PDA

View Full Version : GoBison.com feed

moosbah
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Can someone please tell me if anything is being done to upgrade or rectify the problem with the GoBison.com live broadcast feed?! IF you can log in during gameday, the audio is ahead of the video by a play, and the audio quality is horrible. Yes, I have a good Internet connection. :facepalm:

IzzyFlexion
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Watched the game the Leopards site and don't feel even the slightest bit of guilt about not feeding the Bison program.
I've suffered through enough years of the gobison all-access.

MN_BISON
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Can someone please tell me if anything is being done to upgrade or rectify the problem with the GoBison.com live broadcast feed?! IF you can log in during gameday, the audio is ahead of the video by a play, and the audio quality is horrible. Yes, I have a good Internet connection. :facepalm:

I would call someone in the Athletic Dept. I called last year about the terrible service when streaming games from the BSA and they claimed they weren't aware of it. Troy Goergen might be a good place to start.

JSUBison
09-07-2011, 05:02 PM
The game replay is up on gobison now, and it starts somewhere in the 2nd quarter. :ranting:

Miller dropped a "whale of a catch" on Holloway's 2nd TD.

coloradobison
09-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I missed the game live and had to watch the replay - doesnt instill a lot of confidence that the replay started somewhere in the 2nd quarter, had to go to the Leopards site to watch the first quater + . i'm hoping to watch Saturday on the feed...just hopeful it works.

MOTBison
09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I have been suffering for years as well with the GoBison feed. I don't know much or anything about broadcasting but can't they stream something with better definition and sound that matches the video? If some people have an internet connection that is to slow to receive the higher quality can't it be downgraded like espn3 does? I am not expecting 1080p video but it would be nice to be able to see numbers on jerseys.

moosbah
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I have been suffering for years as well with the GoBison feed. I don't know much or anything about broadcasting but can't they stream something with better definition and sound that matches the video? If some people have an internet connection that is to slow to receive the higher quality can't it be downgraded like espn3 does? I am not expecting 1080p video but it would be nice to be able to see numbers on jerseys.

I too ended up watching the game thru the Lafayette website (GREAT commentators), which was using NDSU's video feed. It's embarassing that they can use our feed and perfectly match up the audio, and we can't even get it right. You'd think they quality of our braodcasts would have elevated as our football program has.

KTF
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
So I called the ticket office. The phone number for the Nuelion system is 877-967-3267. I probed around for some information. The Lafayette feed used the Fargodome system (server, etc...) to broadcast. NDSU taps into the fargodome feed but then sends it to the Nuelion system that charges the admission, keeps track of customers, etc... and then sends it out to what we see on gobison.com allaccess. I asked why charge if visitors can use the system for free, why can't NDSU. Said that is a Gene Taylor question.

The rep did say that NDSU lost all ticket purchase functions about 10 minutes before the game at the FargoDome. (Thus the delay in attendance count). Guess the FD authority wasn't too happy with Nuelion either.

We did speak about video quality and audio synchronization. NDSU and FD are very well aware of it and thought it was taken care of.

There are 3 providers of this sort of service that NDSU can choose from. CBS Sportsline or another one (can't remember name). My guess is they may be switching providers in the future.

moosbah
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
So I called the ticket office. The phone number for the Nuelion system is 877-967-3267. I probed around for some information. The Lafayette feed used the Fargodome system (server, etc...) to broadcast. NDSU taps into the fargodome feed but then sends it to the Nuelion system that charges the admission, keeps track of customers, etc... and then sends it out to what we see on gobison.com allaccess. I asked why charge if visitors can use the system for free, why can't NDSU. Said that is a Gene Taylor question.

The rep did say that NDSU lost all ticket purchase functions about 10 minutes before the game at the FargoDome. (Thus the delay in attendance count). Guess the FD authority wasn't too happy with Nuelion either.

We did speak about video quality and audio synchronization. NDSU and FD are very well aware of it and thought it was taken care of.

There are 3 providers of this sort of service that NDSU can choose from. CBS Sportsline or another one (can't remember name). My guess is they may be switching providers in the future.

Excellent work. I'm hoping they do switch. Neulion has been unreliable from the get go.:mad:

MN_BISON
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I think one also needs to look at IdeaOne. What size of pipe do they have going into the Fargodome and BSA since they are partners with NDSU in this whole deal along with Nuelion. If Neulion is getting a crappy feed its really not their fault. Is NDSU being cheap and cutting corners or is IdeaOne not able to provide the bandwidth needed?

Also, I sh!t you not when they claimed they new nothing about the crap feeds from the BSA last year. I damned near fell out of my chair when Troy said that, I'm like you're kidding right? How could you not know and knowing members of Bisonville like I do you can't tell me multiple emails weren't sent in their direction.

All I can say is they better have it figured out by Saturday, looks like it will be All Access for me this weekend.

KTF
09-08-2011, 12:03 AM
My impressions is that the feed coming out of the Fargodome is solid but gets distorted at Nueloin as he made it sound like the mixing of audio and video was done on their server.

My picture gets distorted (pixelation) on my end as I am running my feed through my computer to my 42" Plasma TV. I am fine if I don't go full screen and stay about half screen. I live with it for now as I would prefer that over only audio.

The rep and I did talk about the bison sports shows that run on the cable providers. He was like, it is on midco cable. A provider that doesn't service my area. This brought up a conversation (by myself) as to does NDSU say we are going to target only ND and a few NW MN markets, do they target all the midwest, the whole nation... Where do you start and stop...

I live in west central MN 90 miles from the U of MN, 2.5 hrs to SDSU, 2.5 hours to NDSU, 1 hr to st. cloud. Lots of kids in this area go to St. Cloud, SMSU in Marshall, U of MN or Mankato...

I don't see NDSU trying to penetrate my area and provide a great deal of service with the low numbers of NDSU alumni in my area...

I asked how come the coaches shows weren't on FSN like SDSU... He replied, "I think they(SDSU) pay money for those spots" So does that mean that NDSU is really getting their coaches show on for free? I highly doubt that...

moosbah
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
My impressions is that the feed coming out of the Fargodome is solid but gets distorted at Nueloin as he made it sound like the mixing of audio and video was done on their server.

My picture gets distorted (pixelation) on my end as I am running my feed through my computer to my 42" Plasma TV. I am fine if I don't go full screen and stay about half screen. I live with it for now as I would prefer that over only audio.

The rep and I did talk about the bison sports shows that run on the cable providers. He was like, it is on midco cable. A provider that doesn't service my area. This brought up a conversation (by myself) as to does NDSU say we are going to target only ND and a few NW MN markets, do they target all the midwest, the whole nation... Where do you start and stop...

I live in west central MN 90 miles from the U of MN, 2.5 hrs to SDSU, 2.5 hours to NDSU, 1 hr to st. cloud. Lots of kids in this area go to St. Cloud, SMSU in Marshall, U of MN or Mankato...

I don't see NDSU trying to penetrate my area and provide a great deal of service with the low numbers of NDSU alumni in my area...

I asked how come the coaches shows weren't on FSN like SDSU... He replied, "I think they(SDSU) pay money for those spots" So does that mean that NDSU is really getting their coaches show on for free? I highly doubt that...

I live in the same area and am utilizing the feed the same way you are (from computer to TV) and get similar results. I called the alumni office to see about helping assist in the awareness of NDSU in the area and all they told me was that I should host a watch party for the game in my town. WHAT?! That's the feedback I get. Have folks over for chips and a game????

I'm totally on board with your thoughts. NDSU NEEEEEEEDS to step up their effort to make the service and awareness in central MN better. It infuriates me to see the Jacks coaches show on FSN and not ours. We have the better program all the way down the line and the Jacks are one upping us. Come on Taylor!

On an aside, I haven't heard ONE WORD (outside of the materials I get from NDSU directly) about our effort to update our basketball and track facilities. Nada. If you live beyond Fergus Falls, you basically don't have a clue NDSU exists.

4mcruenomore
09-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Hopefully everything is fixed for saturday, unless St. Francis has a feed..

KTF
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
not to worried about this weekend as I am going to be in attendance!!

KC Bison
09-08-2011, 03:24 PM
It's now hard to believe that the feed is the issue or the syn between audio and video. Lafayette had great audio-video syn and an OK picture. They told us a number times that the feed was from NDSU. Several times there were people in the picture and they had no idea who they were so they would quickly say that they didn't control of the picture. BTW, their announcers were rather generous in the comments about the Bison. There were very impressed with our team speed.