PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective

tojo70
10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes, this game was ugly, but it was a win and we can do better. Take a look at some of the scores for the other highly ranked teams:
In TSN Poll Bison ranked 4th....Let's not forget that SIU is ranked 20th....they are no slouch.
#1 GA. Southern only beat # 24 ranked Chatt by one point (28-27). Chatt went for 2 after a TD with a little over a minute to go and missed it....BTW this was a HOME game for GA. Southern.
#3 MT. State only beat UNRANKED Portland St. by 2 points.....road game for MT. State.

There's good competition out there and hopefully this reiterated to the Bison players that they have to bring their best EVERY game.

CaBisonFan
10-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I agree with what you wrote.

Let me add...we can win when we suck. We're gonna be bad once or twice this year.

houndawg
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes, this game was ugly, but it was a win and we can do better. Take a look at some of the scores for the other highly ranked teams:
In TSN Poll Bison ranked 4th....Let's not forget that SIU is ranked 20th....they are no slouch.
#1 GA. Southern only beat # 24 ranked Chatt by one point (28-27). Chatt went for 2 after a TD with a little over a minute to go and missed it....BTW this was a HOME game for GA. Southern.
#3 MT. State only beat UNRANKED Portland St. by 2 points.....road game for MT. State.

There's good competition out there and hopefully this reiterated to the Bison players that they have to bring their best EVERY game.

The MVC is certainly better this year, maybe there is more parity through the whole FCS this year.

westnodak93bison
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree. Good teams win even when they do not play to their potential.

bisoneer
10-10-2011, 02:34 AM
So far so good, the team is playing well overall aside from a few glitches like 3rd down conversions, field position and dismal running game against tough defenses. But we are not complaining - this is really a sign of better things ahead I hope but we need to keep taking this one game at a time.