a little advice for a novice....

unbison
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
now the sacred horny bison crew all gathers round this is great easy hunting :)

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
now the sacred horny bison crew all gathers round this is great easy hunting :)Poor unbison. Poor, poor unbison.

unbison
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry tab I think you misunderstood I am not saying I am being picked on rather it is easier to hunt a large group that
Brings the weak sauce

I am sure sausage jokes and more tab humor to come

Bison"FANatic"
11-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Please respond to fighting bisons post Unbison.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry tab I think you misunderstood I am not saying I am being picked on rather it is easier to hunt a large group that
Brings the weak sauce

I am sure sausage jokes and more tab humor to comeNo, I completely understand. I'm saying poor unbison because since you decided to have a chip on your shoulder you have become worthless as a poster. You used to bring insightful humor to the board...sometimes common sense when people had irrational views. Now you don't do much more than look for a fight or just make a-hole comments. Talk about weak sauce...you haven't "brought it" for months.

unbison
11-16-2011, 12:59 PM
I dont believe that fighting bisons post was directed at me ..... I have not said that jucos are the harvards of now I have said to insinuate that people that attend jucos are unable to read is wrong..... I am saying that many successful people have
Attended jucos

And to tab maybe you feel I have changed I don't believe I have maybe you feel this because I have directed some of what you thought made me a good poster in the past In Your direction in the last few months

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I dont believe that fighting bisons post was directed at me ..... I have not said that jucos are the harvards of now I have said to insinuate that people that attend jucos are unable to read is wrong..... I am saying that many successful people have
Attended jucos

And to tab maybe you feel I have changed I don't believe I have maybe you feel this because I have directed some of what you thought made me a good poster in the past In Your direction in the last few monthsNo, you've brought a lot of crap lately...as in your bowl posts last weekend. Besides that you've got your attacks on PL. Like I said, you don't bring much to the table anymore. As for your attacks on me, it's no big deal. Not everybody is going to like what I do and I can live with that. So you don't like my scammer stuff, but now you are implying I am not funny...that just shows you are being petty...cause I'm the funniest guy this side of bisonmike. If not for Notorious I'd be BV poster of the year this year.

unbison
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
No, you've brought a lot of crap lately...as in your bowl posts last weekend. Besides that you've got your attacks on PL. Like I said, you don't bring much to the table anymore. As for your attacks on me, it's no big deal. Not everybody is going to like what I do and I can live with that. So you don't like my scammer stuff, but now you are implying I am not funny...that just shows you are being petty...cause I'm the funniest guy this side of bisonmike. If not for Notorious I'd be BV poster of the year this year.
Lol I hope your joking a little bit in there cause that was almost a lakes like statement

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Lol I hope your joking a little bit in there cause that was almost a lakes like statementI channel Lakes on occasion. :D

unbison
11-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I channel Lakes on occasion. :DWhat bowl do we play in again osbII ford festiva in ocalalla fl sorry you find no humor in this can't be funny to everyone all the time

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
What bowl do we play in again osbII ford festiva in ocalalla fl sorry you find no humor in this can't be funny to everyone all the timeGood luck with that.

Fightin' Bison
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM

To clarify: This is not to imply that CA juco students are "stupid". However, 60% - 80% require remedial studies because they were not adequately prepared in high school. There are a lot of reasons that may be the cause of that, stupidity is only one of them. Resources at their high school, family struggles, personal struggles, immaturity, etc. Many bright, but poorly prepared, kids are at juco's and they find their groove and go on to excel at elite 4 year institutions. But, don't ignore the truth that most of them need remediation to start.