PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Game Predictions

No_Skill
08-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Seriously...Tuesday before the first game of the year and this thread hasn't been made yet?

NDSU blows out Lafayette = 65%
NDSU wins a close game = 20%
Lafayette wins a close game = 16%
Lafayette blows out NDSU = -1% and our universe ceases to exist

MinotBison
08-31-2011, 02:34 AM
NDSU 35
Lafayette 21

CivilBison96
08-31-2011, 02:40 AM
NDSU-31
Lafayette-10

Jay
08-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Good guys 48-13

bri-dog
08-31-2011, 02:43 AM
Bison 38-16

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 02:46 AM
34-13, NDSU. I really think they might come out hot, a la Robert Morris last season, but once our defense gets a series or two in I think they'll clamp down.

DJ gets at least 150.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm taking the good guys, 24-14.

bisoneer
08-31-2011, 02:50 AM
NDSU 31 - Lafayette 13 after a halftime score of 17 - 10 ... GO HERD!!!

TbonZach
08-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Da Bison will beat the Pards 31 to -7.

http://thedeafsage.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/snl-super-fans.jpg

/obligatory

TbonZach
08-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Bison - 34
Leopards - 14

JSUBison
08-31-2011, 03:06 AM
I posted this in the other thread. I haven't changed my mind.

NDSU 16
Lafayette 6

Bisonwinagn
08-31-2011, 03:21 AM
NDSU 42
Lafayette 17

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2011, 03:25 AM
leopards 52 ndsu 10

Hammersmith
08-31-2011, 03:26 AM
NDSU: eleventy-one
Lafayette: absolute zero(-273)

(yeah, I'm no good at these and I was teaching science on Monday)

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:43 AM
Bison 45
Leotards 3

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:44 AM
leopards 52 ndsu 10
bwahahahhahhahahhahhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahha hahahahah!

ndsubison1
08-31-2011, 04:14 AM
ndsu 33 leotards 15

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 04:14 AM
34-13, NDSU. I really think they might come out hot, a la Robert Morris last season, but once our defense gets a series or two in I think they'll clamp down.

DJ gets at least 150.

Thats a pretty good score. Ive got around 150 passing yds. And not quite 300 rushing. DJ and sam both break 100 yds. 34-17 ndsu. Lafayette +1 on turnovers.

17>1
08-31-2011, 04:17 AM
34-17 Bison. Somewhere in the ballpark of 17-10 Bison at half, then our depth becomes a factor and starts to where them down. Go Bison!!!

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Does anyone know if they have to follow PL travel squad rules? our depth will destroy them if that is the case.

For CAS* that limits them to only bringing 58 players.

*Cause he doesnt know the difference between the NEC and the PL. :rofl:

Does anyone know the MVFC travel squad rule? I do not.

Ross
08-31-2011, 04:28 AM
Da Bison will beat the Pards 31 to -7.

http://thedeafsage.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/snl-super-fans.jpg

/obligatory

What if the Bison can't make the game and Bohl is the only one who shows up? Da Bison, 10-7 on a late Bohl field goal.

Real prediction:
Bison 38
Kitty cats 17

OrygunBison
08-31-2011, 04:56 AM
NDSU: eleventy-one
Lafayette: absolute zero(-273)

(yeah, I'm no good at these and I was teaching science on Monday)

Were you teaching in Canada? Absolute zero in America is -460. With that, I'm going with a prediction of:

48 Bison to -460 Tards.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Were you teaching in Canada? Absolute zero in America is -460. With that, I'm going with a prediction of:

48 Bison to -460 Tards.

He said he was teaching science not drinking.

The entire world uses Celsius. And because of that you are taught science in metric "SI".

OrygunBison
08-31-2011, 05:14 AM
He said he was teaching science not drinking.

The entire world uses Celsius. And because of that you are taught science in metric "SI".

Well, yeah, but -460 sounds cooler so fuck of, eh.

Goddamn commie. Sure the rest of the world is using Celsius. That's great. But we're running things, not them. I'm going with gallons, pounds, feet/inches, acres, and in this case negative 460 degrees Fahrenheit. We pay for everything so we get to make our own rules. Those fucking French wanted to make days 10 hours long, too. Then they were going to still make people work 8 hours a day.

Fucking French.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 05:29 AM

Goddamn commie. Sure the rest of the world is using Celsius. That's great. But we're running things, not them. I'm going with gallons, pounds, feet/inches, acres, and in this case negative 460 degrees Fahrenheit. We pay for everything so we get to make our own rules. Those fucking French wanted to make days 10 hours long, too. Then they were going to still make people work 8 hours a day.

Fucking French.

k .

Herd80
08-31-2011, 01:58 PM
This was a great exchange...could you guys start drinking again and ramp it back up?

Leopard fan
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know if they have to follow PL travel squad rules? our depth will destroy them if that is the case.

For CAS* that limits them to only bringing 58 players.

*Cause he doesnt know the difference between the NEC and the PL. :rofl:

Does anyone know the MVFC travel squad rule? I do not.

No. We can bring as many as we want for non-league games.

58 is sufficient anyway. Most teams don't play 58 players in games.

GradBison
08-31-2011, 02:12 PM

Fucking French.

Who are you and what have you done to OrBison?!!

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
NDSU wins a close game by 7. It's a 1 scored game to start the 4th quarter. These guys are better than we think.

GradBison
08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
NDSU wins a close game by 7. It's a 1 scored game to start the 4th quarter. These guys are better than we think.

If it's only a 2 score win I'm extremely disappointed.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Bison 38-17

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
If it's only a 2 score win I'm extremely disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed. I think we win the next week 50 - 0 but that's a truly bad team. This will probably be very similar to Robert Morris plus week 1, crazy things have been known to happen.

GradBison
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Prepare to be disappointed. I think we win the next week 50 - 0 but that's a truly bad team. This will probably be very similar to Robert Morris plus week 1, crazy things have been known to happen.

The Bison pounded RMU 43-17, RMU won their league and were in the playoffs. This Lafayette team won 2 games last year.

If the Bison, after this off-season and how the last game played ended, don't come out and absolutely dominate then I will be extremely disappointed.

coldspot
08-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Bison score > Leotards score

Notorious
08-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Bizons - 49
Nards - 3

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 03:10 PM
The Bison pounded RMU 43-17, RMU won their league and were in the playoffs. This Lafayette team won 2 games last year.

If the Bison, after this off-season and how the last game played ended, don't come out and absolutely dominate then I will be extremely disappointed.

yeah but we were also losing 7-6 at half time and only lead 20-14 after 3. These guys are much better than their record shows... besides the conference champion beat UNI last year so the conference is capable. They lost 5 games in the last drive or 2 so they don't completely suck and they typically win their conference. They also hang with teams like Appalachian in the playoffs. Depth is our biggest advantage but in week 1, these guys will have more depth than say week 10.

tcbison
08-31-2011, 03:15 PM
I am going to say Bison 31 Pards 20.

bisoningrandforks
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
bison...34...pards..21

tony
08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
NDSU is pretty terrible at home in the first half.

USD, Indiana State, Western Illinois, Robert Morris - NDSU was behind at the half in all those games.

Morgan State - NDSU put together a 1 minute drive to score with 22 seconds left to take the lead.

Southern Illinois - the difference at half was that NDSU special teams blocked a punt for a TD.

SDSU? The difference was a Coulter Boyer pick 6.

That has to change. Hopefully it does, but for now I'm predicting a Lafayette lead at the half. And that's as far as I'll go :)

BisonPride72
08-31-2011, 03:26 PM
NDSU 34
Pards 13

Notorious
08-31-2011, 03:28 PM

USD, Indiana State, Western Illinois, Robert Morris - NDSU was behind at the half in all those games.

Morgan State - NDSU put together a 1 minute drive to score with 22 seconnds left to take the lead.

Southern Illinois - the difference at half was that NDSU special teams blocked a punt for a TD.

That has to change.

Agreed...new team...new season...more confidence/swagger...expecting big things!

ndsubison1
08-31-2011, 05:32 PM

Morgan State - NDSU put together a 1 minute drive to score with 22 seconds left to take the lead.

That has to change. Hopefully it does, but for now I'm predicting a Lafayette lead at the half. And that's as far as I'll go :)

yeah thats one thing we need to improve on. cant let teams score on us right away like we did so often last season

Lafalum29
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Greetings Bison fans! Looking forward to a great game on Saturday. Wish I could make the trip but Fargo is just too damn far for me.

I can't figure out why so many think this is going to be a blow out. Is everyone basing it off our 2-9 season and that we're non-scholly? I sure hope the NDSU staff and players prepared with those things in mind!!!

Now us Leopard fans are used to being let down on a regular basis but I just can't predict a blow out. 5 of last years games could have went the other way so 2-9 may be a little misleading IMO. And, if you want to play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon: Lehigh beat the UNI team (at UNI) that you lost to. We blew the Lehigh game with stubborn play calling. Now this doesn't mean we're going to win but it definitely doesn't mean we lose 50-0 either.

If you play "we're scholarship and you're not game": We're 5-3 versus scholly teams since we've been eligible for the playoffs (correct me if I'm wrong 'Pard fans). Only one of those games was a blow out. Two of those games were against the eventual National Champs and we were toe-to-toe in the 4th quarter with both.

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

:hide:

Leopard fan
08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't share my fellow alum's optomism.

NDSU 35
Lafayette 21

Pards Rule
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Greetings Bison fans! Looking forward to a great game on Saturday. Wish I could make the trip but Fargo is just too damn far for me.

I can't figure out why so many think this is going to be a blow out. Is everyone basing it off our 2-9 season and that we're non-scholly? I sure hope the NDSU staff and players prepared with those things in mind!!!

Now us Leopard fans are used to being let down on a regular basis but I just can't predict a blow out. 5 of last years games could have went the other way so 2-9 may be a little misleading IMO. And, if you want to play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon: Lehigh beat the UNI team (at UNI) that you lost to. We blew the Lehigh game with stubborn play calling. Now this doesn't mean we're going to win but it definitely doesn't mean we lose 50-0 either.

If you play "we're scholarship and you're not game": We're 5-3 versus scholly teams since we've been eligible for the playoffs (correct me if I'm wrong 'Pard fans). Only one of those games was a blow out. Two of those games were against the eventual National Champs and we were toe-to-toe in the 4th quarter with both.

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

No we lost that game on Unspecial teams!! Which haunted us all year. LU scored a TD with 0 yards recall - blocked punt (I think Tavani said some young players were stymied by a Hawk twist rush) and ball returned 5 yards for TD...Anyway, I bad on predictions. I'm praying we win and hoping its that Liberty feeling all over again - when no one thought we would go down to Lynchburg, VA and beat the Liberty Flame.

MNLonghorn10

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

wtf? negged.

Pards Rule

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

What was the blow out??

Da_Bison
08-31-2011, 06:46 PM

If our season had not ended the way it did, and the players weren't as focused as Bohl says they have been all throughout summer practice, I would agree with you. The way things ended on that Butt ugly red turf has these guys driven and on a mission and I think its all gonna come out against Lafayette.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

You're supposed to think that your team will win. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you're probably wrong.

cbline
08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Defense usually has the upper hand in early season match up's before offenses start to come together in later weeks. With the strength of NDSU's D, I suspect that Lafayette's offense will struggle. That will (hopefully) feed into the crowd.

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Bison 50
Pards 0

Lafalum29
08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
What was the blow out??

I believe it was UMASS. 35-14?

Lafalum29
08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
You're supposed to think that your team will win. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you're probably wrong.

Ditto. :duel:

Lafalum29
08-31-2011, 07:46 PM
No we lost that game on Unspecial teams!! Which haunted us all year. LU scored a TD with 0 yards recall - blocked punt (I think Tavani said some young players were stymied by a Hawk twist rush) and ball returned 5 yards for TD...Anyway, I bad on predictions. I'm praying we win and hoping its that Liberty feeling all over again - when no one thought we would go down to Lynchburg, VA and beat the Liberty Flame.

True. But that goal-line stand is the nightmare I relive!! The same play 3x in a row!!

TAILG8R
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm going with
NDSU 34
Pards 20

THEsocalledfan
08-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Everyone is giving this team way too much credit:

NDSU-42
Pards-3

BisoninNWMN
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM

100% right on!!!

We're giving this team way too much respect. Ya, it will take a few series to try and figure them out but this Bison team has too much talent for them. Our defense will shut them down and if our passing game moves the chains, both DJ and Sam will have 100 yards rushing.

The key is turnovers. If the Bison have 2+ TOs then it could be interesting in the 2nd half.

I fully expect the Bison to come out and establish the run and use play-action off of that. I really think the passing game will come around this year.

Bison win 38-10

TheBisonator
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
NDSU 37
Lafayette 21

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 10:21 PM
If this team scores 21 on us we have some problems, I don't even expect the gophers to put up 21

KSBisonFan
08-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Bison 40
Lafayette 16

bisonwest
08-31-2011, 10:28 PM
As stated earlier, we are notorious for starting out slow and I have a feeling that will hold true on saturday. I see the game going something like this:

1. They will score first.
2. They will hold a lead late in the second quarter
3. We will score right before half
4. The score at half will be within 10 pts either way
5. We will get the ball first in the second half (as always) and score on that drive. probably a field goal.
6. The game will stay close until some time early in the 4th when the Herd begins to pull away.
7. Elsey comes in with 3 min. left

Final score
Bison- 38

Leopards- 20

I don't buy the "They were 2-9 last year, we're gonna blow them out" thing. Lafayette lost a lot of close games last year much like us in 2009. They are probably not that far away from having a pretty good team. I would really want to see us put a complete game together and put them away early but even if it goes into overtime I wouldn't feel any differently about our team. We will win because of a great runningback, a stout defense, and most of all depth. Not because we are playing a cupcake, cuz we're not.

GO BISON!

99Bison
08-31-2011, 10:44 PM
As stated earlier, we are notorious for starting out slow and I have a feeling that will hold true on saturday. I see the game going something like this:

1. They will score first.
2. They will hold a lead late in the second quarter
3. We will score right before half
4. The score at half will be within 10 pts either way
5. We will get the ball first in the second half (as always) and score on that drive. probably a field goal.
6. The game will stay close until some time early in the 4th when the Herd begins to pull away.
7. Elsey comes in with 3 min. left

Final score
Bison- 38

Leopards- 20

I don't buy the "They were 2-9 last year, we're gonna blow them out" thing. Lafayette lost a lot of close games last year much like us in 2009. They are probably not that far away from having a pretty good team. I would really want to see us put a complete game together and put them away early but even if it goes into overtime I wouldn't feel any differently about our team. We will win because of a great runningback, a stout defense, and most of all depth. Not because we are playing a cupcake, cuz we're not.

GO BISON!

+++ for accuracy ++++ whether that's good or bad :).

My wish for the season is really that we continually start with energy and be "up to game speed" sooner for once in a decade!

IzzyFlexion
08-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Two of those games were against the eventual National Champs and we were toe-to-toe in the 4th quarter with both.

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

Idaho won the National Championship??!!:confused:

ndsubison1
08-31-2011, 11:03 PM
100% right on!!!

We're giving this team way too much respect. Ya, it will take a few series to try and figure them out but this Bison team has too much talent for them. Our defense will shut them down and if our passing game moves the chains, both DJ and Sam will have 100 yards rushing.

The key is turnovers. If the Bison have 2+ TOs then it could be interesting in the 2nd half.

I fully expect the Bison to come out and establish the run and use play-action off of that. I really think the passing game will come around this year.

Bison win 38-10

meh. lafayette was in the playoffs for 3 years straight and held their own pretty well. they're normally a good competitive FCS team. last year they were down but no idea how theyll be this year. that being said, i expect the bison to win by 3+ scores

CAS4127
08-31-2011, 11:58 PM
We will score first on pic 6. Runaway from there--38-17 with late TD for them.

BisoninNWMN
09-01-2011, 12:19 AM
meh. lafayette was in the playoffs for 3 years straight and held their own pretty well. they're normally a good competitive FCS team. last year they were down but no idea how theyll be this year. that being said, i expect the bison to win by 3+ scores

Ya, if we were playing a perennially tough FCS team like McNeese, G Southern or a upper echelon CAA team, then I would be "nervous" about our play in this game. But we are playing a PL team that has been up and down the last few yrs that has never played in a dome or traveled this far or experienced our crowd.

Bison win big.

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Bisonwest, why do u think Esley will be in the game,if its close going into the 4th???

WRSDBison
09-01-2011, 12:52 AM
I predict we're down 10-7 at halftime, but go on to win 38-10.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Our offense last year really never hit full stride. If QB play doesn't improve, this game, along with all the rest will be close. While I see us winning, unless Jensen starts throwing with more accuracy, I don't see a blowout.

NDSU: 28

Them: 14

HoopsBison
09-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Bison: 31
Pards: 0

Sup now

Scooter1
09-01-2011, 02:09 AM
There has been mention of Lafayette playing the U Mass tough losing 35-14 in 2006. What they don't tell you was that U Mass was up 21-0 with less than 2 minutes in the second and threw an INT....Lafayette scored (credit due) then U Mass fumbled the kickoff and Lafayette scored again. Total time of less than a minute and a half making it 21-14. this accounted for 1/3 of their offense (201 total) and 5/12 of all the offensive plays that Lafayette ran on the U of Mass side of the field for the entire game. Four the rest of the 58 minutes of this contest Lafayette never got inside the U Mass 35. U Mass could have scored again at the end of the game. (inside lafayette 20 then ran out clock)

However, they did play App St tough in 2005.

Oh well, we played UNI tough last year according to the score. (11 sacks cough, cough)

Sticking with 38-17

bisonwest
09-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Bisonwest, why do u think Esley will be in the game,if its close going into the 4th???

I said with 3 minutes left. If my prediction came to fruition we would be up three scores at that time with little chance of them coming back at that point. I'm not saying we are going to see a lot of Esley. I personally hope we put it away earlier so we can get him as much time as possible. We shall see Saturday.

Northside Bison
09-01-2011, 04:23 AM
The passing game will still be working out some kinks, so DJ and the running game will have to carry this one. 200+ rushing yards. 34-17 Bison.

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Im calling 45-17 Bison. DJ,Sam and company take 280 yds,and Brock throws 234 yds on 16-23 atts. to 5 different receivers.

mgbison
09-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Our defense is too fast, deep and physical. Lafayette's qb is gonna take a beating.

Bison 42
Lafayette 14

Lafalum29
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
There has been mention of Lafayette playing the U Mass tough losing 35-14 in 2006. What they don't tell you was that U Mass was up 21-0 with less than 2 minutes in the second and threw an INT....Lafayette scored (credit due) then U Mass fumbled the kickoff and Lafayette scored again. Total time of less than a minute and a half making it 21-14. this accounted for 1/3 of their offense (201 total) and 5/12 of all the offensive plays that Lafayette ran on the U of Mass side of the field for the entire game. Four the rest of the 58 minutes of this contest Lafayette never got inside the U Mass 35. U Mass could have scored again at the end of the game. (inside lafayette 20 then ran out clock)

However, they did play App St tough in 2005.

Oh well, we played UNI tough last year according to the score. (11 sacks cough, cough)

Sticking with 38-17

Not only will I say it..........

Pard's - 28
Bison - 14

I DID say it!

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 01:15 PM

I DID say it!

:duel: .

HandoEX
09-01-2011, 01:21 PM
82-0, just to one-up the MSUM game score.

:p

Bogie
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Everyone back here in Easton, Pennsylvania is looking forward to seeing how well Lafayette's run defense holds up against D.J. McNorton. We understand that he's considered the second best running back in FCS. That's quite and honor. I'm certain that the Lafayette coaching staff has been up until the wee hours game planning specifically for McNorton.

Of course, Lafayette is able to handle the #1 running back in FCS, Colgate's Nate Eachus. So it should stand to reason that we can deal with as much of number two as you can throw at us.

Capn_Cat
09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Lafayette 9
Prairie Poopers 6

Bison06
09-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Everyone back here in Easton, Pennsylvania is looking forward to seeing how well Lafayette's run defense holds up against D.J. McNorton. We understand that he's considered the second best running back in FCS. That's quite and honor. I'm certain that the Lafayette coaching staff has been up until the wee hours game planning specifically for McNorton.

Of course, Lafayette is able to handle the #1 running back in FCS, Colgate's Nate Eachus. So it should stand to reason that we can deal with as much of number two as you can throw at us.

IMO, it has never been our running backs you have to worry about, it is our offensive line leaning on you that keeps defensive coordinators up at night.

Don't get me wrong, the talent we have at running back is formidable, but we have shown over the last decade that you can really plug anyone in behind that line and they will look like a star.

First half might not be so rough, but by the middle of the third quarter, those big boys up front will be pushing your guys around pretty easily. We have done in FBS teams for the past 5 years. I see no reason why it won't happen on Saturday.

81to86Bisonfan
09-01-2011, 04:05 PM
NDSU 44, Lafayette 10.

90BISON
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
BISON 35 - Pards 17

It will be close in the first half, the second half will be almost a replay of the 4th quarter of the Montana St playoff game.... :)

Lafalum29
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
IMO, it has never been our running backs you have to worry about, it is our offensive line leaning on you that keeps defensive coordinators up at night.

Don't get me wrong, the talent we have at running back is formidable, but we have shown over the last decade that you can really plug anyone in behind that line and they will look like a star.

First half might not be so rough, but by the middle of the third quarter, those big boys up front will be pushing your guys around pretty easily. We have done in FBS teams for the past 5 years. I see no reason why it won't happen on Saturday.

I'm curious as to what makes your O-line better than any other tough, run oriented team we've faced? Really. Stonybrook finished 6 or 7 in FCS in rushing last year and we came away with a W.

BTW, our O-line slightly out weighs yours and our D-line has you by 10+ pounds per man. :rimshot:

I'm not disagreeing with you (yet). Just enlighten us as to why your massive O-line is going to push us around.

MN_BISON
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm curious as to what makes your O-line better than any other tough, run oriented team we've faced? Really. Stonybrook finished 6 or 7 in FCS in rushing last year and we came away with a W.

BTW, our O-line slightly out weighs yours and our D-line has you by 10+ pounds per man. :rimshot:

I'm not disagreeing with you (yet). Just enlighten us as to why your massive O-line is going to push us around.

Well it's pretty simple really, they are Stonybrook; which by the way sounds like a Pauly Shore movie name and we are thee NDSU Bison. Not much else needs to be said about this topic. As to why our line will push Lafayette around, see the first part of the post and sub Lafayette for Stoneybrook and you've got your answer. That is all. :bow:
:D Just having some fun guys, looking for a good game on Saturday.

99Bison
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Not to be a jacktard, but it has been happening for about 50 years almost every game... so for some reason there is confidence there from fans.

Tatanka
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM

South Dakota State's cheerleaders outweigh ours by 30+ pounds, but that doesn't stop us from taking over their stadium every other year.

:D

Looking forward to a good matchup against a solid opponent. Also expecting Bison victory.

Bison06
09-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Others have said it, but I will echo. The confidence comes from seeing it happen time and time again against teams that have said exactly what you are saying to us right now. "We outweigh you, we have seen physical teams before why would you be any different"

The offensive line at NDSU has a long tradition of being a well coached, physical unit. I am not familiar with the teams you have played against, but I can say I have seen it happen too many times to believe it won't happen on Saturday.

I'll be counting pancakes on Saturday if you want to join me :)

I am just having a little fun, I hope you guys bring in a great squad and give us a hell of a game. I can only make it to a few games this year so I don't like to come up to Fargo to see a blowout.

Bison03
09-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Going "toe to toe" with a team and losing is still losing. A better team would have found a way go win. That's what good teams do. We were pretty close to beating the national champ last year. Does that mean we are almost champs? No. A 2-9 team is exactly what it is. Two years ago when we were a 3-8 team there was no doubt our record mirrored our play. Every team could claim they were one or two plays from being undefeated. It doesn't mean they are. I am not saying that we should not respect Lafayette and look past them but we should also not put them as world beaters. And another thing. Saying that their conference champ beat our conference champ is irrelevant. Conferences don't play each other, teams do. All that being said I expect it to be a good game. Tight first half but Bison pull away in the second half. DJ goes for 150+, Sam goes 100+, Brock passes for only 200 as we ground and pound them into submission. Final score: Bison 31 Pards 13.

Leopard fan
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
The NDSU offensive line are the decendants of Vikings fathered by Thor and birthed by the mother of Eric the Red. They spend all summer pulling plows and wrestling grizzly bears.

Scooter1
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM

BTW, our O-line slightly out weighs yours and our D-line has you by 10+ pounds per man.

I'm not disagreeing with you (yet). Just enlighten us as to why your massive O-line is going to push us around

I DID say it!

Because that's what they do. We don't brag about beating scholorship teams we just beat teams in the Big 10 and Big 12..(we own the MAC)

You will find there is a difference between a 6'2 310 tub a goo...
to Billy Turner's 6'6" two ninety two. :rimshot:

(this is just smack, brother)

Bison06
09-01-2011, 07:12 PM
The NDSU offensive line are the decendants of Vikings fathered by Thor and birthed by the mother of Eric the Red. They spend all summer pulling plows and wrestling grizzly bears.

Now you're getting it :)

BisonBabe
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Lafayette 9
Prairie Poopers 6

Where you been Capn.......be sure to come back and visit after the game :p

ndsubison1
09-01-2011, 07:18 PM

best RB in FCS is washaun ealey

Notorious
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM

I once had a customer, Terry Colton, who as a college student, wrestled a grizzly bear at the Nebraska State Fair. As the story goes, Terry won by pinfall early in the match. Thank you for the trip down memory lane.

Tatanka
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I once had a customer, Terry Colton, who as a college student, wrestled a grizzly bear at the Nebraska State Fair. As the story goes, Terry won by pinfall early in the match. Thank you for the trip down memory lane.

Cool story bro </obligatory>
http://joestcharles.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/brasky_drunks.jpg

For the record, Bill Brasky was cut from the Bison O-Line because he wasn't nearly enough of a sonofabitch.

Bison06
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Cool story bro </obligatory>
http://joestcharles.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/brasky_drunks.jpg

For the record, Bill Brasky was cut from the Bison O-Line because he wasn't nearly enough of a sonofabitch.

The guy who put my comcast cable in on Tuesday told me he killed a wild hog in Texas with a 13 inch blade. I believe him, rough dude.

Even he doesn't have the stones to play O-Line for the Bison.

Lafalum29
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM

:judges:

See? That's all the proof I was looking for!!

bisonfan08
09-01-2011, 08:41 PM

We're better than we think and win 52-13

HooliganBison
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
We will score at least 1 more point than them and win.

BisonBabe
09-01-2011, 09:20 PM
We will score at least 1 more point than them and win.

That works for me :rimshot:

IzzyFlexion
09-02-2011, 12:16 AM

Now you're getting it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNk8EDKFCw#t=2m7s

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2011, 12:37 AM

I will be very nervous about this year if we only beat this team by only 7....

56BISON73
09-02-2011, 01:53 AM
I will be very nervous about this year if we only beat this team by only 7....

these guys will be better than most think.

moosbah
09-02-2011, 02:14 AM
US 35
Them 17

Bogie
09-02-2011, 04:32 AM
these guys will be better than most think.

This much is true. We probably won't win, but we'll be a lot better than you think. I mean a LOT better.

skolbrother
09-02-2011, 05:17 AM
The crowd, atmosphere etc. initially work against us. They will come out for the opening kickoff waving their arms and bobbing their heads all wound up! Seen it for 30 years when small schools come in all jacked up. They may even take an early lead, but then speed & strength take over about mid 2 ND quarter when they go " this crowd while @ times geriatric, becomes loud when needed & I don't want to waste energy, & wow the Bison are fast & physical!"

Ultimately it will seem close but will be: 38-13, Bison W.

bisonpride4ever
09-02-2011, 05:33 AM
http://shop.beyondthewall.com/v/vspfiles/photos/B038-1217-1.jpg

http://www.sanwild.org/NOTICEBOARD/janmay10/pics/leopard.jpg

Bogie
09-02-2011, 05:53 AM
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2051/deadbison.jpg

Bogie
09-02-2011, 05:57 AM
The crowd, atmosphere etc. initially work against us. They will come out for the opening kickoff waving their arms and bobbing their heads all wound up! Seen it for 30 years when small schools come in all jacked up. They may even take an early lead, but then speed & strength take over about mid 2 ND quarter when they go " this crowd while @ times geriatric, becomes loud when needed & I don't want to waste energy, & wow the Bison are fast & physical!"

Ultimately it will seem close but will be: 38-13, Bison W.

Sincere apologies, skolbrother, but you cannot petition the lord with prayer. You should know that.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 06:01 AM
That works for me :rimshot:

If we win, I claim dibs on BisonBabe, whomsoever she might turn out to be.

Thank you, and a pleasant good night to everyone. I'll see all of you Saturday afternoon.

Scooter1
09-02-2011, 06:04 AM

Thank you, and a pleasant good night to everyone. I'll see all of you Saturday afternoon.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ndsubison1
09-02-2011, 06:05 AM

wtf is that?

Da_Bison
09-02-2011, 06:13 AM
wtf is that?

hahaha, thats exactly what I was wondering. looks like a water buffulo

bisonpride4ever
09-02-2011, 06:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Bogie
09-02-2011, 06:27 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5636/bowux.jpg

Better?

Scooter1
09-02-2011, 06:31 AM
That is one big animal, boogie.

Bogie
09-02-2011, 06:45 AM
That is one big animal, boogie.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

But you knew that already, didn't you?

Scooter1
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM

You do know your guys won't have weapons, right? :facepalm2:

Find a place to hide....guess which one represents you. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDy4C_9psI0&feature=related

or..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqzpvpwljY&feature=related

gotts
09-02-2011, 11:54 AM

Ah, so you are familiar with the SDSU cheerleaders already? I thought you didn't know much about the MVFC?

BisonBabe
09-02-2011, 02:15 PM

LOL I don't know that you could handle me :p

80ALUM
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
No way they score 2 TDs against us.

Bison 34
Leopards 10

Bison"FANatic"
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I think we as fans are going to be surprised by the size and athleticism on the offensive line of this "nonscholarship" team. We will win but we also will probably be doing some shuffling on the offensive line and that might keep it interesting for a time. We win by 2 TD's.

JustinTyem
09-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Those Kitties cant handle the Wild Bison of The NorthDakotaState University!!!!

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Those Kitties cant handle the Wild Bison of The NorthDakotaState University!!!!

Reps merely for the length of time you spent programming that response.

bisonfan11
09-03-2011, 01:18 AM
NDSU-38
Lafayette-7

BisoninNWMN
09-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Lafayette's run defense sounds very suspect.

Bison pound this team!

GO BISON

WYOBISONMAN
09-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I agree with NW......Bison should thrast these guys by more that 21 points. Less than that and I am a bit nervous.

BisoninNWMN
09-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree with NW......Bison should thrast these guys by more that 21 points. Less than that and I am a bit nervous.

100% agree.

this......"well, Lehigh went and beat UNI last year"......The Bison would have beat UNI last year in the playoffs also. Lafayette is picked 4th in their league....

I'm a homer but the Bison will pound this team. The passing game should open up with the Pards trying to stop the run.

GO BISON

A1pigskin
09-03-2011, 03:06 PM
10-4 to bisoninnwmn.

JustinTyem
09-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Im calling 45-17 Bison. DJ,Sam and company take 280 yds,and Brock throws 234 yds on 16-23 atts. to 5 different receivers.

Wow,I was pretty close on my call.:judges:

OrygunBison
09-04-2011, 01:54 AM

48 Bison to -460 Tards.

The Tards scored more than -460. I guess I was a little off on that one.

4mcruenomore
09-04-2011, 01:56 AM
The Tards scored more than -460. I guess I was a little off on that one.

hahahaha!

TABS is gay (10 char.)

IzzyFlexion
09-04-2011, 02:08 AM
416 yards of offense isn't enough against this team.
That will translate into about 250 yards in an MVFC game and about 200 in a Big Ten game. (well.....against a specific BT team.)

ndsubison1
09-04-2011, 11:01 AM
hahahaha!

TABS is gay (10 char.)

you already used 10 char.

BisoninNWMN
09-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I think we as fans are going to be surprised by the size and athleticism on the offensive line of this "nonscholarship" team. We will win but we also will probably be doing some shuffling on the offensive line and that might keep it interesting for a time. We win by 2 TD's.

Their O-line was not very good....not very good movement.

Our defense impressed me the most. Our starters held them to only 50-60 yds and they only moved the ball against our 2nd/3rd stringers.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Bison Defense did a good job. 1st qtr seemed a little slow, but picked up in the 2nd qtr.

dackienhan
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Predictions?

Lafayette committs special teams sins: misses a FG and Lehigh has a huge KO run back.