PDA

View Full Version : Scheels Bison Block Party - Thursday

HerdBot
08-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Just heard this on the radio. Didn't catch all the details. Bands. Mechanical bull. What are the other details?

CHADSTAUS
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM
I read some stuff about it on scheels web site. Guess I dont get to defend our chances for a 3-peat favorite bus/taigate rig. Could of used that 3rd helmet!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

scheelsguy
08-30-2011, 11:28 PM
A little Bisonville Pre-Press Release:
Coach Bohl will be making a very special announcement regarding NDSU football at the Scheels Block Party on Thursday night. He plans on giving the announcement at about 6pm.

Jay
08-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Coach Bohl will be making a very special announcement regarding NDSU football at the Scheels Block Party on Thursday night. He plans on giving the announcement at about 6pm.

Turf naming rights?

coldspot
Turf naming rights?

scheelsguyfield @ the fargodome?

roadwarrior

The FBS annoucement?

coldspot
08-30-2011, 11:40 PM
The FBS annoucement?

lakes head would explode if that happened...and I'm sure some on here would jump from the nearest tall building.

IzzyFlexion
08-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Ground breaking date for the Hillsboro NDSUND Mega-campus.
Hey, as long as lakes' head is exploding, might as well make it look like the Scanners movie.

Hammersmith
08-30-2011, 11:47 PM
The FBS annoucement?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were FBS related. Don't we still have an opening for an FBS game in a year or three. Or there's another game that could get scheduled that would be worth a special announcement.

But probably not.

No_Skill
08-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Is it that Lakes will make his triumphant return to Bisonville?

Bison bison
08-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Al Carlson Induction into the Bison Hall of Fame.

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 12:33 AM
I would not be at all surprised if he was announcing that NDSU and UND have agreed to a home and home.

As for an FBS announcement, I'd jump off of the dome or the top of the Dacotah stands.

Bison bison
08-31-2011, 12:37 AM
I would not be at all surprised if he was announcing that NDSU and UND have agreed to a home and home.

That would be a total buzz kill prior to the opener.

Answer Guy
08-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Introduction of the TAB line of tailgating pimp-wear.

CHADSTAUS
08-31-2011, 01:32 AM

As for an FBS announcement, I'd jump off of the dome or the top of the Dacotah stands.

I don't think that is in the cards. We are moving forward, and our neighbors to the north are doing everything possible just to keep there heads above water. I do not beleive we would feel the need to give them any traction.

I would put my money on a Bison-Nebraska game in the near future. You herd it here first. :bow: :bow: :bow:

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 01:50 AM

Retractable roof stadium? New commitment with crazy speed?

Hammersmith
08-31-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't think that is in the cards. We are moving forward, and our neighbors to the north are doing everything possible just to keep there heads above water. I do not beleive we would feel the need to give them any traction.

I would put my money on a Bison-Nebraska game in the near future. You herd it here first. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I was thinking the same thing at first. But it's usually the FBS school that gets the right of first announcement. Unless Nebraska is going to announce it tomorrow or Thurs morning/afternoon, I doubt it's them. Wish it was, however. (or Wisconsin - that would also kick ass)

1bizon1
08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
That would be a total buzz kill prior to the opener.

AGREED! I never want to see SU play those knuckleheads IN ANY SPORT!

No_Skill
08-31-2011, 02:13 AM
In all seriousness, I think it's obvious that it's "Scheels" related. Scheelsguy breaks the news...it's at the Scheels block party...

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 02:14 AM

Oh. My. God.

http://tradetalk.areavoices.com/2011/03/24/sonic-drive-in-is-coming-to-fargo-when-and-where-still-uncertain/ <- dated 3/24/11

http://www.fcsonic.org/images/sonic-logo.jpg

The timing is perfect.

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 02:15 AM
AGREED! I never want to see SU play those knuckleheads IN ANY SPORT!

I dont understand everyone (both sides) hatred about playing each other. The fact that you don't want to play them makes you sound scared, even if you are completely confident we'd roll them over hard like I am. If the terms and conditions were fair or favored NDSU, I'd be down.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM
I dont understand everyone (both sides) hatred about playing each other. The fact that you don't want to play them makes you sound scared, even if you are completely confident we'd roll them over hard like I am. If the terms and conditions were fair or favored NDSU, I'd be down.

Me too. God its nice to be able to say SCHEDULE THE SIOUX without getting nasty hate PMs from Lakes. Boy I bet he's pissed right now because he can't reply to this post. You hear that Lakes? I want to play the WHO?!!! HAHAHHAHA

BadlandsBison
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM

Its the fact und scoffed at our move to D1 and continues to scoff at everything NDSU does, whether NDSU does it worse or better than they do. And their isn't much left for them to hang over NDSU's head. Fact is, and game between the two schools would help the Whiouxers a lot more then it would help the Bison at this point. I don't want them to have any handouts.

56BISON73
08-31-2011, 02:26 AM

Can we get you to jump even if they dont make that announcement?:)

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:53 AM
I'd love to see Bison-Who back on. It should be every year, and nothing a few empty suits have done in the past decade or so should change that.

JSUBison
08-31-2011, 03:02 AM

That p you chasing in El Forko got you dizzy.....

I'd love to see Bison-Who back on. It should be every year, and nothing a few empty suits have done in the past decade or so should change that.

So you're ok with NDSU having only 5 home games every other year?

scheelsguy
08-31-2011, 03:03 AM
My advice: Come to the block party OR watch the news that night OR read the paper on Friday OR stay glued to Bisonville Thursday evening.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:16 AM
My advice: Come to the block party OR watch the news that night OR read the paper on Friday OR stay glued to Bisonville Thursday evening.
What's the big announcement? Any hints?

scheelsguy
08-31-2011, 03:19 AM
What's the big announcement? Any hints?

For you SD I'll predict your reaction: You are going to freak!

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:35 AM
OK, I am ready. If its so great I will be buying $200 plus of Bison clothing at Scheels on Friday around 5 or 6pm. Will you be there?

Hammersmith

Oh, like that narrows it down. ;)

bri-dog

They're quadrupling security in the west lot?:hide: :)

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 03:38 AM
Chest-bump seismographs?!

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Jagemeister party at the the horny bison tailgate with scantily dressed women in fish net stockings? My oh my!

Pards Rule
08-31-2011, 09:36 AM

What is this and where is it? Will they stampede a Pard?

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

Scheels is a very large sporting goods chain in the midwest.

1551 45th Street South, Fargo, ND

is its location.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 09:47 AM
No........but there is an old Ferris Wheel in the middle of the building that you can ride.
All sorts of displays about past US presidents to check out too.
Of course there are large departments for most every sport and lots of Bison clothing and stuff. Likely no Pard gear.
Check it out and get a free hot dog and pop Thur. evening.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Just have to say thanks scheelsguy........
Now I can't sleep as I was already anxiously waiting for my trip to Fargo on Friday, a visit to Scheels to stock up on new Bison gear, and of course tailgating and the game on Saturday. Then you dangle this announcement thing out there that is supposed to happen on Thursday.
I feel like a kid just before Christmas! :judges: :rimshot:

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Just have to say thanks scheelsguy........
Now I can't sleep as I was already anxiously waiting for my trip to Fargo on Friday, a visit to Scheels to stock up on new Bison gear, and of course tailgating and the game on Saturday. Then you dangle this announcement thing out there that is supposed to happen on Thursday.
I feel like a kid just before Christmas! :judges: :rimshot:

Bohl is gonna announce he took a BCS DC job. Hes leaving friday. [/purple]

SDbison
08-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Bohl is gonna announce he took a BCS DC job. Hes leaving friday. [/purple]
OK........now I can go back to bed.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 10:08 AM

Vigen is getting fired?
Vigen is getting promoted to head coach?

SDbison
08-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Vigen is getting fired?
Vigen is getting promoted to head coach?
Apparently one of those is going to happen someday.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM

For this, yes. But that is a false choice. The real question is, would I live with a scenario where every other year we choose between 5 home games or no FBS game. And yes, I'd trade an extra home game or no FBS game if it meant playing UND every year.

IzzyFlexion
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM

http://www.sundoginteractive.com/sunblog/posts/scheels-worlds-largest-all-sports-store
http://www.sundog.net/images/uploads/Scheels6ssmall.jpg

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 11:57 AM
For this, yes. But that is a false choice. The real question is, would I live with a scenario where every other year we choose between 5 home games or no FBS game. And yes, I'd trade an extra home game or no FBS game if it meant playing UND every year.

6 home games is a must. I love the scheduling for the last 2 years.

2010 - Kansas plus 6 home games
2011 - Gophers plus 6 homes. Perfect. (Would have been better with Ga So)

Would I want to only have 5 home games every other year to play UND? No way.

Playing every year flat out won't work but with some creativity we can keep 6 home games, schedule a BCS school every other year, and play UND every other year.

How would it impact schedule?

Current schedule... (2012 sucks, 2013 and 2014 are awesome)

2012 sucks. We will only have 5 home games (4 booked with an opening on 9/15) and a trip to Colorado. I could are less about the game to Colorado and its too far for me to drive so I'll stay home and watch it on TV. Now if it were against UND, I would gladly drive to GF.

2013 - 5 home games with 1 open dates, likely a 6th home game. We get Montana State at home and Kansas State.

2014 -
4 home conference games plus...
Sat, Aug 30 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa TBA
Sat, Sep 06 Montana Fargo, N.D. TBA
Sat, Nov 22 South Dakota Fargo, N.D. TBA

2015 -
Travel to Montana. I probably won't make it too far.

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2011, 12:31 PM
the announcement has to do with bohl saving a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to geico

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
In all seriousness, I think it's obvious that it's "Scheels" related. Scheelsguy breaks the news...it's at the Scheels block party...

And don't forget the fact that the game is "Sponsored by Scheels."

If I was a betting man, and I'm not, I would bet...

1) Free Yellow T-Shirts
2) Additional BSA donation
3) Retractable roof stadium with capacity of 60K *purple font*

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
That p you chasing in El Forko got you dizzy.....

I aint chasing any up there haha.

Never said it needs to be an annual game. Even every other year isn't a necessity. Maybe once every 4 years, so each recruiting class can be a part of it.

Yes, Bohl is heading out Friday evening to take the DC job for Auburn.

Bison bison
08-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Dude.

I think it would be great if we played them every year.

However, I don't want that to be the big news to kick off the season.

I hope you're not majoring in marketing.

All this UND talk should be in a different thread.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 01:30 PM

Never said it needs to be an annual game. Even every other year isn't a necessity. Maybe once every 4 years, so each recruiting class can be a part of it.

Yes, Bohl is heading out Friday evening to take the DC job for Auburn.

I like that idea. Every 4 years. I just want to see 6 home games more often than not. I'm already annoyed by the Colorado game next year because its taking away a home game and its too far to travel. I would rather be tailgating in Fargo. If we win it will help us on a national level.

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
I like that idea. Every 4 years. I just want to see 6 home games more often than not. I'm already annoyed by the Colorado game next year because its taking away a home game and its too far to travel. I would rather be tailgating in Fargo. If we win it will help us on a national level.

Colorado too far to travel? Where do you live? I think that game is an awesome one to grab.

bisonsupporter
08-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Steve Walker has another 2 years of eligibility left?

SDbison
08-31-2011, 01:52 PM
An FBS game each year is a great experience. Don't want to miss out on that for a UND game. Hopefully Gene keeps on scheduling FBS teams in or close to our region. Love the road trips to FBS venues.
Here are some of my guesses for Thursday's announcement:
1) Agreement on another FBS game
2) NDSU got an invite to the Big 12 and will be moving to FBS
3) Scheels will be a major contributor to fund a 35K outdoor stadium
4) All of the above
Just having some fun with this...........:p

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
[QU

OTE=4mcrue;520249]Colorado too far to travel? Where do you live? I think that game is an awesome one to grab.[/QUOTE]

Fargo. Not sure what part of the state they are in but thats gotta be a 12+ hour drive. I could fly but even if you go to Denver on a cheap flight its still a spendy and long trip when you rent a car and hotel. Montana is too far too.

The only way I travel is to UNI, SDSU, USD, and Minnesota. I would make an exception for Nebraska, Wisconsin, and of course a National Championship Game. Grand Forks obviously too.

roadwarrior
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Did anyone mention turf naming rights yet?

Civil06
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM

That's my guess. Either that, or it will be announced that Coach Bohl and his staff will again be wearing yellow on the sidelines.

CivilBison96
08-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Post #4 picked that one.

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM

That is where I would be putting my money.

I just don't believe there is a opponent out there that would create the hub bub of announcing at Scheels and take away from the game this weekend.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Well I am not going to Freak out about Scheels putting their name on the turf like scheelsguy said......unless they unveil a plan for the turf marking and it looks much like I proposed with a big Bison swoosh logo at mid-field.

Bisonfan1
08-31-2011, 03:23 PM
That's my guess. Either that, or it will be announced that Coach Bohl and his staff will again be wearing yellow on the sidelines.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDbison
08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may as well concede......yellow is in style for the season opener. Wear yellow or you will be green with envy.

bisonsupporter
08-31-2011, 03:35 PM
The new Scheels turf will be yellow to go with the Red of EW and Blue of Boise St.

tcbison
08-31-2011, 03:45 PM
The new Scheels turf will be yellow to go with the Red of EW and Blue of Boise St.

That would really suck if they did that. Personally, I would be upset if they did something stupid like that.

bisonwest
08-31-2011, 05:26 PM

This is what I was thinking. Would be awesome since I have family in Omaha that are big Husker fans and would love to rub it in my brother in-law's face after we knock them off. If that actually happened the news sunday morning would be of mass suicides down I-80.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 05:28 PM
You may as well concede......yellow is in style for the season opener. Wear yellow or you will be green with envy.

FYI they have $2 yellow shirts at the union till 3 pm today.

bisonwest
08-31-2011, 05:42 PM

Thanks dude! I'm gonna head that way later to pick a few up.

BadlandsBison
08-31-2011, 05:43 PM

Just purchased 2. Bartering was ineffective :)

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Just purchased 2. Bartering was ineffective :)

were the sizes reasonable? not just a bunch of XL's? Which part of the Union? I didn't see this going down

BadlandsBison
08-31-2011, 05:59 PM
were the sizes reasonable? not just a bunch of XL's? Which part of the Union? I didn't see this going down

2$ its the organization fair east side.

Answer Guy
08-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Bartering was ineffective :)

You've got nothing anyone wants. Color me shocked. :facepalm2:

BadlandsBison
08-31-2011, 06:23 PM
You've got nothing anyone wants. Color me shocked. :facepalm2:

Hey, I can trade a goat in GF for just about anything. But they have nothing I want :facepalm:

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 06:52 PM

Or the red and blue of the Fargodome seating. :facepalm:

SDbison
08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Who is going to this block party? Make you wonder if NDSU will require 10 security personnel for every 100 people there. You never know, throw some sausages in with the hot dogs and Bisonvillers might get a little excited. :facepalm2:

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Who is going to this block party? Make you wonder if NDSU will require 10 security personnel for every 100 people there. You never know, throw some sausages in with the hot dogs and Bisonvillers might get a little excited. :facepalm2:

I'm sure that none of this extra oversight is the desire of the Athletic Department, and possibly not the dome. There are other forces at work that are basically mandating this crap in exchange for the ability to have tailgating. It's pretty damn sad.

EndZoneQB
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm sure that none of this extra oversight is the desire of the Athletic Department, and possibly not the dome. There are other forces at work that are basically mandating this crap in exchange for the ability to have tailgating. It's pretty damn sad.

Meanwhile, at the Hilarious Center they enjoy promoting their tailgating at every possible opportunity.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Meanwhile, at the Hilarious Center they enjoy promoting their tailgating at every possible opportunity.

It would appear as if they've conceded the point that people are going to need to be as drunk as possible to be able to tolerate what they're about to see inside. Also, hence the escalator.

EndZoneQB
08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
It would appear as if they've conceded the point that people are going to need to be as drunk as possible to be able to tolerate what they're about to see inside. Also, hence the escalator.

Well, if the gestapo continue to increase their presence I'll have to consider tailgating up there before NDSU games then getting a ride back down here for the game. At least I'd be able to enjoy myself up there without worrying about being "rowdy". :facepalm:

SDbison
08-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, if the gestapo continue to increase their presence I'll have to consider tailgating up there before NDSU games then getting a ride back down here for the game. At least I'd be able to enjoy myself up there without worrying about being "rowdy". :facepalm:
Seriously, they keep this crap up we will need to take the tailgate elsewhere in Fargo and get rides to the game.

EndZoneQB
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Seriously, they keep this crap up we will need to take the tailgate elsewhere in Fargo and get rides to the game.

My office is right on University about a block and half north of the FD with a decent sized lot...room for atleast 3-4 buses....just saying.

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 08:10 PM

Walk around University and 12 St. and I'm sure you could find something going on...the crowd might be a bit youthful for all of your BV'ers old bones though.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Walk around University and 12 St. and I'm sure you could find something going on...the crowd might be a bit youthful for all of your BV'ers old bones though.
Don't tempt old Blue.

tony
08-31-2011, 11:30 PM

Curbs are too high for my Li'l Rascal.

http://www.principalspage.com/theblog/wp-content/uploads//2009/09/rascal-scooter.jpg

Damn kids :)

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Wow marketing is really making strides. They are selling tickets at the block party! Doesn't seem like a big deal but a few years ago this would not have happened.

They are making a big deal of the block party. Maybe the announcement is big?

Tatanka
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM

Methinks the more likely scenario is that you and the other yutes would get a crash course in how to do it right...

TbonZach
09-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Methinks the more likely scenario is that you and the other yutes would get a crash course in how to do it right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNgONH2ncI

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/2/twowhat128569239081611487.jpg

GradBison
09-01-2011, 09:40 PM
First person to post the big announcement here gets a cookie.

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe 200 here.

If you want to shake my hand I'm probably the only guy wearing red.

CHADSTAUS
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Maybe 200 here.

If you want to shake my hand I'm probably the only guy wearing red.

Try and post the big announcment from coach Bohl. I'm guessing we are gonna play Nebraska.

344Johnson
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM

1605 12 st. N Fargo. I'm here every weekend the Bison are playing. I will be waiting for you Tatanka.

Superfan
09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
1605 12 st. N Fargo. I'm here every weekend the Bison are playing. I will be waiting for you Tatanka.

Shouldn't your name be 160512st.NFargo then?

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 11:18 PM
The announcement is: be loud and stand. Gold rush. Wear yellow. Team gold jerseys.

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Gold jersey at home.

No_Skill
09-01-2011, 11:19 PM
...really?

:sigpalm:

chuckles
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
The announcement is: be loud and stand. Gold rush. Wear yellow. Team gold jerseys.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx284/TheWacoKidd/you_serious_clark.png

pwbnd
09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
cricket chirping....

No_Skill
09-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I knew it wouldn't be an FBS game announcement, but that is a tad bit of a let down.

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Hells Bells,its Gold Time!!!!!!

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
And we are joining the sec. They unveiled the jersey on Tyler roehl.

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Get a pic of it!!!!!

BadlandsBison
09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Prepare to be un-intimidated :)

chuckles
09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Kudos to NDSU marketing, we got got!

pwbnd
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205264712

No_Skill
At least this shoots to hell the argument that people won't wear yellow to the games because the team doesn't wear yellow! :evil: :frog: :evil:

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 11:25 PM

To bad only 1/3 will be standing,:( lazy farts

DjKyRo
09-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Coach Bohl's words: "Get up and be loud, and if someone tells you to sit down, you tell them to come talk to me on Monday and we'll have a discussion!"

GradBison
09-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Coach Bohl's words: "Get up and be loud, and if someone tells you to sit down, you tell them to come talk to me on Monday and we'll have a discussion!"

Awesome!!!

HandoEX
09-02-2011, 12:26 AM

Can coach write a letter on the athletic administration letterhead and distribute it to those who request it? Lol. That is awesome, hopefully the security guards got the message!!!!!!

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 12:28 AM

Nice. There is no rule against standing. If someone complaints to the dome they will tell you the person behind you complained but thats it. Sometimes they give the impression that they have to sit

NWNDBison
09-02-2011, 12:47 AM

THIS is the special announcement?

This is the MAJOR headline at gobison.com:

Special Announcement Coming at Bison Block Party on Thursday

BIG, bold faced letters.

This is the statement in the text of the article:

The Bison Block Party will feature a special announcement from NDSU head football coach Craig Bohl at approximately 6:15 p.m.

And the result is: "Get up and get loud?" I understand about the dome Nazis and all, but this is a major announcement by the head coach of one of the premiere teams in the FCS? If this gets out we will be the laughing stock of the entire division.

This is not marketing genius, it's marketing idiocy. For the first time as a Bison fan in almost 50 years, I feel like I've been had.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

I can hardly wait for the banner headline in the Fargo Forum and on inforum.com heralding this MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT.

I intend to be very careful for awhile, regarding Bison press releases.

DjKyRo
09-02-2011, 12:51 AM

BIG, bold faced letters.

The Bison Block Party will feature a special announcement from NDSU head football coach Craig Bohl at approximately 6:15 p.m.

And the result is: "Get up and get loud?" I understand about the dome Nazis and all, but this is a major announcement by the head coach of one of the premiere teams in the FCS? If this gets out we will be the laughing stock of the entire division.

This is not marketing genius, it's marketing idiocy. For the first time as a Bison fan in almost 50 years, I feel like I've been had.

I can hardly wait for the banner headline in the Fargo Forum and on inforum.com heralding this MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT.

No, the big announcement was gold jerseys for the team on Saturday.

GradBison
09-02-2011, 12:51 AM

BIG, bold faced letters.

Chill out. The team is wearing yellow jerseys for the game opener to go with the Gold Rush promotional campaign was the announcement.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Chill out. The team is wearing yellow jerseys for the game opener to go with the Gold Rush promotional campaign was the announcement.

Actually they are gold. A little darker.

ndsubison1
09-02-2011, 01:04 AM
saw a lafayette fan there

NWNDBison
09-02-2011, 01:10 AM
OK. I'll chill out. It wasn't pointed out to me that I should read the "Bison to Wear Gold Jerseys Sat." thread first. Of course. The block party was at Scheel's. And they want to sell gold jerseys. That's fine. They are a strong promoter of Bison athletics and may continue to support the Bison philanthropically in sums far greater than their meager earnings from gold football jerseys.

But I was expecting something on the order of "We're playing Nebraska in 2015."

In the small schools in NW ND that I'm familiar with, the coach doesn't have to make an announcement regarding jersey color. It's got something to do with whether you're at home or away, and the coaches just figure the fans are smart enough to figure it out.

Jay
09-02-2011, 01:23 AM
OK. I'll chill out. It wasn't pointed out to me that I should read the "Bison to Wear Gold Jerseys Sat." thread first. Of course. The block party was at Scheel's. And they want to sell gold jerseys. That's fine. They are a strong promoter of Bison athletics and may continue to support the Bison philanthropically in sums far greater than their meager earnings from gold football jerseys.

In the small schools in NW ND that I'm familiar with, the coach doesn't have to make an announcement regarding jersey color. It's got something to do with whether you're at home or away, and the coaches just figure the fans are smart enough to figure it out.

You should know that any announcement like that will be done down at HQ. With it being at Scheels, you had to know it was going to be Scheels related.

56BISON73
09-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Nail hit on head.

56BISON73
09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Gold jersey at home.

Yellow jerseys only for big games. So all will be right in the universe next week. At least this is what I was told.

56BISON73
09-02-2011, 01:31 AM

BIG, bold faced letters.

Major announcement was the yellow jerseys. Most teams make a big deal about it when they do this for big games.

BisonPride72
09-02-2011, 01:32 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Here is a photo of Thundar wearing the alternate jersey. It doesn't look half bad.

coldspot
09-02-2011, 01:37 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150359447654532&set=a.214525824531.164571.7791099531&type=1&theater

Here is a photo of Thundar wearing the alternate jersey. It doesn't look half bad.

are those green pants with yellow accents? what are the chances that's what they wear for the game?

GradBison
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM

Welcome back. :)

It's just a marketing gimmick and now holdouts against the yellow-out have no excuse.

Now let's see some Bison football!

moosbah
09-02-2011, 02:16 AM
Let's hope this less than exciting announcement is a one and done.

99Bison
09-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Once a year...

DjKyRo
09-02-2011, 04:11 AM
In hindsight I'm disappointed that the announcement wasn't Fargo Sonic.

mgbison
09-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Great idea by NDSU. Some people aren't gonna like it, but i think its awesome. I wish they would get white pants. Go into TCF wearing all white would be bad ass.

Twentysix
09-02-2011, 08:28 AM
In hindsight I'm disappointed that the announcement wasn't Fargo Sonic.

Fail troll is fail. :facepalm:

Sonic's can only be in WEST fargo.

Pards Rule
09-02-2011, 01:13 PM
saw a lafayette fan there

That would be me ;)

4mcruenomore
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
That would be me ;)

haha, really? Soaking in a few days of Fargo I see

Pards Rule
09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Indeed - it has been very good so far. Got into Hector at 11AM and went to NDSU campus where among other Prof. Mike Meister stopped and chatted with me and a guy from the Facilites Dept, Jim (who said he kept the football stats for years) too. The punter, Mike #23 (didnt get his last name but I told him I hoped we saw a lot of him Saturday), helped me navigate my first few minutes at campus and directed me to the Union where I had a desired lunch. Also bought a NDSU tshirt which I will wear back in New Jersey. Went to the Viking ship and had a good few cigars at a park along the Red. Then to the Radison but found out the team comes in today. The went to Scheels - yes - what a HOUSE! Great time - met Tanaka and 56Bisonsomeothernumber - and a few more posters (Kyle) and loved it. Wrapped up an exhausting day at Dempseys having beers with the father of a Lafayette player and met some more Bisonites. Now for day 2! See you at Sammies! So glad I came out early!

Bison55
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome to Fargo!

I am impressed, you are really taking in the whole experience, that is pretty cool! :judges:

I think you will really enjoy the game tomorrow, hopefully you have a chance to do some tailgating!

EndZoneQB
09-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Indeed - it has been very good so far. Got into Hector at 11AM and went to NDSU campus where among other Prof. Mike Meister stopped and chatted with me and a guy from the Facilites Dept, Jim (who said he kept the football stats for years) too. The punter, Mike #23 (didnt get his last name but I told him I hoped we saw a lot of him Saturday), helped me navigate my first few minutes at campus and directed me to the Union where I had a desired lunch. Also bought a NDSU tshirt which I will wear back in New Jersey. Went to the Viking ship and had a good few cigars at a park along the Red. Then to the Radison but found out the team comes in today. The went to Scheels - yes - what a HOUSE! Great time - met Tanaka and 56Bisonsomeothernumber - and a few more posters (Kyle) and loved it. Wrapped up an exhausting day at Dempseys having beers with the father of a Lafayette player and met some more Bisonites. Now for day 2! See you at Sammies! So glad I came out early!

Nice! Glad you are taking it "all" in while you are here. Enjoy your time and I look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

runtheoption
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
The punter, Mike #23 (didnt get his last name but I told him I hoped we saw a lot of him Saturday), helped me navigate my first few minutes at campus and directed me to the Union where I had a desired lunch..........Great time - met Tanaka and 56Bisonsomeothernumber - and a few more posters (Kyle) and loved it.

It was cool to see you out at Scheels (I'm Kyle). My wife asked, "Who was the Lafayette guy?" She was surprised to see you there. Don't tell your coaches, but our punter that showed you around (#23, Matt Voigtlander) could probably be the starting tailback at half the FCS programs. You might see a fake punt.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2011, 01:56 PM
nice. hope nobodies giving you a hard time! haha.

BisonBabe
09-02-2011, 02:41 PM

I am glad that your experience so far has been a good one. You met some great guys last night and will meet even more tonight.

Pards Rule
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
It was cool to see you out at Scheels (I'm Kyle). My wife asked, "Who was the Lafayette guy?" She was surprised to see you there. Don't tell your coaches, but our punter that showed you around (#23, Matt Voigtlander) could probably be the starting tailback at half the FCS programs. You might see a fake punt.

Yeah he is listed at 233! We could use some help in Easton! Matt Voigtlander laughed heartily at my joke about wanting to see a lot of him Saturday. It was great to meet you Kyle and the rest. Also had a good chat with Amy, the former womans basketball coach. I saw at lot of people were amazed a Lafayette guy came to the event. But how could I miss it!

Pards Rule
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
nice. hope nobodies giving you a hard time! haha.

No, to the contrary!!

Bison"FANatic"
09-02-2011, 03:02 PM
That is good to hear that you are liking North Dakota. Some from around the country have us as the most annoying fan base but the thing is we just have a lot of fans that live and breath Bison football and other sports. We love to talk football anywhere anytime. Even in the offseason this board is very active. See you guys tonight for some pizza.

bri-dog
09-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah he is listed at 233! We could use some help in Easton! Matt Voigtlander laughed heartily at my joke about wanting to see a lot of him Saturday. It was great to meet you Kyle and the rest. Also had a good chat with Amy, the former womans basketball coach. I saw at lot of people were amazed a Lafayette guy came to the event. But how could I miss it!

Unfortunately for Matt, he never got much playing time behind Roehl, Paschall, and McNorton.

RFr year: 30 rushes for 265 yards & 1 TD
So. year: 15 rushes for 152 yards and 1 TD, 6 receptions for 132 yards & 2 TD
Jr. year: 29 rushes for 202 yards

8.4 yards per rush for his first 3 years. Stats can be deceiving, but not bad for a punter...:)

coldspot
09-02-2011, 03:25 PM
That is good to hear that you are liking North Dakota. Some from around the country have us as the most annoying fan base but the thing is we just have a lot of fans that live and breath Bison football and other sports. We love to talk football anywhere anytime. Even in the offseason this board is very active. See you guys tonight for some pizza.

envy breeds hate

GradBison
09-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Great idea by NDSU. Some people aren't gonna like it, but i think its awesome. I wish they would get white pants. Go into TCF wearing all white would be bad ass.

But white pants make the linemen look fat.

b15on
08-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Resurrecting this thread cause a new thread is completely unnecessary. (Message still the same)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386932_10151191936784532_832694749_n.jpg

b15on
08-22-2012, 05:36 AM
And as announced at one of these last year, the Gold Rush is back.

Gold Rush Dates Set (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205648220)

JustinTyem
08-22-2012, 05:49 AM
And as announced at one of these last year, the Gold Rush is back.

Gold Rush Dates Set (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205648220)Just like I posted last season the Gold can be both Home and Away Jerseys!!!!! I love it,those yotes will be scared!!!!!http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26235-Another-quot-GOLD-RUSH-quot-in-Frisco&highlight=Gold+Rush

HerdBot
08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
Resurrecting this thread cause a new thread is completely unnecessary. (Message still the same)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/386932_10151191936784532_832694749_n.jpg

Wow serious? Is there a federal cap on new threads that we want to resurrect a year old thread and confuse people. Is Bohl making a special announcement at 6? Is pards rule going to be there?

Tatanka
08-23-2012, 03:08 AM
Wow serious? Is there a federal cap on new threads that we want to resurrect a year old thread and confuse people. Is Bohl making a special announcement at 6? Is pards rule going to be there?he just might. I'll ask him.