PDA

View Full Version : Crockett

Gully
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Can someone refresh my memory on a kid with the last name Crocket? Is he still with the team, is he a RB, ect. No this isn't a joke, I legit can't remember the story with him.

Bison bison
09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
He hasn't made it to NDSU - yet. Still working on academics last I heard six months ago.

Mr. Burgundy
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Very much a part of the team. He was doing some video work at a practice this fall. He is a big kid. Coaches think he has more high end ability than anyone we have had at the RB position. He would be on track to be eligible for next year and have 3 years of eligibility remaining. I have not seen a coach talk that glowingly about a prospect in a long time. I was with a buddy who played RB for the Bison, and we were both really excited after hearing that.

Remember, he took visits to Michigan and Michigan State. He is a Big Ten RB that had grade issues and everyone backed away, but not Tim Polasek (who was not the coach I was speaking with). I will try to find a rivals article on his recruitment.

Northside Bison
09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
He's still attending NDSU. Crocket's one of the better athletes I've seen. In my opinion he would be battling DJ for the starting job if he was eligible this year. I would definitely put him in the caliber of a BigTen running back, especially as far as athleticism goes. Hopefully the acedemic thing gets taken care so he can make it to the field. He is worth the hype :nod:

westnodak93bison
09-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah a friend of mine from the cities said the kid will be a real stud if he can get on the field.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
09-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Crockett is a beast. He is lifting with the team I think. Will be eligible next year. Wish they would let him play both football and basketball here (and Marc Will too)

TateMosersneighbor
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Can someone refresh my memory on a kid with the last name Crocket? Is he still with the team, is he a RB, ect. No this isn't a joke, I legit can't remember the story with him.

http://www.kare11.com/video/52347753001/0/John-Crockett---Totino-Grace

He'll be back next fall. Will make up part of another very, very good tandem of backs for us.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
http://www.kare11.com/video/52347753001/0/John-Crockett---Totino-Grace

He'll be back next fall. Will make up part of another very, very good tandem of backs for us.

I hope so because if he doesn't make it this year he's only going to have 1 year of eligibility if he transfers and he has some serious talent. School should be his #1 concern right now.

TateMosersneighbor
09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I wonder if he was eligible this year? But, with some "counseling" was convinced to wait until next year?

Either way, let's just hope he works on getting to class and working hard in the classroom...should be a good one for us next fall.

344Johnson
09-02-2011, 08:17 PM
If I remember right last fall his flag football team won the ship.

Gully
09-02-2011, 09:48 PM
wow, let's hope he makes grades! thanks for all the info!

SamsRams
09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
he is the most talented rb at ndsu right now. If he can get his grades straight bohl and crew will have pulled a recruiting coup!!

ndsubison1
09-03-2011, 03:44 AM
If I remember right last fall his flag football team won the ship.

also intramural bball haha

SamsRams
03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
crockett broke his wrist and is in a cast. not sure if this will delay is spring ball participation

344Johnson
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM
crockett broke his wrist and is in a cast. not sure if this will delay is spring ball participation

Damnit. I'm sure he could have used some more reps. As long as he is healthy for K-State though I'll survive.

cbline
03-09-2013, 09:58 PM
I hesitated to open this thread, assuming the absolute worst. Hope he heals well. Love to watch him run!

reformedUNDfan
03-10-2013, 01:11 AM
doom, doom i tell you

IBleedYellow
03-10-2013, 04:11 AM
I didn't want to open this thread because I knew it had bad news. Damn it.

Nexus 4

JustinTyem
03-10-2013, 05:16 AM
He broke after it catching a pass then he fell, during one on ones,and yesturday He had surgery for it.

BisonHorns
03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I am glad it is not a broken ankle! He will have plenty of time to heal before the season starts..... unlike Sam Houston they have to play the whole season after we broke their backs in the championship game! 39-13

GOBISON123
03-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Wrist is a complicated part. Its is made up of eight small bones and the two forearm bones. Any fratures to the wrist usually requires, pins, screws, plates and rods to stabilize the part.

Healing is one thing, how "Rocket the Croket" will bounce back from this is yet be determined. I will be holding my breath....cuz this guy is a really something, he can run, pass and catch the ball on the run.

THEsocalledfan
03-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Some moron SDSU guy said they have the best RB in the league at the BBall game tonight. Yet again, I was forced to explain how we would not start at NDSU. (Man, they hate that....)

GOBISON123
03-11-2013, 05:30 AM
We have a D line that can shutdown anybody, ZZ, Shakir Bell, Erik Brienstien, etc etc all hit the brick wall against us The Bison, they better watch what they are talking.

BisonNation11
03-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Some moron SDSU guy said they have the best RB in the league at the BBall game tonight. Yet again, I was forced to explain how we would not start at NDSU. (Man, they hate that....)

Anybody can run in a straight line... Now whether the other team puts a wall there or not is what makes him seem good. Our scout players would start for them.

bisonmike2
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I heard it was a dislocation of his wrist. It was caused by the weight of his national championship ring.

BadlandsBison
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Meh, Zenner is pretty darn good but after seeing both him and Minnet I would give the nod to Minnet.

I'm looking forward to the day Zenner finally meets the Golden Eagle :)

Edit: good luck to Crocket during the recovery, sorry for the thread drift.

BisonNation11
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Meh, Zenner is pretty darn good but after seeing both him and Minnet I would give the nod to Minnet.

He has to get passed Perry before Heags will ever get a crack at him!

KSBisonFan
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I heard it was a dislocation of his wrist. It was caused by the weight of his national championship ring.

I heard Crockett had just completed a pass to himself then trucked Chuck Norris on his way to a 99-yard TD and somehow the sonic boom he created cracked a bone in his wrist.

Good luck with your recovery, Mr. Crockett.

344Johnson
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM

I remember when Mr. Minnet met a true freshman Golden Heagle in the hole. I remember Mr. Minnet being driven back. Same thing will happen to Zenner when he goes head to head with the Eagle.

IBleedYellow
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I remember when Mr. Minnet met a true freshman Golden Heagle in the hole. I remember Mr. Minnet being driven back. Same thing will happen to Zenner when he goes head to head with the Eagle.

BUT GUYS, REGULAR season LEADING RUSHER! He's NUMBER ONE!!!!!###!@@!@! Can't touch his stats! The Bison are dooooommmmmed!

aces1180
03-11-2013, 03:42 PM

I think Crocket will be fine. It will be a tough road, but he has obviously dealt with adversity before and has shown he can succeed. It is nice to be stacked at RB, however.

In regards to SDSU RBs, the best I have seen is Josh Ranek...He was a stud.

Mr. Burgundy
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM

If there was a game tomorrow, Colton Heagle would play. He is a FREAK. I saw him rehabbing. He is so stacked it is almost scary. I think he may be crazy, which makes him the best safety in America. (FCS). He sounds excited to get back. In regards to SDSU, how could their fans even possible brag up their RB. I can't even remember his name, because both times we played him he was a total non factor. Pad your stats against Eastern Illinois and then come talk to the big boys. Next year we get to add Levon Perry and Colton Heagle to the middle of that defense. Good luck boys.

westnodak93bison
03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
If there was a game tomorrow, Colton Heagle would play. He is a FREAK. I saw him rehabbing. He is so stacked it is almost scary. I think he may be crazy, which makes him the best safety in America. (FCS). He sounds excited to get back. In regards to SDSU, how could their fans even possible brag up their RB. I can't even remember his name, because both times we played him he was a total non factor. Pad your stats against Eastern Illinois and then come talk to the big boys. Next year we get to add Levon Perry and Colton Heagle to the middle of that defense. Good luck boys.

How about Leevon? How is his rehab coming along?

tony
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I haven't heard about Leevon but Izzo tweeted a little bit ago: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/312291454221430784

Basically, Coach Bohl told him that John has a "minor break in his right wrist." So that's good. Didn't say whether it was on his throwing arm. :)

Bah, next update, maybe I'll enable HTML code so we can embed tweets.

BadlandsBison
03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
I haven't heard about Leevon but Izzo tweeted a little bit ago: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/312291454221430784

Basically, Coach Bohl told him that John has a "minor break in his right wrist." So that's good. Didn't say whether it was on his throwing arm. :)

Bah, next update, maybe I'll enable HTML code so we can embed tweets.

I get the impression Leevon is doing ok, he got the surgery really early after the injury. Heck, he was walking around right after it happened right? The Heagle injury scared me bad tho, just had no clue what happened

344Johnson
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM

I <3 the hEagle.

reformedUNDfan
03-14-2013, 10:08 PM
around the title game it was reported that perry was well on his way in rehab

semobison
03-15-2013, 08:01 PM
We have a D line that can shutdown anybody, ZZ, Shakir Bell, Erik Brienstien, etc etc all hit the brick wall against us The Bison, they better watch what they are talking.

I love our D too but lets be real! Brienstein had 136 yards on 26 carries in our QF game. He may have hit a brick wall but he was moving it too! I still cant believe they didnt give him the ball on the big 4th down late in the game.

TAILG8R
03-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I love our D too but lets be real! Brienstein had 136 yards on 26 carries in our QF game. He may have hit a brick wall but he was moving it too! I still cant believe they didnt give him the ball on the big 4th down late in the game.

He also played on a team that AVERAGED 349.7 yds rushing per game. The defense held Wofford to almost 90 yds less than their rushing average. For a team that had only 64 passing yds in that game, 90 yds is a considerable chunk of yardage.

CAS4127
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM

He also played on a team that AVERAGED 349.7 yds rushing per game. The defense held Wofford to almost 90 yds less than their rushing average. For a team that had only 64 passing yds in that game, 90 yds is a considerable chunk of yardage.

And Perry was gone-->that's a big chunck of man!!

tcbison
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
How many points did the Wofford offense score against us? Hmmm, I am hungry for donuts.

ndsubison1
03-16-2013, 06:32 PM

? Minnet and Heagle never played against each other

BadlandsBison
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
? Minnet and Heagle never played against each other

Maybe not minnet, but Heagle played against Minett.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CaBisonFan
03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
These all-world backs that SDSU keeps throwing at us...they become pretty middle-of-the-road somehow...:biggrin:

Of course...that applies to most teams that play us.

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 07:27 PM
what exactly was Perrys injury..was it an ACL tear? I read on here that it was potentially career threatening the waning days after the game...

need my boy back because of my jersey.

IBleedYellow
03-18-2013, 05:54 AM
After watching John handle himself in the "United We Rise" premier, this guy is my favorite player!

"Taz" is the man! I can't wait for football again!

BisonNeil
03-18-2013, 02:43 PM
what exactly was Perrys injury..was it an ACL tear? I read on here that it was potentially career threatening the waning days after the game...

need my boy back because of my jersey.

That was early on I think. I heard after the surgery that it was not as bad as everyone thought it was going to be and that he should be ready to go for the first game. But someone else on here probaby has better inside info on that.

If you recall, Bohl commented specifically on Perry (among others) when interviewed by Fat Pat on the radio the week after the back to back. Pat asked him if he had any pro-prospects and Bohl said several, Perry being one of them. He said they expect a lot of scouts this fall and Perry was one of those that has grabbed the attention of scouts after they came on campus to see others. I took that to be an indirect sign that Bohl fully expects Perry to be back at full force this fall.

GOBISON123
08-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Bison RB John Crockett will be on the Jack Michaels Show tomorrow at 12:05.

Mr. Burgundy
08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
He will be a great interview. Always a funny kid. Breakout special against KSU! Looking forward to listening.

tcbison
08-13-2013, 05:16 PM
He will be a great interview. Always a funny kid. Breakout special against KSU! Looking forward to listening.

Great interview(going on as I type this)! I also love it when he refers to himself in the first person.

Mr. Burgundy
08-13-2013, 05:17 PM
This is a great interview

Mr. Burgundy
08-13-2013, 06:31 PM
The podcast is up, but this was their best interview that I have ever listened to. They asked a ton of questions, it was quick with no "fluff." I thought Tank and the younger guys were terrific and got in a ton of questions. Crockett was fantastic. Pretty funny young kid. Very respectful. You can tell that he is very close with the other running backs and his lineman. Very respectful young man. I enjoyed it. Spoke very highly of Chase Morelock, said he is fast and tough. Also talked about DeLuca and Pierre at LB. Future is bright.

TAILG8R
08-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Listen to the podcast here (http://740thefan.com/upload/8-13-13johnc.mp3).

westnodak93bison
08-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Good interview. Interesting to hear that Darius Anderson is more elusive and faster than DJ.

CaBisonFan
08-13-2013, 06:56 PM

Thanks...it was fun to listen to.

Tony Almeida
08-13-2013, 08:47 PM

Thanks for the listen! That was pretty cool.

MHDBisonfan
08-13-2013, 09:45 PM
The podcast is up, but this was their best interview that I have ever listened to. They asked a ton of questions, it was quick with no "fluff." I thought Tank and the younger guys were terrific and got in a ton of questions. Crockett was fantastic. Pretty funny young kid. Very respectful. You can tell that he is very close with the other running backs and his lineman. Very respectful young man. I enjoyed it. Spoke very highly of Chase Morelock, said he is fast and tough. Also talked about DeLuca and Pierre at LB. Future is bright.

Agreed. I didn't know he was on, so it was a nice surprise listening to the radio today. He was very humble, and very thankful for the opportunity to play for NDSU. I liked the part where he said he wasn't playing for John Crockett, he was playing for the school, coaches, etc. who gave him a chance. This kid has his head screwed on right, and I'm now even a bigger fan of his than I was before. Refreshing.

SamsRams
08-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Morlock is possibly the fastest in the 2013 class!!

GOBISON123
08-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Crockett runs like a mean Junk Yard Dog.

TbonZach
08-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Crockett runs like a mean Junk Yard Dog.

But he's not meaner than Leroy Brown.

THEsocalledfan
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=GOBISON123;751797]Crockett runs like a mean Junk Yard Dog.[/QUOTE

Tyler R. is back you say?

A1pigskin
08-14-2013, 12:22 AM
that was an awesome interview.

GOBISON123
08-14-2013, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=GOBISON123;751797]Crockett runs like a mean Junk Yard Dog.[/QUOTE

Tyler R. is back you say?

Next year when Ojuri is gone, spotlight will be on him. He can be better than Tyler Roehl.

NDSU
08-14-2013, 01:16 AM

great interview, thanks for posting!

Bison"FANatic"
08-14-2013, 01:20 AM
It's great how loyal he is to NDSU for helping him and giving him the chance. A walking talking recruiter.

THEsocalledfan
08-14-2013, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;751814]

Next year when Ojuri is gone, spotlight will be on him. He can be better than Tyler Roehl.

That would be awesome. I still have happy dreams of that 2007 MN game when Tyler R. made the goofs look like fools......man, we were a prime time feature on Sports Center that night!

Edit: Or exposed Brewster and company as fools?

JustinTyem
08-14-2013, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE=GOBISON123;751827]

That would be awesome. I still have happy dreams of that 2007 MN game when Tyler R. made the goofs look like fools......man, we were a prime time feature on Sports Center that night!

Edit: Or exposed Brewster and company as fools?All of it and then some!!!!!

344Johnson
08-14-2013, 03:02 AM
It's great how loyal he is to NDSU for helping him and giving him the chance. A walking talking recruiter.

"John Crockett doesn't just walk the walk, or talk the talk, he recruits the recruit." -John Crockett

TbonZach
08-14-2013, 04:31 AM
"John Crockett doesn't just walk the walk, or talk the talk, he recruits the recruit." -John Crockett

Bob Doll likes his style.