PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Suspends 3 Players

carney2
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
In case you missed it on AGS or elsewhere:

Sophomores Patrick Mputu (RB), Patrick McCain (QB) and Matt Grant (WR) have been suspended from the Lafayette football team "indefinitely" for unspecified violations of team rules.

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2011/0...n-the-gut.html

Mputu figured to be a major factor in the Lafayette offense as he was running number two on the depth chart at the time of the suspension. Junior Alan Elder has moved up to number two and heralded freshman Ross Scheuerman will move a little closer to getting his hands on the ball. McCain was battling for 3rd behind starter Ryan O'Neil and backup Andrew Shoop in the QB derby and did not figure to get much playing time in 2011. Grant has been getting some positive comments from the coaches in preseason drills, but was fighting an uphill battle in a very talented and deep corps of receivers. Of the 3 players suspended, Mputu was the only one guaranteed to be on the traveling squad this week to NDSU

hawkbuster
08-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Sophomores Patrick Mputu (RB), Patrick McCain (QB) and Matt Grant (WR) have been suspended from the Lafayette football team "indefinitely" for unspecified violations of team rules.

Mputu figured to be a major factor in the Lafayette offense as he was running number two on the depth chart at the time of the suspension. Junior Alan Elder has moved up to number two and heralded freshman Ross Scheuerman will move a little closer to getting his hands on the ball. McCain was battling for 3rd behind starter Ryan O'Neil and backup Andrew Shoop in the QB derby and did not figure to get much playing time in 2011. Grant has been getting some positive comments from the coaches in preseason drills, but was fighting an uphill battle in a very talented and deep corps of receivers. Of the 3 players suspended, Mputu was the only one guaranteed to be on the traveling squad this week to NDSU

How could we have missed it you have posted this story on every board known to mankind

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
How could we have missed it you have posted this story on every board known to mankind

I didn't see it over on SiouxSports

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 07:26 PM

Not a major deal for them at all. They have two 6th year seniors on the receiving corps and their starter is the speedy guy who gets most of the touches. And if the starting qb is knocked out they wouldn't have much of a shot anyway.

Leopard fan
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Not a major deal for them at all. They have two 6th year seniors on the receiving corps and their starter is the speedy guy who gets most of the touches. And if the starting qb is knocked out they wouldn't have much of a shot anyway.

They are actually 5th year guys. Redshirting is only allowed in the PL for medical reasons. The lack of a redshirt hurts us perhaps even more than our need based financial aid set-up.

Mputu was slated to be quite invloved in our offense, but yes he wasn't our starter and Rudoplh is our best game breaker in the backfield.

CHADSTAUS
09-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I believe they were suspended because they are scared of Bison. :)

Leopard fan
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM

You aren't even funny.

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM

They stayed out till 10:01pm violating a PL curfew. Obviously this was done on purpose to avoid playing the mighty bison. :p

Bison bison
09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
and that's three more people who will never step foot in north dakota...

CHADSTAUS
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
You aren't even funny.

I'm very funny....

Knock knock,
Who's there?
Bison,
Bison who?
Bison who are gonna whip the leopards like rented mules!

I will be performing live this Sat. afternoon on the west side of the Fargodome.

:judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges:

I sometimes even amaze myself.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 04:49 AM
They stayed out till 10:01pm violating a PL curfew.

I'm still thinking it was a dress code violation. Someone must have mixed plaid with stripes. Shame.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 04:54 AM
I'm very funny....

Knock knock,
Who's there?
Bison,
Bison who?
Bison who are gonna whip the leopards like rented mules!

I will be performing live this Sat. afternoon on the west side of the Fargodome.

:judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges: :judges:

I sometimes even amaze myself.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Pard.

Pard who?

Pardon me, but you have no idea what you're in for come Saturday evening.

:facepalm:

You hardly amaze us, Chadstaus. Go back to your kinesiology class, or whatever it is that you do.

ndsubison1
09-02-2011, 04:58 AM
lafayette is bad.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 05:05 AM
lafayette is bad.

How astute you are, ming01. Kindly define "bad." Try using whole words, in Standard Written English.

If you can, that is.

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 05:13 AM
How astute you are, ming01. Kindly define "bad." Try using whole words, in Standard Written English.

If you can, that is.

Bad= Western illinois could defeat you. And they just about got shut out by sam houston.

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Pard.

Pard who?

Pardon me, but you have no idea what you're in for come Saturday evening.

:facepalm:

You hardly amaze us, Chadstaus. Go back to your kinesiology class, or whatever it is that you do.

I'm pretty sure I know what we are in for Saturday.....

1- Wake up early and get to Dome around 10am.

2- Set up tents, grill, coolers etc.

3-Eat:hungry: , drink, eat a bit more:hungry: , then drink again.

4- Walk 50yds East.

5- Witness the beating of the week.

6- Sing the "goodbye" song with the student section.:rimshot:

7- Walk 50yds West.

8-Comment on how long of a horse and wagon ride back to were ever it is the leopards came from. I think they make baseball bats???

9-Drink again.

10-Pack up, leave and return next week to do it all over again.

I'm sure you are amazed on how I can predict the future. Kinesiology class??? Come on man, That doesn't even make sense:facepalm2: .

Leopard fan
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I know what we are in for Saturday.....

1- Wake up early and get to Dome around 10am.

2- Set up tents, grill, coolers etc.

3-Eat:hungry: , drink, eat a bit more:hungry: , then drink again.

4- Walk 50yds East.

5- Witness the beating of the week.

6- Sing the "goodbye" song with the student section.:rimshot:

7- Walk 50yds West.

8-Comment on how long of a horse and wagon ride back to were ever it is the leopards came from. I think they make baseball bats???

9-Drink again.

10-Pack up, leave and return next week to do it all over again.

I'm sure you are amazed on how I can predict the future. Kinesiology class??? Come on man, That doesn't even make sense:facepalm2: .

Right, the kinesiology part doesn't make sense. You don't need a degree in anything to work at a gas station.

bri-dog
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
lafayette is bad.

I think that's my avatar's line. Only it's "Lafayette is bad, mmkay?"

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM

If you can, that is.

You guys are much better than he's giving credit for. I expect to win but we will have to play well. BTW nice profile picture! Jerry Lundergaard. I would have went for the wood chipper myself.

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Right, the kinesiology part doesn't make sense. You don't need a degree in anything to work at a gas station.

That is correct. You do not need a degree to work at a gas station, but you do need one to OWN a gas station, liquor store and car dealership. All that by 36.

I bet you have a nice JOB working for a guy like me. :)

Leopard fan
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
That is correct. You do not need a degree to work at a gas station, but you do need one to OWN a gas station, liquor store and car dealership. All that by 36.

I bet you have a nice JOB working for a guy like me. :)

You own a gas station in a county with 2,000 people. I'm sure that offers a tremendous income stream.

You live in a town where you can buy a nice little house for 29k. That gas station must have set you back 200k. Most of us Leopards have a 2nd house that costs more than that.

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
You own a gas station in a county with 2,000 people. I'm sure that offers a tremendous income stream.

You live in a town where you can buy a nice little house for 29k. That gas station must have set you back 200k. Most of us Leopards have a 2nd house that costs more than that.

Tisk, tisk. Have fun at your JOB and 2 mortage payments that your proud of. No payments here and we do just fine here in little county USA. :bow: :bow:

Leopard fan
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Tisk, tisk. Have fun at your JOB and 2 mortage payments that your proud of. No payments here and we do just fine here in little county USA. :bow: :bow:

Good to hear you like your situation. It does however not impress anyone.

Bison bison
09-02-2011, 06:22 PM

You know what we should be writing about - the size of my PENIS!

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 06:24 PM

This song says it best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFl0nlHaWa4
although many of us own lake homes that most people dream of

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 06:46 PM

Gonna have ot cut our conversation at this time. bus is leaving for Fargo. Hope to see ya at the game.GO BISON!!!!!

ndsubison1
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
this thread is a roller coaster of emotions

bisonpride4ever
09-02-2011, 07:42 PM

you do realize he said gas station and liquor store. i don't think you realize how much people drink out here, you own a liquor store, especially in a rural area, and you are making bank.

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
you do realize he said gas station and liquor store. i don't think you realize how much people drink out here, you own a liquor store, especially in a rural area, and you are making bank.

I like to use the word "comfortable". And remember folks, profit is not a dirty word. :)

Bison bison
09-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Towner County is full of sots!

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Thank you!

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I like to use the word "comfortable". And remember folks, profit is not a dirty word. :)

Hey man as far as I'm concerned if you do what you love and don't have a boss, you'll never work a day in your life. That is my friend the American Dream. Besides everyone loves the guy with liquor! Hell stop N go donated 3 million to the Bison and they are basically gas stations

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Hey man as far as I'm concerned if you do what you love and don't have a boss, you'll never work a day in your life. That is my friend the American Dream. Besides everyone loves the guy with liquor! Hell stop N go donated 3 million to the Bison and they are basically gas stations

I have noticed since we bought a liquor store, I have to bring all the beer and liquor for everything! And you are correct, I will never "work" a day again. See ya Sat.

IzzyFlexion
09-03-2011, 12:39 AM

East Coast Towner County representnnn bitches.
http://gangstaphrases.com/gangstaphrases_pics/gangsta_wannabes_04.jpg

4mcruenomore
09-03-2011, 12:54 AM

hmm, time to bring the heat??

CHADSTAUS
09-03-2011, 05:23 AM
East Coast Towner County representnnn bitches.
http://gangstaphrases.com/gangstaphrases_pics/gangsta_wannabes_04.jpg

I think those kids live down the street.