PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Okland

bisonfan08
09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
So maybe I missed something, but with Vraa out I was looking on gobison.com for possible redshirts that could be lifted to fill depth if needed as the season goes on and I was thinking Oakland could be a contributor. However he is not even listed on the roster, did we lose him? Did he not make academic requirements? Any info would be awesome.

HandoEX
09-06-2011, 01:54 PM
He has NCAA clearinghouse issues. I personally don't think he will be eligible this season. Still a possibility from what I've heard though.

roadwarrior
09-06-2011, 02:04 PM
It's Okland

bisonfan08
09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
He has NCAA clearinghouse issues. I personally don't think he will be eligible this season. Still a possibility from what I've heard though.

Well even if not this season, I was just hoping he's still a Bison and can get him goin next year. Could be a big target to line up next to Vraa with Smith and Gebhart in the slot. Kid seemed like the real deal.

bisonfan08
09-06-2011, 02:10 PM
It's Okland

My bad, the article I was reading had it spelled wrong, heading was correct, article was not.

southfan
09-06-2011, 02:39 PM
He is eligible and has been practicing for the last two weeks. I assume he and Nate Moody would both be possibilities if they need another receiver. The roster doesn't look like it's been updated for a while as Reed Duscher is still listed on the roster.

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Great news from Southfan....who I am guessing he/she knows what they are talking about. I saw him on the sideline at a practice a month or so ago, and that kid is BIG.

mnriverbison
09-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Someone help me out. How long is Vraa out for?

HandoEX
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Could be up to 8 weeks. Broken collarbone (the other one this time).

Siouxfallsbison
09-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Sounds like 6-8 weeks right now.:mad:

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2011, 03:11 PM

#3 is going to get alot of chances!!!! SHould be exciting for the Sioux Falls contingent next weekend. I love his speed. He was so close to that TD. Everyone is going to step up....and I predict that Cooper will be much improved now that he MUST step up his game. He simply has too much ability. From what I was told, he has to make one play and he may explode. There is alot of talent, it is just young....but Warren G Holloway is going to lead that position in style.

GOB1SON
09-06-2011, 03:13 PM
My big concern is what happens if Warren G Holloway hurts that knee?

We are deep, but just not at WR. If Holloway goes down, we will be pretty one dimensional, again.

mnriverbison
09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Does Vraa have a medical redshirt available if it becomes 8+?

tony
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear that, SFBison.

SDbison
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I pretty sure Gebhart is capable of stepping up and making a significant contribution at wide receiver. What do you think Siouxfallsbison?

Siouxfallsbison
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I pretty sure Gebhart is capable of stepping up and making a significant contribution at wide receiver. What do you think Siouxsfallsbison?

Yes he will. I think they had a great thing going with Holloway,Vraa,Gebhart,and Smith rotation. Hopefully Cooper and Brady can keep it going until Vraa gets back.

344Johnson
09-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Does Vraa have a medical redshirt available if it becomes 8+?

Bohl mentioned how the NCAA is pretty understanding as far as medical reshirts. Hell, I think Kase Keenum from Houston played a couple of full games last year and still got a medical redshirt.

mnriverbison
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Bohl mentioned how the NCAA is pretty understanding as far as medical reshirts. Hell, I think Kase Keenum from Houston played a couple of full games last year and still got a medical redshirt.

So if he misses 8 games and the choice is another year vs the playoffs it will be an interesting decision.

344Johnson
09-06-2011, 06:06 PM
So if he misses 8 games and the choice is another year vs the playoffs it will be an interesting decision.

oooohh kinda forgot that...maybe 'SU could lie and say he wasn't healthy

HerdBot
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Oklund is a great talent but I would be surprised if he contributes this year other than deep balls. That seems to be his strength and I doubt he's had enough time to learn the offense. Maybe Holloway could pick up some of those underneath routes and Oklund could be the deep threat. He seems to be phenomenal at the jump balls.

I would imagine Gebheart and Wahlo are further along.

ndsubison1
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
#3 is going to get alot of chances!!!! SHould be exciting for the Sioux Falls contingent next weekend. I love his speed. He was so close to that TD. Everyone is going to step up....and I predict that Cooper will be much improved now that he MUST step up his game. He simply has too much ability. From what I was told, he has to make one play and he may explode. There is alot of talent, it is just young....but Warren G Holloway is going to lead that position in style.

cooper made a sick catch in the spring game. he def. has the ability

Castor Troy
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Oklund is a great talent but I would be surprised if he contributes this year other than deep balls. That seems to be his strength and I doubt he's had enough time to learn the offense. Maybe Holloway could pick up some of those underneath routes and Oklund could be the deep threat. He seems to be phenomenal at the jump balls.

I would imagine Gebheart and Wahlo are further along.

I agree. From what I hear of Andrew, he is very raw and has some intriguing skills long with being long and athletic. Kevin Feeney says not to be surprised if he doesn't cotribute until he is a junior or senior.

EndZoneQB
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes he will. I think they had a great thing going with Holloway,Vraa,Gebhart,and Smith rotation. Hopefully Cooper and Brady can keep it going until Vraa gets back.

I will say I was impressed with Trevor's hands this weekend. They looked sticky right when they needed to be...excited to see what he does with the opportunity!

Edit: SHUT UP AG!!!! :)

Answer Guy
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I will say I was impressed with Trevor's hands this weekend. They looked sticky right when they needed to be...excited to see what he does with the opportunity!

Edit: SHUT UP AG!!!! :)

I was told this was a no homo board. Just sayin'.

EndZoneQB
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I was told this was a no homo board. Just sayin'.

How were you able to join then?? :confused:

Herd
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I find it hard to believe that Okland would not see the field for 3 years. He practically took on the Montana high schoolers by himself. You don't do that if you don't have ability. Did Wentz catch it for him too?

If we was in fall camp I have to believe that he would be getting some looks if he was on the roster. He has size and phycial ability to get it done.

dackienhan
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Is that Okland?

fanbison
09-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree. From what I hear of Andrew, he is very raw and has some intriguing skills long with being long and athletic. Kevin Feeney says not to be surprised if he doesn't cotribute until he is a junior or senior.

Kevin Feeney NEVER coached Andrew Okland. Troy Mattern was Okland's coach for the one year that he played high school football.

Castor Troy
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Kevin Feeney NEVER coached Andrew Okland. Troy Mattern was Okland's coach for the one year that he played high school football.

True. I guess I can't find in my post where I said that he was his coach. He is still on very good terms with Andrew's high school coaches and he still knows the young man. The fact is that he is so new to football that no one knows how soon he will pick up the game. When he was recruited his speed was suspect, but then he went out and joined the track team and proved that he has decent speed (22.84) for a guy his size.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Rumor Okland quit the team. Any confirmations?

aces1180
02-06-2013, 02:51 PM

I saw lakes posted this on the UNI board...It was the first I heard of it.

TransAmBison
02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Reason why?

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Until I see an official source, I'm not buying it.

southcliffbison
02-06-2013, 03:04 PM

Damn that Lakes..........why post unsubstantiated things like this ?

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Damn that Lakes..........why post unsubstantiated things like this ?

Because he loves the notoriety that comes from acting like a journalist but he doesn't know the first thing about actually doing it.

SlickVic
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29905-Marcus-Brantley-and-Chuks-Amaechi-Off-the-Team&p=713559#post713559 Lakes told me the other day I told you here why you mad he friends w half the team and coach polosak

MNLonghorn10
02-06-2013, 03:19 PM

I only hope lakes is working the phone lines

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

southcliffbison
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29905-Marcus-Brantley-and-Chuks-Amaechi-Off-the-Team&p=713559#post713559 Lakes told me the other day I told you here why you mad he friends w half the team and coach polosak

Not to argue with anyone; however, if Oakland had left the team, wouldn't the staff make an announcement concerning this ? Also, there's Kolpack.......he keeps his ear very close to the ground regarding anything dealing with NDSU football............ nothing from him........... what's up with this ?

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Not to argue with anyone; however, if Oakland had left the team, wouldn't the staff make an announcement concerning this ? Also, there's Kolpack.......he keeps his ear very close to the ground regarding anything dealing with NDSU football............ nothing from him........... what's up with this ?

This.

There are real journalists who cover this team, people who actually understand that you need more than half a source in order to report something.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 03:36 PM

This.

There are real journalists who cover this team, people who actually understand that you need more than half a source in order to report something.

Yeah, good point. I mean EVERY player that has left the team has been announced. You guys are so neurotic about it, someone mentions lakes and everyone blows up. I never said lakes was my source, nor did I imply that he was my source. Did you ever think that maybe the team doesn't want this information to be out? In the past, it hasn't been out of character to have to see the updated roster for confirmation.

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, good point. I mean EVERY player that has left the team has been announced. You guys are so neurotic about it, someone mentions lakes and everyone blows up. I never said lakes was my source, nor did I imply that he was my source. Did you ever think that maybe the team doesn't want this information to be out? In the past, it hasn't been out of character to have to see the updated roster for confirmation.

I'm simply explaining the difference between a jock sniffer and a journalist. I will trust one more than the other.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm simply explaining the difference between a jock sniffer and a journalist. I will trust one more than the other.

A person doesn't have to pretend to be a "reporter" - it isn't their job. I get it, rumors are generally bad, but this board gets a little neurotic on it. People refuse to believe it here more than any other message board I have been on...sometimes(ok it's Fargo, often) the media gets scooped by people closer to the program. It's the same elsewhere.

There are different levels of rumors. Rumors of someone committing or quitting the team are MUCH different than rumors that someone was involved in a sexual assault with no real evidence to support the claim. Separate what is probably true from what is made up and your underwear won't be in such a bunch all the time.

BlueBisonRock
02-06-2013, 07:34 PM
He remains on the roster. Let put this one on the back burner and let spring ball show us what is going on.

HerdBot
02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
He remains on the roster. Let put this one on the back burner and let spring ball show us what is going on.

Brantley and Amechi are still on it too. But I agree, speculation is BS. I was pissed when I read the speculation on those guys which turned out to be 100% major league BS.

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
A person doesn't have to pretend to be a "reporter" - it isn't their job. I get it, rumors are generally bad, but this board gets a little neurotic on it. People refuse to believe it here more than any other message board I have been on...sometimes(ok it's Fargo, often) the media gets scooped by people closer to the program. It's the same elsewhere.

There are different levels of rumors. Rumors of someone committing or quitting the team are MUCH different than rumors that someone was involved in a sexual assault with no real evidence to support the claim. Separate what is probably true from what is made up and your underwear won't be in such a bunch all the time.

So what do you call someone who creates a website for "news"?

lascrs
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM

Rob Port???

KilldeerBison
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
So what do you call someone who creates a website for "sensationalism"?

I would accept; Portly Rob, Blob Port, Rob Porterhouse or Rob Port.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, as far as I am concerned, this story is confirmed to me. However, that's not to say he doesn't come to his senses, etc.

He wasn't posting on his website or as his website. If he was, even MORE power to him that he scooped it before it hit the mainstream media....and by all accounts it was tight lipped until signing day...including him.

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Well, as far as I am concerned, this story is confirmed to me. However, that's not to say he doesn't come to his senses, etc.

He wasn't posting on his website or as his website. If he was, even MORE power to him that he scooped it before it hit the mainstream media....and by all accounts it was tight lipped until signing day...including him.

Good for you, I'll wait for a credible source, which is all I ever said at the beginning anyway.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Good for you, I'll wait for a credible source, which is all I ever said at the beginning anyway.

That's what I'm saying. I have it from a credible source. Either way, I'm sure something will come out soon.

BadlandsBison
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
That's what I'm saying. I have it from a credible source. Either way, I'm sure something will come out soon.

Double O agent or I don't believe it

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 08:51 PM

Double O agent or I don't believe it

this was fairly well known, was glad it didn't hit BV for a while, and I am not so sure it is official either, so lets respect a good kid and the situation. I agree with the other comments, Dee Gray is going to be a Beast, he proved that last year on scout team, but that doesn't mean it is ok to lose what Andrew was providing on and off the field either. Hopefully it works out for him to be a Bison.

That's about as credible of a source as you're going to get on the message board, folks.

Bison 4 Life
02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
That's about as credible of a source as you're going to get on the message board, folks.

2 requirements for a credible news source.

Ability to get a press credential

A real name

Strommer10
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM

A real name
Andrew Okland is no longer on the team as of this past weekend. I'm not sure why this hasn't been snuffed out yet by Kolpack or Izzo, but lakes' sources are correct to my knowledge. It's really too bad as he is a local kid with a lot of talent and potential.

Kermit
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Andrew Okland is no longer on the team as of this past weekend. I'm not sure why this hasn't been snuffed out yet by Kolpack or Izzo, but lakes' sources are correct to my knowledge. It's really too bad as he is a local kid with a lot of talent and potential.

Those guys are pros. They hear about lots of things that they don't immediately report.

SlickVic
02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Those guys are pros. They hear about lots of things that they don't immediately report.

wasn't immediatly reported looks to me lakes waited til signing day kermie smart move if ya ask me if this concerns recruits hosts etc

ndsubison1
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
If true it is really too bad. Okland i feel had a lot of potential and I thought he would improve immensely next season

344Johnson
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
If true it is really too bad. Okland i feel had a lot of potential and I thought he would improve immensely next season

Loved him as a deep threat. Thought he still had a ton of potential as well. Best of luck to him.

Mr. Burgundy
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM

that is my problem, someone may think they have "scooped" the media, but the media has this stuff days in advance, they just don't post it, say it, because they get PROOF before they say anything, because they are paid to be responsible journalists. This story can/may change of the next week or so....so just because someone says something happened, it may change, etc.

EndZoneQB
02-06-2013, 09:55 PM

Exactly. Which is why the message board sometimes gets the story first...less fact checking, etc.

A real name

Mr. Burgundy is as real as they come. He doesn't post rumors and is well connected. I'm not going to post his real name just because you feel you need it, however, PLENTY of us know him in person. I'm also not going to post my other source because they don't want to be identified. Most people know I also don't keep posting about a "rumor" that is unsubstantiated..and you have likely seen me post enough to know that is not my style. I'm not here to scoop anyone, I just wanted to see if there was any truth to the topic. There are enough people coming out with information on this, you can relax now.

that is my problem, someone may think they have "scooped" the media, but the media has this stuff days in advance, they just don't post it, say it, because they get PROOF before they say anything, because they are paid to be responsible journalists. This story can/may change of the next week or so....so just because someone says something happened, it may change, etc.

Haha, as you were posting this I was posting my comment in response to Kermit as well. I agree. And looking at what lakes posted, in his defense, he wasn't trying to play it like he scooped it, it was more posted like it was general knowledge in passing. He wasn't who clued me into it or "confirmed" it for me, for the record.

BFKasper14
02-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Talked with him earlier today. He was hosting a recruit and brought him to a party. Said recruit tweeted about it. The AD saw the tweet and told Bohl. Bohl said he was going to suspend him and take away his scholarship. He decided to focus on school and work than play football and have his parents pay for everything.

Might be more to it, but that's from the horse's mouth.

aces1180
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Talked with him earlier today. He was hosting a recruit and brought him to a party. Said recruit tweeted about it. The AD saw the tweet and told Bohl. Bohl said he was going to suspend him and take away his scholarship. He decided to focus on school and work than play football and have his parents pay for everything.

Might be more to it, but that's from the horse's mouth.

If that's the case, that's an unfortunate deal...

I assume he earned a scholarship after walking on?

westnodak93bison
02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
How many schools ban players from using "twitter" ?

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
If that's the case, that's an unfortunate deal...

I assume he earned a scholarship after walking on?No walk on...he came in on scholarship.

aces1180
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
How many schools ban players from using "twitter" ?

There are quite a few actually...We saw first hand how Twitter can be hazardous right before the Lehigh playoff game in 2011...However, in this case, it seems as though Okland wasn't the person who sent the Tweet...It was the recruit.

aces1180
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
No walk on...he came in on scholarship.

Geez...I'm having a bad week...Moody was the walk-on.

NDSU '96
02-07-2013, 01:41 PM
A host takes a recruit to a party and gets his scholarship yanked for it? There must be more to it. Did the party get busted? Did the host and/or the recruit get in trouble with the police? Seems like the punishment was a bit severe for the crime, unless it was simply an expedient way to pull a scholly.

If every host that took a recruit to a party lost his ride, there'd be precious few left.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
A host takes a recruit to a party and gets his scholarship yanked for it? There must be more to it. Did the party get busted? Did the host and/or the recruit get in trouble with the police? Seems like the punishment was a bit severe for the crime, unless it was simply an expedient way to pull a scholly.

If every host that took a recruit to a party lost his ride, there'd be precious few left.

Times have changed. Wouldn't "taking a 17-18 year old high school kid to a party" be right at the top of the DON'T list?

Right along with don't hook him up with some drugs, get him drunk, or hook him up with some chick.

Isn't the Host an official representative of NDSU during the visit?

steelbison
02-07-2013, 01:52 PM

Your kidding me right??? You don't think there is a rule in place when hosting that there is absolutely no drinking and partying? So many bad things can happen plus it is against the law.

The last thing you would want when recruiting a kid is there to be trouble on his visit. That would pretty end any chance we would have at a kid.

How would you feel as a parent if you sent your son on a visit and you found out he ended up going to a partying and getting drunk....doubt it would make you very happy..

NDSU '96
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Times have changed. Wouldn't "taking a 17-18 year old high school kid to a party" be right at the top of the DON'T list?

Right along with don't hook him up with some drugs, get him drunk, or hook him up with some chick.

Isn't the Host an official representative of NDSU during the visit? Sure the times have changed...if you are referring to the lack of leather helmets on the field. The recruiting process is the same as it ever was-more cutthroat in many ways than it used to be due to scholarship limits.

Get him drunk and laid? Well, that always depended on the recruit. Recruits wanting to party made that very clear, there's no need to force anything. Your reference to drugs is nonsense.

Grizzled
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Times haven't changed that much. These guys arent sitting around the dorm room playing Playstation all evening unless that is 100% what the recruit wants to do. And that is not just here, its at every college across the country.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM

You are fooling yourself if you think the coaches don't want the host to take the recruit out to parties, etc. They won't tell you that, it's "show them a good time" type of a deal..."surprise me"...etc. They want the recruit to get the full college experience for sure...and going to parties is, frankly, part of that experience.

The fine line gets crossed when you start talking about tweeting about it.

tjbison
02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Twitter and Facebook is like a disease, I just don't get why people need to post everything that happens in their day......stupid

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
You are fooling yourself if you think the coaches don't want the host to take the recruit out to parties, etc. They won't tell you that, it's "show them a good time" type of a deal..."surprise me"...etc. They want the recruit to get the full college experience for sure...and going to parties is, frankly, part of that experience.

The fine line gets crossed when you start talking about tweeting about it.

Apparently it was the recruit that tweeted about it.

Educate me. If the coaches are fine with it, why would it cost a kid a scholarship?

Finally, where do you draw the line? Drinking, Drugs, Strippers, hookers? All sound like a good time to some people. All would have got me to sign a NLI.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Twitter and Facebook is like a disease, I just don't get why people need to post everything that happens in their day......stupid

I have no excuses for the young adults currently using it, but when we all got Facebook, it was ONLY for college students with a valid college email address. Still, it's not hard to protect yourself with either Twitter or Facebook. On Facebook, no one can see my tagged pictures, but me. I also have it set so that outsiders can't see any of my posts or anything more than my profile picture and cover photo. The same applies for Twitter...you can lock your account so only followers can see it...and you have to approve those followers.

Besides, the kids that grew up with Facebook/Twitter don't expect the older adults to really get what it is about...you didn't grow up with it.

Apparently it was the recruit that tweeted about it.

Educate me. If the coaches are fine with it, why would it cost a kid a scholarship?

Finally, where do you draw the line? Drinking, Drugs, Strippers, hookers? All sound like a good time to some people. All would have got me to sign a NLI.

It's an unspoken thing...the coaches are "fine" with it...as in they don't want to know/hear about it. As soon as it starts becoming spoken about, you have to act or you face tons of criticism from the outside. Like someone else pointed out, it doesn't just happen here...such is just the nature of the beast.

cbline
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM

What, you don't want to know that I had Corn Chex for breakfast or that I will buy Valentine's candy later today??? I am offended by your apathy about my personal life! :)

aces1180
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I have no excuses for the young adults currently using it, but when we all got Facebook, it was ONLY for college students with a valid college email address. Still, it's not hard to protect yourself with either Twitter or Facebook. On Facebook, no one can see my tagged pictures, but me. I also have it set so that outsiders can't see any of my posts or anything more than my profile picture and cover photo. The same applies for Twitter...you can lock your account so only followers can see it...and you have to approve those followers.

It's an unspoken thing...the coaches are "fine" with it...as in they don't want to know/hear about it. As soon as it starts becoming spoken about, you have to act or you face tons of criticism from the outside. Like someone else pointed out, it doesn't just happen here...such is just the nature of the beast.

To take it even further, I use a setting that doesn't allow people to search for my profile in Facebook or any search engine for that matter. The user would need to know my direct address, or share a common friend with me in order to find the page (which is also very protected). You never know if a potential employer is looking. I also have my Twitter feed on lockdown and in order to follow me, you must get permission. The only social media I keep open in my LinkedIn account.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
To take it even further, I use a setting that doesn't allow people to search for my profile in Facebook or any search engine for that matter. The user would need to know my direct address, or share a common friend with me in order to find the page (which is also very protected). You never know if a potential employer is looking.

Yeah, if I am applying for a job, it gets deactivated.

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
It is amazing the stupid crap people post on Facebook. I rarely check it, but when I do I pretty much just look at the pics. I lose too much respect for people when I read their posts. I can't believe they have gotten so boring that they post such trivial crap.

As for recruits, parties, etc...c'mon people...try to remember being 18-21.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Sure the times have changed...if you are referring to the lack of leather helmets on the field. The recruiting process is the same as it ever was-more cutthroat in many ways than it used to be due to scholarship limits.

Get him drunk and laid? Well, that always depended on the recruit. Recruits wanting to party made that very clear, there's no need to force anything. Your reference to drugs is nonsense.

Really?

Is there a Team Rule against breaking the law? I'm guessing Okland is not 21 and the recruit certainly isn't.

So, do the coaches encourage this and still feel it is necessary to cut a scholarship if it happens? WTF?

Why would ANY current player say yes to a deal like that?

Bison06
02-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Your kidding me right??? You don't think there is a rule in place when hosting that there is absolutely no drinking and partying? So many bad things can happen plus it is against the law.

The last thing you would want when recruiting a kid is there to be trouble on his visit. That would pretty end any chance we would have at a kid.

How would you feel as a parent if you sent your son on a visit and you found out he ended up going to a partying and getting drunk....doubt it would make you very happy..

I have to say that I laughed out loud at both of these posts. If you don't think recruits are being taken to parties and being introduced to...let's say "loose" women you are not living in the same world as me.

Of course there are guys that aren't into those sorts of things on their visits and then they aren't brought into that scene. Your job as a recruiting host is to show them a good time. Whatever that means is open to interpretation.

westnodak93bison
02-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Managing 100 young college kids must lead to many sleepless nights.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I have to say that I laughed out loud at both of these posts. If you don't think recruits are being taken to parties and being introduced to...let's say "loose" women you are not living in the same world as me.

Of course there are guys that aren't into those sorts of things on their visits and then they aren't brought into that scene. Your job as a recruiting host is to show them a good time. Whatever that means is open to interpretation.

Didn't say it wasn't happening. Just disagree that Bohl and the AD are "fine" with it and encourage it. I'd say that Bohl's actions with Okland prove my point.

Bison06
02-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Didn't say it wasn't happening. Just disagree that Bohl and the AD are "fine" with it and encourage it. I'd say that Bohl's actions with Okland back my point.

Coach Bohl played college football and has been in it his whole life, he isn't naive.

The term plausable deniability comes to mind. If someone tweets about it, he can no longer justify believing it isn't going on and was likely forced to take action.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Coach Bohl played college football and has been in it his whole life, he isn't naive.

The term plausable deniability comes to mind. If someone tweets about it, he can no longer justify believing it isn't going on and was likely forced to take action.

Exactly what I was alluding to in my previous post. They are "fine" with it(the quotes are there for a reason) as long as it doesn't start becoming front and center like Twitter, etc. Then, they have to do something about it. The naivety is strong in here today...

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
You know, if these recruits are going to parties, they should prolly enroll in a Planned Parenthood class while they are in town. :D

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Then there must be a set of rules given to the hosts and what happened is on the DON'T list. That was my original point. Why else would Okland be gone?

If a coach told me that he wanted me to do something and then pulled my scholarship worth north of $60,000, there would be Legal issues.

If my kid went on a visit and something bad happened due to a Host doing what the coaching staff told him to do, you can bet the school would have issues.

I'm not being a prude. I know things happen. I don't believe for a second that Bohl is in any way "FINE" with players breaking the Law with Recruits. Furthermore, it is something the Host has ZERO CONTROL over.

As a scholarship player, you have an obligation to host recruits. It comes with the territory. If you are stupid enough to risk your scholarship over a kid that might not even come to NDSU, then you probably aren't smart enough to be here anyway. If the coachiong staff encourages you to do something and then cuts you off at the knees when it gets out, that's just plain wrong. For the record, I don't believe that is how it works. "Plausible deniability" is a stupid concept in this case because it paints the Coach as a dirtbag and I don't believe it.

Tatanka
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
You know, if these recruits are going to parties, they should prolly enroll in a Planned Parenthood class while they are in town. :D

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/60/200x200px-ZC-600a95ef_I-See-What-You-Did-There-Rage-Face-Meme.png

MontBison
02-07-2013, 03:04 PM

If every host that took a recruit to a party lost his ride, there'd be NO ONE left.

FIFY

10 char

Bison06
02-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Then there must be a set of rules given to the hosts and what happened is on the DON'T list. That was my original point. Why else would Okland be gone?

If a coach told me that he wanted me to do something and then pulled my scholarship worth north of $60,000, there would be Legal issues.

If my kid went on a visit and something bad happened due to a Host doing what the coaching staff told him to do, you can bet the school would have issues.

I'm not being a prude. I know things happen. I don't believe for a second that Bohl is in any way "FINE" with players breaking the Law with Recruits. Furthermore, it is something the Host has ZERO CONTROL over.

As a scholarship player, you have an obligation to host recruits. It comes with the territory. If you are stupid enough to risk your scholarship over a kid that might not even come to NDSU, then you probably aren't smart enough to be here anyway. If the coachiong staff encourages you to do something and then cuts you off at the knees when it gets out, that's just plain wrong. For the record, I don't believe that is how it works. "Plausible deniability" is a stupid concept in this case because it paints the Coach as a dirtbag and I don't believe it.

It doesn't make a coach a dirtbag to live in the real world. College kids drink, high school kids drink, College kids have permiscuous sexual lives at times, same with high school kids. Coach Bohl is not the players' dad.

With that said, Coach Bohl would never tell any player it was "ok" to break or even bend the law. He explicitly says not to do some of these things in fact. It wasn't a "wink wink, hush hush" thing. It was however an unwritten rule(who knows where they originate) that players are to be shown a "good time", don't get in trouble.

The very first question I was asked by my recruiting host once we were alone is "Do you want to drink", followed by "do you have a girlfriend". I was in control of what my experience would be like that night. Granted this was over 10 years ago now, but some things never change as they say.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 03:12 PM

I wonder what would have happened to the folks that hosted PL if PL had tweated about it. (Probably PL's greatest Bisonville post for those that are naive to this story.)

aces1180
02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
It doesn't make a coach a dirtbag to live in the real world. College kids drink, high school kids drink, College kids have permiscuous sexual lives at times, same with high school kids. Coach Bohl is not the players' dad.

With that said, Coach Bohl would never tell any player it was "ok" to break or even bend the law. He explicitly says not to do some of these things in fact. It wasn't a "wink wink, hush hush" thing. It was however an unwritten rule(who knows where they originate) that players are to be shown a "good time", don't get in trouble.

The very first question I was asked by my recruiting host once we were alone is "Do you want to drink", followed by "do you have a girlfriend". I was in control of what my experience would be like that night. Granted this was over 10 years ago now, but some things never change as they say.

You are spot on and know first hand. I'll add that it happens at EVERY school, whether it is Valley City, Mary, NDSU or Alabama...When my friends were being recruited in HS, they all went on a visit to Concordia...Do you think they sat around, prayed and ate milk and cookies...No, they went to a party with a goal of hooking up with a slutty college chick. People just can't be dumb about it.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM

Impossible. Not in this day and age. I refuse to believe it. Refuse.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Which was my initial point. It's NOT OK and the coaches aren't FINE with it.

Apparently, the AD or somebody in the department is monitoring Twitter feeds of recruits. Gee, do you wonder why they are doing that? And I'm the naive one?

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Exactly!!!!!!

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Exactly!!!!!!

So, why would somebody at NDSU even consider checking Twitter feeds of recruits? They better stop that so we can remain in the dark. I mean, if we want to maintain deniability we shouldn't go looking for things like this. It just cost us a WR.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
So, why would somebody at NDSU even consider checking Twitter feeds of recruits? They better stop that so we can remain in the dark. I mean, if we want to maintain deniability we shouldn't go looking for things like this. It just cost us a WR.

They like witch hunts, I guess. Also, if I was the "hosting player," I'd put the fear of living God into the recruit that abosolutely nothing is posted online. This younger generation is just not too smart sometimes.

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I wonder what would have happened to the folks that hosted PL if PL had tweated about it. (Probably PL's greatest Bisonville post for those that are naive to this story.)

Dont forget that the coach that recruited me said---I heard you had a good time last night----when he picked me up on Sunday am for breakfast. Hopefully my host didnt give him the details.

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Dont forget that the coach that recruited me said---I heard you had a good time last night----when he picked me up on Sunday am for breakfast. Hopefully my host didnt give him the details.I missed this story...please repost.

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
You really think the AD has the time/personnel to monitor twitter feeds? This was brought to their attention and then had to be dealt with.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I missed this story...please repost.

It is in the old Bison Memories thread. I think you started it for gosh sakes.....

Bison06
02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Which was my initial point. It's NOT OK and the coaches aren't FINE with it.

Apparently, the AD or somebody in the department is monitoring Twitter feeds of recruits. Gee, do you wonder why they are doing that? And I'm the naive one?

Well for crying out loud, do you think it might have something to do with it going public? Yes you are the naive one.

WYOBISONMAN
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Dont forget that the coach that recruited me said---I heard you had a good time last night----when he picked me up on Sunday am for breakfast. Hopefully my host didnt give him the details.

Well, we don't want to hear the details from either you or Charlie.......probably too sordid for me to handle.... ;)

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM

I guess you just dont get it.
Besides that WE dont know what was tweeted do we? NO. We also dont know what exactly happened with this recruit at the party do we? NO. We also dont know if we have really lost this receiver yet have we? NO. IMO there is still a chance he will return to the team. BUT thats just my opinion.

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Well, we don't want to hear the details from either you or Charlie.......probably too sordid for me to handle.... ;)

There is a post of my recruiting visit some where on BV. Sorid doesnt come close.:biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
There is a post of my recruiting visit some where on BV. Sorid doesnt come close.:biggrin:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?7917-Bison-memories/page7&highlight=bison+memories

tcbison
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Dom Izzo tweets:

#NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) HC Craig Bohl confirms that wide receiver Andrew Okland "has definitely not been dismissed from team."

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Dun dun dun.

coldspot
02-07-2013, 04:05 PM
but...bisonville is NEVER wrong.

Strommer10
02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Dom Izzo tweets:

#NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) HC Craig Bohl confirms that wide receiver Andrew Okland "has definitely not been dismissed from team."
I don't think anyone who knows what happened ever said he was dismissed from the team.

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't think anyone who knows what happened ever said he was dismissed from the team.Exactly...it is a play on words. Bohl did not dismiss him...he quit.

coldspot
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/389144/group/homepage/

Strommer10
02-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Exactly...it is a play on words. Bohl did not dismiss him...he quit.
Bingo

10 char

Bison 4 Life
02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/389144/group/homepage/

Now I believe it.

Sounds like some hurt feelings got the better of the kid. Might be back in the Fall. As soon as he gets that ring he might change his mind.

BisonCountry
02-07-2013, 04:18 PM
As a Bison Football fan I hope he finds his passion again, as I thought he showed great promise as a WR, but if that is not his passion so be it. I wish him the Best of luck in school and thank him for his contributions to last years Championship.

Bisonator98
02-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Whatever he decides to do I wish him well. It's definitely not easy being a student athlete. Time management is critical and some kids can struggle with that, very few are able to play at the next level anyway. Get your degree Andrew that's the most important thing!

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Now that Bison 4 Life has been convinced, what are we gonna talk about? :D

SlickVic
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Is this wherr u all apoligize to Lakes and me ? U guys are somthing else man

BisonTeacher
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
but...bisonville is NEVER wrong.

What does pink font mean again? :biggrin:

MN_BISON
02-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Is this wherr u all apoligize to Lakes and me ? U guys are somthing else man

Slick is right, eat up boys, crow is on the menu today.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Now that Bison 4 Life has been convinced, what are we gonna talk about? :D

No kidding. Let's hope he's not religious or he might as well change his name to Hypocrite 4 Life...

Bison 4 Life
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Slick is right, eat up boys, crow is on the menu today.

What do I care if they were right? They are no different than a bunch of gossip hounds until it's reported.

Go ahead, gossip all you want, nobody's stopping you.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
What do I care if they were right? They are no different than a bunch of gossip hounds until it's reported.

I think you may be just slightly missing the point. The definition about gossip is: "Casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true."

On this board, there are certain people you can trust as they are very close to the program. Those people usually very much know what happened. I have learned just to be silent on this kind of stuff and then not be surprised when it is true. Most things break way before on Bisonville due to this. Further, Tony does not look kindly on posts about folks that end up not being true.....

MN_BISON
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM

How does it taste? Do you use Frank's Red Hot on yours? I wouldn't call Slick a gossip hound either, pretty good poster on this board. Also, please find me a post where I've posted any gossip on this forum.

TAILG8R
02-07-2013, 05:20 PM
I think arguing this long over something on a message board is as lame as posting gossip on a message board.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I guess you just dont get it.
Besides that WE dont know what was tweeted do we? NO. We also dont know what exactly happened with this recruit at the party do we? NO. We also dont know if we have really lost this receiver yet have we? NO. IMO there is still a chance he will return to the team. BUT thats just my opinion.

What don't I get?

Okland quit the team. Part of the decision was because he was told he was likely to lose his scholarship (That's what he told a poster and the Forum story seems to back that up). All because a recruit tweeted that Okland took him to a party (also something that Okland told a poster). I simply expressed an opinion that it was apparently not allowed by the coaches or the school. Of course, I'm completely wrong about that because Bohl and NDSU are "Fine" with it and encourage doing this with recruits. Every school does the same thing. But, apparently. if it comes out, you get suspended and lose your scholarship. (So apparently, it isn't fine)

My only suggestion would be to make a list of the scholarship players you can't afford to lose and don't have them host recruits.

Hell, I'm not surprised things like this happen. Bohls' response is absolute proof that it isn't "fine" with him. If I was a scholarship athlete, there is no way in Hell I'd take a recruit anywhere near a party. I wouldn't let a high school kid hold my future in his hands. Don't kid yourself, every Tweet is available and every program has their share of people creeping on recruit's Twitter feeds. Social media has incredible power that most don't appreciate.

Of course this is no big deal. It's a position where we are stacked and a player that didn't exactly contribute as much as some thought he would. I wonder what we would be saying if it was a different position and a higher profile player. That's more than a little scary.

EndZoneQB
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
What don't I get?

Okland quit the team. Part of the decision was because he was told he was likely to lose his scholarship (That's what he told a poster and the Forum story seems to back that up). All because a recruit tweeted that Okland took him to a party (also something that Okland told a poster). I simply expressed an opinion that it was apparently not allowed by the coaches or the school. Of course, I'm completely wrong about that because Bohl and NDSU are "Fine" with it and encourage doing this with recruits. Every school does the same thing. But, apparently. if it comes out, you get suspended and lose your scholarship. (So apparently, it isn't fine)

My only suggestion would be to make a list of the scholarship players you can't afford to lose and don't have them host recruits.

Hell, I'm not surprised things like this happen. Bohls' response is absolute proof that it isn't "fine" with him. If I was a scholarship athlete, there is no way in Hell I'd take a recruit anywhere near a party. I wouldn't let a high school kid hold my future in his hands. Don't kid yourself, every Tweet is available and every program has their share of people creeping on recruit's Twitter feeds. Social media has incredible power that most don't appreciate.

Of course this is no big deal. It's a position where we are stacked and a player that didn't exactly contribute as much as some thought he would. I wonder what we would be saying if it was a different position and a higher profile player. That's more than a little scary.

Um, he was a redshirt freshman, averaging 14.3 yards/catch is pretty stellar. I was counting on some pretty big things from him.

BisonNeil, is that you??

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 05:43 PM
For the record, I was just poking fun at Bison 4 Life...no angst intended. Bison 4 Life is a decent guy.* Just having a little fun.

*Unlike Northernbison**
**Can't trust anybody from that region.

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Um, he was a redshirt freshman, averaging 14.3 yards/catch is pretty stellar. I was counting on some pretty big things from him.

BisonNeil, is that you??

Actually no. I'm not Neil and I was out of line with that comment. I too was expecting big things out of him.

I apologize if I'm being abrasive on this subject but it just pisses me off that it is being taken lightly. We lost a highly regarded young player, in part due to a fricken Tweet about a party.

It is the FIRST time this has happened to US but the growth of Social Media scares the crap out of me. We, as fans don't have much to say about what happens but I refuse to take stuff like this lightly because I'm worried about where it might go. The Lehigh star that got suspended for a Tweet was not lost on me.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Actually no. I'm not Neil and I was out of line with that comment. I too was expecting big things out of him.

I apologize if I'm being abrasive on this subject but it just pisses me off that it is being taken lightly. We lost a highly regarded young player, in part due to a fricken Tweet about a party.

It is the FIRST time this has happened to US but the growth of Social Media scares the crap out of me. We, as fans don't have much to say about what happens but I refuse to take stuff like this lightly because I'm worried about where it might go. The Lehigh star that got suspended for a Tweet was not lost on me.

Well said. Reps to you. I agree one million %.

TAILG8R
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM

If anyone looked at the recruits twitter accounts, you would have cringed at what some of them were posting. I did no digging, just looked at what came up on the first page when a link to someones twitter account was provided in the recruiting thread. There were plenty of things posted that not only were just plain embarrassing but could potentially be troublesome if the player where currently playing college ball. It is too easy for people(not just kids) to forget that what they are putting out there is not being seen by just their friends and also that those other people seeing the posts/tweets may not have the same mindset that you have.

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Quick conspiracy question:

Any chance Bohl picked the alledged punishment for Oakland to free up money for this current recruiting class? Discuss.

MNLonghorn10
02-07-2013, 06:07 PM

BisonNeil, is that you??
dont worry, Cooper Wahlo is still here!

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Any chance Bohl picked the alledged punishment for Oakland to free up money for this current recruiting class? Discuss.Not a chance.

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Over the last 3-5 years social media has gone nuts. With that common sense has gone out the window.. The Big Universities and the pros have been trying to get a handle on it. Players for some reason think they are in a vacuum when they use these sites and dont feel there should be any accountability because---its just the internet. But how do you get a handle on it when kids also know they arent supposed to drink while underage but they still do. Only thing that can be done is ban any talk what so ever about NDSU football etc. Period. Any communication about players and team go through the appropriate channels.

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Any chance Bohl picked the alledged punishment for Oakland to free up money for this current recruiting class? Discuss.

NO!!!!!!!!!!

jarhead
02-07-2013, 06:16 PM

Zero.

Don't know if Andrew or his family will bother looking at this thread but, in case they do, I would like to add my best wishes for his future. It's been a pleasure watching him play.

BisonTeacher
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Don't know if Andrew or his family will bother looking at this thread but, in case they do, I would like to add my best wishes for his future.

Well of course they do! Doesnt everyone read Bisonville?

THEsocalledfan
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Glad to hear that type of thing I asked would not be done. (By the way, to be clear, I was not at all suggesting this is what happened.) You have all restored my faith in humanity that I lost the first time I met TAB.....

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Over the last 3-5 years social media has gone nuts. With that common sense has gone out the window.. The Big Universities and the pros have been trying to get a handle on it. Players for some reason think they are in a vacuum when they use these sites and dont feel there should be any accountability because---its just the internet. But how do you get a handle on it when kids also know they arent supposed to drink while underage but they still do. Only thing that can be done is ban any talk what so ever about NDSU football etc. Period. Any communication about players and team go through the appropriate channels.

I know. My daughter is in her first year of college working toward an Early Childhood/Elementary Ed degree. She has a friend named Julian who's nickname is "Jew". Some of the things I've seen her post on Facebook caused us to have a discussion about how others might interpret her posts if they ever saw them and about how long this stuff stays out there. Suffice it to say, I impressed upon her the need to think about what gets posted. Oversensitive? Maybe.

My rule with both kids is that I WILL be their Facebook friend, etc and they WILL NOT block me. I'm paying the bill every month on smart phones and internet. They can block me but things will then stop working. I have to admit I'm not 100% sure I would catch them but bluff and bluster sometimes go a long way.

BisonTeacher
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
I know. My daughter is in her first year of college working toward an Early Childhood/Elementary Ed degree. She has a friend named Julian who's nickname is "Jew". Some of the things I've seen her post on Facebook caused us to have a discussion about how others might interpret her posts if they ever saw them and about how long this stuff stays out there. Suffice it to say, I impressed upon her the need to think about what gets posted. Oversensitive? Maybe.

My rule with both kids is that I WILL be their Facebook friend, etc and they WILL NOT block me. I'm paying the bill every month on smart phones and internet. They can block me but things will then stop working. I have to admit I'm not 100% sure I would catch them but bluff and bluster sometimes go a long way.

I have a friend who does the same thing. Two daughters. Pays for the iphones etc...but the deal is he can look at them whenever he wants.

As a teacher, I do not have a facebook or twitter or any social media account other than Bisonville.

ndsubison1
02-07-2013, 09:20 PM

theres a law against going to a party?

TransAmBison
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
theres a law against going to a party?
Enforced by the fun police.

ndsubison1
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Times haven't changed that much. These guys arent sitting around the dorm room playing Playstation all evening unless that is 100% what the recruit wants to do. And that is not just here, its at every college across the country.

bingo.
ten char

Professor Chaos
02-07-2013, 09:26 PM
If I was hosting a recruit I'd show him how I can change the volume on my television with the stereo on at the same time. Does anyone know why?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/810/831/CalNaughtonJr_display_image.jpg?1327032874
Because I like to party!

ndsubison1
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM

Host: PL, what kind of sausage do you like? There are plenty of sausage parties around here

tjamz
02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
It is amazing the stupid crap people post on Facebook. I rarely check it, but when I do I pretty much just look at the pics. I lose too much respect for people when I read their posts. I can't believe they have gotten so boring that they post such trivial crap.

That's why I usually don't read what you post on bisonville...

:hide:

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
That's why I usually don't read what you post on bisonville...

:hide:

Bazinga. You probably shouldn't have done that.

tjamz
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Bazinga. You probably shouldn't have done that.

I think TAB know's I'm messing with him. And as far as I know I'm probably one of the people on facebook that he's lost respect for... so by the mutual lack of respect we are now friends again somehow.... I think.

unbison
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
i am good friends with lakes as many of you are well aware of...him spitting this shit out on twitter was low class and not actually being a fan of the bison but a chance for him to say i know more then you and for that i am pissed...........it did not help the bison and it did not help andrew it somehow in some sick way helped him anyway enough
andrew please come back and make coach bowl ashamed he ever took your scholly away

NorthernBison
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I think TAB know's I'm messing with him. And as far as I know I'm probably one of the people on facebook that he's lost respect for... so by the mutual lack of respect we are now friends again somehow.... I think.

Even if he likes you, the cost will be steep.

tjamz
02-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Even if he likes you, the cost will be steep.

I already joined his church and have the tattoo... what else can he possibly want from me?

56BISON73
02-07-2013, 11:03 PM
I already joined his church and have the tattoo... what else can he possibly want from me?

Which tattoo?? That will be your answer

BlueBisonRock
02-07-2013, 11:33 PM
i am good friends with lakes as many of you are well aware of...him spitting this shit out on twitter was low class and not actually being a fan of the bison but a chance for him to say i know more then you and for that i am pissed...........it did not help the bison and it did not help andrew it somehow in some sick way helped him anyway enough
andrew please come back and make coach bowl ashamed he ever took your scholly away

UnB, I agree with your statement, and also believe the followon gossip hurt the situation even more. If we do not have the old lady gossip here on Bisonville, there is the possibility of a reconciliation. This crap makes that reconciliation much more difficult!

There are times when it is a hell of a lot better to STFU rather than spend time spinning the story.

This thread belongs in the Hall of Shame.

sunnydays
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Help me out incase I missed it but did the recruit sign with the Bison??????????????

unbison
02-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Help me out incase I missed it but did the recruit sign with the Bison??????????????
yes pwo:hide:

tony
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Based on comments I heard from the student section at the USD game, hearts are breaking all over on campus. I wonder if the students will do a rally to try to convince him to stay like they did for Chapman?

Andrew is going to make a name for himself no matter what he does so I'm not worried about him at all.

westnodak93bison
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
This is disappointing. He sure seems to have a ton of potential to me.

Bison"FANatic"
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Well I wish the kid good luck and congratulate him on his accomplishments. If I remember right he didn't even play football till his JR or SR year in high school and he proved that he could play division 1 football and ended up walking away with a championship ring. The time and work commitment is crazy that these kids put in to play the game at the level they have the last few years. Sometimes life's big picture for some of them doesn't match up with time and work commitment that football takes. It is not like he is walking away from college, he is walking away from football to concentrate on college and what he is going to do the rest of his life. Good luck to him and truly hope that Coach and him have a good sit down and part in a amicable way but that is between coach and the staff and him and his family. It is really to bad that it seems this got pushed out by social media before the parties involved had everything resolved between themselves.

TransAmBison
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I guess I don't agree with most of the posts lately. He quit after getting punished. I do believe that this was just part of it...but that makes it even worse in my eyes. The kid has tons of talent, but may be lacking in heart. Very disappointed in him. Gotta love the kids with less talent but have the drive to do whatever it takes. What a waste. I hope he changes his mind.

THEsocalledfan
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I guess I don't agree with most of the posts lately. He quit after getting punished. I do believe that this was just part of it...but that makes it even worse in my eyes. The kid has tons of talent, but may be lacking in heart. Very disappointed in him. Gotta love the kids with less talent but have the drive to do whatever it takes. What a waste. I hope he changes his mind.

I 95% agree with this. The only comment I will make is the time commitment of football is staggering. So, say now you lost your scholarship, I can understand the perspective as now you are "volunteering" you time. (It is not like everything they have to do is fun; far from it.) Further, the challenges of attending classes and doing decent in school are still there.

So, is it heart? Or is it "brain" if he is serious about completing his education? Honestly, I don't know as if he had a chance to earn the scholie back, I would probably go completely to your point of view.

Jdubs21
02-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Best of luck andrew

JustinTyem
02-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Im so happy Im not in this crap fight:duel:!!!!!