PDA

View Full Version : Three Keys to Bison-Gophers; BI.com

DjKyRo
09-23-2011, 04:39 PM
http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=709

With what little time remains slowly ticking away before the game between the North Dakota State Bison and Minnesota Golden Gophers kicks off, strategies for each team to optimize their success on the football field begin to emerge as the anticipation comes to a head for one of the biggest games on the NDSU docket.

For the Bison, the team's blue-collar game plan of a strong rushing attack and stern defense is tailor-made for big-game upsets, controlling the line of scrimmage and, consequently, the time of possession should the trench war fall the way of NDSU on either side of the ball. Here are three more in-depth keys to a Bison victory Saturday night.

Not included: #4, score more points than the other team.

ndsubison1
09-23-2011, 05:23 PM
All good points. My 3 keys: 1. Contain Gray (make him pass) 2. Establish passing game 3. Redzone defense
also create turnovers

tcbison
09-23-2011, 06:11 PM
All good points. My 3 keys: 1. Contain Gray (make him pass) 2. Establish passing game 3. Redzone defense
also create turnovers

I would also say if we decide to kick FGs we need to make them! Both the 2006 and 2007 game this was a big issue.

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Contain Gray and the best way to do this will be for our O to keep him off the field. Time of possession will be key and we need to win it.

Turnovers are another key point we can't give them up. We can win without getting them but we cannot give the ball away.