PDA

View Full Version : Turner cleared to play

cbline
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Story from the Forum. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/332672/group/homepage/

HandoEX
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
This is great news!

BisonNeil
09-02-2011, 10:01 PM
More good news!

I wasn't totally comfortable with Richard moving to LT. Not sure he has the quickness for that position on pass protection.

A1pigskin
09-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I hope he doesn't reinjury it.

56BISON73
09-04-2011, 04:10 AM
I hope he doesn't reinjury it.

He didnt play tonight.

GradBison
09-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Probably doesn't need to play next week either, let him heal up for the Gopher game.

stevdock
09-04-2011, 05:41 AM
He said he had blood leaking through/out of his cast.

Bison"FANatic"
09-04-2011, 09:36 AM
The thing I was a little disappointed in was that even though he didn't play he spent the majority of the game standing on the end over by himself a lot of times 25ft from the nearest teammate. One would think that he would at least try to be within ear shot of the coaches while they coach up the Oline on the sidelines while we are on D. A learning opportunity missed and you can always learn something.

CaBisonFan
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
The thing I was a little disappointed in was that even though he didn't play he spent the majority of the game standing on the end over by himself a lot of times 25ft from the nearest teammate. One would think that he would at least try to be within ear shot of the coaches while they coach up the Oline on the sidelines while we are on D. A learning opportunity missed and you can always learn something.

Sounds like he was pissed because they didn't play him. Still...he should have been involved on the sideline. But maybe he's so frickin competitive that he simply had to be alone. Drove him nuts. Let's give him one game. Bet he'll be in a meeting this week about team attitude and how this game wasn't important enough to further injure him...the big picture can be hard to see when the adrenalin is flowing and you love to play the game.

Twentysix
09-04-2011, 10:46 AM

I would say he was very involved in watching the game, perhaps not with the Oline.

I watched him argue with the refs on some calls. And he was talking with the coaches when they weren't preocupied with someone in the game.

Just cause he doesnt wanna stand in a clusterf^<k when he is probably in physical pain, doesnt make him a bad LT. :S

Probably just looked at weird times and didn't notice. I wouldn't read to far into it.

I kind of had the feeling he was dressed and ready to go if someone were to become "more hurt than him". Maybe this wasn't the case. I would rather he does not play till Week 4 and is injury free vs the goofs.

Bison"FANatic"
09-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Just cause he doesnt wanna stand in a clusterf^<k when he is probably in physical pain, doesnt make him a bad LT

I never said he is a bad left tackle. Just because you can't go physically doesn't mean you can't learn mentally during the game especially a new position when you are just coming off your frehman year. The guy is a man beast and I want to see him become the best he can be here as he could very possibly have a very long NFL career. He has that much potential.

Twentysix
09-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I never said he is a bad left tackle. Just because you can't go physically doesn't mean you can't learn mentally during the game especially a new position when you are just coming off your frehman year. The guy is a man beast and I want to see him become the best he can be here as he could very possibly have a very long NFL career. He has that much potential.

I guess the best we could do is have SD(he goes to house parties with jeff) ask Jeff(he reports sports) to ask Craig(hes the coach) why Billy was 25 feet from the team. :facepalm:

I'm not to worried.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Vree is out.

X-Factor
09-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Vree is out.

who?

10char

tony
09-04-2011, 02:36 PM
who?

10char

Vraa, collar bone (probably in another thread but I'm not caught up.)

X-Factor
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Vraa, collar bone (probably in another thread but I'm not caught up.)

I was just being a smart-a pointing out the spelling

tony
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I was just being a smart-a pointing out the spelling

Too early in the morning for me to catch that... :)

stevdock
09-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Either yesterday or the day before Turner got a different cast on his hand for the third time. He's hoping this one will actually work for what he needs. Obviously this is going to have to be taken care of before he can play with the cast.

steelbison
09-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Sorry, couldn't disagree more. You have NO idea what his thought process was. To try to read something into the way he was watching the game is foolish IMO.

Billy is a great kid with a great attitude. Your reading WAY too much into something you shouldn't concern yourself with.

Bison06
09-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry, couldn't disagree more. You have NO idea what his thought process was. To try to read something into the way he was watching the game is foolish IMO.

Billy is a great kid with a great attitude. Your reading WAY too much into something you shouldn't concern yourself with.

I agree, I watched him for a while on the sidelines as well. From my perspective he looked like a kid who would do anything not to have that cast on and get in the game.

Also, I have no doubt the coaches told him to stay back. When you have an injured player the last thing you want is for him to be close to the action and get hurt worse.

Herd
09-09-2011, 05:36 PM
You'd think it would be tempting to hold Turner out one more week, which would give him until 9/24 to heal.

Bison"FANatic"
09-09-2011, 05:45 PM

I will concern myself with what I want to concern myself with. If you don't like it thats fine I don't care. Missed coaching opportunity in my opinion. Every coach I ever had wanted you close by the position coach learning if you were playing, hurt or out for other reasons. Just the way I was brought up. God knows we have discussed how we can improve on IN-GAME adjustments and I would think you would want everyone listening to them even if it was just against the french. Might be something that comes up against UNI, Minnesota, Southern Illinois or in a playoff game that the team can say remember when. Just my .02 even if you only think it is worth a 1/2 cent. I will just agree to disagree.

HerdBot
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
You'd think it would be tempting to hold Turner out one more week, which would give him until 9/24 to heal.

Probably needs some game reps since its a new position.

scheelsguy
09-10-2011, 02:38 AM
I would encourage everyone to pay special attention to #77 on Saturday night. He will be handing out pancakes all night long! (Should be sponsored by Hungry Jack) The guy is crazy motivated to play, dominate, and punish. I think #22 is going to be pretty happy about him playing too.