PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming!!

BigBison
09-25-2011, 04:16 AM
ITs gonna be NUTS get your TICKETS!!!!!

Bison03
09-25-2011, 05:34 AM
Homecoming + Minnesota win + conference opener + 3-0 = 19,000 Bison fans at the dome next Saturday.

HandoEX
09-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Can't fricken wait! This game will be huge...the bandwagon is filling fast!

Hammersmith
09-25-2011, 05:46 AM
33 tickets left on the sidelines, not counting the visitor's section. No seats open in the lower endzone. Upper endzones filled to the double letters at least. Big student turnout due to the MN win plus homecoming.

Oh yeah, it's going to be a sellout. Probably going to make the top 10; good chance for the top 5. If we're undefeated going into UNI, that game is going to be nuts. Halloween weekend, even.

BisonTeacher
09-25-2011, 06:48 AM
I will be there. We are on the 50 but row JJ. Oh well. Can't win them all.

tjbison
09-25-2011, 12:48 PM
There shouldn't be an empty seat in the house

Gully
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
So how quickly will this sell out?

roadwarrior
09-25-2011, 09:45 PM
So how quickly will this sell out?

monday?......

North Side
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Can't afford to have a let down game after the big win, need to regroup and focus! Should be a great game can't wait! I will be getting my student ticket 1st thing Monday at 8AM!!

ndbj52
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

BisonBabe
09-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

Gonna be a long week of work.....

EmeraldCityBison
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Gobison.com is showing only 154 tickets left for Homecoming. And they're all in the visitor section. Nice!

Strommer10
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Gobison.com is showing only 154 tickets left for Homecoming. And they're all in the visitor section. Nice!
Any news on student tickets left? I know it will be sold out, it's just a matter of time.

westnodak93bison
09-27-2011, 01:37 AM
I love Homecoming but I absolutely hate the 1pm start time. Kind of takes the nice part of the day away from tailgating. Maybe we should just tailgate before and after the game.

MNLonghorn10
09-27-2011, 01:43 AM
I love Homecoming but I absolutely hate the 1pm start time. Kind of takes the nice part of the day away from tailgating. Maybe we should just tailgate before and after the game.
sorry, but im a fan of the time for selfish reasons.

ill be home in time to see some GREAT primetime games, alabama @ florida on cbs primetime and nebraska @ wisconsin on abc primetime.

also texas play @ iowa st on fx @ 6 so i can see some horns beatdown action too!

update on the tix...just had to get 2 in the upper ez for gf...in the like 10 minutes or so of reserving tix, they seats moved down like 6 seats so theyll be gone on the ez's...probably by tomorrow.

JSUBison
09-27-2011, 01:45 AM

Down to 129.

ndsubison1
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
im guessing they will release an additional 200-300 more students tickets

Bison"FANatic"
09-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Looks like about 60 left on the sidelines as they must have opened up some upper rows of section 19 and still a few in the visitor section. Tickets are high but centered. Endzones must be gone.

HerdBot
09-27-2011, 04:01 PM
30 tickets left in the visitors section left. Thats it. I heard student tickets are gone too. They usually release a few extras Wed or Thurs but I think they already did. The visitors give back any unused seats and they have a few they keep for teammakers much like the Gophers released the last week. They also sell standing room only for the corners. Should be on sale soon.

TICKET EXCHANGE!

HerdBot
09-27-2011, 06:01 PM
They released some extra tickets in section 20 and 21... that means we have 42 tickets left in the entire dome plus the returned visitor seats! This team deserves a massive crowd.

344Johnson
09-27-2011, 06:18 PM
30 tickets left in the visitors section left. Thats it. I heard student tickets are gone too. They usually release a few extras Wed or Thurs but I think they already did. The visitors give back any unused seats and they have a few they keep for teammakers much like the Gophers released the last week. They also sell standing room only for the corners. Should be on sale soon.

TICKET EXCHANGE!

Confirmed, my friend tried at 11 this morning and was 236 on the wait list. Could the dome get louder than the Sam Houston State game( aka Walker to Heckendorf in front of the student section!)

Bison"FANatic"
09-27-2011, 07:17 PM
And STANDING ROOM ONLY is all that is left. Is it Saturday yet?????????

Strommer10
09-27-2011, 07:30 PM
And STANDING ROOM ONLY is all that is left. Is it Saturday yet?????????
Good news! If we release quite a few SRO tickets and maybe a few extra student tickets, we could set the record! :)

roadwarrior
09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Good news! If we release quite a few SRO tickets and maybe a few extra student tickets, we could set the record! :)

Where would these extra student tickets be located? They have sold all of the seats with chairs. The only time in the past where extra student tickets were released was when general admission tickets were not sold out.

SDbison
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Has the Fargodome ever thought about buying some stock or custom built aluminum bench seating to place in the corners? Even though most seats would have partial blocked view it would be better than standing and more people could fit in each corner. A view of the jumbo video screens also helps minimize the effect of the blocked view of the field. And don't say fire code is the problem. Give me a break. The Fargodome empties faster than most any venue I have been to (and I have attended at least a 100 different ones in my lifetime). 300 in each corner gets capacity very close to 20,000.

HerdBot
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Has the Fargodome ever thought about buying some stock or custom built aluminum bench seating to place in the corners? Even though most seats would have partial blocked view it would be better than standing and more people could fit in each corner. A view of the jumbo video screens also helps minimize the effect of the blocked view of the field. And don't say fire code is the problem. Give me a break. The Fargodome empties faster than most any venue I have been to (and I have attended at least a 100 different ones in my lifetime). 300 in each corner gets capacity very close to 20,000.

That would be a good idea. Seems like this happens a couple of times per year. Other teams, like SDSU, put end zone bleachers in for big games. Why are we any different? I'm sure they could design them good and angle them too. They could add a TV on the ledge too. Would probably be a smart investment.

How many standing room tickets are they selling right now??

What about a multi level balcony??

TheBisonator
09-27-2011, 09:31 PM
That would be a good idea. Seems like this happens a couple of times per year. Other teams, like SDSU, put end zone bleachers in for big games. Why are we any different? I'm sure they could design them good and angle them too. They could add a TV on the ledge too. Would probably be a smart investment.

How many standing room tickets are they selling right now??

What about a multi level balcony??

I think sometime in the future they should tear down the west roof slope over the west grandstand, rebuild a new roof portion flattened flush with the center of the roof, build new structure additions behind the west grandstand and build a second deck above that with maybe 20 rows. The capacity would then increase to something like 23,000.

westnodak93bison
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM

I doubt fire code is an issue when more it seats more for a concert.

westnodak93bison
09-27-2011, 11:46 PM
I think sometime in the future they should tear down the west roof slope over the west grandstand, rebuild a new roof portion flattened flush with the center of the roof, build new structure additions behind the west grandstand and build a second deck above that with maybe 20 rows. The capacity would then increase to something like 23,000.

Good idea now all we need is to beg for donors again

4mcruenomore
09-28-2011, 12:07 AM
We could save money by having Orygun draw up the plans!!

Twentysix
09-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Good idea now all we need is to beg for donors again

Screw that .25% sales tax increas for 5 years :P

The fargodome is not NDSU's. Anything that is done to make it better should be financed mostly by the city imo.

Strommer10
09-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Screw that .25% sales tax increas for 5 years :P

The fargodome is not NDSU's. Anything that is done to make it better should be financed mostly by the city imo.

This is why it will probably never happen.

Twentysix
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM

Oh I totally agree.

The only way we get a better stadium is if NDSU builds it. I am not a fan of making a rental property awesome.

Hammersmith
09-28-2011, 01:44 AM
I really believe it will happen, but not for another 20+ years. The people of Fargo won't consider it until flood protection is paid for and those sales taxes have expired. By that time, Fargo will have outgrown the dome and be faced with a choice: Stay in a facility that's too small for the metro, build a brand new facility and be stuck with two similar in purpose structures, or rebuild the FD to serve the current and future needs. I think the city will choose the last option. It will be a massive rebuild(basically creating a new building around the current one), but I think it might be the best option. The FD will be around 50 years old at that point, so it would need significant work anyway.

EndZoneQB
09-28-2011, 03:22 AM

That's because all of the exterior walls are doors lol

bisonsupporter
09-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a 30,000 capacity BisonDome.

TAILG8R
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM

I believe they already have equipment they could do this with. Problem is that for every row you go up you go about 3 ft or so back. I think each section is 8 ft wide by 3 ft deep. My question is how far back into the walkway could you go without causing issues there and would that give enough rows of seating to make it worth while.

Twentysix
09-29-2011, 12:25 AM
I believe they already have equipment they could do this with. Problem is that for every row you go up you go about 3 ft or so back. I think each section is 8 ft wide by 3 ft deep. My question is how far back into the walkway could you go without causing issues there and would that give enough rows of seating to make it worth while.

Artifical grass hill's in each corner for people to sit on.

Bring the outdoors indoors :P.

(This is a joke, any replies taking this seriously will probably be trolled)

TAILG8R
09-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Artifical grass hill's in each corner for people to sit on.

Bring the outdoors indoors :P.

(This is a joke, any replies taking this seriously will probably be trolled)

Are you suggesting grassy knolls?

Twentysix
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5071/attendancerecord.png

Siouxfallsbison
09-29-2011, 03:41 PM
That is awsome. I will be in line at 6:45 to tailgate. What is the record attendance at the FargoDome?

Twentysix
09-29-2011, 04:03 PM
That is awsome. I will be in line at 6:45 to tailgate. What is the record attendance at the FargoDome?

19 053