PDA

View Full Version : Time to move up again guys!!!

dancingNMSUaggie
09-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm talking about the WAC. NDSU has the fan base, the market to be very successful in the WAC. I see your school as the future Boise State, not Montana and their delusional fan base. Anyway, congrats on the big win at a Big Ten school.

tjbison
09-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Oh boy lets not get this conversation rolling again!!!!

But thanks!!

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm talking about the WAC. NDSU has the fan base, the market to be very successful in the WAC. I see your school as the future Boise State, not Montana and their delusional fan base. Anyway, congrats on the big win at a Big Ten school.

OK..........I can't possibly be the only one that sees that "dancingNMSUaggie" isn't dancingNMSUaggie?

X-Factor
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
App bailed. Who is next? I'm all for it if we can come up with the MONEY. I see no viable solution for that presently, however.

Bison_Pride
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Personally I like what we have now. Lets give a few years for the ubber rich oil folks to do an Oklahoma St. like cash infusion.

However, for comparisons:

The football budget at Boise St is 8.1 million. The football budget at Idaho is 4.8 million.

Anybody know what the NDSU football budget is?

TheBisonator
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Personally I like what we have now. Lets give a few years for the ubber rich oil folks to do an Oklahoma St. like cash infusion.

However, for comparisons:

The football budget at Boise St is 8.1 million. The football budget at Idaho is 4.8 million.

Anybody know what the NDSU football budget is?

It was 3.3 million two years ago.

It was obviously bigger last year and still bigger this year.

CaBisonFan
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM

Thank you...and you are correct. We need to establish our presence in the FCS while seriously looking at the next move...which will be necessary in order to maintain our level of play. The ncaa continues to move the goal posts...so we get to do the same.

Trips to WAC country would be like having 4 or 5 bowl trips every year.

Bison bison
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Just think of all the tv sets that WAC would get by adding NDSU not to mention the buzz that would fill the tri-state the week before San Jose State plays at the Dome...

Twentysix
09-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Just think of all the tv sets that WAC would get by adding NDSU not to mention the buzz that would fill the tri-state the week before San Jose State plays at the Dome...

Great Scott. The potential is astronomical. Boise st would be begging for wac membership.

TheBisonator
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM

Not to be a dick, but Fargo is the 2nd largest media market in the Upper Midwest after the Twin Cities, and something like #120 overall. I think I heard there are over half a million TV sets in the FM/GF market.

MinotBison
09-26-2011, 12:32 AM
We are doing just fine right where we are, thank you.

North Side
09-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Lets get a couple FCS National Championships under our belt. I love the FCS playoff system anyways. The Valley is great and more economical than the dismantled WAC anyway.

BigBison
09-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Not to be a dick, but Fargo is the 2nd largest media market in the Upper Midwest after the Twin Cities, and something like #120 overall. I think I heard there are over half a million TV sets in the FM/GF market.

How is that Des Moines, Madison, Milwaukee, and all way bigger cites that Fargo Moorhead, heck even Duluth-Superior is bigger than F-M.

DjKyRo
09-26-2011, 12:59 AM
something like #120 overall.

#208 in the most recent ratings period, which finished in August of 2011.

yellowstreak
09-26-2011, 01:41 AM
we already have 8 national championships. we could get even more in FCS. if we go to the WAC or MAC, we'd never get another national championship again....EVER!

Fargo's population isn't big enough for a BCS conf either.

doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Strommer10
09-26-2011, 06:06 AM
we already have 8 national championships. we could get even more in FCS. if we go to the WAC or MAC, we'd never get another national championship again....EVER!

Fargo's population isn't big enough for a BCS conf either.

doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
THIS times 1,000. We have dreams of a championship this year, but if we were to ever move up, our only dream the conference title and a mediocre bowl game. No Thank You. If the FBS were to someday get a playoff system, I would consider it. Until then I like it right where we are.

roadwarrior
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
A move to FBS would mean that we would NEVER EVER play another playoff football game. (at least with the current FBS setup)