PDA

View Full Version : TV production on Saturday

HerdBot
09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
The new lights should look great on TV but I really hope they miced the crowd and turn up the volume. Some of these TV games sound like they are playing in a soundless bubble and it makes an exciting game appear lifeless.

yellowstreak
09-10-2011, 01:55 AM
is the game going to be shown on anything besides NDSU All Access nation wide?

moparman
09-10-2011, 02:16 AM
It will be on the North Dakota NBC Network.

JSUBison
09-10-2011, 02:36 AM
It will be on the North Dakota NBC Network.

Does the ND NBC channels have an internet stream, or do I have to put my faith in Gobison/neulion to actually provide the service I pay for?

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Statewide NBC sucks ass. Who cares about out state I guess.

And let me guess, no HD? What a joke.

Bison bison
09-10-2011, 02:55 AM
as long as they replay on thisTV.

CaBisonFan
09-10-2011, 03:03 AM
The new lights should look great on TV but I really hope they miced the crowd and turn up the volume. Some of these TV games sound like they are playing in a soundless bubble and it makes an exciting game appear lifeless.

The new lights...with a green field...bigger logos on the field...and a more bold logo on the helmet would do wonders. It's good...but still lacks a true DI appearance.

I totally agree about the crowd noise. It sounds almost empty until something really big happens.

Mr. Burgundy
09-10-2011, 03:26 AM

Let me guess, you are complaining.

4mcruenomore
09-10-2011, 03:38 AM
So I get to listen to Lee Timmerman? He sucks.

tcbison
09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
as long as they replay on thisTV.

thisTV? What is that?

Twentysix
09-10-2011, 04:49 AM
thisTV? What is that?

Alternate NBC in fargo/gf when the station decides it is. When it is not serving its primary function they play replays of NDSU/Concordia/MSUM games and old shitty movies, and Stargate SG1.

MN_BISON
09-10-2011, 05:30 AM
So I get to listen to Lee Timmerman? He sucks.

My guess is you get to listen to Dan Hammer doing play by play and some former player doing the color call. I don't think you need to worry about Timmerman calling this game.

Notorious
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Let me guess, you are complaining.

AGREED...10 games on TV this year!!!...we'll get better production quality if we continue to put a good product on the field. For now, it's great to be able to see games for those of us who can't get to Fargo often. Ulitmately, new lights, new turf, HD, and better overall production will improve the experience and this will be here sooner than we think. Unless we suck....

yellowstreak
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
are there any websites that will be rebroadcasting the local TV coverage? Idea-One All-Access isn't very reliable.

Twentysix
09-10-2011, 02:16 PM
are there any websites that will be rebroadcasting the local TV coverage? Idea-One All-Access isn't very reliable.

Channelsurfing.ws if you are lucky

semobison
09-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Waaaa! Did somone pee in your cornflakes?

DjKyRo
09-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Considering the other option is to not televise it (because it's not like FSN or ESPN is knocking our door down to pick this game up), would you rather it not be televised for 600,000 people, regardless of their location?

stevdock
09-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Considering the other option is to not televise it (because it's not like FSN or ESPN is knocking our door down to pick this game up), would you rather it not be televised for 600,000 people, regardless of their location?

Exactly some of this complaining on this board about every tiny little thing is getting really irritating. If you can't make it to the game in person you run the risk of it not being on TV. A couple of years ago the SDSU game in Brookings was not on TV. Was I irritated that it wasn't on TV and there was no chance I could go to the game?? Yes, absolutely. Did I complain about it to anyone who would listen?? Absolutely not. I turned on the radio and listened to the very play of the painful game.

KC Bison
09-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I bought the NCAA college football package. I was happy to see a number of the IAA vs IA games last week. However, today I did a little preliminary channel surfing. I was none too pleased to see that the Who vs Idaho game is on today. Do we have to get to the playoffs before we can rate a game on this package?

bisonpride4ever
09-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Idaho has all of their games on ESPN3 no matter who they play.

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes, I am very much complaining. We live in an age where we should always be able to get games on demand if we wish.

I loved the comments about listening on the radio and others about not complaining if you can't go. Can I listen on the radio? No. Can I easily get to home games? No.

Guess what folks, those options don't work for the rest of us. Why not put these on espn3 or something in conjunction with statewide NBC?

North Side
09-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Every game from here on out is on TV.

Minnesota Big Ten Network
Ill. St. North Dakota NBC
Southern Ill. ESPN3
Mizzou St. Midco Sports
SDSU Midco Sports
UNI Fox College Sports
Indiana St. ESPN3
Youngstown St. North Dakota NBC
Western Ill. KXJB local Fargo

has this ever happened before in NDSU historythat every game is Broadcasted at least somewhere?? Not to my knowledge. I think we are slowly.. yes very slowly going in the right direction. To eventually where every NDSU football game will be in HD on local NBC, FSN, ESPN3, or FCS.

tcbison
09-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes, I am very much complaining. We live in an age where we should always be able to get games on demand if we wish.

I loved the comments about listening on the radio and others about not complaining if you can't go. Can I listen on the radio? No. Can I easily get to home games? No.

Guess what folks, those options don't work for the rest of us. Why not put these on espn3 or something in conjunction with statewide NBC?

Every game NDSU has should be on ESPN3. I can get ESPN3 on my Xbox and my cousin has a Wii and he can get can ESPN3 from the web brower on that. Imagine how many more people could access NDSU games if they were on ESPN3.

TheBisonator
09-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I haven't been able to get ANY streamed game today on the computer I'm using. NOT A SINGLE ONE. You guys are lucky.

DjKyRo
09-10-2011, 09:20 PM

So it is a simple choice on the behalf of the NDSU administration that we get these games on networks like ESPN3? And here I thought NDSU wouldn't choose not to televise a game when possible. Go figure.

Seriously. It's not some ploy by NDSU to not have games on big TV networks.

4mcruenomore
09-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Having a game on KXJB local Fargo is a joke.

TheBisonator
09-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Having a game on KXJB local Fargo is a joke.

Um, tonight's game is on Statewide NBC.

yellowstreak
09-10-2011, 09:56 PM

I wish it was on Fox Sports North

Wally
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
The issue I have with the statewide NBC games is that they can't get satellite coordinates to beam to the universe. I hope the MIDCO games will have satellite capabilities.

yellowstreak
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
has anybody tried running All Access on a Wii or a blu-ray player? does it work okay?

4mcruenomore
09-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Yes, I know this, but sometimes the games are just local, not always on statewide NBC, and it doesn't help me out much.

yellowstreak
09-10-2011, 10:10 PM
has anybody tried running All Access on a Wii or a blu-ray player? does it work okay?

bump.......

4mcruenomore
09-10-2011, 10:11 PM
bump.......

Probably depends if it works at all

MontBison
09-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Linky for a brotha in Montana?

coloradobison
09-10-2011, 10:58 PM
trying to get into the video now...nothing yet...buffering or something.

A1pigskin
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
The game was exciting to watch. The NBC Network did a fine job. Thanks to all that made it happen.

HerdBot
09-12-2011, 01:44 AM
I DVR the game. It looks brighter but it still looks like shit. For the love of God, can those cheap bastards at Hoek Media go out and get some HD cameras? Seriously the Monday Night Football crew couldn't make the dome look good with those cameras.

Hammer was good. Loved the tailgating camera work. I liked the countdown and intro. Audio was a little better

tjbison
09-12-2011, 01:52 AM
I DVR the game. It looks brighter but it still looks like shit. For the love of God, can those cheap bastards at Hoek Media go out and get some HD cameras? Seriously the Monday Night Football crew couldn't make the dome look good with those cameras.

Hammer was good. Loved the tailgating camera work. I liked the countdown and intro. Audio was a little better

I did the same DVR, watched the USD game from last year and then this game and there is a HUGE difference. UNI game should look sweet

Bison bison
09-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I DVR the game.

Good job Ug.

HerdBot
09-12-2011, 02:15 AM
I did the same DVR, watched the USD game from last year and then this game and there is a HUGE difference. UNI game should look sweet

It was a little better than the USD game but its still looks bad. I would say it went from worse to bad. Its all about the cameras. Last years SDSU game looks about the same but they must have real cameras for the Valley game of the week. Now a home playoff game on ESPN will look phenomenal. Interested to see the Midco because that is in HD.

tjbison
09-12-2011, 02:19 AM
It was a little better than the USD game but its still looks bad. I would say it went from worse to bad. Its all about the cameras. Last years SDSU game looks about the same but they must have real cameras for the Valley game of the week. Now a home playoff game on ESPN will look phenomenal. Interested to see the Midco because that is in HD.

I was striclty talking a from a lighting standpoint, the quality was the same crap.

HerdBot
09-12-2011, 02:37 AM
I was striclty talking a from a lighting standpoint, the quality was the same crap.

Agree. Now it looks like a high quality high school production. The good news is were getting better and getting the new turf will help too.

moosbah
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Agree. Now it looks like a high quality high school production. The good news is were getting better and getting the new turf will help too.

The new turf will make a HUGE differnce. Not only will the color be better in every way, but the newer turfs all look like dew covered grass. We'll have the perdiest darn barn on the prairie.

HerdBot
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
The new turf will make a HUGE differnce. Not only will the color be better in every way, but the newer turfs all look like dew covered grass. We'll have the perdiest darn barn on the prairie.

A purdy barn but fuzzy looking. Once you go HD everything looks terrible in standard def. Its like going from color to black and white. It's like using a landline when you can use a cell phone.