PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Fans

Tatanka
09-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Looks like quite a few made the trip... but only one (1) stopped by our tailgate! :facepalm2: :D

Seriously though, great folks we talked to (runtheoption and I anyway). Pards Rule looked GREAT in his new Bison fur hat!

Safe travels home to our guests, and good luck to you and your team the rest of the year. Hope you enjoyed your time in Fargo.

DjKyRo
09-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Also had a Virginia Tech fan from Washington, D.C., stop by (originally from Mayville, first Bison game) and he was very impressed with our atmosphere and team. Tweeted me this:

And the tailgate was awesome... probably the best FCS tailgate by far... better make that trip for playoffs. #NDSU

56BISON73
09-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Doug was a great representation for Lafeet. Super nice nice guy. It was a pleasure meeting him!!!!

imabison
09-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Looks like quite a few made the trip... but only one (1) stopped by our tailgate! :facepalm2: :D

Seriously though, great folks we talked to (runtheoption and I anyway). Pards Rule looked GREAT in his new Bison fur hat!

Safe travels home to our guests, and good luck to you and your team the rest of the year. Hope you enjoyed your time in Fargo.

I had a fan from Winnipeg who said he could not get a ticket for a huge CFL game in Canada so he came to Fargo. His comments were that NDSU college fans are much more fanatic than those of U of M Winnipeg. Very impress with the crowd and Bison Football. He said he will probably be back to see another game.

Twentysix
09-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I had a fan from Winnipeg who said he could not get a ticket for a huge CFL game in Canada so he came to Fargo. His comments were that NDSU college fans are much more fanatic than those of U of M Winnipeg. Very impress with the crowd and Bison Football. He said he will probably be back to see another game.

Bison football just went international baby.

JSUBison
09-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Bison football just went international baby.

Didn't some Pioneer team play a game in Africa this summer? NDSU needs to schedule something similar in Norway against the Olie and Lars all-stars from Oslo.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I talked to one fan and they were impressed with the facilities.

bri-dog
09-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Was this "Pards Rule" getting a little mention in the Forum?

“The only thing is, none of us know anything about the last time we played indoors,” said Doug Easterly, one of about 100 Lafayette fans who left their East Coast habitat to experience 21st-century indoor football in what Easterly described as the “Great Land.”

“We’ve surprised people in the past,” said Easterly, a 1984 Lafayette graduate who pointed out his alma mater giving scares to Delaware and Appalachian State in the 2004 and 2005 FCS playoffs.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/332816/group/Sports/

ndsubison1
09-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Didn't some Pioneer team play a game in Africa this summer? NDSU needs to schedule something similar in Norway against the Olie and Lars all-stars from Oslo.

drake. ten

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Was this "Pards Rule" getting a little mention in the Forum?

“The only thing is, none of us know anything about the last time we played indoors,” said Doug Easterly, one of about 100 Lafayette fans who left their East Coast habitat to experience 21st-century indoor football in what Easterly described as the “Great Land.”

“We’ve surprised people in the past,” said Easterly, a 1984 Lafayette graduate who pointed out his alma mater giving scares to Delaware and Appalachian State in the 2004 and 2005 FCS playoffs.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/332816/group/Sports/

yes that would be him

roadwarrior
09-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Have we heard from Pards Rule after the game?

GradBison
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Have we heard from Pards Rule after the game?

Hope he made it back east ok.

Tatanka
09-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Just got a text. Sounds like he's home back east... I'm betting he'll be back on here sometime soon...

JSUBison
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Those Lafayette fans are class. Their athletic department and streamig is great, media coverage also is A+. Wish we could play them again in the future. Sign em up for a 2 for 1, Gene.

runtheoption
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Had a very good conversation with the Pard fans at their tailgating area. Very smart football minds, and it was fun to hear about their rivalry with Lehigh.

I don't think the easter PA'ers were used to the upper midwest hospitality, and were a little gun shy about joining all of us in our tailgate areas.

I'll be following them this year, and here's to them beating Lehigh!!

Pards Rule
09-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Ah, I have arrived home form the Greatland (my coinage made the Fargo Forum!). I most enjoyed the amazing hospitality from the Fargo folks. My Pard brethren were also most appreciative of the warm welcome we received. Facilites were top notch but the fans I encountered were even better. I walked around at half and an older Bison fan stopped me and said the LC defense was admirable but we needed to get the O untracked and even knew our starting running back didnt make the trip due to concussion. It wouldnt have made a difference. I want to extend a special thanks to Tanaka, Runtheoption, 56Bison and SD Bison for taking this Pard under their hide and making my Fargo journey a memorable experience. We knew NDSU was an outstanding team and I regret we didnt make a better showing. Without question, I am pulling for the Herd to win the I-AA crown! I write this wearing my NDSU tshirt and I appeared at a late day Labor Day party at the NJ shore (Long Beach Island) wearing it and the Bison head! They loved it! The Bison head is now awaiting use when I watch the national championship game. I will be continuing on this board following the Herd on the march!! The leopard I had was a fan favorite at the Fargo dome too! I do hope we return soon to Fargo with a more seasoned squad (someone pointed out to me 65% of our roster is frosh & soph which even I didnt know). Go Bison, Doug

Pards Rule
09-06-2011, 01:53 AM
From the Allentown PA Morning Call:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/lafayette/mc-lafayette-folo-0904-20110904,0,1606063.story

And: http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-fbc-lafayette-opener-20110903,0,3052661.story

P.S. My apologies for the missing "State." Um, editor, ND is a big state, they have two state u's...One of which has a real football team!

56BISON73
09-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Ah, I have arrived home form the Greatland (my coinage made the Fargo Forum!). I most enjoyed the amazing hospitality from the Fargo folks. My Pard brethren were also most appreciative of the warm welcome we received. Facilites were top notch but the fans I encountered were even better. I walked around at half and an older Bison fan stopped me and said the LC defense was admirable but we needed to get the O untracked and even knew our starting running back didnt make the trip due to concussion. It wouldnt have made a difference. I want to extend a special thanks to Tanaka, Runtheoption, 56Bison and SD Bison for taking this Pard under their hide and making my Fargo journey a memorable experience. We knew NDSU was an outstanding team and I regret we didnt make a better showing. Without question, I am pulling for the Herd to win the I-AA crown! I write this wearing my NDSU tshirt and I appeared at a late day Labor Day party at the NJ shore (Long Beach Island) wearing it and the Bison head! They loved it! The Bison head is now awaiting use when I watch the national championship game. I will be continuing on this board following the Herd on the march!! The leopard I had was a fan favorite at the Fargo dome too! I do hope we return soon to Fargo with a more seasoned squad (someone pointed out to me 65% of our roster is frosh & soph which even I didnt know). Go Bison, Doug

Doug
It was a pleasure meeting you. I wish you and the Pards well for the rest of the year. You are welcome to come back and visit anytime.

dackienhan
09-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I like how the band was a big issue and then everyone just shut up about it?

344Johnson
09-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Is it bad that when I was glancing over this post, only the J Shore stuck out to me? :facepalm:

Pards Rule
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Is it bad that when I was glancing over this post, only the J Shore stuck out to me? :facepalm:

no, cause whenever I mention the Jersey shore people always ask me about Snooki! BTW any Bison fans that make it that way in the summer let me know!

UTH
09-08-2011, 03:59 AM

Norway has but one team, and that team is the Trolls of the Vålerenga Idretts Forbund... [linky (http://www.viftrolls.com/)]

http://www.ostkantavisa.no/polopoly_fs/vif-trolls-1.6335605!/image/551785638.jpg_gen/derivatives/derivative_article_904/551785638.jpg