PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo

jacks1
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey B'villers...a couple questions. We'll be up in Fargo in a couple weeks for the NDSU rodeo...my daughter is on the Black Hills State rodeo team. Where is the rodeo arena located? Hotel options nearby? Also, could I get a couple of your opinions on where to get a good steak...thanks!

Tatanka
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey B'villers...a couple questions. We'll be up in Fargo in a couple weeks for the NDSU rodeo...my daughter is on the Black Hills State rodeo team. Where is the rodeo arena located? Hotel options nearby? Also, could I get a couple of your opinions on where to get a good steak...thanks!

There's an NDSU rodeo? :D

Tatanka
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
OK that was mean.

Here's the deal. The Rodeo is at the NDSU Equine Center, which is located on 19th Ave N, four miles west of campus (or about 2 miles west of I-29).

In the map at http://g.co/maps/q6tuc 19th Ave N runs along the top of the map, I-29 along the right. The Equine center is in the upper-left-hand corner of the map, and NDSU is off the map to the right.

Lodging options really depend on how much coin you're willing to shell out. There's a Super 8 or Days Inn or something like that at I-29 and 12th Ave N which is passable. There are a couple more hotels up by the Fargodome off 19th Ave N, but if there's an NDSU football game the weekend you're coming up they may be booked. The rest of the hotels are generally along 13th Ave S and 45th St SW. Lots of good options.

As far as where to get a steak, well, that's again a function of coinage. Monte's downtown is good to great. Texas Roadhouse is good but it's a chain. Lone Star is inexpensive and the steak is of, well, inexpensive quality although it's still better than Applebees/Chilis/etc.

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Don't quote me for sure but I do believe that it is located out at the Horsepark which is located on 19th Ave north West of Interstate 29.

oops Tatanka beat me to it.

tjbison
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Steak......Basies or Redfords hands down, dont bother with Lonestar or Texas Roadhuse

Tatanka
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
^^^^^ Truth. Basies does cook up a damn good steak. Forget that you're in a hotel, it's good food!

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
If you want to skip the steak, Spitfire has very good BBQ. They may have good steaks to but I have never had one there.

Civil06
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
If you want to skip the steak, Spitfire has very good BBQ. They may have good steaks to but I have never had one there.

Spitfire also has really good steak. I like theirs or Basie's the best. Maxwell's has a really delicious elk steak.

Bison"FANatic"
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
All this steak talk and since it is going to be 81 degrees today supper is going to be Ribeyes from Meats by John and Wayne s and some Squash Bisque to go with it.