PDA

View Full Version : What if Georgia Southern had come to the dome?

90 BISON
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
They are number 1 in both major FCS polls and we are either 4 or 5. This would have been one "whale of a game" with playoff implications. Obviously this would have been a much closer game than St. Francis.

MNLonghorn10
10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Elom tusculum and samford...are they attourneys at law or georgoa southerns opponents so far?

coldspot
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
lafayette and minnesota...a Frenchmen and state where winning does not exist.

tony
10-05-2011, 03:48 PM
One thing seems certain: There'd only be two undefeated teams left in the FCS.

MNLonghorn10
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
lafayette, st francis and minnesota...a Frenchmen, a child molester and state where winning does not exist.no love for ill. St?

NorthernBison
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
My homer vote is for NDSU. Why would I vote otherwise?

I would have loved to see this game. I don't like the potential for FCS to go the way of the big time schools where solid programs duck each other and get rewarded. I'm not saying GS was afraid to come to Fargo but they did buy out of the trip to schedule a DII. They get rewarded with another home game and avoid a chance of taking an early season loss to an FCS opponent. If that works out for them, I expect to see it happen more and more. That would not be good.

Tatanka
10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't like the potential for FCS to go the way of the big time schools where solid programs duck each other and get rewarded. I'm not saying GS was afraid to come to Fargo but they did buy out of the trip to schedule a DII. They get rewarded with another home game and avoid a chance of taking an early season loss to an FCS opponent. If that works out for them, I expect to see it happen more and more. That would not be good.

Absolutely they are getting rewarded for pussing out. And make no mistake, pussing out is exactly what they did.

moosbah
10-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Would they be coming to play a game, or just tour the facility? I hear we give a really nice tour.:)

KSBisonFan
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
My homer vote is for NDSU. Why would I vote otherwise?

I would have loved to see this game. I don't like the potential for FCS to go the way of the big time schools where solid programs duck each other and get rewarded. I'm not saying GS was afraid to come to Fargo but they did buy out of the trip to schedule a DII. They get rewarded with another home game and avoid a chance of taking an early season loss to an FCS opponent. If that works out for them, I expect to see it happen more and more. That would not be good.

How much did NDSU get from GS to get out of the road trip to Fargo? Hopefully it was more that we paid St Francis to come in.

Tatanka
10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Probably not. The original contract was drawn up in what, 2005? 2006?

DjKyRo
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
How much did NDSU get from GS to get out of the road trip to Fargo? Hopefully it was more that we paid St Francis to come in.

I heard it was something like $60,000, and GT has since added much larger buyout clauses to contracts.

I like to think NDSU would've won, but man, GSU handles that option offense like nothing else. They had six guys go over 100 yards a few weeks ago.

BlueKeyAlum
10-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Really? You want to go there?

I'm sure you're a nice guy, coldspot. But if you would be dumb enough to say that in person, I'd have no problem going apeshit on you and busting your jaw if need be.

In other words, get a f#cking clue.

You forgot to sarcasm color code your response.

Herd
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Well now, i dont know about game that wasn't, but if they would have at least made the trip, i wouldn't consider them a bunch of pussies like i do now. Thats all ive got to say about that.

344Johnson
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Elom tusculum and samford...are they attourneys at law or georgoa southerns opponents so far?

sick burn!

Bison bison
10-05-2011, 05:39 PM
You forgot to sarcasm color code your response.

No, I didn't.

I've got zero tolerance for child molestation jokes.

MNLonghorn10
10-05-2011, 05:44 PM
sick burn!
i spit hot fire

CaBisonFan
10-05-2011, 05:47 PM
We would have seen an outstanding game...with the talent of the Bison proving that we can play with anyone.

There's no other outcome. The Bison prevail in situations like this. Too bad it didn't happen.

TheBisonator
10-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Really? You want to go there?

I'm sure you're a nice guy, coldspot. But if you would be dumb enough to say that in person, I'd have no problem going apeshit on you and busting your jaw if need be.

In other words, get a f#cking clue.

Somebody's Catholic...

tjbison
10-05-2011, 05:53 PM
we wouldnt have had to play St. Francis

344Johnson
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Somebody's Catholic...

Just like a lot of Bison fans...

TheBisonator
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM

I know, there's no issue with being Catholic on my part, just pointing out the instant offensiveness he took towards that St. Francis comment.

Heck, if I was Christian, I'd be Catholic, cause Catholics are in general more easy-going and less "rod in the ass-like" than Protestants.

coldspot
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM

my apologies, I did not intend to offend anyone. I need to proofread what I post before I post it. The crude comment has been removed.

CAS4127
10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
my apologies, I did not intend to offend anyone. I need to proofread what I post before I post it. The crude comment has been removed.

Whimp!!!!

TAB is Gay--offense intended!!!

344Johnson
10-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Eh, even if you proofread it you probably wouldn't have thought much of it. Not a huge deal.

Superfan
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
My vote went to GS. I think that if the Bison stay healthy by the end of the year we could beat them but this is still a very young team and I think they need these first few games to work kinks out. I think that was obvious in the Ill. St. game.

ndsubison1
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I know, there's no issue with being Catholic on my part, just pointing out the instant offensiveness he took towards that St. Francis comment.

Heck, if I was Christian, I'd be Catholic, cause Catholics are in general more easy-going and less "rod in the ass-like" than Protestants.

cool story bro

ndsubison1
10-05-2011, 06:46 PM
My vote went to GS. I think that if the Bison stay healthy by the end of the year we could beat them but this is still a very young team and I think they need these first few games to work kinks out. I think that was obvious in the Ill. St. game.

yeah i voted for GS too. would have easily been our toughest game thus far

TheBisonator
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
cool story bro

Thanks. Let's hear YOUR story...

CAS4127
10-05-2011, 07:43 PM

So, is it agnostic or atheist??!!!

TransAmBison
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
So, is it agnostic or atheist??!!!He's a terrorist. :D

NorthernBison
10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
yeah i voted for GS too. would have easily been our toughest game thus far

Here's a hint: Don't give them respect. They do not deserve it.

Actually I felt stupid for answering this question because this game was actually on the schedule and they bought out of it. If they had just showed up and played, we would know the answer. Maybe we'll see them in the post-season and we can find out where the chips fall.

CAS4127
10-05-2011, 07:51 PM
He's a terrorist. :D

I didn't know being one required a religous belief, disbelief or indifference--check your inbox btw, you gay communist bastard!!

Answer Guy
10-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I didn't know being one required a religous belief, disbelief or indifference--check your inbox btw, you gay communist bastard!!

"Inbox" doesn't necessarily mean what you might think when you're dealing with Tranny. Just sayin'

TransAmBison
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
:facepalm: I already responded. Check YOUR inbox. :facepalm: :D

Swaghook
10-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I hoping to see GS in Frisco. Would be a huge game either they would get #7 at the FCS level or NDSU would add another banner(to the 8 it already has) but at the FCS level.

ndsubison1
10-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Here's a hint: Don't give them respect. They do not deserve it.

Actually I felt stupid for answering this question because this game was actually on the schedule and they bought out of it. If they had just showed up and played, we would know the answer. Maybe we'll see them in the post-season and we can find out where the chips fall.

true. i guess we will find out a lot more about GSU towards the end of the season. they've played an easy schedule thus far. still have to play wofford, app st. and alabama (which theyll lose). could possibly lose all 3. we'll see

BisoninNWMN
10-06-2011, 12:23 AM

This doesn't surprise me coming from you.

Oh ya, you're just a perfect frickin angel bud.....

EndZoneQB
10-06-2011, 12:41 AM
This doesn't surprise me coming from you.

Oh ya, you're just a perfect frickin angel bud.....

I think we should just all be happy he wasn't picking on Catholics...because frankly, I grew up Lutheran and always looked at the Catholics like the people with the rod in their ass!

devin45k
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
how bout we worry about the rest of the schedule, rather than what may have been

BisoninNWMN
10-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I think we should just all be happy he wasn't picking on Catholics...because frankly, I grew up Lutheran and always looked at the Catholics like the people with the rod in their ass!

He knows what I am refering to.....his anti-Christian remarks in the past.

yellowstreak
10-06-2011, 01:26 AM
I think we should discuss this on Georgia Southern's fan forum. Maybe their fans can give us some insight as to why they are scared fo the Bison.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/forum.php
http://gsueaglenation.com/pages/forums

Look what GSU has to say about Pat Paschall:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?7789-Former-GSU-Signee-Patrick-Paschall&highlight=north+dakota+state

FarSouth Bison
10-06-2011, 01:49 AM
If this game would of been played? Would it been larger than say the Goofers or UNI, from a fans point of view?

Twentysix
10-06-2011, 01:51 AM

I heard $60k. Not very much if you ask me.

56BISON73
10-06-2011, 01:53 AM
If this game would of been played? Would it been larger than say the Goofers or UNI, from a fans point of view?

I think it would have had more meaning in the long run as far as the team is concerned. As for the fans I think it would have generated more excitement than playing a team we knew nothing about. Dont think attendence would have changed much unless it was the opener.

Twentysix
10-06-2011, 01:55 AM
I really dont think so. It would of been the 2nd week game, and when we beat them they would of dropped to about #10. Making both the gopher and UNI game more important.

Had GSU come they would not even be in the top 5 imo.

Strommer10
10-06-2011, 06:47 AM
The Gopher game was huge because they are a regional BCS team that some consider "rivals." (MN vs. ND)
The UNI games is HUGE in terms of conference title implications because of late, the road to the title goes through them.
The GSU game would've been huge in terms of national (FCS) hype, but locally to most fans it would've been a game against a tough team.

So UNI & MINN games still would've ranked ahead of it in my mind.

yellowstreak
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Nothing like some misinformation to perpetuate some disdain. We had to schedule Tusculum, the D2 game, due to Coastal Carolina's late cancellation. We did buy out the game and replaced the NDSU game with Presbyterian, a D1 school. Got a home game in that exchange, which was part of the impetus for buying out the return trip. Personally, I was looking forward to the game, but it made economic sense for GSU to pay a lot less to buy it out and bank the home gate.

Go Eagles !!!!!

copy and paste

yellowstreak
10-06-2011, 10:50 PM
You would also think that after GSU shipped you a running back by the name of Patrick Pascall, and giving you an easy win in 2006, the NDSU fans would have a little bit of understanding :)

Go Eagles !!!!!

copy and paste

EndZoneQB
10-06-2011, 10:51 PM
copy and paste

Can't say I argue with GSU's logic, a home game=more money overall. Just would have been an INSANE game. Neither of us may have dropped much with a loss...unless it was 34-14 ;)

MN_BISON
10-06-2011, 10:53 PM
To answer the original question of this thread, they'd have one loss on their record. Pretty simple really, next question.:bow:

yellowstreak
10-06-2011, 10:59 PM
In all seriousness, I feel that NDSU should be #1 right now. We will "earn" it when we play Wofford, App. State and Alabama.

copy and paste

Gully
10-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I like that they have Alabama on their schedule this year and Georgia next year. It would be fun to see them make it a game. I really appreciate GSU's style of football.

Tatanka
10-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Economic sense or not, they backed out and chose not to honor their end of the deal. in my book they pussed out, end of story. whether they did it for a dII or a crap dI is immaterial. that's a shitty thing to do and i hope ndsu never does that. it's weaksauce.

Gully
10-07-2011, 01:43 AM
It was an option available in the contract. NDSU could have negotiated to remove that option or at least raise the amount of the buyout.

Tatanka
10-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Agreed, they didn't technically violate the contract. Still. The intent of the deal was a home-and-home. Both parties knew this. NDSU travelled there in good faith expecting a return visit. It's not any different than the shit Montana pulled on the bunnies. It's weaksauce.

NorthernBison
10-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Agreed, they didn't technically violate the contract. Still. The intent of the deal was a home-and-home. Both parties knew this. NDSU travelled there in good faith expecting a return visit. It's not any different than the shit Montana pulled on the bunnies. It's weaksauce.

I agree 100%. Clearly, when the contract was negotiated, NDSU as a transitional program was not in a position to negotiate a better deal. So, GS put the screws to us. Nobody says we have to like it and it should never be forgotten either.

Eagle22
10-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Economic sense or not, they backed out and chose not to honor their end of the deal. in my book they pussed out, end of story. whether they did it for a dII or a crap dI is immaterial. that's a shitty thing to do and i hope ndsu never does that. it's weaksauce.

I won't dispute it's weak. Our history has always been one of anytime, anywhere.

When we revived our program in the early 80's, we were independent and took any game we could get. In some seasons we'd play mostly I-AA games sandwiched in between some D2 and FBS level games. We were playing Auburn, FSU (80's), Florida, Miami and others while we built our program.

After building a decent resume, and winning six titles at this level in twenty year time frame, our AD thought it would be benevolent on Georgia Southern's part to agree to doing home-and-home scheduling with some of the newer teams to the FCS ranks. Know that this was mostly lazy scheduling on his part, because our fanbase would much rather see some home-and-home scheduling versus teams that are in the south and within driving distance, but it is what it is.

Over the last decade we had return game arrangements with NDSU, SDSU, Northeastern, Delaware, McNeese, Coastal Carolina and other FCS programs. The only game we've ever backed out on was NDSU (unfortunately). Our AD's lazy scheduling has meant many seasons of five home games, something that stung our fanbase even worse over our dark period (2006-2009) when we stunk and were in no danger of hosting home playoff games.

I was looking forward to the trip to Fargo. My brother had been stationed up in Grand Forks (and I had done some TDY there years ago) ... so I was eagerly awaiting the trip.

We're a much better team in 2011 than we ever were in 2006. You guys had a very good team that year, but we had a coaching staff that was clueless, as evidenced by our worst record ever (3-8) since restarting football.

Eagle22
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I think we should discuss this on Georgia Southern's fan forum. Maybe their fans can give us some insight as to why they are scared fo the Bison.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/forum.php
http://gsueaglenation.com/pages/forums

Look what GSU has to say about Pat Paschall:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?7789-Former-GSU-Signee-Patrick-Paschall&highlight=north+dakota+state

You all are more than welcome to join us on our site and discuss this and whatever else you want to talk about. We've enjoyed having other FCS fans on the site for over thirteen years now ....

Paul

www.gsufans.com

Tatanka
10-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I won't dispute it's weak. Our history has always been one of anytime, anywhere.

When we revived our program in the early 80's, we were independent and took any game we could get. In some seasons we'd play mostly I-AA games sandwiched in between some D2 and FBS level games. We were playing Auburn, FSU (80's), Florida, Miami and others while we built our program.

After building a decent resume, and winning six titles at this level in twenty year time frame, our AD thought it would be benevolent on Georgia Southern's part to agree to doing home-and-home scheduling with some of the newer teams to the FCS ranks. Know that this was mostly lazy scheduling on his part, because our fanbase would much rather see some home-and-home scheduling versus teams that are in the south and within driving distance, but it is what it is.

Over the last decade we had return game arrangements with NDSU, SDSU, Northeastern, Delaware, McNeese, Coastal Carolina and other FCS programs. The only game we've ever backed out on was NDSU (unfortunately). Our AD's lazy scheduling has meant many seasons of five home games, something that stung our fanbase even worse over our dark period (2006-2009) when we stunk and were in no danger of hosting home playoff games.

I was looking forward to the trip to Fargo. My brother had been stationed up in Grand Forks (and I had done some TDY there years ago) ... so I was eagerly awaiting the trip.

We're a much better team in 2011 than we ever were in 2006. You guys had a very good team that year, but we had a coaching staff that was clueless, as evidenced by our worst record ever (3-8) since restarting football.

Appreciate your honesty and the thorough explanation. I do agree that this years pussification is not what Georgia Southern is generally known for. But it is what it is. GS pulled a Montana, and they earned the label IMHO. Again, I hope NDSU is never on the distributing end of this kind of douchebaggery. It flies in the face of the culture and values of the region, and the university.

Bottom line, NDSU had to settle for playing St Francis of PA, which, with no undue disrespect intended, is not of the caliber of program that NDSU should be on the same field with as evidenced by the game result. Instead of having an early season top-10 matchup at home for our fans, we had to mop up on a very poor D-I (at least they were D-I) while we see Georgia Southern playing a D-II at home. Very unfortunate. Not only that but to see GA Southern get rewarded with a #1 ranking for their maneuver just kind of pisses me off a little bit. I would rather have seen two good teams go at it. At least then any comparison between the two would have been earned on the field.

As for the caliber of team on the field in 2006, I agree that your team is clearly better than the 2006 model. I would offer that I believe that NDSU's 2011 model is an upgrade as well.

Hopefully we'll get to see you in the playoffs, preferably on our turf or in Frisco.

Strommer10
10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Hopefully we'll get to see you in the playoffs, preferably on our turf or in Frisco.
This is the game I want to see in Frisco :nod:

HerdBot
10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I dunno... that triple option is crazy. Those guys stunk until they brought the triple option back

devin45k
10-07-2011, 11:04 PM
This is the game I want to see in Frisco :nod:

Im sure you would be fine with any team vs Bison