PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Expansion discussion (total speculation)

HerdBot
09-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Let's say we follow the trend of having a "super conference" with 12-14 members.

Who would be a good fit to add to the MVFC?
Drake (Des Moines, IA) Already in the Valley for BB. **non scholarship**
Butler (Indianapolis, IN) **assuming up to max scholarships**
Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley)
SE Missouri State (Ohio Valley)

Obviously Butler would be huge for name recognition just having gone to the Championship game in hoops.

Herd
09-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Let's say we follow the trend of having a "super conference" with 12-14 members.

Obviously Butler would be huge for name recognition just having gone to the Championship game in hoops.

Why would Eastern or SEMO leave the Ohio Valley, unless they get a full MVC invite. Why would NDSU want those two to get Valley invites ahead of us? Unless butler or drake add scholies, they do nothing for the MVFC.

Honestly, the best fits that might be happy in the Summit and MVFC would be . . . Und, mankato, duluth, central Mo.

344Johnson
09-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Why would Eastern or SEMO leave the Ohio Valley, unless they get a full MVC invite. Why would NDSU want those two to get Valley invites ahead of us? Unless butler or drake add scholies, they do nothing for the MVFC.

Honestly, the best fits that might be happy in the Summit and MVFC would be . . . Und, mankato, duluth, central Mo.

I'd prefer to snag a team thats D1 already. A team not called UND, they had their chance. Perhaps...well I am not overly familiar with teams in the area that aren't already Summit, MVC, Ohio Valley

abc123
09-08-2011, 03:53 AM
I'd prefer to snag a team thats D1 already. A team not called UND, they had their chance. Perhaps...well I am not overly familiar with teams in the area that aren't already Summit, MVC, Ohio Valley

The MVFC was quite adamant about not adding any teams at all and at the last minute gave an invitation to USD. UND was never invited to join the MVFC and had no reason to think that they were going to be invited. They had no chance to miss. The Big Sky option was the only all sport option on the table. Had the waited to see if the Summit was going to invite them, football still didn't have a home. Good try though.

BadlandsBison
09-08-2011, 04:16 AM
The MVFC was quite adamant about not adding any teams at all and at the last minute gave an invitation to USD. UND was never invited to join the MVFC and had no reason to think that they were going to be invited. They had no chance to miss. The Big Sky option was the only all sport option on the table. Had the waited to see if the Summit was going to invite them, football still didn't have a home. Good try though.

So what you're saying is that the MVFC didn't need und more than und needed the MVFC? :)

NDSUstudent
09-08-2011, 04:21 AM

Wichita State, hopefully one day they bring football back. Outside of them I'd go with Grand Valley State, they could fit into the Summit and they are the only DII school I'd want anything to do with.

344Johnson
09-08-2011, 02:07 PM

I'm referring to a long time ago when NDSU gave UND and USD a chance to move up with us and SDSU. Good try though.

Tatanka
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm referring to a long time ago when NDSU gave UND and USD a chance to move up with us and SDSU. Good try though.

USD was actually on board for this as well. Not so much the doubting Thomases of the world.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm: why?

abc123
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM

This is about who would be a possibility to add to the MVFC. Nothing to do with who moved up when so not sure how that plays in to what you are trying to say. UND has never had an invite to the MVFC. Period. They didn't miss a boat. If you are trying to say that if all four Dakota schools would have moved up together, UND would be in the MVFC, that is pure speculation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but originally didn't the MVFC only want SDSU and took NDSU because SDSU said it was a package deal? If all four schools went together, isn't it most likely MVFC takes SDSU and USD and leaves NDSU and UND behind?

HerdBot
09-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Butler doesn't bring anything to the Valley? It is one of the biggest baskeball names in the country. They played Duke in the National Championship for basketball and have made the post season 8 out of 10 years. They would be one of the largest markets in the conference with Indianapolis. They fit well within the midwestern geography and we already have Indiana State. The Pioneer football conference is similar to the Patriot, as they provide money for athletes but needs based. The problem with the Pioneer is they span the country from California to Florida, to New York. Not much of a confernce. The MVFC would provide them bus trips, which would offset the cost of travel. Whenever you can say your team is playing Butler, it adds to the conference. Heck, Austin Peay left the Pioneeer so it can be done. And besides, they are already D1 in football. Just need some scholarships. The stadium is small at 7500 but has the ability to easily increase.

You mention the following names to the average joe and who is bigger?
Butler
UND

No brainer.

OrygunBison
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Butler doesn't bring anything to the Valley? It is one of the biggest baskeball names in the country. They played Duke in the National Championship for basketball and have made the post season 8 out of 10 years. They would be one of the largest markets in the conference with Indianapolis. They fit well within the midwestern geography and we already have Indiana State. The Pioneer football conference is similar to the Patriot, as they provide money for athletes but needs based. The problem with the Pioneer is they span the country from California to Florida, to New York. Not much of a confernce. The MVFC would provide them bus trips, which would offset the cost of travel. Whenever you can say your team is playing Butler, it adds to the conference. Heck, Austin Peay left the Pioneeer so it can be done. And besides, they are already D1 in football. Just need some scholarships. The stadium is small at 7500 but has the ability to easily increase.

Butler
UND

No brainer.

You were dropped on your head a few times as a baby, weren't you?

Tatanka
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Butler
UND

No brainer.

Yep, got to go with the most popular logo here. It's got to be teh UND.

Hammersmith
09-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Butler
UND

No brainer.
The gulf between the Pioneer and the Patriot/Ivy is a little bigger than you think. One of our Lafayette friends wrote a nice explanation that I'll paraphrase.

1. Regular FCS: These schools provide football aid up to 63 equivalencies. This aid is a line item in the football budget. The aid is distributed by the coaches based on player ability.

2: Patriot/Ivy: These schools provide football aid up to 63 equivalencies. This aid is a line item in the football budget. The aid is distributed by the financial aid department based on player needs.

3: Pioneer: These schools provide no aid for football. The only aid provided to football players is whatever they qualify for academically or financially just like any other student.

Group 3 was created because those schools and a few others were competing in Division I basketball, but DIII everything else. When the NCAA stopped allowing that, those schools were faced with FCS or dropping football. True non-scholarship was the solution they came up with. For all intents and purposes, Butler is a DIII football school with fantastic support facilities and highly paid coaches.

TheBisonator
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Butler did some nice renovations to its stadium too.

http://www.butlersports.com/information/facilities/web-bowl-final-empty.jpg?max_height=533&max_width=800

HerdBot
09-08-2011, 07:14 PM
The gulf between the Pioneer and the Patriot/Ivy is a little bigger than you think. One of our Lafayette friends wrote a nice explanation that I'll paraphrase.

1. Regular FCS: These schools provide football aid up to 63 equivalencies. This aid is a line item in the football budget. The aid is distributed by the coaches based on player ability.

2: Patriot/Ivy: These schools provide football aid up to 63 equivalencies. This aid is a line item in the football budget. The aid is distributed by the financial aid department based on player needs.

3: Pioneer: These schools provide no aid for football. The only aid provided to football players is whatever they qualify for academically or financially just like any other student.

Group 3 was created because those schools and a few others were competing in Division I basketball, but DIII everything else. When the NCAA stopped allowing that, those schools were faced with FCS or dropping football. True non-scholarship was the solution they came up with. For all intents and purposes, Butler is a DIII football school with fantastic support facilities and highly paid coaches.

Good explanation. I think the Pioneer teams are better than we think. A fully funded UND only beat Drake 16-0 and they were very close in yards and first Downs. What could these schools do if they actually provided scholarships? There is plenty of talent in Indianapolis.

Besides, what name sounds more intruiging to a casual fan?

NDSU vs Indiana State
NDSU vs Butler

devin45k
09-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Please no UND, I doubt they would and I would be pissed if they did. I am cool with Butler and Drake but that is about it.

JSUBison
09-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Wichita State, hopefully one day they bring football back. Outside of them I'd go with Grand Valley State, they could fit into the Summit and they are the only DII school I'd want anything to do with.

They have a movement to bring back football, but it never seems to get anywhere. I'd love to see them get it back, and would also like to see UMKC add football (big market) but that will never happen. UNO will regret dropping football in 5-10 years I bet.

IndyBison
09-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Butler did some nice renovations to its stadium too.

http://www.butlersports.com/information/facilities/web-bowl-final-empty.jpg?max_height=533&max_width=800

If you would have seen what they had prior to these renovations you would realize how much nicer it is. They could definitely add more seats in both end zones but the visitor's side is up against fairly new campus housing.

For very selfish reasons I would love to see Butler go to full scholarship in football and move all their sports programs to the Mo Valley. Their program has definitely outgrown the Horizon League. I would think they could raise the money too because Butler is a very good school with a lot of wealthy alumni.

clenz
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm fairly late to this...but...

None of the teams metioned here will ever happen, nor should they.

Those of you that think that bringing Butler into the football coference would be good because of their hoops team....wrong. Tell me how much you know about the Butler program...Yep, that's what I thought. Hoops doesn't mean big name in football.

Drake is way to stuck up to even think about the MVFC. They won't play at UNI unless UNI plays at Drake 3 times to every one home game. There is almost no commitment to the football program down there.

The OVC teams have no reason to leave the OVC unless they get MVC and MVFC invites....they aren't up to par for the MVC in any sport so that won't happen.

WSU won't ever start a football program again. Sustaining a program is almost impossible in today's climate, which is why there are football programs dropped nearly every year. All of the costs it would take WSU to get to FCS level will never happen. Their fans don't want it either. They already feel they belong in the B12 or Big East in all the other sports because they are "better than the MVC". FCS football (or pee wee as they call it) will never happen.

TheBisonator
09-13-2011, 08:11 PM
WSU won't ever start a football program again. Sustaining a program is almost impossible in today's climate, which is why there are football programs dropped nearly every year.

Yeah, I know. South Alabama, Lamar, Texas-San Antonio, Old Dominion, Georgia State, Campbell, Stetson, UNC-Charlotte.....

Herd
09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
My ealier post was in agreement with our friend from UNI.

Bulter football does nothing for the MVFC. Even if Bulter joined the MVC (not likely), if there football is FCS-0 instead of FCS-63, they do nothing for the MVFC.

Twentysix
09-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I know. South Alabama, Lamar, Texas-San Antonio, Old Dominion, Georgia State, Campbell, Stetson, UNC-Charlotte.....

Clenz doesn't wanna hear those fact things bisonator. They don't further his point and even undermine it..

tsk tsk.

clenz
09-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Clenz doesn't wanna hear those fact things bisonator. They don't further his point and even undermine it..

tsk tsk.

It has nothing to do with that. Those teams have interest in football, have had a fan base wanting football for a long time, had much support for it. That doesn't exist in Wichita. NDSU has zero interaction with WSU fans but as someone who knows the Valley fairly well, and spends a good amount (probably too much) on other Valley teams boards reading I can tell you there is almost zero want of a team, especially if it isn't BCS from the start. WSU, and Creighton, are basketball schools. The dump any money that would go to football into basketball, which is why they have arena's like they do, why they pay coaches like they do, why they have all the nice amenities that they do. WSU doesn't want to change how their basketball program operates, well in order to add football they would and that isn't going to happen.

Don't let facts actually stop your thinking, as they can be depressing when they don't support your side of things.

If the Valley ever wanted to expand there are very few teams that would get a good look. The Valley thinks of itself as the B10 of the FCS. They aren't willing to add just anyone just to say with the trend of "bigger is better". I'm still shocked USD got an invite, but I'm still thinking there is a bigger reason behind that, and I think it has to do with YSU or MSU

This would be the short list of teams getting looked at, and it depends on how the MVFC goes about it. Established D1 program or transitional:
Southeast Missouri State
Eastern Illinois
Northwest Missouri State (and I have no proof they even want D1, but they could compete)
North Dakota
Drake would get a look but it won't happen

That would be the list, and I tried very hard to think of someone the Valley would want. There was a D2 or 2 in Minnesota, but I don't think MVFC wants to go after D2's.

NorthernBison
09-15-2011, 08:22 PM
If the Valley ever wanted to expand there are very few teams that would get a good look. The Valley thinks of itself as the B10 of the FCS. They aren't willing to add just anyone just to say with the trend of "bigger is better". I'm still shocked USD got an invite, but I'm still thinking there is a bigger reason behind that, and I think it has to do with YSU or MSU

That's part of the reason. There's another obvious reason.

Adding USD to the MVFC resulted in them staying in the Summit. Without a home for football, they were almost certain to take the Big Sky invite. That would have been a blow to the Summit and nobody knows where that would have ended. A quick look at the MVFC Membership makes it obvious that a stable Summit is good for the stability of the MVFC.

clenz
09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
That's part of the reason. There's another obvious reason.

Adding USD to the MVFC resulted in them staying in the Summit. Without a home for football, they were almost certain to take the Big Sky invite. That would have been a blow to the Summit and nobody knows where that would have ended. A quick look at the MVFC Membership makes it obvious that a stable Summit is good for the stability of the MVFC.

The problem with that is....the Summit wasn't going to fall apart without USD. USD hasn't been in the Summit yet. How would that have changed the stability of the Summit?

tony
09-15-2011, 08:55 PM
The problem with that is....the Summit wasn't going to fall apart without USD. USD hasn't been in the Summit yet. How would that have changed the stability of the Summit?

No offense but I kind of think we know the Summit better than you.

USD provides stability in two ways:
1. USD isn't going to bolt to some other conference
2. Adding USD means that NDSU and SDSU (and now UN-O) are less likely to bolt.

The Summit replaced Centenary and Southern Utah with USD and UN-O... that's a home run wrapped up in a slam dunk.

Hammersmith
09-15-2011, 09:04 PM

The Summit was at 10 members, USD & UND were going to make it 12. Then Centenary decided to go DIII, and UND let the nickname issue get out of hand. Okay, guess we'll stay at 10. Then the Big Sky started courting SUU and USD. That would've made it 8. And the Southland might lose enough to make ORU attractive. And if the Big East were to get raided, they might poach a Horizon member, which might make Oakland a candidate for them. Suddenly the Summit is on life support. Now the Big Sky goes to NDSU & SDSU and says, "Hey, your traditional rivals are here, the Montanas are here, and we've got an autobid while yours is in jeopardy. Come, join with us in the Dark Side."

If this happened at the same time the CAA came looking for YSU, the MVFC could've quickly found itself down to 6 teams and in danger of losing its autobid. Adding USD to the MVFC put a big monkey wrench in any plans the Big Sky might have had.

BlueBisonRock
09-15-2011, 09:07 PM

The Summit replaced Centenary and Southern Utah with USD and UN-O... that's a home run wrapped up in a slam dunk.

Incredible Tony. A mixed sporting metaphor that is strangely familiar and poetic at the same time. Your skills never cease to amaze.

Tatanka
09-15-2011, 09:13 PM

God Darnit Tony, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.
http://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/hedley-lamarr-and-taggart_186x205.jpg

NorthernBison
09-15-2011, 09:18 PM

What Tony said....

To flesh it out further, USD had accepted a Summit invite but was likely to reneg on that and take the Big Sky offer because that gave them a football home that the Summit could not offer.

At the time, Centenary was gone from the Summit. UND was scheduled for a Summit visit that would almost certainly have resulted in an invite.

Add to that rumors that Oral Roberts was a target of some other conferences. (Those rumors still persist and there is no reason to discount them)

That's an unstable position for the Summit with TWO members leaving(SUU, USD), a prospective member taken off the table by the Big Sky invite (UND), and another quality member (ORU) being eyed by other conferences.

The idea of another conference swooping in and grabbing NDSU and SDSU isn't so hard to imagine. Maybe another Big Sky raiding party. Maybe an FBS conference comes calling. Either way, those two schools are likely gone if the Summit is seen as unstable and they get another option.

When Douple picked up the phone and called Patty to inquire about any interest in adding USD to help out the Summit, all these things were floating around out there. Adding USD took the worst scenarios off the table and left only the things that couldn't be controlled.

Win-win for both the Summit and the MVFC.

Answer Guy
09-15-2011, 09:21 PM
God Darnit Tony, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/MichaelScott2.jpg

DePereBisonFan
09-16-2011, 04:13 PM
If the Valley ever wanted to expand there are very few teams that would get a good look. The Valley thinks of itself as the B10 of the FCS. They aren't willing to add just anyone just to say with the trend of "bigger is better".

I think I agree with this statement. I would consider adding the two Montana schools. And then I would consider the other leap (sorry, sorry, sorry...)

MN_Moose
09-17-2011, 03:49 PM
All this discussions depends upon are you talking MVFC or MVC.

For some perspective read a bit of MVC postings
http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1363

When discussions involve fit with basketball and other sports is gets really convoluted.
"Baseball is a significant sport at WSU. Get on a bus and go to North Dakota to play a baseball game in March? Yukes!! WSU would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into that conference alignment."

Many of the Creighton Wichita and other no football schools know they are in no win situations. It baffles me that Mo St or IL St think they can move up to CUSA. How about win a conf champ sometime in a decade.

tjbison
09-17-2011, 04:04 PM
All this discussions depends upon are you talking MVFC or MVC.

For some perspective read a bit of MVC postings
http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1363

When discussions involve fit with basketball and other sports is gets really convoluted.
"Baseball is a significant sport at WSU. Get on a bus and go to North Dakota to play a baseball game in March? Yukes!! WSU would have to be dragged kicking and screaming into that conference alignment."

Many of the Creighton Wichita and other no football schools know they are in no win situations. It baffles me that Mo St or IL St think they can move up to CUSA. How about win a conf champ sometime in a decade.

Message board fans dont pick the next members, I agree NDSU is a long shot but if a conference is looking for a Stable, well funded and reasonably good market NDSU is not all that bad. Too bad NDSU doesnt have a indoor Baseball, Softball facility

MN_Moose
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.gazette.com/sports/gen-126331-west-names.html
More speculation: Air Force looking to move all sports except football. Cites MVC as logical location. The fans in the valley hate the idea.

TbonZach
10-07-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.gazette.com/sports/gen-126331-west-names.html
More speculation: Air Force looking to move all sports except football. Cites MVC as logical location. The fans in the valley hate the idea.

I don't really follow AF's sports all that much, but I'd welcome them into MVC on sheer name alone.

WYOBISONMAN
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Air Force is reasonable in Football as a power in the Mountain West, but they always suck at everything else.

NorthernBison
10-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Air Force is reasonable in Football as a power in the Mountain West, but they always suck at everything else.

Butthockey

Strommer10
10-13-2011, 04:37 AM
That would be the list, and I tried very hard to think of someone the Valley would want. There was a D2 or 2 in Minnesota, but I don't think MVFC wants to go after D2's.
UM Duluth would be very capable of stepping up in football to the FCS level. I am not familiar with their other programs or their financial state.

I don't see expansion happening with the MVFC. Unless somehow UND gets kicked out of the Big Sky.

coldspot
10-13-2011, 04:50 AM
UM Duluth would be very capable of stepping up in football to the FCS level. I am not familiar with their other programs or their financial state.

they have teh hockies, but they're in minnesota, so the financial state might be questionable.

344Johnson
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM

^^^

This, Air Force generally has a solid football team. Nothing great, but its not like they are moving to the MVFC anyway. Their other sports....not so hot. But their hockey must be decent! They had a lead on teh hockies up north last weekend!

NorthernBison
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM

I don't see expansion happening with the MVFC. Unless somehow UND gets kicked out of the Big Sky.

Let's be clear about exactly what the function of the MVFC is.

The MVFC allows the Summit and the MVC to exist without sponsoring football. It is the primary connection between the Summit and the MVC and, consequently, is very important to both conferences. The addition of USD is our evidence of how quickly the MVFC can act if needed to stabilize one of the conferences (obviously more of an issue for the Summit).

There are those who think a UND looking for a home might find it with the Summit and that a MVFC invite would follow. I am not so sure of that because the stability of the Summit would not be an issue at that point.

I don't see UND getting the boot from the BSC UNLESS the nickname issue is not resolved. Then all bets are off. They have been warned.

UND will not get a look from the Summit unless the nickname issue is resolved. (by "resolved" I mean dropped, retired, whatever)

JSUBison
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Let's be clear about exactly what the function of the MVFC is.

The MVFC allows the Summit and the MVC to exist without sponsoring football. It is the primary connection between the Summit and the MVC and, consequently, is very important to both conferences. The addition of USD is our evidence of how quickly the MVFC can act if needed to stabilize one of the conferences (obviously more of an issue for the Summit).

There are those who think a UND looking for a home might find it with the Summit and that a MVFC invite would follow. I am not so sure of that because the stability of the Summit would not be an issue at that point.

I don't see UND getting the boot from the BSC UNLESS the nickname issue is not resolved. Then all bets are off. They have been warned.

UND will not get a look from the Summit unless the nickname issue is resolved. (by "resolved" I mean dropped, retired, whatever)

With the Summit and MVC being sister conferences, so to speak, I'm kind of surprised there isn't more cross conference play, in particular men's BB. We've gone how many years, and none on the schedule yet? We need to do this with the MVC teams that play football, it strengthens the rivalry and interest between the two school fan bases and provides name recognition to the average fan.

Twentysix
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
With the Summit and MVC being sister conferences, so to speak, I'm kind of surprised there isn't more cross conference play, in particular men's BB. We've gone how many years, and none on the schedule yet? We need to do this with the MVC teams that play football, it strengthens the rivalry and interest between the two school fan bases and provides name recognition to the average fan.

Agreed. With like 12 ooc games... you would think we could play the football MVC's in MBB and WBB every other year. And then in the off years maybe play the non football MVCs.

1 game every year, sometimes 2? Maybe do home and homes with the football schools and 2 for 1s with creighton and witchita.

NorthernBison
10-13-2011, 07:18 PM

That sounds good but it ignores the vast difference in how the MVC basketball programs see themselves as compared to the Summit. They consider themselves to be vastly superior. I'm not sure their arrogance isn't warranted because they have been a much stronger conference.

I think there would be very little problem in getting UNI, SIU, and several other MVC programs on the MBB schedule (if we go there). Getting them to come to Fargo is a whole different discussion.

Twentysix
10-14-2011, 12:44 AM
That sounds good but it ignores the vast difference in how the MVC basketball programs see themselves as compared to the Summit. They consider themselves to be vastly superior. I'm not sure their arrogance isn't warranted because they have been a much stronger conference.

I think there would be very little problem in getting UNI, SIU, and several other MVC programs on the MBB schedule (if we go there). Getting them to come to Fargo is a whole different discussion.

Instead of a 2for1 have we ever done a home and home in which we pay the quality program a little bit of chink upon there arrival in fargo.

Tatanka
10-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Instead of a 2for1 have we ever done a home and home in which we pay the quality program a little bit of chink upon there arrival in fargo.

http://www.humesfork.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bitsfromlastweeksradio.jpg

:rofl:

NDSUstudent
10-14-2011, 01:24 AM

This might have happened for SHSU but I think it was mainly because we absolutely needed the game to be played in Fargo first.

Twentysix
10-14-2011, 11:42 AM
This might have happened for SHSU but I think it was mainly because we absolutely needed the game to be played in Fargo first.

I meant more for basketball but yeah. Like fresno, would of been a good example.

tony
10-14-2011, 07:22 PM

They probably don't even average 5000/game... do you think Duluth would be able to handle a move to DI financially?

I think doing what UN-O did would work better for any Minnesota school thinking of moving up.

PierreYote
10-15-2011, 05:30 AM
They probably don't even average 5000/game... do you think Duluth would be able to handle a move to DI financially?

I think doing what UN-O did would work better for any Minnesota school thinking of moving up.

FWIW, A sports reporter in Sodak stated that an AD told him that in our area of the country an FCS team has to average 15k to make financial sense (make a little coin). I don't know if that is true or not but 15k is a few >>>>>>>> than 5k. Yote fan here and the DD only fits a lil over 10k, so I guess we need to start charging people that are going through the drive thru at BK to reach 15k in attendance.

tjbison
10-15-2011, 12:11 PM
FWIW, A sports reporter in Sodak stated that an AD told him that in our area of the country an FCS team has to average 15k to make financial sense (make a little coin). I don't know if that is true or not but 15k is a few >>>>>>>> than 5k. Yote fan here and the DD only fits a lil over 10k, so I guess we need to start charging people that are going through the drive thru at BK to reach 15k in attendance.

Why would it be any different here than say..........Flagstaff, AZ???

bri-dog
10-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Why would it be any different here than say..........Flagstaff, AZ???

All the high heating bills in these domes? :p