PDA

View Full Version : Bison football's opponent Saturday has plenty of history

JustinTyem
08-31-2011, 02:33 PM
The Leopards played the first indoor night college football game ever........ http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/332345/

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:46 PM
The Leopards played the first indoor night college football game ever........ http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/332345/

This is going to be a good game. Not sure why everyone is predicting 50-0. I expect to win but only by 1 or 2 scores max. I hope I'm wrong.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
This is a cool opponent. I'm glad we're playing them. I'm not sure how beneficial it is to have games vs teams from far away regions which we don't recruit heavily in but it is cool to see these teams anyway.

Leopard fan
08-31-2011, 05:15 PM
This is a cool opponent. I'm glad we're playing them. I'm not sure how beneficial it is to have games vs teams from far away regions which we don't recruit heavily in but it is cool to see these teams anyway.

I think this is a good game for both schools. The Bison get an opponent that will test them, but you will still be rather heavy favorites.

The leopards get a chance to play a top FCS opponent, and playing such a talented team will help us down the road. It is rare for us to play an away game without a return. I can't think of another time we did this. This was however a unique opportunituy to play a different school, and get some valuable "big game" experience.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 05:22 PM
I think this is a good game for both schools. The Bison get an opponent that will test them, but you will still be rather heavy favorites.

The leopards get a chance to play a top FCS opponent, and playing such a talented team will help us down the road. It is rare for us to play an away game without a return. I can't think of another time we did this. This was however a unique opportunituy to play a different school, and get some valuable "big game" experience.

It's always fun playing new teams, especially ones that have never played. Not much to compare sine there is virtually no history, except us playing RMU last year. We get to see some good eastern football. You guys get to see some good Midwestern football. Win win situation. Extra exposure for both teams in new parts of the country.

CAS4127
08-31-2011, 05:36 PM
It is also beneficial for both teams that each is in a play-off auto-qualifying conference come selection time.

BisonAccountant44
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM

The leopards get a chance to play a top FCS opponent, and playing such a talented team will help us down the road. It is rare for us to play an away game without a return. I can't think of another time we did this. This was however a unique opportunituy to play a different school, and get a nice paycheck.

FIFY______

Pards Rule
08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I think we would have dont it anyway without the paycheck. That was just a bonus (and pays for the charter plane). Hey can a fellow Pard or Bison PM me here and tell me what hotel the team is going to stay in? Or is that a Tavani state secret?

hawkbuster
08-31-2011, 06:46 PM
I think we would have dont it anyway without the paycheck. That was just a bonus (and pays for the charter plane). Hey can a fellow Pard or Bison PM me here and tell me what hotel the team is going to stay in? Or is that a Tavani state secret?

Radisson Hotel Fargo- Downtown

SamsRams
08-31-2011, 11:46 PM

If NDSU can recruit AZ, then why not find some gems in PA!!