PDA

View Full Version : My meaningless thoughts after a day of drinking

ThunderDan
09-25-2011, 04:42 AM
1. DJ made some dude look absolutely sick on a run in the 1st half
2. Brock looked decent???? (question marks because i'm amazed by that)
3. Minnesota should be ashamed at being in the Big Ten, or 12, however many teams they have now.
4. My brother on the east coast was impressed.
5. Nobody cares that my brother was impressed.
6. NDSU would finish .500 in the Big Ten, with wins over MN, IL, NW, IN, and PUR. assuming of course, that they played all those teams during the year.
7. I feel bad for Jerry Kill, he has no idea what he got into.
8. LOL, at the Gophers fans who predicted a 20 point win, at least.
9. Was the final spread for Wisconsin-USD really 49 1/2? Because, damn I would have bet the farm on it, and won by 1/2 a point.
10. Last, but not least, the play at the end of the half should make Sportscenter Top 10.....if it doesn't, that just shows you that no one, not even ESPN, gives a shit about Gopher games.

Kevin
09-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Why were you surprised by Brock's performance? He has been steadily improving every game.

I'll add another thought to my list (in the other thread). I haven't been this happy about a win since we stopped playing the Sewage. I wish we could schedule the Goofs every year.

ThunderDan
09-25-2011, 05:03 AM
I guess I was surprised at some of his throws that were right on the money.....although, there were some great catches to help him out. But he did put them in a great spot. So, props to him.

Kevin
09-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Fair enough. It still worries me that he sometimes misses the easy (even the "automatic") throws but his deep ball is consistent. And damn can he run. I'll take him any day over the Goofer's "one read and run" QB.

DGoph
09-25-2011, 05:31 AM
1. 3. Minnesota should be ashamed at being in the Big Ten, or 12, however many teams they have now.
7. I feel bad for Jerry Kill, he has no idea what he got into.

Here's the thing. Big Ten is about more than football. And even when we are down, and it has been too many years, we are still a Big Ten School, A Big Ten Team ... and nothing takes that away. I'll take being a Gopher Alum/Fan, even in the bad years ..... over being playoff bound/national champs(?) in Div1AA. Simple truth. We can/will get better ... you've pretty much hit your limit. A good limit.

As for Kill, I don't feel for him. He is making a good salary, and he is now a BIG TEN coach. Heck, when he gets us back to the glory days of "Glenn Mason", we will probably rename the stadium. We will be back to mediocrity before we know it.

Good luck the rest of your season Bison. I'm sure I'll see you on ESPN2 around mid-december.

ThunderDan
09-25-2011, 05:39 AM
11. I forgot #11.....I feel bad for Gopher fans who have to make excuses about how mediocre they are. Thank you, DGoph, for reminding me.

Kevin
09-25-2011, 05:58 AM
ITT: Reasons it's better to be a loser than a winner.

DGoph
09-25-2011, 06:13 AM
11. I forgot #11.....I feel bad for Gopher fans who have to make excuses about how mediocre they are. Thank you, DGoph, for reminding me.

No problem. I enjoyed it here. See you in about a decade!

And now that i'm red, you can DELETE this account; I'm tired of this worthless endeavor. GO GOPHERS!

Kevin
09-25-2011, 06:20 AM
No problem. I enjoyed it here. See you in about a decade!

And now that i'm red, you can DELETE this account; I'm tired of this worthless endeavor. GO GOPHERS!

Where do you want them to go, exactly? My vote would be for the WAC.

/seems like a better fit.

CaBisonFan
09-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Here's the thing. Big Ten is about more than football. And even when we are down, and it has been too many years, we are still a Big Ten School, A Big Ten Team ... and nothing takes that away. I'll take being a Gopher Alum/Fan, even in the bad years ..... over being playoff bound/national champs(?) in Div1AA. Simple truth. We can/will get better ... you've pretty much hit your limit. A good limit.

As for Kill, I don't feel for him. He is making a good salary, and he is now a BIG TEN coach. Heck, when he gets us back to the glory days of "Glenn Mason", we will probably rename the stadium. We will be back to mediocrity before we know it.

Good luck the rest of your season Bison. I'm sure I'll see you on ESPN2 around mid-december.

This is a typical Gopher fan reaction to any loss or losing season. I call it 'Sid' logic. In the world of Sid...we would beat USC by 11 points...lol

I taught in Hutchinson, MN for several years and was a legitimate Gophers fan. I'll date myself by saying that I went to games when Kevin McHale, Corky Taylor, Michael Thompson, Ray Williams, and other greats were huge stars in the barn. I loved it. And I used to cheer my guts out for the football team too.

When the TOTAL disrespect from Gopherville came our way in 2006 (about the state and its people)...I lost all respect for the fan base at MN. Obviously it's not everyone...but you are one example.

North Dakota State and its conference members are outstanding institutions of higher learning. And yes...we have other sports in true DI...just like UDU.

As long as the MN rationalization machine continues...the frustration will continue. When MN is able to say..."they were simply better than us"...the program will see real progress. Maybe Coach Kill can teach people how to think about it. Glen Mason didn't deserve to be fired. He was a scapegoat. He brought you to a few decent bowl games. That's about as good as it will get at MN. A BCS bowl could happen someday...but it has to build slowly...with a better attitude.

Fact is...the Bison were quite a bit better than the Gophers. It certainly wasn't an upset. Have you heard a Gopher fan say this?

The Bison beat MN in almost every aspect of the game. The point spread could have been worse. Could have been 44 to 20-something easly. A blowout.

It's ok for you to be proud...but don't insult us by telling us about the tradition of the Big 10. If you come to our board as a guest, and look down your nose at us...you're not promoting the cause of MN athletics. You're taking away from it.

You're also giving crap to people that you sit next to at Twins, Vikings, Wild, and T-Wolves games. We're a big part of the fan base...just so ya know.

4mcruenomore
09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Hahaha, what a douche. Go back to gopherhole before I give you more red chicklets.

Herd
09-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I also feel the NDSU fans need to respect the fans of the stadium you are sitting in. You cheer for your team, you cheer your guts out, but show some respect to the other team. While I saw that happening most of the time, I was ashamed at a few things I saw. Put yourself in the shoes of a bison fan sitting in Fargo losing to Duluth, or something like that. There is such a thing as being a good and respectful winner.

tjbison
09-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I also feel the NDSU fans need to respect the fans of the stadium you are sitting in. You cheer for your team, you cheer your guts out, but show some respect to the other team. While I saw that happening most of the time, I was ashamed at a few things I saw. Put yourself in the shoes of a bison fan sitting in Fargo losing to Duluth, or something like that. There is such a thing as being a good and respectful winner.

True this^^^^^^^^

in 2007 I had a great time with the gopher fans, threw a couple friendly jabs but never, never degraded them

Rockbear99
09-25-2011, 02:18 PM
This is a typical Gopher fan reaction to any loss or losing season. I call it 'Sid' logic. In the world of Sid...we would beat USC by 11 points...lol

I taught in Hutchinson, MN for several years and was a legitimate Gophers fan. I'll date myself by saying that I went to games when Kevin McHale, Corky Taylor, Michael Thompson, Ray Williams, and other greats were huge stars in the barn. I loved it. And I used to cheer my guts out for the football team too.

When the TOTAL disrespect from Gopherville came our way in 2006 (about the state and its people)...I lost all respect for the fan base at MN. Obviously it's not everyone...but you are one example.

North Dakota State and its conference members are outstanding institutions of higher learning. And yes...we have other sports in true DI...just like UDU.

As long as the MN rationalization machine continues...the frustration will continue. When MN is able to say..."they were simply better than us"...the program will see real progress. Maybe Coach Kill can teach people how to think about it. Glen Mason didn't deserve to be fired. He was a scapegoat. He brought you to a few decent bowl games. That's about as good as it will get at MN. A BCS bowl could happen someday...but it has to build slowly...with a better attitude.

Fact is...the Bison were quite a bit better than the Gophers. It certainly wasn't an upset. Have you heard a Gopher fan say this?

The Bison beat MN in almost every aspect of the game. The point spread could have been worse. Could have been 44 to 20-something easly. A blowout.

It's ok for you to be proud...but don't insult us by telling us about the tradition of the Big 10. If you come to our board as a guest, and look down your nose at us...you're not promoting the cause of MN athletics. You're taking away from it.

You're also giving crap to people that you sit next to at Twins, Vikings, Wild, and T-Wolves games. We're a big part of the fan base...just so ya know. I was going to say the same thing just a little shorter like KISS MY FAT HAIRY ASS but yours sounds a little better. LOL

WYOBISONMAN
09-25-2011, 02:41 PM

This is a very good point. We all need to remember those transition years when no one was scheduling NDSU, the University of Minnesota scheduled us in many sports. They have been a damn good neighbor during our transition and during that transition gave us the opportunity to play some of the most memorable games in Bison history. For that, I will always have the highest level of respect for Joel Maturi and the University of Minnesota.

4mcruenomore
09-25-2011, 02:47 PM

I have been in the dome when we were losing and have seen us being disrespected.

56BISON73
09-25-2011, 02:55 PM

Very well said!

One needs to be Humble in victory and Gracious in defeat. Regardless if you were playing IN the game or were in the stands as a fan.

tjbison
09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I have been in the dome when we were losing and have seen us being disrespected.

But why drop yourself and the image of our program to that level......let them be if you ignore them they will go away if you acknowledge it just fuels the fire.

4mcruenomore
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
But why drop yourself and the image of our program to that level......let them be if you ignore them they will go away if you acknowledge it just fuels the fire.

I didn't know me calling a gopher fan a douche on bisonville would drop the image of our program. I wasn't even at the game, so you can't say I disrespected anybody on the field or in the crowd. It's college sports, people are passionate, people dis each other back and forth. Get over it.

56BISON73
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I didn't know me calling a gopher fan a douche on bisonville would drop the image of our program. I wasn't even at the game, so you can't say I disrespected anybody on the field or in the crowd. It's college sports, people are passionate, people dis each other back and forth. Get over it.

Thats the problem. There isnt any reason for it unless its in good fun. But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason. I dont give a shit if you are passionate about your team. There is no reason to be an ass just because you are a fan.

WYOBISONMAN
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM

Bullshit.....that is just being a lousy sport.

4mcruenomore
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Thats the problem. There isnt any reason for it unless its in good fun. But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason. I dont give a shit if you are passionate about your team. There is no reason to be an ass just because you are a fan.

I don't understand what I have done to get called an asshole and sworn at. I hardly even posted on the game at all, in the game thread, or anywhere. Sorry if I offended anyone, wow.

4mcruenomore
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Bullshit.....that is just being a lousy sport.

Why the fuck are you guys ripping me apart? I don't get it.

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM

I taught in Hutchinson, MN for several years and was a legitimate Gophers fan. I'll date myself by saying that I went to games when Kevin McHale, Corky Taylor, Michael Thompson, Ray Williams, and other greats were huge stars in the barn. I loved it. .

God knows I wrote the book on that. But, on the plus side, I've saved a crapload on booze and rufies.

Twentysix
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Typical gopher fan.. talk smack talk smack talk smack leave early. The guys behind us were fun until halftime then they got really pissy and I quit giving them high fives on good gopher plays. They decided it was a good idea to threaten "shanking" ndsu fans....

Still never met better fans than Montana state. Those are some nice and classy fans, when losing and winning. Fun to joke with during the game too. Tcf is nice but why did they skimp on seating??? I mean if you spend 250 mil might as well put in seats.....

56BISON73
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't understand what I have done to get called an asshole and sworn at. I hardly even posted on the game at all, in the game thread, or anywhere. Sorry if I offended anyone, wow.

I didnt call YOU an asshole. Asshole was used in a generic form as ---(if you re-read my post) --""But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason.""--read SOME PEOPLE. Now if you see yourself in that post I wont bear bear that cross. Thats all on you.

BlueBisonRock
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
There is no need to jump on 4M for his comments in this thread. The individual he referenced was very onesided and disrespectful of all on this board with his arrogant comments in this and other threads. Imagine, we (good ole BV) are more ignorant than compressed and baked clay (aka dumber than bricks) for making the case that his prognosticating a greater than ten point loss by the Bison was not well thought out. Then this individual returns to BV whining and crying. I have no (zero, nada, nil, zilch) sympathy or willingness to listen to the self annointed playground and internet mouths when they continuously play the arrogance card. For this reason, 4M, this Dew is for you.

tjbison
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM

Wasnt pointing it towards anything on here 4m, just saying if a douche from another team is bashing you/NDSU at the Dome just ignore them and dont fuel the fire thats all I meant. Nothing towards you man!!

IzzyFlexion
09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Regarding Gopher fan conduct.....I was very fortunate to sit sit by a couple of fantastic younger guys (mid 30s??) who couldn't have been nicer, and respectful of our boys.
A real pleasure to go back and forth with them during the game. As soon as the final horn sounded they each promtly extended a handshake of congratulations. (season ticket holders)

tjbison
09-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Regarding Gopher fan conduct.....I was very fortunate to sit sit by a couple of fantastic younger guys (mid 30s??) who couldn't have been nicer, and respectful of our boys.
A real pleasure to go back and forth with them during the game. As soon as the final horn sounded they each promtly extended a handshake of congratulations. (season ticket holders)

Had the exact same encounter in 07, older fellows though, but I was in the center of the Gopher season ticket faithful and all were really nice

CivilBison96
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I too had a season ticket holder (sitting in the $90 seats near the 50) sitting in front of me who was very respectful and complimentary of our team (disclaimer: his daughter is a freshman at NDSU). Also the family to my right was very classy other than that I was surrounded by Bison fans who were passionate but respectful. Very enjoyable game!

On a side not is there a more "Cheesy/Hokey" cheer/song than the "Rouser"?

EndZoneQB
09-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I noticed Wahlo was blocking WELL all game long. Just watching the replay, he ran over to the hole and took on a linebacker. That's playing as a team.

TateMosersneighbor
09-26-2011, 01:30 AM

Valid point. I'd like to know why a few MN fans turned around and flipped us off before the game even started. Double barrel flip off too, not the nice flip off. Another guy asked me about who've we've played and was condascending as hell...until he asked me if this was our first "real" test of the year and I replied that next weekend would be our first real test.

That shut him up for awhile at least.

4mcruenomore
09-26-2011, 01:35 AM
I didnt call YOU an asshole. Asshole was used in a generic form as ---(if you re-read my post) --""But of course some people are just assholes for no good reason.""--read SOME PEOPLE. Now if you see yourself in that post I wont bear bear that cross. Thats all on you.

I don't understand you at all. If anyone should clean up their conduct by cutting down the "father like" role it's you.

heckler
09-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Sorry to say but most gopher fans are arrogant even beyond being assholish.

GRAFTONBISON
09-26-2011, 04:13 AM
My Gopher fan experiences last night.....

1. Fan behind me asks me to sit down during the 2nd third down of the game. Told him "no". Found out from my wife today that he proceeded to say "F you". Ended up moving to the next section over later in the quarter and proudly stood and cheered every defensive 3rd and 4th down the entire game.

2. During a break in the game, I turned around to take a picture of the rest of our group about 10 rows behind amongst the large Bison contingency in our section. A Gopher fan (I am assuming Dave Hakstol's son??) stood up and flipped me off the entire time.

3. Starting the fourth quarter the fan right in front of me starts mocking our players being from Gwinner, ND, etc. and made a comment about "the Super Bowl" to his wife about 1000 times. After Jastrom missed the field goal he turned around and said "well, I guess you guys haven't won your Super Bowl yet". He ran out so fast after Marcus' interception return, I couldn't help but laugh.

Overall, not impressed by the Gopher fans around us, but had a great time yesterday. No voice today, but it is well worth it.

Now to keep it rolling into conference play and take it one game at a time.

BisonAccountant44
09-26-2011, 04:55 AM
I too had a season ticket holder (sitting in the $90 seats near the 50) sitting in front of me who was very respectful and complimentary of our team (disclaimer: his daughter is a freshman at NDSU). Also the family to my right was very classy other than that I was surrounded by Bison fans who were passionate but respectful. Very enjoyable game!

On a side not is there a more "Cheesy/Hokey" cheer/song than the "Rouser"?

No, but when it takes most of their 4 years at "The U" to learn how to spell Minnesota what can you expect! :hide:;)