PDA

View Full Version : Willie Mack Garza - NCAA Scandle?

freelancer
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/01/sports/la-sp-0902-usc-football-20110902

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/01/sports/la-sp-0902-usc-football-20110902

Hey we can alway use a good coach here in Fargo but I want people that want to be here for the long term. I don't think Willie Mack Garza wants to stick around since he already left.

bisonaudit
09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey we can alway use a good coach here in Fargo but I want people that want to be here for the long term. I don't think Willie Mack Garza wants to stick around since he already left.

I don't want any assistant coach who plans on being anywhere for the long-term. That's just not how football (or any elite sport) works. You want guys who are driven to succeed.

Also, if he didn't really leave USC for personal reasons and is in-fact tied to illicit recruiting 1) there's no way you take him back and 2) what was going on when he was here, not that our batting average on the TX guys was great but, Miami was cheating their assess off and not winning either.

td577
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't want any assistant coach who plans on being anywhere for the long-term. That's just not how football (or any elite sport) works. You want guys who are driven to succeed.

I agree with this statement. The success of NDSU should be based on assistant coaches viewing Bison athletics as a stepping stone to larger and more lucrative coaching positions. If this becomes a national attitude, then NDSU will always have a stocked stable of rising stars in the coaching ranks. Having the athletic programs' success tied to the future of the coaches will play greatly into the success of each and every program.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I agree with this statement. The success of NDSU should be based on assistant coaches viewing Bison athletics as a stepping stone to larger and more lucrative coaching positions. If this becomes a national attitude, then NDSU will always have a stocked stable of rising stars in the coaching ranks. Having the athletic programs' success tied to the future of the coaches will play greatly into the success of each and every program.

True but turnover is a HUGE reason why we sucked at recruiting for a few years. Coaches that don't plan on being here for more than a year could care less about recruiting players. These coaches all recriuit and if we change coaches like underwear... the players will suck and at the end of the day we win with players

CaBisonFan
09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Funny how this story was buried here yesterday.

WYOBISONMAN
09-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Funny how this story was buried here yesterday.

Sorry Gordy.....that was my fault. :hide: I just combine it with an existing thread in the "News About Other Schools" forum.

CaBisonFan
09-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Sorry Gordy.....that was my fault. :hide: I just combine it with an existing thread in the "News About Other Schools" forum.

no problemo...thanks, and I understand

ISXBISON
11-17-2012, 02:56 AM
More penalties for Tennessee as a result of the Kiffin/Garza.

"The school hopes they are "closing the chapter" on the Lane Kiffin era, after receiving additional penalties from the NCAA as a result of infractions committed by former Kiffin assistant Willie Mack Garza in 2009."

That Garza arranged for a prospect's unofficial visit, then lied to the NCAA enforcement staff regarding the infraction, wasn't disputed by the university during an Oct. 13 meeting with the Committee on Infractions. The case was expedited, and the NCAA issued the penalties on Friday.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21010802/ncaa-issues-additional-penalties-for-tennessee-from-the-lane-kiffin-era

bisonmike2
11-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Garza was great when he was here but trouble seems to follow him everywhere. Remember he came here after some sort of scandal and when he left here he almost immediately got into hot water.

westnodak93bison
11-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm not saying Willie Mack is an angel. I have no idea but Little Lane Kiffin seams like a weasel to me. Riding Daddy's coat tails and reputation to several high profile jobs.