PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous 1984 Championship Game vs Troy State

CaBisonFan
09-09-2011, 08:26 AM
It starts near the end of the first half, and then shows the entire second half. Bentrim got hurt in the first half...I think. We were on a good roll...then the injury. Maybe CAS could fill us in on some of the details. Sorry...but I couldn't edit out the commercials.

For you youngins...a win here would have made it 4 of 4 for Bentrim's class.

The longest 8 seconds in the history of ncaa football.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?feature=mhee#p/u/0/RNJXmxm5XVY

SUBISON247
09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
you could use a tee for field goals in those days??

HandoEX
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
The lineman look so small! Thanks for the vid, it's taken over an hour and a half to load at my work pc and I'm only at 1:20. :facepalm:

Edit: That kick would have been good from 65 yards from the look of it. Wow!

westnodak93bison
09-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I couldnt believe he made that damn FG. I bet he couldn't hit 4 of 10 on a regular basis.

bisoningrandforks
09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
I'll never forget it!!!.....was watching the game in Minot at the holiday inn....when the kick was made I had to drown my sorrows.....

scbison91
09-09-2011, 05:40 PM
The Defensive Back for Troy name Mike Haynes, is that same Michael Haynes who played for the Raiders?

sambini
09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
The Defensive Back for Troy name Mike Haynes, is that same Michael Haynes who played for the Raiders?
No he played for Arizona State. I was at this game it was a zoo. Couldn't believe he got that kick off in time. Troy was coached by Chan Gailey who coaches in the NFL with Buffalo Bills now.

OrygunBison
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Pretty good clock management and great poise by Troy State. It has been a really long time since I've seen this. I remember it being somewhat controversial but after watching it again just now, I see nothing wrong. They just did everything right to win the game when it mattered most.

mango
09-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I just skipped to the final drive, but one thing I noticed is that must have been before you could spike the ball to kill the clock.

CaBisonFan
09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Pretty good clock management and great poise by Troy State. It has been a really long time since I've seen this. I remember it being somewhat controversial but after watching it again just now, I see nothing wrong. They just did everything right to win the game when it mattered most.

Make no mistake...Troy had an outstanding football team. At the time it just seemed like time stood still...like how do you get a kicking team on the field and get a kick off in that small amount of time? We lost. Had some bad luck with Bentrim going down. S..t happens.