PDA

View Full Version : Kolpack and Izzo

HerdBot
08-23-2011, 07:36 PM
We need to give props to Kolpack and Izzo for some great Bison coverage. We've all been tough on them but I think they have done a phenomenal job covering the team thus far. For the first time in a while I am extremely happy. Keep it up. Were getting the coverage we deserve.

In fact, they are doing a better job than our so called partners. Keep up the good work.

SDbison
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
We need to give props to Kolpack and Izzo for some great Bison coverage. We've all been tough on them but I think they have done a phenomenal job covering the team thus far. For the first time in a while I am extremely happy. Keep it up. Were getting the coverage we deserve.

In fact, they are doing a better job than our so called partners. Keep up the good work.
Yep, I agree. I have been tough on Kolpack, and even told him what I thought about the coverage to his face while attending a party at his house last year. He didn't like my comments about him on Bisonville either. Since then there seems to be a much improved effort. Thanks for listening Jeff. I appreciate all you are doing to cover Bison athletics. Keep it up!

Notorious
08-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I've always liked and respected Kolpack...good guy and has always been good for NDSU athletics.

North Side
08-23-2011, 08:35 PM
never had any complaints, they are doing a fine job

tony
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I've read people complain about McFeely (mostly for hist tendency to sneer at folks and be way too condescending), but can't remember any complaints about Kolpack or Izzo. I'm sure there have been complaints, but I think they've been doing a good job.

HerdBot
08-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I've always liked and respected Kolpack...good guy and has always been good for NDSU athletics.

Me too but they've stepped it up a notch this year. I hope they can keep the same level of coverage throughout the year. I would like to see stories on the teams they are playing and the kick ass game day section they used to have. That was kick ass. I saved the color ones

HerdBot
08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Yep, I agree. I have been tough on Kolpack, and even told him what I thought about the coverage to his face while attending a party at his house last year. He didn't like my comments about him on Bisonville either. Since then there seems to be a much improved effort. Thanks for listening Jeff. I appreciate all you are doing to cover Bison athletics. Keep it up!

Your not trying to take credit for the coverage, right? :) we've all been vocal

SamsRams
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM

I cant agree more with the joy I am getting reading the almost daily updates!

SDbison
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Your not trying to take credit for the coverage, right? :) we've all been vocal
Yes I am.........how many of you talked to him in person at a party at his house during homecoming last year? Put it this way, it only took him about 5 minutes to figure out I was SDbison (and I wasn't wearing the hard hat). We had some serious words back and forth. I thought he took things too personal when all I wanted to see was more coverage for a Bison team that gets a lot of attention in the Fargo area. I think his depth of coverage improved shortly after our discussion. :p

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes I am.........how many of you talked to him in person at a party at his house during homecoming last year? Put it this way, it only took him about 5 minutes to figure out I was SDbison (and I wasn't wearing the hard hat). We had some serious words back and forth. I thought he took things too personal when all I wanted to see was more coverage for a Bison team that gets a lot of attention in the Fargo area. I think his depth of coverage improved shortly after our discussion. :p

All 443 active BV'ers did. You just werent at that party.

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Well, Kolpack hasn't derailed any threads with harmless fun and/or humor, so by God, I have to agree regarding Jeff's stellar behavior and professionalism. It's about time that somebody gave him the talking to that he deserved!!
Hats off to you, Jeff. How fortuitous that were just happened to attend a certain party and had an encounter with a certain B-Viller so that you could be put on the path to journalistic excellence.

Oh, and screw the purple text. Sometimes sarcasm needs to be reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllll subtle.

steelbison
08-24-2011, 12:06 AM

Couldn't agree more!

NDSUstudent
08-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Kolpack is a consummate professional, he has always done a great job in covering the herd.

CHADSTAUS
08-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Really like the daily coverage on whats going on. For me the season never ends, theres just a long break from Nov till Sept.:) :) :)

bri-dog
08-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Really like the daily coverage on whats going on. For me the season never ends, theres just a long break from Jan till Sept.:) :) :)

FIFY (hopefully this coming year)...:)

ISXBISON
08-24-2011, 02:10 AM
They like this thread

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/08/23/american-idols-for-20-minutes-anyway/

onbison09
08-24-2011, 02:14 AM
The camp coverage has been awesome this year. It's great every year but this year has been badass.

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2011, 02:47 AM
They like this thread

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/08/23/american-idols-for-20-minutes-anyway/

That cracked me up. At first, I was even more excited that they had found the Live From the Battlewagon thread, but my hopes were dashed.

That thread still makes me laugh. If you have never seen it, venture over to the Hall of Fame......

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22195

ndsubison1
08-24-2011, 03:35 AM
kolpack and izzo have done a phenomenal job!

SDbison
08-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Actually I was just kidding about me making a difference in how the Bison are covered. Jeff is a cool guy. He could of told me to get off his property, but I think he was just a much better person than me. Again, thanks for all the coverage Kolpack.......Izzo too!

HerdBot
08-24-2011, 03:52 AM
They like this thread

That's awesome! I hope I don't jinx the coverage now!!!!!! Just watch, we'll start getting one per week! :)

56BISON73
08-24-2011, 04:19 AM
That cracked me up. At first, I was even more excited that they had found the Live From the Battlewagon thread, but my hopes were dashed.

That thread still makes me laugh. If you have never seen it, venture over to the Hall of Fame......

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22195

Boy did that bring back memories!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-24-2011, 05:08 PM

But......were you drinking a Jaeger Bomb? ;)

Mr. Burgundy
08-27-2011, 03:09 PM
I tuned in this morning for their regular 9AM radio show (Izzo and Kolpack) on WDAY....and it was "On the Road Radio." A motorcycle show. The host was late because he was pulled over by police on the way to the show, but he did say it was the last show of the season, so I wonder if a ton of Bisonvillers could post that they want the show back, maybe WDAY would reconsider and give those guys that hour or two back on the radio. That really set up my Saturdays nicely. They did regular coach interviews....etc.

They have done a ton for the Bison with their great coverage.....so post something hear if you want that show back. Maybe a little Bisonville rally. Not sure how they "fund" a show like that, but I can tell you I would rather advertise during a Saturday morning football show than a motorcycle show.

In honor of Lakes...."Lets do this."

One week. We need some more radio coverage, because we know the Fan isn't going to do it. Other than Rob, they have nobody at that entire studio that wants to cover NDSU.

Mr. Burgundy
08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
The show was on for 8 years. Started with McFeely and Kolpack.

BadlandsBison
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Great way to start a Saturday in the Fall. Bring Back the Show! (and lakes:) )

SDbison
08-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I tuned in this morning for their regular 9AM radio show (Izzo and Kolpack) on WDAY....and it was "On the Road Radio." A motorcycle show. The host was late because he was pulled over by police on the way to the show, but he did say it was the last show of the season, so I wonder if a ton of Bisonvillers could post that they want the show back, maybe WDAY would reconsider and give those guys that hour or two back on the radio. That really set up my Saturdays nicely. They did regular coach interviews....etc.

They have done a ton for the Bison with their great coverage.....so post something hear if you want that show back. Maybe a little Bisonville rally. Not sure how they "fund" a show like that, but I can tell you I would rather advertise during a Saturday morning football show than a motorcycle show.

In honor of Lakes...."Lets do this."

One week. We need some more radio coverage, because we know the Fan isn't going to do it. Other than Rob, they have nobody at that entire studio that wants to cover NDSU.
Can somebody post some links to write WDAY, or specifically who is in charge of this show? Thanks

ndsubison1
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
bring the show back

HandoEX
08-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Boy did that bring back memories!!!!!

Speak for yourself, I don't think many of the Battlewagoneers remember much!

:rimshot:

Kolpack and Izzo have been great this year. There are so many diehard Bison fans that live and breath with the Herd. It's great to have excellent coverage to keep the excitement quenched a little.

Mr. Burgundy
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM
The show was always at 9AM, which was perfect to either get your morning started...or to hear during tailgating.

56BISON73
08-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Speak for yourself, I don't think many of the Battlewagoneers remember much!

:rimshot:

Kolpack and Izzo have been great this year. There are so many diehard Bison fans that live and breath with the Herd. It's great to have excellent coverage to keep the excitement quenched a little.

If thats the case I wont ask you about Iowa State.:)