PDA

View Full Version : WR Leaves Team

17>1
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
According to Dom Izzo on Twitter, Reed Duchsher has left the team. Not sure how to make a link so if someone else could post it that would be great.

rutlandbison
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Bison Dan
08-22-2011, 07:10 PM
He was the one big disappointment at the spring game. A couple of dropped balls and it just seemed that his head wasn't in the game. I wish him luck in the future.

mnriverbison
08-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Damn. I have no doubt we can win 5 games this year on running and defense alone, but we need some sort of passing game to win the games that matter. I know he wasn't a world-beater, but do we have a lot of ground to give in the passing game?

MinotBison
08-22-2011, 07:36 PM
According to Dom Izzo on Twitter, Reed Duchsher has left the team. Not sure how to make a link so if someone else could post it that would be great.

Is he staying in school or enrolling somewhere else? Minot State could probably use him. Then again, they could use just about anyone. They have an absolutely brutal schedule ahead.

tony
08-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Is he staying in school or enrolling somewhere else? Minot State could probably use him. Then again, they could use just about anyone. They have an absolutely brutal schedule ahead.

I bet he's staying at NDSU and graduating.

westnodak93bison
08-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I had a brief discussion with someone in his "circle" before the EWU game and this person said they were disappointed he didnt get more playing time. I didn't say much but we have to respect the coaches decisions. I'm sure it sucks getting passed on the depth chart.

HerdBot
08-22-2011, 08:27 PM

Too bad. Nice guy but if it's no longer fun, he made the right decision. Hope he sticks around and graduates. On the positive side, were loaded with 5 guys with Holloway, Vraa, Smith, Gebheart, and Wahlo.

HandoEX
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
By season's end there won't be a single kid left from that class at this rate. Worst clas in a long, looooong time!

KSBisonFan
08-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I wish him the best of luck and hope he doesn't hold this against the program and the school. Would be nice if he stays and finishes his degree.

DjKyRo
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
By season's end there won't be a single kid left from that class at this rate. Worst clas in a long, looooong time!

For what it's worth, at least we got yours truly in the class of '08, right?!

....right?

sambini
08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Saw him at the scrimmage in uniform.

Rison
08-22-2011, 10:25 PM
What is happening to Mike Sigers? I heard that me might be ineligble but am not positive/

Twentysix
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
What is happening to Mike Sigers? I heard that me might be ineligble but am not positive/

He is ineligible for atleast 2 semesters from what I understand.

JustinTyem
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM

where have u been,he has been gone since before the spring game,lol

Tatanka
08-22-2011, 10:30 PM
where have u been,he has been gone since before the spring game,lol

Easy there sparky... Dude has 4 posts, total. No need to overdo it.

SamsRams
08-22-2011, 11:07 PM

Valid point, but I dont consider a walkon a very big part of a recruiting class

HandoEX
08-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Valid point, but I dont consider a walkon a very big part of a recruiting class

Normally I'd agree but there are barely any scholly kids lefy from that class. Evans? Anyone else?

onbison09
08-23-2011, 01:41 AM
It sounds Reed made the right decision. It also sounds like Vigen isn't to blame for everything.

onbison09
08-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Reed will also stay at NDSU

SamsRams
08-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Easy there sparky... Dude has 4 posts, total. No need to overdo it.

not to overdue it also, but there these search engine things on this thing called the internets. http://tinyurl.com/3tkqk3o
give it a try next time, or just ask any question in any topic about anything. really its your call

Tatanka
08-23-2011, 02:13 AM
not to overdue it also, but there these search engine things on this thing called the internets. http://tinyurl.com/3tkqk3o
give it a try next time, or just ask any question in any topic about anything. really its your call

:D I've heard of this intarweb fad, but don't know if I should use it or not. Can you tell me more?

Just thought he came off as being a bit harsh on a noob. That's all. :)

Mr. Burgundy
08-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Wasn't he on scholarship now? i thought I remembert last year that he was put on scholarship?

Best of luck to him in the future. I think we have a couple walk on WR's right now that are going to redshirt that will make a difference someday. They are big and athletic.

JSUBison
08-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Favorite Rugby Reed play was the Montana State game when he blocked his guy into next week, clearing the way for DJ.

BisonNeil
08-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Too bad. Nice guy but if it's no longer fun, he made the right decision. Hope he sticks around and graduates. On the positive side, were loaded with 5 guys with Holloway, Vraa, Smith, Gebheart, and Wahlo.

Until we see any of those listed after Holloway produce on the field in a game, I think it is premature to say we are "loaded". Practice doesn't do it for me. Game time production does. Until that happens, none of us have a clue whether or not we have a passing game.

A pet peeve of mine, is that if we are fans we should spell players names correctly. It's Gebhart.

BisonNeil
08-23-2011, 03:17 AM

I know you are being sarcastic, and you make a good point, but my guess is Lund isn't going anywhere, but he will likely be the last man standing in that class.

But, it was the worst of some fairly bad recruiting during Bohl's regime and why I believe Vigen was removed as recruiting coordinator and Polasek put in his place. You need energy to meet the players, Vigen has very little of that.

56BISON73
08-23-2011, 03:34 AM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

"Reed Duchscher told head coach Craig Bohl that he no longer wants to play. “He said he lost his love for the game,” Bohl said. “He just hung it up.” "

I feel for the kid. I am sure it was hard for him to hang it up. I wish him well.

JustinTyem
08-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Wasnt Reed all jacked up after he was listed #2 after spring ball???

sambini
08-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Good luck Reed...

onbison09
08-23-2011, 12:15 PM
"Reed Duchscher told head coach Craig Bohl that he no longer wants to play. “He said he lost his love for the game,” Bohl said. “He just hung it up.” "

I feel for the kid. I am sure it was hard for him to hang it up. I wish him well.

Yeah it was. It was all he talked about in high school. All I'm going to say is I heard some stuff that really Burned me up.

Bison bison
08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
All I'm going to say is that Pierce County is for goat ropers.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Until we see any of those listed after Holloway produce on the field in a game, I think it is premature to say we are "loaded". Practice doesn't do it for me. Game time production does. Until that happens, none of us have a clue whether or not we have a passing game

That comment was right up there with someone last year saying we are deep at QB.... Was that Gabe too?

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
That comment was right up there with someone last year saying we are deep at QB.... Was that Gabe too?

We had 4 QB's.

We were super deep, It just wasnt very talented depth :(.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Saw Reed play in High School and watched him some last spring.

Reed is a possession receiver period. Our offense needs speed and quicks on the edge. Too many teams were able to play man with their corners on our WR's. This freed up their SS to be more involved in Run Defense.

I think he was pressing really hard last spring and it contributed to his unfortunate spring game performance.

I wish Reed the very best in the future

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
We had 4 QB's.

We were super deep, It just wasnt very talented depth :(.

To me deep implies talent not numbers but perhaps others just look at numbers? I would even say we are deep at QB this year despite a likely talent upgrade. You have to prove it on the field.

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
To me deep implies talent not numbers but perhaps others just look at numbers? I would even say we are deep at QB this year despite a likely talent upgrade. You have to prove it on the field.

I agree 100%. Just saying bodies are there and that is probably what said poster is looking at. not that it means much.

Bison06
08-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah it was. It was all he talked about in high school. All I'm going to say is I heard some stuff that really Burned me up.

About how he was treated by coaches/players or what?

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Its too bad he left, but i personally didnt like the guy. Had a problem with him and a girl. :ranting:

My one and only trip to rugby preferably in my life.

DjKyRo
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM

But have you seen our QBs' 40 times? ;)

Herd
08-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Speaking of WRs, what in the world is going on with Okland's status on the team? I thought he would be cleared when school started! Is there a problem with his acedemic standing, or whats the deal?

tony
08-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Speaking of WRs, what in the world is going on with Okland's status on the team? I thought he would be cleared when school started! Is there a problem with his acedemic standing, or whats the deal?

Thought I read it was an NCAA Clearing House issues. Since it hasn't been resolved one way or another, I'm guessing it is on of those things that requires getting his high school to send in his transcripts to the NCAA and then getting the NCAA to approve said transcripts.

coldspot
08-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Thought I read it was an NCAA Clearing House issues. Since it hasn't been resolved one way or another, I'm guessing it is on of those things that requires getting his high school to send in his transcripts to the NCAA and then getting the NCAA to approve said transcripts.

wouldn't surprise me. FPS sucks at anything transcript related.

onbison09
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
About how he was treated by coaches/players or what?

Re-read my post carefully :innocent:

KilldeerBison
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Sounds like another walk-on is starting to get some attention, Nate Moody from Dickinson.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/331817/

Capn_Cat
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. Some cracks in the foundation of the ICON of FCS football????

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgbj8uInMX1qf8yek.gif

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

KilldeerBison
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM

Really? What's happened at UNI now?

Tatanka
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_left4tCTPB1qf8yek.gif

Scooter1
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Was that the UND hockey coach?

Notorious
08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Sounds like another walk-on is starting to get some attention, Nate Moody from Dickinson.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/331817/

Good for him. Very good athlete. I thought he would've been better suited for DII, or someplace like Dickinson State; however, he is proving he belongs. He has huge upside...I just thought he might get lost in the shuffle coming in as a walk-on. Wrong again!

westnodak93bison
08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Good for him. Very good athlete. I thought he would've been better suited for DII, or someplace like Dickinson State; however, he is proving he belongs. He has huge upside...I just thought he might get lost in the shuffle coming in as a walk-on. Wrong again!

Yep, you never know who is gonna reach or exceed their perceived potential.
Who would have expected Travis Beck to be this high on the depth chart at this time in his career.

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 05:46 PM

then get your fat ass off of the Fargodome floor!:biggrin:

In addition, the correct term is icons
We play team ball up here.

EndZoneQB
08-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Who would have expected Travis Beck to be this high on the depth chart at this time in his career.

Definitely not me! I figured, if nothing else, he was wayyyy too light so it would take a couple of years to get him bulked up sufficiently enough to hold down his position.

Capn_Cat
08-29-2011, 02:20 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SDbison
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
So do we expect to have a visit from Capn Cat again for this year's game with the purple kittys?

NorthernBison
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM

This kid is a superb athlete. Quite a few family members and cousins who performed at very high levels.

I hope he stays healthy. He's not big for the position he plays and we all know how fast things get derailed when kids get hurt.

I was pretty sure he would move up but I didn't want to go all Lakes or 4M because you never know how things will turn out.

westnodak93bison
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
This kid is a superb athlete. Quite a few family members and cousins who performed at very high levels.

I hope he stays healthy. He's not big for the position he plays and we all know how fast things get derailed when kids get hurt.

I was pretty sure he would move up but I didn't want to go all Lakes or 4M because you never know how things will turn out.

All he needs is 10-15lbs. Should not be a problem imho.

Capn_Cat
08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
So do we expect to have a visit from Capn Cat again for this year's game with the purple kittys?

Yes.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

bisonmike2
08-30-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm a bit troubled that you 2 have .gifs of the Beek so readily availible.

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm a bit troubled that you 2 have .gifs of the Beek so readily availible.

The internet is like cedar falls. As long as you know which alley to look in and how to ask the uni football player...you can get anything.