PDA

View Full Version : What an Opener! - BI Column

DjKyRo
09-07-2011, 04:57 AM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=693

When the marketing folks told me I'd won the Yell Leader job for football games, one of my early reservations was participation by the students. Would the two of us up front be followed? Would we be ignored? Would we have sodas thrown at us?

When I looked away from the action while holding up the sign for a safety (palms together above the head) to see the entire student section mimicking, all 3,000 or more, I knew this would be a fun gig.

Once more, hats off to the students for showing up in force for the opener. Hope it's a sellout this weekend.

HerdBot
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow you did one hell of a job. I'm jealous and your a kick ass fan and promoter of Bison Football. I would imagine it was a bit nerve wracking at first but seriously that was freakin' cool. I wish we could get fans as awesome as you at the other sections of the game. You helped rock the dome. That is making a serious impact.

Now if we could get the rest of the dome that fired up!

cbline
09-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Wow you did one hell of a job. I'm jealous and your a kick ass fan and promoter of Bison Football. I would imagine it was a bit nerve wracking at first but seriously that was freakin' cool. I wish we could get fans as awesome as you at the other sections of the game. You helped rock the dome. That is making a serious impact.

Now if we could get the rest of the dome that fired up!

Amen!!! Let's hope this year we turn the corner big time for student participation.

DjKyRo
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the positive comments guys, much appreciated.

Even talking around campus I met up with two students who were waffling on the game that I managed to convince to go on Saturday. Both said they had a blast and already have tickets to St. Francis. People really dug the yellow suits and I think that's a big selling point to the whole thing.

Hell, even UND fans find them irresistable. :)

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/2011Bison043.jpg

dackienhan
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
That's awful. good to see...

4mcruenomore
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Good job kyle!

tony
09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
You guys did a great job!