PDA

View Full Version : Costco To West Fargo

Bison bison
09-09-2011, 09:51 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/333332/

Elite
09-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I've never been to a Costco before; how closely does Costco compare to a Sams Club? Do people generally feel one is better than the other?

bisonmike2
09-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I've never been to a Costco before; how closely does Costco compare to a Sams Club? Do people generally feel one is better than the other?

Prices and selection are pretty close but Costco sends out a monthly coupon book to it's members and you can get some really good deals through that. Also Costco's return policy is pretty sweet. They'll pretty much take anything back on return. And in my opinion the bakery goods are Costco are > Sam's Club.

EndZoneQB
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Prices and selection are pretty close but Costco sends out a monthly coupon book to it's members and you can get some really good deals through that. Also Costco's return policy is pretty sweet. They'll pretty much take anything back on return. And in my opinion the bakery goods are Costco are > Sam's Club.

Costco, IMO, is the Target of the warehouse stores.

Tatanka
09-09-2011, 07:15 PM

This.

And IMHO competition here is good for the consumer.

roadwarrior
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I wonder if they will offer free memberships when they first open here, like they did with their first store in the Twin Cities (St Louis Park)?

bisonmike2
09-09-2011, 08:01 PM

That's a pretty good analogy. Costco always seemed cleaner to me and the customer service was always better. I'm sure Costco probably pays their employees better, they always appeared to me to be happier.

http://travelingtexan.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/idiocracy_costco.jpg

OrygunBison
09-09-2011, 09:32 PM
The architecture firm that does most Costcos in the world (almost all of them) is my former employer, MulvannyG2 Architecture. The founder, Doug Mulvanny, is an NDSU grad from way back. There are several NDSU grads working there in multiple offices. That account is handled primarily through the Bellevue, WA office. The firm used to send me back to Fargo for the career fair at NDSU every once in awhile. We were there every year but the trip was passed around to different employees every year.

From what I can tell, Costco's business and social practices are light years better than Walmart/Sam's. There are very good people high up in the company that truly care about their employees and the cities that they move in to.

Bison bison
09-09-2011, 10:23 PM
There are very good people high up in the company that truly care about their employees and the cities that they move in to.

And Walmart doesn't?

What a pile of sh#t.

There is this same snobbery with Target.

The salaries and benefits are the same. Costco's are higher because it's union.

OrygunBison
09-09-2011, 10:28 PM
And Walmart doesn't?

What a pile of sh#t.

There is this same snobbery with Target.

The salaries and benefits are the same. Costco's are higher because it's union.

While I don't agree with your opinion (and the facts speak otherwise as well), perhaps I could persuade you to support Costco because of the jobs the company directly connects to NDSU grads, eh?

Bison bison
09-10-2011, 01:51 AM
yeah and walmart has never hired an ndsu grad.

i'm a fan of cosco, but the anti-walmart stuff is a joke.

OrygunBison
09-10-2011, 03:53 AM

Who pissed in your Cheerios? If you ever want to have a civil conversation about it, I'd love to see your point of view. I'm certainly biased based on my somewhat remote connection. I have also been part of some specific real estate dealings that concerned Walmart property that give me a little insight on corporate practices in that arena. Again, that perspective is fairly narrow and through my biased view...but at least it isn't just a re-hashed rant from the Starbucks faithful.

For what it is worth, my former employer also does Target stores throughout the country. There's a similar patter to the sentiment, you're right.

EndZoneQB
09-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Who pissed in your Cheerios? If you ever want to have a civil conversation about it, I'd love to see your point of view. I'm certainly biased based on my somewhat remote connection. I have also been part of some specific real estate dealings that concerned Walmart property that give me a little insight on corporate practices in that arena. Again, that perspective is fairly narrow and through my biased view...but at least it isn't just a re-hashed rant from the Starbucks faithful.

For what it is worth, my former employer also does Target stores throughout the country. There's a similar patter to the sentiment, you're right.

I'm curious to hear his WalMart defenses as well...

bisonmike2
09-10-2011, 03:09 PM

My argument against wal-mart.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

OrygunBison
09-11-2011, 02:20 AM
I get his core point. It is trendy to hate Malwart. There are a ton of people that spout their dribble without really knowing anything other than what they overheard while drinking their latte. That crap really gets old. That's the same way our politics are failing in this country. No substance but rather chasing what's popular.

EndZoneQB
09-11-2011, 03:30 AM
I get his core point. It is trendy to hate Malwart. There are a ton of people that spout their dribble without really knowing anything other than what they overheard while drinking their latte. That crap really gets old. That's the same way our politics are failing in this country. No substance but rather chasing what's popular.

Yeah, good point. I grew up around the grocery business so I know nothing of what is wrong with walmart. I mean, I can't see anything wrong with the company or their strategy..they are here for the country and are great for business worldwide!!!

EVERYONE SHOP AT WALMART, THEY ARE NOT EVIL, THEY ARE THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP IN THE COUNTRY!

MNLonghorn10
09-11-2011, 04:29 AM
f that. im goin to kmart

aces1180
09-12-2011, 01:37 AM
f that. im goin to kmart

We have Pamida in Bemidji!

Tatanka
09-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Lisbon Alco FTW

BadlandsBison
09-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Lisbon Alco FTW

:rofl: :rofl:

chuckles
09-12-2011, 03:45 AM
ALDI's anyone!?

Tatanka
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
ALDI's anyone!?

:rofl: IN!

bisonmike2
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
We have Pamida in Bemidji!

fun fact. Pamida's name comes from the first names of it's 3 founders.

Pat, Mike and Dan.

I don't know how I know that, I just do. I would always say, "Hey, let's go to Pat, Mike and Dan's."

Shopko FTW!

mebisonII
09-12-2011, 02:44 PM
fun fact. Pamida's name comes from the first names of it's 3 founders.

Pat, Mike and Dan.

I don't know how I know that, I just do. I would always say, "Hey, let's go to Pat, Mike and Dan's."

Shopko FTW!

Minor correction:

Pat, Mike and Dave

bisonmike2
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Minor correction:

Pat, Mike and Dave

I stand corrected. Thanks.

MNLonghorn10
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
kmarts too expensive. goin to savers

Twentysix
09-13-2011, 02:34 PM
kmarts too expensive. goin to savers

Make sure to get the 99c shoes that come with free vomit. I have a switch from savers that still works to this day. it was the color of the day when i bought it. :D

The_Sicatoka
09-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Lisbon Alco FTW

I see your Alco in Lisbon and raise you the West Main in Valley City "daily double": Pamida and Family Dollar

Tatanka
09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I see your Alco in Lisbon and raise you the West Main in Valley City "daily double": Pamida and Family Dollar

:D

I see your daily double and raise you the Alerus Center.

MNLonghorn10
09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
:D

I see your daily double and raise you the Alerus Center.

winner, i love getting 2011 und national hockey champion tshirts, 10 for a buck there