PDA

View Full Version : UND Vs. FBS question

344Johnson
09-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Over on Siouxsports some of them have said that they will be pulling for the Herd this weekend. This seemed really interesting to me. Under no circumstance do I ever cheer for UND in anything...much less football which was the one sport where the rivalry was mean and ugly. I am curious what you guys would do/have done in your policy when UND plays FBS teams.

Twentysix
09-22-2011, 04:42 PM
It is usually a slight game of interest.

During fresno I was very torn inside, I kinda wanted them to win, kinda wanted aleins to abduct all players on the field.

bisonmike2
09-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't cheer for them, but I'm guessing for alot of them, they hate MN for it's hockey team more then NDSU's football team. Probably moreso since we haven't played them in football for quite a while and they are still playing the Gophers every year in hockey.

344Johnson
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Was at a party tonight...out of nowhere at the pong table, some dude gets "On the plains of North Dakota" song going....everyone at the party started singing along...it got me jacked up. GO BISON!!!!

NDSUstudent
09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I just can't cheer for them, at best I'm indifferent.

duluthbison
09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Sioux fans are cheering for us because 1. We are from North Dakota 2. It's Minnesota - Sioux fans hate minnesota!

WYOBISONMAN
09-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I deffinitely wanted to see them beat Fresno. It would have been a nice victory over a FBS school. I would also like very much to see them thump Montana hard. I don't care for the Griz.....

CivilBison96
09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I cannot cheer for the Whioux, it is my wish that they would lose ALL the time in EVERY sport!

BisonBabe
09-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I am very torn on this as I always want to see all ND athletes present themselves well on the national stage. But there have been some very arrogant attitudes from a few UND fans that have caused me to be less inclined to cheer for them in any sport. Years back I would cheer them on except when they played us same as I now do for SDSU. I have often found my self cheering for a tie if that is possible. :)

coldspot
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I cheer for the Bison and whoever is playing UND, unless their (moral)victory benefits the Bison in someway OR they're playing the goofs, in which case I cheer for the refs.

AjaxTheMighty
09-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I, under no circumstances, cheer for the Whioux!
I could not, would not, on a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat. (more of a Montana Griz thing there)
I will not like them in the rain.
I will not like them on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like them in a box.
I do not like them with a fox.
I will not cheer for them in a house.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them ANYWHERE!!

devin45k
09-24-2011, 12:46 AM
I cheer for UND to get blown out every game

semobison
09-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I was watching the Fresno State game, and when UND was down by 14, I found myself pulling for them. After UND took the lead late in the game, I started pulling for Fresno! I figured if they won we would never hear the end of it! I guess I dont mind UND, but I really dislike their fans!

Strommer10
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I cheer for UND to get blown out every game
I, in no way, will ever cheer for UND. It's just how it is. The hatred runs way too deep :smh:
I can cheer for SDSU, USD, UNI when they play other than against us of course.

TheBisonator
09-28-2011, 12:57 AM
I must admit the following:

In 2001, when UND was playing for the DII championship (I had not yet completely decided to go to NDSU, and this was before UND's douchebag behaviour towards NDSU for moving DI), my brother and I were cheering HEAVILY for the Sue to win that game. I thought it was one of the coolest things ever that they won it. Of course I knew about NDSU's 8 championships at that time, but still I was cheering for UND.

By the time the sun set on the year 2003, I had seriously started to detest UND for all their crap behaviour towards us the previous couple years.

onbison09
09-28-2011, 01:36 AM
I would never cheer for a rival and I don't begrudge them for cheering against us.

BigBison
09-28-2011, 03:47 AM
I think I would MAYBE cheer for UND over Northern Iowa. Never experienced a bison-sioux game, and I really HATE UNI. Actually I would cheer for the refs in that game.

siouxdgj
09-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I, in no way, will ever cheer for UND. It's just how it is. The hatred runs way too deep :smh:
I can cheer for SDSU, USD, UNI when they play other than against us of course.

I can understand and appreciate the honesty of this response. Regarding NDSU's win over the Golden Gophers, I think the Bison victory was good for UND as well, especially since a number of fans confuse the two major North Dakota universities. Some likely always will.

Tatanka
09-29-2011, 12:20 AM
I can understand and appreciate the honesty of this response. Regarding NDSU's win over the Golden Gophers, I think the Bison victory was good for UND as well, especially since a number of fans confuse the two major North Dakota universities. Some likely always will.

But not the voting members of the FCS Coaches Poll, right?

siouxdgj
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
But not the voting members of the FCS Coaches Poll, right?

For all we know, maybe the FCS coaches aren't always the ones doing the voting; maybe it's been delegated to some staff person. Again, who knows? It is hard to figure out some apparent discrepanies at times.

tojo70
09-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I must admit the following:

In 2001, when UND was playing for the DII championship (I had not yet completely decided to go to NDSU, and this was before UND's douchebag behaviour towards NDSU for moving DI), my brother and I were cheering HEAVILY for the Sue to win that game. I thought it was one of the coolest things ever that they won it. Of course I knew about NDSU's 8 championships at that time, but still I was cheering for UND.

By the time the sun set on the year 2003, I had seriously started to detest UND for all their crap behaviour towards us the previous couple years.

I used to cheer for the Sioux except when they played the Bison. But like you, that changed with the way they mocked us for going DI. It was really pathetic the way the did that. It also didn't help that loud mouth Big Eddy got them (sioux fans) riled up by talking about it on his radio show. I heard him go on and on at how stupid of a move it was, and that NDSU was going to fall flat on their faces.

BlueBisonRock
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I used to cheer for the Sioux except when they played the Bison. But like you, that changed with the way they mocked us for going DI. It was really pathetic the way the did that. It also didn't help that loud mouth Big Eddy got them (sioux fans) riled up by talking about it on his radio show. I heard him go on and on at how stupid of a move it was, and that NDSU was going to fall flat on their faces.

Eddie still demonstrates that stupidity.

This is not intended as a statement towards his position, rather as an observation regarding how he presents his position.

bri-dog
09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
UND fans have mocked NDSU forever; long before the D1 move. I don't have a problem with a good sports rivalry; I may even root for UNI or SDSU in certain circumstances.

The thing that really chaps my hide is the Moo U/Silo Tech shit. They've been doing that forever, and I'm not a big fan of belittling the people who put food on your table. There are a few good people who post on here, and I kinda like the good natured smack. However, the other stuff means I will never root for UND. Ever. Yeah, I grew up on a farm.:fight:

aces1180
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
UND fans have mocked NDSU forever; long before the D1 move. I don't have a problem with a good sports rivalry; I may even root for UNI or SDSU in certain circumstances.

The thing that really chaps my hide is the Moo U/Silo Tech shit. They've been doing that forever, and I'm not a big fan of belittling the people who put food on your table. There are a few good people who post on here, and I kinda like the good natured smack. However, the other stuff means I will never root for UND. Ever. Yeah, I grew up on a farm.:fight:

Like I said in a different thread...They always make fun of Ag, yet they have a game called the Potato Bowl...Der duh der!

MN_BISON
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM

Would the bolded section above also apply to pizza drivers? Say a certain pizza boy in Fargo who cheers for teh U of NoDak? :innocent:

fargocyclone
09-29-2011, 11:10 PM

From verse two of the alma mater:

Here in autumn throng the nations,
Just to gather in the spoil,
Throng on freight-cars from the cities,
Some to feast and some to toil,
Then the yellow grain flows eastward
And the yellow gold flows back;
Barren cities boast their plenty
And the prairies know no lack.