PDA

View Full Version : Big Crowd for Missouri State?

BigBison
10-10-2011, 02:09 AM
How are tickets for this game going? And how big of crowd? 18,456 is my guess.

roadwarrior
10-10-2011, 02:20 AM
509 reserved tickets remaining.

FYI: only 61 reserved tickets left for the UNI game.

Hammersmith
10-10-2011, 02:30 AM
How are tickets for this game going? And how big of crowd? 18,456 is my guess.
31 tickets available outside the corners(mostly singles). 509 reserved tickets left including the corners(half of those in the visitor's section). I'm thinking mid 18k is correct.

edit: way too slow

BigBison
10-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Hopefully students show up, and UNI should be huge!!!

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm going to say 17,400 with a ton of no shows. This time of year is tough plus there is a Force game at 7 that night and many casual fans, casual season ticket holders, and businesses with tickets also have force tickets. I casually heard a guy wearing a Bison shirt at the bar say he's going.

Here's a test of everyone who says winning cures all. 5-0 is as good as it gets, with a Gopher win.

NDSUstudent
10-10-2011, 03:38 AM
The Force? Is that post some kind of joke? If anyone goes to a meaningless Force game over a Bison home game...they either aren't a fan or their kid plays on the team.

This game is at night, students aren't on break, hunting season isn't really going strong yet and lakes season is over. Crowd should be solid, the dome will be the place to be on Saturday.

56BISON73
10-10-2011, 03:42 AM
I'm going to say 17,400 with a ton of no shows. This time of year is tough plus there is a Force game at 7 that night and many casual fans, casual season ticket holders, and businesses with tickets also have force tickets. I casually heard a guy wearing a Bison shirt at the bar say he's going.

Here's a test of everyone who says winning cures all. 5-0 is as good as it gets, with a Gopher win.

17-4 is the best you can do? You better get your pom poms out and get to work.:biggrin:

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 04:02 AM
17-4 is the best you can do? You better get your pom poms out and get to work.:biggrin:

I dunno.
2008 - Oct 11 + western Illinois - 3-2 with a loss to Wyoming and it was 17,043. Interest was still high as we had record season tickets and just beat the Mustache.

2006 - Oct 14 + mvsu homecoming gophers next week. Undefeated. .

I still don't get the sense were much more of a draw since these games.

Students will make or break the attendance. I hope we don't get complacent getting the students out. This game will be on TV and look bad ass in HD.

NDSUstudent
10-10-2011, 04:22 AM
The team is 5-0, our last game sold out and over 1k students that wanted tickets didn't get them and there are only 500 reserved tickets left. 18k plus.

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 04:27 AM
The Force? Is that post some kind of joke? If anyone goes to a meaningless Force game over a Bison home game...they either aren't a fan or their kid plays on the team.

This game is at night, students aren't on break, hunting season isn't really going strong yet and lakes season is over. Crowd should be solid, the dome will be the place to be on Saturday.

Tell that to the dumb ass at the bar who was doing just that and trying to convince others to join him. Not all fans are as big as us. Lots of fair weather or book readers who prefer the force.

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 04:29 AM
The team is 5-0, our last game sold out and over 1k students that wanted tickets didn't get them and there are only 500 reserved tickets left. 18k plus.

In theory it should be a huge crowd but never underestimate fair weather or book reading fans.

NDSUstudent
10-10-2011, 04:32 AM
Tell that to the dumb ass at the bar who was doing just that and trying to convince others to join him. Not all fans are as big as us. Lots of fair weather or book readers who prefer the force.

I don't need to tell him, he'll get the message when he arrives at the UP Center and wonders where everyone is at. You don't go up against Bison football in this town...it just isn't a formula for success.

NDSUstudent
10-10-2011, 04:38 AM
In theory it should be a huge crowd but never underestimate fair weather or book reading fans.

They are bandwagon, like most sports fans in this region are but this team is 5-0 and the place to be is at the Bison game on Saturday. I have no worry about them showing up, hopefully they just make some noise.

BigBison
10-10-2011, 04:43 AM
How is Midco Sports network TV production? How are the play by play announcers? Is it in HD?

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 04:46 AM
They are bandwagon, like most sports fans in this region are but this team is 5-0 and the place to be is at the Bison game on Saturday. I have no worry about them showing up, hopefully they just make some noise.

I hope your right. I also hope marketing doesn't assume it will be a huge student turnout. We need to keep the energy and excitement level high so we can have huge turnouts late in the year. It kills me to have a game on TV that potential recruits may be watching or attending with a mediocre turnout.

Hey, we could be UND and draw 6200 , not counting no shows.

tjbison
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Media will do all it can to push the point MSU is 0-6 so people will just say oh they will win......

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
How is Midco Sports network TV production? How are the play by play announcers? Is it in HD?

I have yet to see ANY Midco productions in HD. Gabe, do you have solid information to back up it will be in HD? I seriously doubt it, myslef. Yes, they have an HD channel, but I have never seen them actually put an HD broadcast on there that they produced.

Twentysix
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM

That was homecoming those rules do not apply to any other game. My student ticket has been reserved for 4 minutes now.

CaBisonFan
10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Sellout. A lot of casual fans will buy up the extra tickets. My sister and her husband, Mayville & undy grads are going to get tickets. People are beginning to get excited...regardless of last week's performance.

Undefeated reminds people of the old days...and of the 06 and 07 teams.

Castor Troy
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't need to tell him, he'll get the message when he arrives at the UP Center and wonders where everyone is at. You don't go up against Bison football in this town...it just isn't a formula for success.

The Force has a game on Friday, so we are going to the game on Friday and watch the Bison on Saturday. The Force have a ticket exchange that is really handy. If you miss a game with season tickets, you can redeem your tickets for another game. So you never really lose the value of your tickets. Also, most of the Force fans are not Bison fans. I see a lot of UND stuff and even some UNO stuff. I don't think the Force game will effect the attendance of the Bison game.

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
put your boners away. itll be the same spotty blue seats on each sideline like it is every game. its not going to be a packed to capacity like a lot of you dream.

i watched some augustana vs northern on midco this week and i liked it more than espn3's production..it was actually pretty clean even if it wasnt in hd

Twentysix
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
put your boners away. itll be the same spotty blue seats on each sideline like it is every game. its not going to be a packed to capacity like a lot of you dream.

i watched some augustana vs northern on midco this week and i liked it more than espn3's production..it was actually pretty clean even if it wasnt in hd

That was MVFC production not espn3. Espn3 just carried it on their online network.

SDbison
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM

I understand you had to watch something since Texas was getting the crap beat out of them, but Augustana and Northern? Are you OK?

tjbison
10-10-2011, 04:19 PM

this^^^^^^^

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I understand you had to watch something since Texas was getting the crap beat out of them, but Augustana and Northern? Are you OK?
Dad was over and he likes nsic stuff.

And please..as a husker fan...talkin shit about texas just makea u look bad...ou is kinda good.

SDbison
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Dad was over and he likes nsic stuff.

And please..as a husker fan...talkin shit about texas just makea u look bad...ou is kinda good.
bwahahahhaha! And Ohio State is always kinda good too.......I just got back from Lincoln after watching Nebraska come back and win. If you are talking about last weeks loss at Wisconsin that was tough, but Wisconsin would beat the crap out of Texas too.

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
well yea. wiscys right behind lsu and bama.

and this isnt last years ohio st or the last decades ohio st. theyve been pretty mediocre this year.

HooliganBison
10-10-2011, 06:15 PM
How many student tickets are left?

Twentysix
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
How many student tickets are left?

Probably alot. They have only been able to be claimed for 5 hours.

moosbah
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Hopefully the campus rah rah squad can make Missery State look damn sexy to get those students to show up.

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
509 reserved tickets remaining.

FYI: only 61 reserved tickets left for the UNI game.

441 reserved tickets left. That's decent movement. Looks like 70 since you posted last night plus General Admission. They will likely release a few hundred more plus a hundred or so Missouri State tickets. So in reality we probably have about 700 left in reserved with 4 days plus game day left plus the rest of today.

I'm with Hammersmith as long as the students have at least 3,000. The better the atmosphere is later in the year will help with attendance down the road.

99Bison
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Being able to see games with some entertainment value would help with casual attendance. Don't get me wrong, I think the goal for the past 7-8 years should have been to bolster non casual type attendance, but that's not the route was taken... So, we are stuck with lots of casual attendee's, meaning entertainment is worth something:
- the first two games were slightly entertaining due to high scoring, but entirely snoozeville until mid 3 quarter especially for a casual fan and cupcakes
- third game was entertaining as it was relatively close the entire game
- the last two games were ugly snoozeville other than defensive turnovers because offense was so horrible and defense continuously giving up yards.

I'm not saying winning doesn't help, but consistently winning ugly doesn't help a ton. For example, 5-0 winning all games ugly/unwatchable is comparable to 3-2 in non-ugly games as far as fan interest, in our case it's basically one decent game and 4 forgettable ones, guess you better be 5-0 to draw any interest :-).

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Being able to see games with some entertainment value would help with casual attendance. Don't get me wrong, I think the goal for the past 7-8 years should have been to bolster non casual type attendance, but that's not the route was taken... So, we are stuck with lots of casual attendee's, meaning entertainment is worth something:
- the first two games were slightly entertaining due to high scoring, but entirely snoozeville until mid 3 quarter especially for a casual fan and cupcakes
- third game was entertaining as it was relatively close the entire game
- the last two games were ugly snoozeville other than defensive turnovers because offense was so horrible and defense continuously giving up yards.

I'm not saying winning doesn't help, but consistently winning ugly doesn't help a ton. For example, 5-0 winning all games ugly/unwatchable is comparable to 3-2 in non-ugly games as far as fan interest, in our case it's basically one decent game and 4 forgettable ones, guess you better be 5-0 to draw any interest :-).

Wow, that is quite a glass "half-empty" view. If 5-0 doesn't get to people to the game, (and let's not forget NDSU has beaten 2 conference foes and 1 BCS conference team) I am not sure what will.

344Johnson
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
People will see stuff in the paper saying NDSU is winning. If they keep winning, people will make efforts to go. Heck, if I lived anywhere and enjoyed football and saw that the local D1 school has a good record I would probably go and check it out as long as they continued to win, enough winning and I become a permanent fan(This raises the question, why do I cheer for Notre Dame year after year?). Not enough people appreciate ugly football in this era of scoring well into the 40's unfortunately.

99Bison
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow, that is quite a glass "half-empty" view. If 5-0 doesn't get to people to the game, (and let's not forget NDSU has beaten 2 conference foes and 1 BCS conference team) I am not sure what will.

Kinda missed the point there not sure what half-anything has to do with it... Here's a shorter description of the same thing. If you are depending on casual fans, either you better go nearly undefeated every year if you are always going to go ugly or consistently put a quality product out there that is entertaining.

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Kinda missed the point there not sure what half-anything has to do with it... Here's a shorter description of the same thing. If you are depending on casual fans, either you better go nearly undefeated every year if you are always going to go ugly or consistently put a quality product out there that is entertaining.

Wow, I still don't get it. :hide:

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2011, 09:32 PM
umm nothing.. unless this team had some joe flacco, once in a lifetime quarterback..or whatever...the same blue seats will be open.

sucks but it is what it is. anyways the dome can get loud at times so whatever, whats an extra 500-1000 people gonna change?

SDbison
10-10-2011, 09:51 PM
umm nothing.. unless this team had some joe flacco, once in a lifetime quarterback..or whatever...the same blue seats will be open.

sucks but it is what it is. anyways the dome can get loud at times so whatever, whats an extra 500-1000 people gonna change? Yep.....its the quality of the fan in the dome not the quantity. A packed dome looks nice, but the reality is the 14,000 or so that went to the Robert Morris game last year in the playoffs made more noise than I heard at any sellout game.

HerdBot
10-10-2011, 11:28 PM

sucks but it is what it is. anyways the dome can get loud at times so whatever, whats an extra 500-1000 people gonna change?

Winning and tailgate is the key. 5 years ago we went to the games. Now we tailgate at every game and bring our show on the road. Its an EVENT! The Minnesota game was special and that sort of unity builds TRADITION! Fairweather fans need to jump on the total Bison Gameday tradition. Thats how we bring it to the next level. Invite some of your casual Bison friends to your tailgate.

chuckles
10-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Yep.....its the quality of the fan in the dome not the quantity. A packed dome looks nice, but the reality is the 14,000 or so that went to the Robert Morris game last year in the playoffs made more noise than I heard at any sellout game.

Boom, right on SD. That was the most noise, excitement, and energy I had experienced in the dome. A close second was the Sam Houston game. I was in the lower portion of the student section right where Heckendorf pulled it in. The whole section went ballistic, and I'll never forget that. But that was for a mere play, not the whole game like Robert Morris.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2011, 12:10 AM
bwahahahhaha! And Ohio State is always kinda good too.......I just got back from Lincoln after watching Nebraska come back and win. If you are talking about last weeks loss at Wisconsin that was tough, but Wisconsin would beat the crap out of Texas too.

So how do you compare that to losing to a 5-win Texas team with a QB that is no longer on the roster?

ndsubison1
10-11-2011, 02:47 AM
talked to a guy on saturday that is a huge houston fan and just moved to fargo. said he's gonna start hitting up the bison games

Bisonfan1
10-11-2011, 12:28 PM
talked to a guy on saturday that is a huge houston fan and just moved to fargo. said he's gonna start hitting up the bison games

Everyone can now add "one" more to their attendance predications. I dont like to tailgate.

TransAmBison
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Everyone can now add "one" more to their attendance predications. I dont like to tailgate.That is just because you aren't any good at it. :duel:

Bisonfan1
10-11-2011, 01:10 PM
That is just because you aren't any good at it. :duel:

At least I admit it ! Bet you wish you never would have shown me how to knit mittens during the game ! I like to Knit, thanx TAB :D

TransAmBison
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
At least I admit it ! Bet you wish you never would have shown me how to knit mittens during the game ! I like to Knit, thanx TAB :DThose were mittens? I thought they were burp cloths for SD when he spits up. :duel:

1998braves64
10-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Actual attendance probably 17,000 (not tickets sold as that probably will break 18k mark) maybe less. Even with the sellout there are blue seats along the sidelines. What needs to happen is the games throughout the season need to be a want to be at item so that season ticket holders realize the value of the tickets they have and either sell them or give them to someone who really wants them (someone who wants to go to the game should a. buy a ticket early, season or singles b. find someone who has a ticket that is a casual observer c. know a company sponser that gives them away.) As SDBison said 14,000 or whatever it was at the playoff game was the rowdiest atmosphere I had seen in a long time at the FFD. Until the dome is packed with 16-17k of rowdy fans we're going to see the blue man group all over the FFD.

ndsubison1
10-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Everyone can now add "one" more to their attendance predications. I dont like to tailgate.

tailgating is no fun

Strommer10
10-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Boom, right on SD. That was the most noise, excitement, and energy I had experienced in the dome. A close second was the Sam Houston game. I was in the lower portion of the student section right where Heckendorf pulled it in. The whole section went ballistic, and I'll never forget that. But that was for a mere play, not the whole game like Robert Morris.
I believe that more exciting plays/ games like these will bring more of the casual fan overtime. Along with a CONSISTANT winning team.

I went to every home game in 09, but it was nothing like any of the previous years or last year. In 08, I remeber us losing some very close exciting games. But they were close and we were in it every week.

The UNI game this season has the potential to be a program defining game (Excitement, hype, national attention, conference title, playoff implications, @home). Hopefully we come out on the winning side. As for this week, a 0-6 team coming in, it will be tough to sellout even with people knowing we have a good team.

Herd
10-12-2011, 04:48 AM
In my opinion, Mo State should be a big game for bison fans. MO State is a Valley school with a name in DI, the bison lost the last two to Mo State, this a chance to go 6-0, it leads up to SDSU and UNI games the following weeks. There should be a lot of hype for this game, and the weather should be good for one more beatiful outdoor tailgate.

If there is not 18+ announced, I'd be very surprised.

Gully
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I'd rather not see any blue seats but I'm more concerned with seats sold. Once we consistently have sellouts, I think we'll see fewer blue seats. We're almost there, just need a couple more years of deep playoff runs.

Anyone looked to see how tickets have been selling recently?

Strommer10
10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd rather not see any blue seats but I'm more concerned with seats sold. Once we consistently have sellouts, I think we'll see fewer blue seats. We're almost there, just need a couple more years of deep playoff runs.

Anyone looked to see how tickets have been selling recently?
This would really help. We need to also form solid rivalries with MVFC teams (UNI, USD) like we had with NCC teams back in the day. The addition of USD is HUGE for recognition with fans. We play UNI, SDSU, & USD year in and year out, that will get people to come as well.

Winning some conference titles would be nice too. :nod:

roadwarrior
10-12-2011, 05:43 PM
349 reserved tickets left for the game.

11 reserved tickets left for UNI!

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 06:26 PM

So that means there are 11 tickets left for UNI right? isnt it 100% reserved? + visitor?

HerdBot
10-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Wow. That means if this game sells out there's only 1 left and if we can get close to a sellout we could break the attendance record. Need big student turnouts

HooliganBison
10-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Are the student tickets sold out yet for this weekend?

roadwarrior
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
So that means there are 11 tickets left for UNI right? isnt it 100% reserved? + visitor?

No, that is just reserved seat tickets (which include the visitor section). There are general admission sections as usual.

Twentysix
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
No, that is just reserved seat tickets (which include the visitor section). There are general admission sections as usual.

Disapointing.

SDbison
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
What is the student response to this weekends game......tickets still left? Dj are you driving around campus with a megaphone again? Do student activity groups do anything to drum up interest for EVERY game? If not, WHY?

HerdBot
10-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Shuld be another good crowd. Less than 300 reserved left plus general admission. Decent tailgating weather. Any updates on student tickets?

02Bison
10-15-2011, 01:20 AM

"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" - Rodney Dangerfield

So not impressed with the one Force game I attended and the drunken boofoons in the crowd that gizzed their pants when two 17 year old kids dropped their gloves on the ice and looked like two monkey's humping a football while the referee and linesman dosey doed around them...

HerdBot
10-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Disapointing.

Why its 2 games from now. It will sell out w standing roon

Strommer10
10-15-2011, 02:16 AM
275 reserved tickets remain. I have not heard about student ticket sales.

Side note: exactly 6 tickets remain for UNI :biggrin:

56BISON73
10-15-2011, 02:24 AM
I have one ticket available.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-15-2011, 04:10 AM

damn Capn Cat takes up a lot of seats, how many rows did he have to purchace?

344Johnson
10-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Haven't heard of any students having trouble getting tickets, but my friends who do go, reserve their seat on monday so I really am not overly reliable.

bisonwest
10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
275 reserved tickets remain. I have not heard about student ticket sales.

Side note: exactly 6 tickets remain for UNI :biggrin:

Wow! Do these figures include general admission? I'm glad I picked up my tickets for the kitties game last week.

DjKyRo
10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
What is the student response to this weekends game......tickets still left? Dj are you driving around campus with a megaphone again? Do student activity groups do anything to drum up interest for EVERY game? If not, WHY?

I heard last night we have around 3,000 student tickets spoken for. Couldn't tell you why student activity don't pump up post-homecoming games, you'd have to ask them.

344Johnson
10-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I heard last night we have around 3,000 student tickets spoken for. Couldn't tell you why student activity don't pump up post-homecoming games, you'd have to ask them.

This is starting to really bother me. When Walker was here this was never a problem. The fact that the homecoming game wasnt too exciting probably has effected all of this.

HerdBot
10-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Still a decent turnout. They need to keep the marketing going. Every year it dies down after homecoming. Youngstown and UNI will not sell out without a massive grassroots push.we only had 2k for SDSU last year

344Johnson
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Still a decent turnout. They need to keep the marketing going. Every year it dies down after homecoming. Youngstown and UNI will not sell out without a massive grassroots push.we only had 2k for SDSU last year

If we don't lose going into the UNI game it'd be so easy to pimp that game out. All it would have to say is #2/3 vs. #3/4. Perhaps biggest game in the dome as far as hype(if they played it right) since Pittsburg State opener?

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 02:19 AM
If we don't lose going into the UNI game it'd be so easy to pimp that game out. All it would have to say is #2/3 vs. #3/4. Perhaps biggest game in the dome as far as hype(if they played it right) since Pittsburg State opener?

NDSU/UND in 1994. Both teams undefeated. You young ones cannot possibly imagine the energy....

tony
10-16-2011, 03:02 AM
NDSU/UND in 1994. Both teams undefeated. You young ones cannot possibly imagine the energy....

Although I remember the playoff game in Grand Forks between NDSU and UND that drew about 5000 (thanks to Bison fans.)

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Although I remember the playoff game in Grand Forks between NDSU and UND that drew about 5000 (thanks to Bison fans.)

I was at that,too. But I prefer the playoff game in 1995 much more.....Feeney, nearly to the turf did an old school down the field pitch to Reggie (RIP) for a TD. It was awesome and nearly got thrown out for throwing snowballs at their thundering herd
(cheerleaders).

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Looks like sidelines are sold out and only 2 singles left in the lower endzone for UNI. General Admission is all that is left unless UNI returns some tickets.