http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?feature=mhee#p/u/0/NFKUXjM2b-I

DjKyRo
09-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Per Coach Bohl on the football show sunday morning:

"You try and cheat up and we're gonna go over the top."

Music to my ears.

westnodak93bison
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
yeah, great and everything but lets make a REAL TOUGH TEAM pay the price before we start dancing in the streets.

344Johnson
09-06-2011, 12:46 PM
yeah, great and everything but lets make a REAL TOUGH TEAM pay the price before we start dancing in the streets.

I agree, but even against a good team, that ball was put right where it needed to be put, and he took a shot on the pass. That is the type of play that theoretically should be able to work against anyone.

mnriverbison
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree, but even against a good team, that ball was put right where it needed to be put, and he took a shot on the pass. That is the type of play that theoretically should be able to work against anyone.

I think the LU dbacks may have been overmatched last week. We learn a lot about this team starting on the 24th. Till then it's just excitement-generating time.

BISON Thunder
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I think the LU dbacks may have been overmatched last week. We learn a lot about this team starting on the 24th. Till then it's just excitement-generating time.

Agree...although Jensen demonstrated he is capable of being a good QB, at least two of his sideline passes could have been intercepted and brought to the house by CB's with a little more experience/talent. A pass fake once in awhile, would do wonders...

coloradobison
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
The question I have is this - why is Warren the only one who goes deep? Dont get me wrong, he has proven the last few years he can do it and it has worked well. But you have Gebhart, who was a track champion in high school, and Wahlo, who some people have said is the fastest reciever all together, why cant we integrate them into the game in the fashion some, in addition to Warren? Maybe it will help the repore with Brock and get their confidence up a little to help contribute on other routes thoughout the game, and so the defense doesnt have to focus only on stopping Warren.

CAS4127
09-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Agree...although Jensen demonstrated he is capable of being a good QB, at least two of his sideline passes could have been intercepted and brought to the house by CB's with a little more experience/talent. A pass fake once in awhile, would do wonders...

You are spot on here, BisonT--throw those two againt Minnesota or even UNI or SIU and they go the other way for 6--he needs to get the ball out sooner--period. If on the long passes that ball could have and likely should have come out sooner. The more games he gets under his belt, the better it might get. Unfortunately, the Gopher game is coming soon, likely too soon. Jensen should play at least 2 1/2 quarters in the St. Fran game, just so his release timing can get better. Even thought SF sucks, it is still good to get reps at game speed, rather than against an overmatched scout team. Also, I will not be surprised if Esly is our starter by mid-season, whether Jensen is injured or not. That kid has swagger, throws a bullet, is athletic, feels comfortable in the pocket, and has leadership skills that are obvious to even the naked eye!!

Bison06
09-06-2011, 07:18 PM
You are spot on here, BisonT--throw those two againt Minnesota or even UNI or SIU and they go the other way for 6--he needs to get the ball out sooner--period. If on the long passes that ball could have and likely should have come out sooner. The more games he gets under his belt, the better it might get. Unfortunately, the Gopher game is coming soon, likely too soon. Jensen should play at least 2 1/2 quarters in the St. Fran game, just so his release timing can get better. Even thought SF sucks, it is still good to get reps at game speed, rather than against an overmatched scout team. Also, I will not be surprised if Esly is our starter by mid-season, whether Jensen is injured or not. That kid has swagger, throws a bullet, is athletic, feels comfortable in the pocket, and has leadership skills that are obvious to even the naked eye!!

I am all for seeing the game with a discerning eye, but reading your posts lately it sounds like you aren't happy with anything about our current team.

You can only play against the teams on the schedule and we just blew out the only team we played and looked pretty good doing it.

About the long throws to Holloway, it works the same in reverse as well. If we were playing UNI or Minnesota, maybe he throws a different ball because the DB is in a better position.

I think anytime a QB can connect with a WR on a deep ball like that it is something to get excited about, the timing is there whether they are playing Lafayette or UM.

CAS4127
09-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I am all for seeing the game with a discerning eye, but reading your posts lately it sounds like you aren't happy with anything about our current team.

You can only play against the teams on the schedule and we just blew out the only team we played and looked pretty good doing it.

About the long throws to Holloway, it works the same in reverse as well. If we were playing UNI or Minnesota, maybe he throws a different ball because the DB is in a better position.

I think anytime a QB can connect with a WR on a deep ball like that it is something to get excited about, the timing is there whether they are playing Lafayette or UM.

I am quite happy with our defense, especially the DL and LB''s, the secondary looks solid, although depth is questionable; our offensive line should get and will be better given we had two starters out, and we now have additional, significant game experience for two non-starters; our runningback sitituation is as good if not better than any in the country, we have great depth at QB, our kicker did well with POT AND kickoffs; Voit will get better with feeling comfortable at punting, etc., etc. My concern is that Vigen may not have improved, while our entire team of players appears to have done just that. Keep in mind, he is not only the OC, he is also the QB coach--think coaching the QB on proper timing/release points, play calling, etc.

SDbison
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The question I have is this - why is Warren the only one who goes deep? Dont get me wrong, he has proven the last few years he can do it and it has worked well. But you have Gebhart, who was a track champion in high school, and Wahlo, who some people have said is the fastest reciever all together, why cant we integrate them into the game in the fashion some, in addition to Warren? Maybe it will help the repore with Brock and get their confidence up a little to help contribute on other routes thoughout the game, and so the defense doesnt have to focus only on stopping Warren.
The Bison rarely send two deep.

SportsLover
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
The Bison rarely send two deep.

I think he was trying to say why does it always have to be Warren. Try to mix things up. Remember those days with Wurzbacher streaking down and across the middle, deep for a long pass... I havent seen that since.

CaBisonFan
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I think he was trying to say why does it always have to be Warren. Try to mix things up. Remember those days with Wurzbacher streaking down and across the middle, deep for a long pass... I havent seen that since.

I specifically remember the HUGE touchdown by Wurzbacher at Cal Poly prior to the winning TD. Think I've got the right guy...?? Could be wrong. But the point being...we went deep to another receiver in crunch time...to put it mildly.

17>1
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I specifically remember the HUGE touchdown by Wurzbacher at Cal Poly prior to the winning TD. Think I've got the right guy...?? Could be wrong. But the point being...we went deep to another receiver in crunch time...to put it mildly.

I'm thinking it was Jordan "Can I get a dime bag" Shultenover. But I may be wrong as well.

CaBisonFan
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm thinking it was Jordan "Can I get a dime bag" Shultenover. But I may be wrong as well.

Yir right !!!!!! Thanks

One of the most 'clutch' plays in Bison history...overshadowed by the great toss to Heck at the end. It set up the great ending. Unbelievable !!

No_Skill
09-06-2011, 10:47 PM

His release is what it is. 2 1/2 quarters won't change that. Thornton stepped on to the field and immediately had a quick release. That's not to say I prefer him over Jensen, I just don't see a big adjustment/improvement happening over the coarse of half a game.

CaBisonFan
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
His release is what it is. 2 1/2 quarters won't change that. Thornton stepped on to the field and immediately had a quick release. That's not to say I prefer him over Jensen, I just don't see a big adjustment/improvement happening over the coarse of half a game.

Esley reminds me of Kellen Moore at Boise State. That kind of quickness and attitude. No fear or hesitation.

1998braves64
09-07-2011, 04:33 AM
I have to say I saw improvement in Jensen over last year, last year seemed like the first 5-10 pass plays he was chucking it over the receivers heads or way off mark (distinctly remember receivers looking behind them going who's back there?! kind of feeling although I think they understood why). This year the first couple were a little off but at least in the area. He threw a few balls into tight spots, that if someone with quicker speed or experience probably could have jumped but maybe it was because he'd studied film enough to know that he could? You could tell he put something a little extra on those ones to try to make sure receiver was the only one going to catch it. I would wait until after the MN game to really make a determination I guess, Mertens looked pretty good against not so solid teams too.

JSUBison
09-07-2011, 04:54 AM
How do you record clips off of streaming games? I'd like to save some as well.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2011, 05:29 AM
How do you record clips off of streaming games? I'd like to save some as well.

This is the best program I've used...by far. And I've tried a lot. Download the trial version to see if you like it. I think I paid about 40 bucks after 30 days. It'll do pictures and still-shots from video too.

http://pixelmetrics.com/

It takes up an enormous amount of space while recording...but then it gives you the option to convert the files to wmv or others...which is a lot smaller. Write to me if you have problems. Good luck.

Twentysix
09-07-2011, 05:57 AM
This is the best program I've used...by far. And I've tried a lot. Download the trial version to see if you like it. I think I paid about 40 bucks after 30 days. It'll do pictures and still-shots from video too.

http://pixelmetrics.com/

It takes up an enormous amount of space while recording...but then it gives you the option to convert the files to wmv or others...which is a lot smaller. Write to me if you have problems. Good luck.

Fraps. Will also do it.

CAS4127
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM

I am not talking about the manner or "quickness" of his mechanics, I am talking about the thinking/reaction part of it, as in "OK, let her fly", not how quickly or what throwing motion he uses to get the ball out!! Game time experience would, or at least should, help in that area--thus my suggestion for more PT.