PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State

tony
10-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Did you guys check out their box score? They scored two TDs in the first quarter against Illinois State... their two scoring drives consisted of three plays: an 82-yard pass, a 5-yard run, and a 91-yard pass. Of their 269 yards of offense, about 202 or so happened in the first quarter. ISU-Red had 300+ yards on the ground.

NDSU needs to establish their authorita.

TbonZach
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Did you guys check out their box score? They scored two TDs in the first quarter against Illinois State... their two scoring drives consisted of three plays: an 82-yard pass, a 5-yard run, and a 91-yard pass. Of their 269 yards of offense, about 202 or so happened in the first quarter. ISU-Red had 300+ yards on the ground.

NDSU needs to establish their authorita.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/593/cartman4qq.jpg

Gully
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I think this is the game we put things together and blow someone out. I think we win by 4 scores and the backup QB gets at least one series.

Bisonwinagn
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I think this is the game we put things together and blow someone out. I think we win by 4 scores and the backup QB gets at least one series.

I hope your right, but every game seems tough. MSU was leading over ISU red in the 4th qtr and they lost to SIU on a last second field goal. I don't know if I would predict a 4 score win especially after scoring zero against them last year. This could be another game where it's close at halftime and we have a big second half.

HerdBot
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM

We should have blown them out last year but we all know how that worked out

FarSouth Bison
10-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Looks like its time to go back to the basics.

BisoninNWMN
10-10-2011, 12:19 AM
We should have blown them out last year but we all know how that worked out

This one is at home.

I think the offense will have something to prove on saturday.

Bison win big!

heffray
10-10-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope your right, but every game seems tough. MSU was leading over ISU red in the 4th qtr and they lost to SIU on a last second field goal. I don't know if I would predict a 4 score win especially after scoring zero against them last year. This could be another game where it's close at halftime and we have a big second half.

Haven't we done that in literally every game except for the Gophs? Correct me if i'm wrong, but even against Lafayette and St Francis the games were pretty tight at half, then the Herd busted it open in the second half. I don't think that's an ideal way to play, but it's better than what the Vikings are doing, and i think it says a lot about our team and our coaches, Vigen included, i.e., able to make adjustments and execute a change to a gameplan that wasn't really working.

HandoEX
10-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Strength and conditioning play in too our second half ownage too.

Bison bison
10-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Just like poker.

We give the other teams the first half just to learn their tells.

Ross
10-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Just like poker.

We give the other teams the first half just to learn their tells.

I know the Bison do a great job at second half adjustments... but why do we seem to need that every week? What are our opponents doing that is so different from the game tapes that have been watched and the game plan is prepared for? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're awesome adjusting at halftime, but I'd like to see a game where we can come out in the first quarter and run our offense and our defense and just take it to whoever we are playing because I know we have the players with the ability to make that happen. Will this happen this coming week? I hope so.

Grizzled
10-10-2011, 01:23 AM
As Wyo would say, I'm not putting lipstick on a pig. Missouri St. is a poor team and there is no reason this should be a ball game. We are the #3 ranked team in the country, we are playing at home, and they aren't good. I don't think its unrealistic to expect a 4 score victory this week.

Bisonguy
10-10-2011, 01:34 AM
As Wyo would say, I'm not putting lipstick on a pig. Missouri St. is a poor team and there is no reason this should be a ball game. We are the #3 ranked team in the country, we are playing at home, and they aren't good. I don't think its unrealistic to expect a 4 score victory this week.

They also had the worst defense in the MVFC last season and NDSU couldn't score a single point against them. Granted the game is at home this time, but with what this offense has shown at times this season I wouldn't take any opponent for granted, let alone predict four score victories.

Grizzled
10-10-2011, 01:49 AM
They also had the worst defense in the MVFC last season and NDSU couldn't score a single point against them. Granted the game is at home this time, but with what this offense has shown at times this season I wouldn't take any opponent for granted, let alone predict four score victories.

We've been able to score on bad teams at home. Their defense has given up 38 or more points to all of their opponents except two. One was the terrible SIU offense we just played and the other was a Eastern Kentucky. I don't think predicting a 4 score victory is expecting to much but that is my opinion. Their offense will struggle to score 10 points against our defense. This is an opponent we should beat by 4 scores.

DjKyRo
10-10-2011, 01:57 AM
I agree with Bisonguy that the "not taking anyone for granted" approach is entirely valid with how our offense has under performed the past two games, but I think this is a great opportunity for us to quell some of the doubt our team is getting on the national level around some haunts of FCS fans. The o-line needs to get their poop in a group and if we can do that, we should be in great shape for SDSU.

semobison
10-10-2011, 02:10 AM
If history teaches us anything it is that we should not take any MVFC opponent lightly! I would love to see us score early and often and have a 4 score win but if we dont play better on offense next week we could have another low scoring battle on our hands!

HandoEX
10-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Mo State couldn't win a road game game if their lives depended on it. Bison by at least 21.

56BISON73
10-10-2011, 02:14 AM
If history teaches us anything it is that we should not take any MVFC opponent lightly! I would love to see us score early and often and have a 4 score win but if we dont play better on offense next week we could have another low scoring battle on our hands!

HMMMMMMM you mean like last year against ------who was it--- Yes it was MSU.

bisoneer
10-10-2011, 02:39 AM
We need to put the smack on these guy for that dog gone 6-3 loss on their pasture last year! NDSU 35 MoState 14

semobison
10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Missouri State has beaten us the last two times we have played! I have said this before, but some of you dont believe it! There are no gimme's in this conference! That being said, if we play like we are capable, we could win convincingly!

westnodak93bison
10-10-2011, 02:46 AM
We damn well better figure out how to run the ball against the 3-4 defense. IMHO, there is no excuse for not having it figured out.

SDbison
10-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Haven't we done that in literally every game except for the Gophs? Correct me if i'm wrong, but even against Lafayette and St Francis the games were pretty tight at half, then the Herd busted it open in the second half. I don't think that's an ideal way to play, but it's better than what the Vikings are doing, and i think it says a lot about our team and our coaches, Vigen included, i.e., able to make adjustments and execute a change to a gameplan that wasn't really working. Are you serious? The defense has done most of the work this season. Vigen doesn't know what a change in game plan is if it hit him square in the face.

JustinTyem
10-10-2011, 03:46 AM
I agree with Bisonguy that the "not taking anyone for granted" approach is entirely valid with how our offense has under performed the past two games, but I think this is a great opportunity for us to quell some of the doubt our team is getting on the national level around some haunts of FCS fans. The o-line needs to get their poop in a group and if we can do that, we should be in great shape for SDSU.Ditto DjKy. Any human that Eats,Sleeps,and Breaths Football have atleast half of a Brain that do not take any team lightly. To those who expect to blow out any team,need to get their heads checked.:facepalm2::rofl:

tcbison
10-10-2011, 04:20 AM
We need to put the smack on these guy for that dog gone 6-3 loss on their pasture last year! NDSU 35 MoState 14

6-3 loss? They shut us out 3-0 last year and it was embarassing!

jimmyptubas
10-10-2011, 05:35 AM
I will unfortunately not be able to make this one as I have to work so I can afford to go to the games at SDSU and bere for UNI. While not fair to expect a blowout...it is still possible it happens. Missouri state has played to FBS teams already this year: week 1 at Arkansas and week 3 at Oregon. I'm pretty sure they really are a bad team but those two teams on your schedule will help you go 6-0 real easily.