View Full Version : What If Everything Worked Like BCS:

Rockbear99
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
http://vimeo.com/28516169

This is so true it is a little bit scary

TheBisonator
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
This video is SOOOO true.

The BCS basically goes against the ideas that America was founded upon.

OrygunBison
09-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd be game for the playoff system if only to watch Boise State get their whiny asses handed to them when it matters most.

I am so tired of the stupid BSU crap. You guys give Montana crap for playing such a weak schedule but still look up to Boise State somehow. I really don't get it. Their only good games are the OOC games they schedule...which are definitely good and which is why they have any credibility at all. You still cannot consistently play 8 bad teams a year and be taken seriously just because you won them and still had the gas to play up a couple of OOC games. At least Utah had some common sense and moved to a better conference. Perhaps Boise State will wise up while the current conference shuffle builds steam. Too bad nobody will want them...

Hopefully a playoff system puts their stupid argument to rest some day.

BlueBisonRock
09-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd be game for the playoff system if only to watch Boise State get their whiny asses handed to them when it matters most.

I am so tired of the stupid BSU crap. You guys give Montana crap for playing such a weak schedule but still look up to Boise State somehow. I really don't get it. Their only good games are the OOC games they schedule...which are definitely good and which is why they have any credibility at all. You still cannot consistently play 8 bad teams a year and be taken seriously just because you won them and still had the gas to play up a couple of OOC games. At least Utah had some common sense and moved to a better conference. Perhaps Boise State will wise up while the current conference shuffle builds steam. Too bad nobody will want them...

Boise may have easier words, but they did get all of them right! ;)

Loved the video. 'Boise' is an excellent actress.

OrygunBison
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Boise may have easier words, but they did get all of them right! ;)

Loved the video. 'Boise' is an excellent actress.

If I remember correctly, she couldn't even spell N.E.V.A.D.A last year. Weak sauce if you ask me. That's one of the eight words that she should ace in every spelling bee.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-08-2011, 01:46 AM

They've answered every challenge they've been asked of them. They just keep on winning. You can't argue with their success.

OrygunBison
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
They've answered every challenge they've been asked of them. They just keep on winning. You can't argue with their success.

I get and agree with your logic, although I can argue on how you measure success. When you play 8 or more games against very poor competition, you will not get taken seriously.

The flip side of it is exactly what happens in the MVFC. For 8 weeks, pretty much any team can beat anyone else. Also, injuries really take a toll in a smashmouth conference like the MVFC. Our in-conference games give us a s.o.s. that we really don't need to improve with our OOC games. It is the same argument. If you are all about BSU's success in the WAC, you should have been all for NDSU staying in the Great West. You cannot have it both ways as many people here do.

I agree, a playoff system would make this issue go away to a certain degree. I just get tired of BSU fans big talk of their awesome seasonal records. Their s.o.s. is just pitiful.

Bison06
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I get and agree with your logic, although I can argue on how you measure success. When you play 8 or more games against very poor competition, you will not get taken seriously.

The flip side of it is exactly what happens in the MVFC. For 8 weeks, pretty much any team can beat anyone else. Also, injuries really take a toll in a smashmouth conference like the MVFC. Our in-conference games give us a s.o.s. that we really don't need to improve with our OOC games. It is the same argument. If you are all about BSU's success in the WAC, you should have been all for NDSU staying in the Great West. You cannot have it both ways as many people here do.

I agree, a playoff system would make this issue go away to a certain degree. I just get tired of BSU fans big talk of their awesome seasonal records. Their s.o.s. is just pitiful.

Agreed, but at the FCS level noone really argues about s.o.s.(other than giving Montanta sh*t) because it all works itself out in the playoffs. Just like it would with Boise if they would pull their thumbs out of their butts and have a playoff.

If you are sick of hearing Boise whine, I can think of a pretty easy way to shut them up. First round playoff game @ Alabama or wherever(which I think they might win by the way).

Playoffs work for every sport at every level all over the world. The BCS is an absolute travesty to the sporting world.

zooropa
09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
When you play 8 or more games against very poor competition, you will not get taken seriously.

Dang straight! 'Course, I'm talking about USC, UCLA, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Portland State, Tennessee and New Mexico.

344Johnson
09-08-2011, 09:49 PM

Hate Boise. They would not do what they do in the WAC/MWC week in and week out in the Big 12, SEC, even the Big 10. They lost to Nevada. Nevada got blanked by Notre Dame 35-0 a year earlier. Aformentioned Notre Dame squad finished 6-6 in my memory serves me right. Nevada finished 2nd in the WAC that year. Face it Boise fans, Boise couldn't hack it in the best conferences and that is why they are essentially locked out of the BCS Title game.

And no, Boise could not touch Alabama. Kellen Moore would have about 200 yards. They would not move the ball on the ground. Alabama is too good. Sorry!

OrygunBison
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
If you are sick of hearing Boise whine, I can think of a pretty easy way to shut them up. First round playoff game @ Alabama or wherever(which I think they might win by the way).

My precise first words in this thread were - "I'd be game for the playoff system if only to watch Boise State get their whiny asses handed to them when it matters most."

So, um, yeah. We're on the same page with the playoffs argument.

I just tend to think BSU's record is vastly inflated beyond their talent. I also believe that their OOC record is better than it would be if they had to play better competition in conference. They are able to get UP UP UP for the OOC game, even when it is just another game to their competition. Likewise, they haven't been beaten up by the other tough games on their schedule.

1998braves64
09-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Obviously they play an easy schedule, but that comes partly from nobody wants to play them after Oklahoma was made a fool of in the Fiesta Bowl, which for me was by far the most entertaining football game I've ever watched personally. So ironically they're a victim of their own success perhaps? For the most part they've beat teams they're suppose to beat and a few that nobody thought they would! Not just one or two years they've done it pretty consistently the last 4-5 years, do I think they could have beat Alabama last year mmm probably not but the issue is they don't even get to try not whether they could beat them or not for me. Yes they've lost games here and there that they should have won. Hmm NDSU lost to SDSU one year in a game they should have won does that mean we're not as good as we think we are?

zooropa
09-09-2011, 05:30 AM
They lost to Nevada.

They lost a close game in overtime to the #19 team in the country; by the end of the season, Nevada had a #11 ranking. So don't let's make it seem like Nevada was oh, say, on a par with Indiana, Vandy, Kentucky, Minnesota, Colorado, Baylor, Washington State or UCLA last year.

344Johnson
09-09-2011, 08:04 PM
They lost a close game in overtime to the #19 team in the country; by the end of the season, Nevada had a #11 ranking. So don't let's make it seem like Nevada was oh, say, on a par with Indiana, Vandy, Kentucky, Minnesota, Colorado, Baylor, Washington State or UCLA last year.

I'd have taken Kentucky with Randall Cobb over Nevada.

OrygunBison
09-09-2011, 09:35 PM

BSU and Nevada have the same issue. In-conference games are generally bad unless playing each other. It is hard to know if a #11 ranking is even valid. Stats are meaningless to help figure out the answer.

Gully
09-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Didn't Boise just change conferences from the WAC to the Mountain West? I realize that's still not the Big Ten or SEC but still. What are they supposed to do, not play the teams in their conference?

OrygunBison
09-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Didn't Boise just change conferences from the WAC to the Mountain West? I realize that's still not the Big Ten or SEC but still. What are they supposed to do, not play the teams in their conference?

Of course I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that the whole "we're a victim of our conference weakness" crap gets old. It would be like NDSU claiming that we're as good as a high BCS team just because we are solid in FCS. There's just no way of knowing unless the full slate of games are comparable, not just head-to-head games.

zooropa
09-09-2011, 11:24 PM
BSU and Nevada have the same issue. In-conference games are generally bad unless playing each other. It is hard to know if a #11 ranking is even valid. Stats are meaningless to help figure out the answer.

The MWC is definitely in worse shape now; however, I hesitate to put the Pac-12 in a whole other realm as compared to the MWC, Big East & ACC.

Twentysix
09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
This video is SOOOO true.

The BCS basically goes against the ideas that America was founded upon.

It impliments a caste system.