PDA

View Full Version : Free weblink for NDSU-Lafayette

TheBisonator
08-31-2011, 10:37 PM
I found it on the wiziwig.eu forums (the site formerly known as myp2pforum.eu due to the actions of some empty suits who apparently don't want people who cannot see their favorite game on TV have the ability to watch it online, but I'm digressing). It is just blank right, now, and there's no telling if it will work come kickoff, but it costs you nothing, otherwise GoBison.com will charge you (though the FB webcasts seem to be a lot better than the hoops webcasts, which are atrocious)

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/flash.php?lulz=rtmp://cp98724.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live&id=lafa_m-footbl@31450

Bogie
09-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Check the Lafayette website as well. It is my understanding that there will be FREE CBS All-Access for EVERYONE. It will be a very high quality, high bandwidth broadcast with professional announcers, replay, etc. (All Lafayette games, home and away, are televised locally.)

You might want to let people know about this.

aces1180
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
I found it on the wiziwig.eu forums (the site formerly known as myp2pforum.eu due to the actions of some empty suits who apparently don't want people who cannot see their favorite game on TV have the ability to watch it online, but I'm digressing). It is just blank right, now, and there's no telling if it will work come kickoff, but it costs you nothing, otherwise GoBison.com will charge you (though the FB webcasts seem to be a lot better than the hoops webcasts, which are atrocious)

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/flash.php?lulz=rtmp://cp98724.live.edgefcs.net:1935/live&id=lafa_m-footbl@31450

Why not just pay the $8.95 (or whatever it is)? I can see the point in finding a free feed for an away game, but for a home game, it just feels wrong stealing from NDSU.

HerdBot
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Check the Lafayette website as well. It is my understanding that there will be FREE CBS All-Access for EVERYONE. It will be a very high quality, high bandwidth broadcast with professional announcers, replay, etc. (All Lafayette games, home and away, are televised locally.)

You guy have a good TV deal. Our TV production needs quite a bit of improvement. Not enough camera angles. No HD equipment. Poor audio and the crowd is not mic'd. It fails to capture the energy of the dome.

bisonmike2
09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Why not just pay the $8.95 (or whatever it is)? I can see the point in finding a free feed for an away game, but for a home game, it just feels wrong stealing from NDSU.

I agree. The more paying users NDSU gets through gobison the more money that goes to NDSU and the greater the chance that they'll continue to support and improve the live webcast.

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I agree. The more paying users NDSU gets through gobison the more money that goes to NDSU and the greater the chance that they'll continue to support and improve the live webcast.

Lol, I bet nuelion or whoever hosts the video gets 75% of the money.

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Yep, that NDSU media product is top notch. Let's look at how they have spent it:

1. All football games are broadcast in high definition.
2. Craig Bohl show is in high definition.
3. Games are all on FSN and shown throughout the region.
4. They have a regular spot on KFAN during the PA show.

Oh, wait a minute......

Bogie
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
We pay $120 per year (or $12 for a month) for CBS All-Access, but it looks like they're sending this game out free from the Lafayette side of things. You won't have to register. The good thing for us is that you get all our games locally on television as well, in the Lehigh Valley, in Philadelphia, and in New Jersey. It's on Cable, on Dish Network, or just a plain old antenna.

I'm not sure that it's technically full, 1080i "high definition" but it's certainly very good and I know that it meets ESPN television broadcast standards.

bisonmike2
09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Lol, I bet nuelion or whoever hosts the video gets 75% of the money.

If NDSU only gets 25% that's still 25% more than what they'd get if you stole it.

bisonmike2
09-01-2011, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;520812]Yep, that NDSU media product is top notch. Let's look at how they have spent it:

1. All football games are broadcast in high definition.
2. Craig Bohl show is in high definition.
3. Games are all on FSN and shown throughout the region.
4. They have a regular spot on KFAN during the PA show.

Sounds great. Let's all pirate the home games and I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Answer Guy
09-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Selective ethics? :confused:

yellowstreak
09-01-2011, 11:01 PM

what if I send NDSU a check in the mail for $10 and watch the game for free? then everybody wins.

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 12:02 AM
If NDSU only gets 25% that's still 25% more than what they'd get if you stole it.

Thats like a dollar. It would be more beneficial to them for you to steal it then donate money.

mnriverbison
09-02-2011, 03:40 AM
They could always just broadcast for free and just sell ads. I know this is radical thought...

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 03:42 AM
They could always just broadcast for free and just sell ads. I know this is radical thought...

NEVER!!!!!

perthbison
09-02-2011, 03:56 AM

Thanks Bogie:)

Bogie
09-02-2011, 04:20 AM

That's exactly what Lafayette does. Lafayette's television network has been broadcasting all Lafayette home and away football games for more than a decade. It has advertising from Coke, MetLife, etc, plus local banks, restaurants and the like. Lafayette uses professional announcers (who also work the Olympics, ESPN, CBS, etc). All broadcasts have instant replay, hi-tech telestrarors, on-the field commentators and in-game sideline interviews. The Lafayette Sports Network has won national broadcast awards for its telecasts.

The Patriot League also has a deal with CBS Sports. CBS pays for everything and it focuses on "other" sports like lacrosse and soccer that are very popular in the northeast. A couple of football games are included, too, like tonight's Holy Cross game. CBS also produces a lot of Patriot League basketball, including all of the PL playoff tournament games.

Lafayette's media broadcasts meet ESPN broadcast standards so they're more than reliable. Even though Pennsylvania has more NCAA football teams any other state (more than 50!) it seems that the more we broadcast, the more home attendance we get.

Lafayette also leads the Patriot League in attendance. We get three to four times the headcount of our entire student body at every home game. We have 2100 +/- students, and we get 9-10,000 in the stands for football. Imagine if NDSU had that kind of ratio!

So we're proud of that s*it. You should be envious, even if you kick our as! this weekend.

Thanks for listening.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:09 AM
That's exactly what Lafayette does. Lafayette's television network has been broadcasting all Lafayette home and away football games for more than a decade. It has advertising from Coke, MetLife, etc, plus local banks, restaurants and the like. Lafayette uses professional announcers (who also work the Olympics, ESPN, CBS, etc). All broadcasts have instant replay, hi-tech telestrarors, on-the field commentators and in-game sideline interviews. The Lafayette Sports Network has won national broadcast awards for its telecasts.

The Patriot League also has a deal with CBS Sports. CBS pays for everything and it focuses on "other" sports like lacrosse and soccer that are very popular in the northeast. A couple of football games are included, too, like tonight's Holy Cross game. CBS also produces a lot of Patriot League basketball, including all of the PL playoff tournament games.

Lafayette's media broadcasts meet ESPN broadcast standards so they're more than reliable. Even though Pennsylvania has more NCAA football teams any other state (more than 50!) it seems that the more we broadcast, the more home attendance we get.

Lafayette also leads the Patriot League in attendance. We get three to four times the headcount of our entire student body at every home game. We have 2100 +/- students, and we get 9-10,000 in the stands for football. Imagine if NDSU had that kind of ratio!

So we're proud of that s*it. You should be envious, even if you kick our as! this weekend.

Thanks for listening.

Further proof that TV games translate to butts in the seat. Especially quality broadcasts. For a small school you guys are doing a great job. The NCAA site says you average 7,800. Very impressive but I wouldn't say envious because we're in the top 10 for attendance and have won 8 National Championships and beaten FBS shools, but very impressed. Getting on TV in a big market is tough. The only way we could get exposure that large on a regional level up here would be to go to Fox Sports Net North with the Minneapolis feed. Someday...

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Further proof that TV games translate to butts in the seat. Especially quality broadcasts. For a small school you guys are doing a great job. The NCAA site says you average 7,800. Very impressive but I wouldn't say envious because we're in the top 10 for attendance and have won 8 National Championships and beaten FBS shools, but very impressed. Getting on TV in a big market is tough. The only way we could get exposure that large on a regional level up here would be to go to Fox Sports Net North with the Minneapolis feed. Someday...

He means beaten FBS schools in this century.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Agree 100%. Just don't say we should envy your school. (i envy montana's support and tailgating) Lots of respect for what your program has done...

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:49 AM
He means beaten FBS schools in this century.

Actually meant BCS shools.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Agree 100%. Just don't say we should envy your school.

I would never suggest such a thing were we not adversaries this weekend. This is football after all.

Unworthy as you think we might be, we aim to surprise nonetheless.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 06:21 AM
I envy Montana's support and tailgating.

Trust me, our tailgating leaves a lot to be desired. We don't even have a parking lot. Not that we really want one.

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Trust me, our tailgating leaves a lot to be desired. We don't even have a parking lot. Not that we really want one.

Thats how SDSU pretends they feel as well.

dackienhan
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I am listening to the game on this site.

mnriverbison
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Agree 100%. Just don't say we should envy your school. (i envy montana's support and tailgating) Lots of respect for what your program has done...

I am envious of how accessible their media products are. Pretty sure that's what the poster meant.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM

We do a good job at tailgating but Montana reminds me of BCS teams. The west side of the dome is where all the action takes place. Be sure to visit. People will give you shit if your wearing a 'pard shirt but you will get free beer and a burger out of the deal.

bri-dog
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I just signed up for All Access through gobison.com; I'll need it later this month anyhoo.

That said, if the Lafayette site has better quality for free, damn right I'm gonna watch that one.