PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette coach predicts win in Fargodome against "those people."

Swany
08-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but Lafayette head coach Frank Tavani has predicted his team will come to Fargo and beat "those people", referring to the Bison.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/lafayette/mc-lafayette-2011-20110828,0,1539481.story

In the story, Tavani says, "I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."

tony
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
http://cf1.8tracks.us/mix_covers/000/129/913/55508.original.jpg

SDbison
08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but Lafayette head coach Frank Tavani has predicted his team will come to Fargo and beat "those people", referring to the Bison.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/lafayette/mc-lafayette-2011-20110828,0,1539481.story

In the story, Tavani says, "I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."
Is he referring to little green men?

hawkbuster
08-29-2011, 07:23 PM

What did you expect him to say, "I tottaly believe we're going to go out there and lose" come on you're better than that:facepalm2:

runtheoption
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Coach Tavani's whole quote: "They're trying to stop giggling after looking at last year's film on us," Tavani quipped of NDSU. "That's just as well. We're going out there to win; people give us very little chance, even around our own campus, and that's the way we like it. I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."

Is that bulletin board material?

SDbison
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
What did you expect him to say, "I tottaly believe we're going to go out there and lose" come on you're better than that:facepalm2:
I think we are making fun at the reference to the Bison as "those people".

MOTBison
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Coach Tavani's whole quote: "They're trying to stop giggling after looking at last year's film on us," Tavani quipped of NDSU. "That's just as well. We're going out there to win; people give us very little chance, even around our own campus, and that's the way we like it. I totally believe we're going to go out there and upset those people and start the season the right way."

It would be a stretch to make that very motivating.

BlueBisonRock
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
His comments and approach as described by his local news source are exactly what a good coach in his position needs to do. Build confidence and get the kids to take responsibility for game execution.

Most on this board are taking a similar approach with the Bison as victors. We expect a much tougher game than the won lost records would indicate and are showing our confidence in the Bison. I don't see the coaches looking past this game like Kansas did last year or like the Bison apparently did against UNI following the Kansas game.

Leopard fan
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM

A team should believe they will win the game. A team has to have that mentality.

CAS4127
08-29-2011, 08:02 PM
A team should believe they will win the game. A team has to have that mentality.

Agreed.

TAB is gay!

Hammerhead
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
I took his comment to mean "those people" are coaches and players from any school looking at last year's tapes, not just the people at NDSU.

tony
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Exactly... can't hurt to spell it out though...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6198/6093798229_e3e7fbfa63.jpg

Herd Mentality
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM

I tend to have a different mentality. :rimshot:

CHADSTAUS
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM

Chad Staus predicts a Bison victory over those people. End of discussion. Close the thread please. :)

Bison bison
08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm with Tavani.

I've had enough of the Norskies around here.

Always with the please and thank you and excuse me, watching disney movies, and washing their hands after sex.

Herd80
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Exactly... can't hurt to spell it out though...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6198/6093798229_e3e7fbfa63.jpg

Perfect. A dude playing a dude who makes reference to "those people"

carney2
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM

The exact same term that R.E. Lee used throughout the Civil War when referring to Union forces. You (Bison) people don't know Tavani, but in his own way he is going to war and that is the vision that he wants to instill in our people.

yellowstreak
08-29-2011, 11:26 PM
"We're excited to play a team like North Dakota State as part of a strong schedule in 2011 that features the best of the Ivy and Patriot Leagues," said 11th-year Lafayette head coach Frank Tavani. "We'll be competing in a tough environment in an area of the country where many of our kids never have been. North Dakota State is a scholarship program which plays in front of capacity crowds, so it's going to be a big challenge for us next season."

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081910aae.html

onbison09
08-30-2011, 12:12 AM
What's he supposed to say? We're going to get worked over (TWSS?)

onbison09
08-30-2011, 01:09 AM
The exact same term that R.E. Lee used throughout the Civil War when referring to Union forces. You (Bison) people don't know Tavani, but in his own way he is going to war and that is the vision that he wants to instill in our people.

That's awesome

BadlandsBison
08-30-2011, 01:18 AM
That's awesome

Yah well, Lee lost in the end didn't he :)

CHADSTAUS
08-30-2011, 01:31 AM

I think the coach from Lafayette and Lee have a lot in common. Or at least the will around 9pm Sat night. :hungry:

ndsubison1
08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
now this is what i like to see. a lil pregame smack. this is what college football is all about. lets go! bring it leotards! :)

Pards Rule
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Indeed he did - however, he did much better than expected the first 3 years of the year! In truth, the North thought they would mop up the "rebs" in 6 months or so!

Swany
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Of course he should have paid homage to the Bison. He should have said, "Well, honestly, I'm just glad we can play them. The State of North Dakota, and particularly NDSU, is a shining beacon and an example for the country. I really hope we can learn something there."

I'm glad he thinks his team can win. I'm also glad they'll have a long (and hopefully sore) plane ride back to Lafayette. Viva la liberty! I thought his comments were interesting. I also hear he was trashing "those people" on his Twitter account and on Facebook. :duel:

johnson
08-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Indeed he did - however, he did much better than expected the first 3 years of the year! In truth, the North thought they would mop up the "rebs" in 6 months or so!
It could've ended a lot quicker if Lincoln's first General didn't have a bad case of the jitters.

MNLonghorn10
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Hes a racist.

hawkbuster
08-30-2011, 01:22 PM
sounds like some of you ladies are getting your underwear all tied up in a knot over a meaningless comment. :blush:

mnriverbison
08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
sounds like some of you ladies are getting your underwear all tied up in a knot over a meaningless comment. :blush:

To be fair, most commenters here realize that this is a non-topic. Notice the comments saying as much or the tangent about civil war generals.

moosbah
08-30-2011, 01:57 PM
In playing off Tony's Tropic Thunder pic, I believe Lafayettes coach has gone full retard.

MNLonghorn10
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM

ha, i think 100% of us are kidding about our comments. if not, then they take things too seriously...

CHADSTAUS
08-30-2011, 04:37 PM
ha, i think 100% of us are kidding about our comments. if not, then they take things too seriously...

I'm gonna guess about 97% are kidding. :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

OrygunBison
08-30-2011, 05:13 PM

The south would have won the war if Lee had been a little smarter. Had he not advocated for changing the strategy after three years of relative success, the Confederacy would be it's own county today.

Sometimes I wish we would have just let them go. They could keep Nascar, the fiddle, dogfighting and incest and we'll keep the books, football without criminals and basic civilization. I wouldn't mind borrowing a trashy southern girl once in awhile, though...

carney2
08-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Lee's Confederates lost the war but Lee and his Army of Northern Virginia won many, if not most, of their battles. Is this a battle or the war? Hmmmm? It is one of 11 games. Hmmmm? It is not a Patriot League game. Hmmmm? It is not THE Game against the hated ChickenSquawks. Hmmmm?

Bogie
08-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Our head coach, Frank Tavani, absolutely believes that his Lafayette team can defeat NDSU. He'll have studied the film and will have the team fully prepared not only to be competitive, but to put his guys in a position to win. He'd have no business being head coach if he didn't.

Coach Tavani's teams have been competitive recently against ranked opponents such as Delaware, App State, Richmond and UMass. He appreciates fully, then, the level of competition this year's Lafayette squad will face against the Bison. He's a very down-to-earth guy and believe me, he holds no delusions. NDSU will be favored, justifiably, by double digits. But Coach Tavani still will be there to win, not simply to play the game and get it over with. I'm certain that Coach Craig Bohl expects nothing less.

Pards Rule
08-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Our head coach, Frank Tavani, absolutely believes that his Lafayette team can defeat NDSU. He'll have studied the film and will have the team fully prepared not only to be competitive, but to put his guys in a position to win. He'd have no business being head coach if he didn't.

Coach Tavani's teams have been competitive recently against ranked opponents such as Delaware, App State, Richmond and UMass. He appreciates fully, then, the level of competition this year's Lafayette squad will face against the Bison. He's a very down-to-earth guy and believe me, he holds no delusions. NDSU will be favored, justifiably, by double digits. But Coach Tavani still will be there to win, not simply to play the game and get it over with. I'm certain that Coach Craig Bohl expects nothing less.

Dont forget Liberty too. I expect a legit showing by the Pards!

Pards Rule
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Of course he should have paid homage to the Bison. He should have said, "Well, honestly, I'm just glad we can play them. The State of North Dakota, and particularly NDSU, is a shining beacon and an example for the country. I really hope we can learn something there."

I'm glad he thinks his team can win. I'm also glad they'll have a long (and hopefully sore) plane ride back to Lafayette. Viva la liberty! I thought his comments were interesting. I also hear he was trashing "those people" on his Twitter account and on Facebook. :duel:

WAIT! I can tell you this is bunk! I know Tavani as I know my brother and he would NEVER trash people in that manner. This is a falsehood rumor. Really it besmirches Coach Tavani's finely built reputation.

4mcruenomore
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
This game might be close thru the 1st quarter, maybe at halftime. But after that might as well pack it in, it will end in a blow out.

BisoninNWMN
08-31-2011, 12:03 AM
This game might be close thru the 1st quarter, maybe at halftime. But after that might as well pack it in, it will end in a blow out.

Totally agree.

Some on here are cautious and conservative about this team but if the Bison do not turn it over and establish a passing game it could be a blow-out.

CHADSTAUS
08-31-2011, 01:59 AM

I have one word that will describe how Lafayette will fee with 8:25 left in the game, Demoralized. Here is the definition. Demoralized - made less hopeful or enthusiastic;

I think that about sums it up.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM

I have no doubt that you guys are capable of beating us. Nice to have a competitive team coming to Fargo. The problem is...a lot of people here just haven't heard much about your program...or where it's from. That could change after Saturday. Of course...I'd imagine that a lot of people from your part of the world would have trouble finding North Dakota on the map...:cool:

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:20 AM
Totally agree.

Some on here are cautious and conservative about this team but if the Bison do not turn it over and establish a passing game it could be a blow-out.

I agree that if we don't turn it over and establish a passing game that the game could be a blow out. I don't, however, think that either of those things (especially the passing game) are a forgone conclusion.

Hell, if we establish a passing game and win every turnover battle this year I have no doubt that we'll compete for a national championship. But that is about the biggest IF of the year so my statement isn't saying much.

Pards Rule
08-31-2011, 09:34 AM
I have no doubt that you guys are capable of beating us. Nice to have a competitive team coming to Fargo. The problem is...a lot of people here just haven't heard much about your program...or where it's from. That could change after Saturday. Of course...I'd imagine that a lot of people from your part of the world would have trouble finding North Dakota on the map...:cool:

Not only that but I know who your governor is and the two ND US Senators. And the US representative. This is an epic game for the Pards and Im flying halfway across the country to participate.