PDA

View Full Version : Blow out game before a tough game ?

4mcruenomore
09-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I know we have discussed this before, if Esley plays the whole 2nd half next week for example, is that good for Brock? As a player, do you come out at Minnesota a little rusty then? Just a thought.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Esley looked pretty good in relief. He throws a better ball compared to Brock.

It is nice to have 2 good QBs!!

GO BISON

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Esley looked pretty good in relief. He throws a better ball compared to Brock.

It is nice to have 2 good QBs!!

GO BISON

Are we starting the wrong guy? I did not get to see the game, but there have been a lot of comments about Jensen telegraphing his passes.....

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Are we starting the wrong guy? I did not get to see the game, but there have been a lot of comments about Jensen telegraphing his passes.....

IMO, Esley has a better throwing motion compared to Brock. I think if the opportunity arises for him he will respond and it will be tough for anyone to take the job away from him. But that is mostly a hunch from me. After a few rough few passes, Brock settled in fine. Ya, he does look where he is throwing but he was 15-22 I think.

It is nice having 2 QBs.

**Weren't you at the WYO game? Weber almost beat them.

Bison"FANatic"
09-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree that Brock telegraphed many passes but a lot of them were on blitzes and he was going to the hot receiver that was where the blitz was coming from. If we don't pump fake or progress through more receivers the Gophers and other teams are going to have some INT's. First game looked good though as it was our type of game.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:04 PM
The first few passes were rough, but Jensen improved. It is good to have two good QB's. I'm sure Bohl will have Jensen work on not telegraphing the pass.

NDSUstudent
09-04-2011, 02:09 PM
He does telegraph a bit but he isn't as bad about it as a few of our former QBs were. Plus he seems very comfortable in the pocket, on that bomb he completed to Holloway he took a nice shot but still threw a perfect pass.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Bison improve from this game to the next.

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
IMO, Esley has a better throwing motion compared to Brock. I think if the opportunity arises for him he will respond and it will be tough for anyone to take the job away from him. But that is mostly a hunch from me. After a few rough few passes, Brock settled in fine. Ya, he does look where he is throwing but he was 15-22 I think.

It is nice having 2 QBs.

**Weren't you at the WYO game? Weber almost beat them.

Yes......Wyoming looks terrible again this year. The Defense is pathetic. Weber pile up 541 yard of offense against the Pokes. I sure wish NDSU was playing the Cowboys this year. My daughter is constantly giving me grief about that game.....

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes......Wyoming looks terrible again this year. The Defense is pathetic. Weber pile up 541 yard of offense against the Pokes. I sure wish NDSU was playing the Cowboys this year. My daughter is constantly giving me grief about that game.....

WOW 541 yards.

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
WOW 541 yards.

And......Weber is supposed to be in the middle of the pack in the Big Sky. Just wait......Sept. 24 Nebraska comes to Laramie. I say screw having ambulances at the game......they will need hearses.

It is good NDSU has a stalwart defense again!!!!

HandoEX
09-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Wait, what are we referring to as a "tough game"?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Wait, what are we referring to as a "tough game"?

Sep 17th 1s vs the 2s

phxbison
09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
And......Weber is supposed to be in the middle of the pack in the Big Sky. Just wait......Sept. 24 Nebraska comes to Laramie. I say screw having ambulances at the game......they will need hearses.

It is good NDSU has a stalwart defense again!!!!

What a great line WYOBISONMAN ! I could'nt stop laughing. It sounds like it should be a famous quote from Vince Lombardi or some other famous coach.

344Johnson
09-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Sep 17th 1s vs the 2s

Toughest game on the schedule

ndsubison1
09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
i would like to see jensen play until about half way through the 3rd quarter, then give it to esley the rest of the way.

Twentysix
09-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I know we have discussed this before, if Esley plays the whole 2nd half next week for example, is that good for Brock? As a player, do you come out at Minnesota a little rusty then? Just a thought.

We have a bye between the games, Seems like the 2nd half is just more time for brock to get hurt. Its not like the U of m game is in week 3 its in week 4.

HerdBot
09-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Well be fine. In 07, we had a really bad Mississippi Valley team and beat the Gophers. This year we gave a cupcake and a bye.

ADVANTAGE
-2 easy games means we can run a basic offensive and do some things to mess with game planning of the Gophers
- more players get meaningful reps in cupcake game
- extra week to get healthy
- extra week to break down film

DISADVANTAGE
- rust
- rust

mnriverbison
09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
The bye after only two cupcakes kind of sucks. We won't see anything close to MNs size or speed until we line up against them. Our guys may surprise MN with our strength and speed if they assume were a step down from Miami OH, but their guys will literally be like nothing we've seen all year.

Notorious
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
This will be a much better coached team than we saw in previous years, AND, they are still much more talented that we are. While I think we always have a chance of winning, this one is a stretch...if we can stay within two touchdowns, I'd be surprised.

4mcruenomore
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
This will be a much better coached team than we saw in previous years, AND, they are still much more talented that we are. While I think we always have a chance of winning, this one is a stretch...if we can stay within two touchdowns, I'd be surprised.

I expect nothing but a victory, we are pretty talented this year.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I expect nothing but a victory, we are pretty talented this year.

I expect you to show up

4mcruenomore
09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I expect you to show up

I know, about a 25% chance of me making it right now, life throws you some curve balls sometimes. I am hoping things work out, but my goal is the playoffs to be honest.

EndZoneQB
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM

Call me crazy, but I don't buy it. Sure, they have a couple guys that are extremely talented, but we have a pretty good football team as well. There is no reason we can't compete with them. I think Shortell starts by the time we play them as well.

TateMosersneighbor
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM

jeez...I'd bet he was telegraphing because he knew what receiver was going to be open.

mnriverbison
09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't buy it. Sure, they have a couple guys that are extremely talented, but we have a pretty good football team as well. There is no reason we can't compete with them. I think Shortell starts by the time we play them as well.

Crazy. We may or may not have a better team, but in terms of individual talent there is a gap. I'd take their guy in our system at virtually every position.

moosbah
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM

I think it all depends on how Jensen handles a seemingly easy game. If he struggles, leave him in to work out the kinks. If he coasts, let the Esley play to get, what has in recent years, valuable playing experience.