PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Star in 2011

rutlandbison
08-22-2011, 05:35 AM
I know we have done a thread like this before, so who do you all think will be that player that comes out of no where to contribute? I guess star might not be the best way to put it, but whatever.

My pick is Ryan Smith.

ndsubison1
08-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Although he's already a decent player, I say Leevon Perry

DjKyRo
08-22-2011, 05:54 AM
While it isn't exactly "out of nowhere," I say Zach Vraa.

JustinTyem
08-22-2011, 06:43 AM
While it isn't exactly "out of nowhere," I say Zach Vraa.

Is zach trying to be the next white pretty boy with long blonde locks??? He looks just like Clay,well just a lil bit.

DjKyRo
08-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Is zach trying to be the next white pretty boy with long blonde locks??? He looks just like Clay,well just a lil bit.

You think he looks like Clay Matthews? You obviously haven't seen Grant Olson recently:

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/200/YT/YTJOPDHXEGFBCWB.20110819143032.jpg

Twentysix
08-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I wish it would be a QB.

But I will go with Smith as well.

BisoninNWMN
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Chad Willson LB will light-up the MV this year!!

WYOBISONMAN
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
My hope......Brock Jensen. Folks....I am ready for the second coming of WALKER!

Bison06
08-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I know we have done a thread like this before, so who do you all think will be that player that comes out of no where to contribute? I guess star might not be the best way to put it, but whatever.

My pick is Ryan Smith.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I am biased, because I love to see Wahpeton guys do well, but I think Ryan is ready to be a star for the Bison too!

The Bison have been missing a player like this for a long time, it will give D-Coordinators fits because they won't be certain where he will line up and personell calls will be uncertain. I love having a player like this on offense!

GradBison
08-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Might have to wait for the next #11 on the roster for that.

My pick is Zach Vraa.

Notorious
08-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Sam O...he's going to surprise some people.

bisonmike2
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM

I was going to say Ojuri as well. That and Ryan Smith.

rutlandbison
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Whole lotta potential on this roster.

bisonfan08
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Offense Breakout Player: Sam Ojuri - I think he brings the player he showed flashes of being as a freshman. After all DJ can't run the ball EVERY play

Defensive Breakout Player: Leevon Perry - He also showed flashes of brilliance last season, but needs to be more consistent as an every down player. I think he brings it.

Also an honorable mention for whoever can lock down the #2 CB spot this season, with M Will at the other side, whoever is playing across from him is gonna get picked on a lot and gonna need to show up, if they do, they could have a big year.

HerdBot
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
So many. Some are already good while others have potential to be great. I would have to say Emmanuel, Jirik, Juckem, Ojuri, Vraa, Smith, Heagle, Williams, Perry, Turner... long list

Siouxfallsbison
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
So many. Some are already good while others have potential to be great. I would have to say Emmanuel, Jirik, Juckem, Ojuri, Vraa, Smith, Heagle, Williams, Perry, Turner... long list

Its obvious who I am going to pick. We are going to have a bunch of weapons at Receiver!:hide:

Da_Bison
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
my "breakout" stars
offense: Sam Ojuri
defense: Kyle Emanuel/ Grant Olson

Notorious
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM

and Vigen....seriously.

HandoEX
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Matt Veldman!!!!!!!

HerdBot
08-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Matt Veldman!!!!!!!
Great leader, cool guy, with freakish size. He's going to be a weapon in the red zone. How can a linebacker cover him? Should be a primary red zone target snagging jump balls. Dont want to see him injured so needs to split time. Then you got Taylor Nelson who is built more like a blocker and should see a majority of the touches. He has good hands too.

HerdBot
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Its funny you say that because most of us forget that Brock was a freshman last year. Most improvement comes from year 1 to year 2. He looks outstanding so far and all indicators show he's progressing. May have some weapons this year too. Vraa, Holloway, and Smith have skills and we now have 2 good running backs and an expanding Playbook. It was obvious last year that we were keeping it simple.

SDbison
08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
All of the above and then some. Looking for a breakout wide receiver or two.

Burke42
08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Zach Vraa.

CHADSTAUS
08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
The QB and one of the WR's will share the title this year.

CaBisonFan
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Sam Ojuri

NFL caliber physique. If he keeps his head on straight...the sky is the limit.

westnodak93bison
08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Kyle Emanuel. Mark it down.

OrygunBison
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Sam Ojuri

NFL caliber physique. If he keeps his head on straight...the sky is the limit.

Yep. Exactly.

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Juckem......

td577
08-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Smith can flat out play football and will explode this year on the field.

WRSDBison
08-23-2011, 04:37 AM
For the sake of the team I hope that its Brock Jensen.

344Johnson
08-23-2011, 06:06 AM

I hope and pray for walker everyday. But I think all of us can admit, Jensen isn't Walker. Walker is one of those QB's Bison fans can tell their children about. For every Walker you probably get your Mertens.

Jensen plays a physical brand of football which makes him one of my top 5 favorite Bison Qb's of all time so far. He doesn't shy away of contact, works hard, and from his interviews at least, seems to understand Bison football and his role in it. If only he was a bit more accurate......

Either way, I think it is just unrealistic if we expect a Walker-quality QB year in and out. Does Oklahoma St. expect every RB to be as good as Barry Sanders? I hope not. I'm a huge Steeler fan, do I expect every QB to be as good as Ben or Bradshaw? Hell no.

ThunderDan
08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
All the hype in the media has been about Vraa. Tonight, there was a report on WDAY about him as being a "deep threat' this year at WR. When I saw the video, he looks like he has the size of a tight end. Does he actually have speed? I have to admit, he looks alot bigger than the size he is listed at on gobison, which is 6'2" and 203 lbs. his hands look like glue from the clips i've seen, but not sure about the "deep threat" Can anyone verify this?

Tatanka
08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
All the hype in the media has been about Vraa. Tonight, there was a report on WDAY about him as being a "deep threat' this year at WR. When I saw the video, he looks like he has the size of a tight end. Does he actually have speed? I have to admit, he looks alot bigger than the size he is listed at on gobison, which is 6'2" and 203 lbs. his hands look like glue from the clips i've seen, but not sure about the "deep threat" Can anyone verify this?

from what little I've seen vraa will be a good if not great possession receiver. Deep threat? Debatable. TG has the speed to be the deep threat. Not that vraa is slow but I see more Cris carter than Randy moss (for all you fans of teh purple out there).

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I hope and pray for walker everyday. But I think all of us can admit, Jensen isn't Walker. Walker is one of those QB's Bison fans can tell their children about. For every Walker you probably get your Mertens.

Jensen plays a physical brand of football which makes him one of my top 5 favorite Bison Qb's of all time so far. He doesn't shy away of contact, works hard, and from his interviews at least, seems to understand Bison football and his role in it. If only he was a bit more accurate......

Either way, I think it is just unrealistic if we expect a Walker-quality QB year in and out. Does Oklahoma St. expect every RB to be as good as Barry Sanders? I hope not. I'm a huge Steeler fan, do I expect every QB to be as good as Ben or Bradshaw? Hell no.

Walker was not THAT good. He was the opposite of mobile. He was just fairly accurate and had an NFL caliber receiver and a few others that were pretty good. To want a walker caliber qb+slight mobility should not be unreasonable. Pro qbs come out of the fcs. Walker is not the end all be all.

Jerimiah Wurzbacher, TE, North Dakota State Chargers signee he didn't stick, but obviously he was good cause he got a look.

Kole Heckendorf - Hasn't stuck, but obviously very talented.
Green Bay Packers (2009)*
Detroit Lions (2009)*
Seattle Seahawks (2010)*
San Diego Chargers (2010)*
Indianapolis Colts (2010–present)

I didnt watch travis white but ive heard he was good.

And I am leaving people out.

Notorious
08-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Walker was not THAT good. He was the opposite of mobile. He was just fairly accurate and had an NFL caliber receiver and a few others that were pretty good. To want a walker caliber qb+slight mobility should not be unreasonable. Pro qbs come out of the fcs. Walker is not the end all be all.

Jerimiah Wurzbacher, TE, North Dakota State Chargers signee he didn't stick, but obviously he was good cause he got a look.

Detroit Lions (2009)*
Seattle Seahawks (2010)*

Agreed. Walker was a great leader, and had skills, but Jensen, undoubtedly, has more physical skills than Walker. With maturity, and talent around him, I think Jensen will do very well.

DjKyRo
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM

I think he could straight-up murder someone in a one-on-one battle, so if Jensen finds him in single coverage streaking downfield I don't see why he couldn't do the old "lob it up and see if he comes down with it" routine. That's how he got his touchdown at the fall scrimmage and the fact that it was based on Jensen reading the coverage and audibling at the line is pretty promising.

Personally, I think Holloway has shown he can be the deep-threat guy. His 180 yards against WIU last year was insane and that was a darn good defense they fielded last season.

bisonfan08
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
The difference right now between Walker and Jensen is one word...Confidence. Walker had a swagger from the day he came into the game late as a freshman and took over. He trusted his arm and he trusted his guys and he let it fly. Jensen looks like he's overthinking too much and is hesitating and not trusting his reads. Hopefully with a full season in the offense he'll do less thinking and more playing and if he can have a good game or two early to build his confidence he'll be a very solid QB for us.

CAS4127
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Agreed. Walker was a great leader, and had skills, but Jensen, undoubtedly, has more physical skills than Walker. With maturity, and talent around him, I think Jensen will do very well.

Walker also had great "game sense" and field intelligence, as did many of his receivers. Oftentimes the big plays came via ad-libs. Haven't seen that yet with Jensen or his WR's. A great chance would have been during the Spring game. Leftside WR does a deep post pattern, thus running off corner and safety. Slot from right side (not sure who it was) runs a crosser to that side (right to left) with Jensen rolling that way. There was good coverage, so the slot ended up basically running out of bounds or stopping at sideline, and Jensen ran for about 2 yards before getting tackled by LB. With absolutely no deep defender on that side of field, how's about the slot TURNING UP FIELD AT SIDELINE in an out-and-up sort of way, with Jensen sending the ball over his right shoulder. Nope, nothing like that. It was almost like that was how they were "taught" by Vigen to run the play, and if the crosser isn't open, don't bother with anything else. In short, the jury is still out, and deliberating, on our passing game. Time will tell.

bajadanny
08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
esley thorton is the one that is going to shine for SU. once he gets his chance that will be the end of Jensen starting

EndZoneQB
08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Walker also had great "game sense" and field intelligence, as did many of his receivers. Oftentimes the big plays came via ad-libs. Haven't seen that yet with Jensen or his WR's. A great chance would have been during the Spring game. Leftside WR does a deep post pattern, thus running off corner and safety. Slot from right side (not sure who it was) runs a crosser to that side (right to left) with Jensen rolling that way. There was good coverage, so the slot ended up basically running out of bounds or stopping at sideline, and Jensen ran for about 2 yards before getting tackled by LB. With absolutely no deep defender on that side of field, how's about the slot TURNING UP FIELD AT SIDELINE in an out-and-up sort of way, with Jensen sending the ball over his right shoulder. Nope, nothing like that. It was almost like that was how they were "taught" by Vigen to run the play, and if the crosser isn't open, don't bother with anything else. In short, the jury is still out, and deliberating, on our passing game. Time will tell.

Isn't that sort of stuff pretty fundamental? I feel like I've known that for quite a long time and get frustrated when players don't do it in video games either lol

CAS4127
08-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Isn't that sort of stuff pretty fundamental? I feel like I've known that for quite a long time and get frustrated when players don't do it in video games either lol

EUREKA!!!!!! As are a number of things we don't do offensively----:facepalm2: :confused:

BisonNeil
08-24-2011, 02:32 AM

Detroit Lions (2009)*
Seattle Seahawks (2010)*

Just fairly accurate? What the hell is your definition of fairly accurate?

In three full years as a starter Walker completed 56%, 64% and 67% of his passes. At what completion rate would you consider Walker "accurate"?

99Bison
08-24-2011, 02:48 AM

In three full years as a starter Walker completed 56%, 64% and 67% of his passes. At what completion rate would you consider Walker "accurate"?

No sheep, beyond the stats of accuracy, the variety of passes and timing to be accurate on was unbelievable. I don't know "slight mobility" means either apparently, but moving around in the pocket while still looking down field and rolling out apparently isn't it.

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 02:49 AM
esley thorton is the one that is going to shine for SU. once he gets his chance that will be the end of Jensen starting

Quit trying to be me, there is only ONE 4mcrue.

westnodak93bison
08-24-2011, 02:53 AM

Good grief. Somebody dissing #11? Dude was ICE in crunch time.

Da_Bison
08-24-2011, 02:58 AM

++++1,

perfect 2000th post westnodak

bisonpride4ever
08-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Even though he had a awesome year least year, my pick is Cole Jirik. He's probably my favorite player on the defense. Sure he didn't start last year but when he got into the game, he made the other team know that there wasn't going to be a drop off and that he was going to hammer some people.

344Johnson
08-24-2011, 03:37 AM

:hide: His last college pass was an INT.

But yeah, dude was money, probably the best gamer NDSU has had at qb in a long time. He could play average for 3 quarters, look up at the scoreboard in the 4th and make things happen.

DjKyRo
08-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Even though he had a awesome year least year, my pick is Cole Jirik. He's probably my favorite player on the defense. Sure he didn't start last year but when he got into the game, he made the other team know that there wasn't going to be a drop off and that he was going to hammer some people.

Truth. Racking up seven sacks as a backup is a big point in his favor. I look forward to he and Emmanuel taking the field in '12.

herdmember
08-24-2011, 03:42 AM
Not only was Walker clutch, but the other best part about him is he'd roll out and have a guy in the flat, a guy 10 yards down field and sometimes a guy deep...if the guy in the flat was open he'd hit him in stride every time. Take what the D gives you and keep moving the chains. He 'got' it.

Back to what this thread is about:

Offense: Jensen
Defense: Olson

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM

The recieving corp helped him out time and again.

Its easy to think that those numbers rely solely on the QB.

Not to mention the schedules we played then would make all of the QB's look really good.

Weak competition is decieving, Walker was good, but its tough to compare. Look at Mertens against the NEC and OVC teams.

How would walker respond against UNI last year? Being beaten to hell by a colapsing line???

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
No sheep, beyond the stats of accuracy, the variety of passes and timing to be accurate on was unbelievable. I don't know "slight mobility" means either apparently, but moving around in the pocket while still looking down field and rolling out apparently isn't it.

Slightly mobile means 117 rushing yards in 4 years of being a starter. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/153590/steve-walker

Are you guys serious? If walker was brett favre he would be in the NFL.

He wasnt a bad QB but NDSU will have better QB's hopefully many of them.

Jensen had 231 yds rushing this year alone, and he only was a starter in 7 games played 9. I'm not a jensen advocate either, I'm just using it as a comparison.

Do you watch the games?

In 2008 Nick mertens had a 58.5% completion rate and in 09 a 54% completion rate, he wasnt even close to a good qb. Nice one though. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/175017/nick-mertens

You should probably read the post it was in response to and drink up some tasty context.

Bison Dan
08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Slightly mobile means 117 rushing yards in 4 years of being a starter. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/153590/steve-walker

Are you guys serious? If walker was brett favre he would be in the NFL.

He wasnt a bad QB but NDSU will have better QB's hopefully many of them.

Jensen had 231 yds rushing this year alone, and he only was a starter in 7 games played 9.

Do you watch the games?

In 2008 Nick mertens had a 58.5% completion rate and in 09 a 54% completion rate, he wasnt even close to a good qb. Nice one though. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/175017/nick-mertens

You should probably read the post it was in response to and drink up some tasty context.

Apples and Oranges - Walker was a drop back passer in a Pro style offense. He had NO running plays for himself and the yards he gained were from tucking the ball and running when a receiver wasn't open. He was a gamer and I doubt we'll see too many qb's much better. With 2 minutes to go and needing 6 points to win - he was the man!

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Apples and Oranges - Walker was a drop back passer in a Pro style offense. He had NO running plays for himself and the yards he gained were from tucking the ball and running when a receiver wasn't open. He was a gamer and I doubt we'll see too many qb's much better. With 2 minutes to go and needing 6 points to win - he was the man!

Thats too bad, I expect NDSU to have a QB that catches on in the NFL in the next 20 years.

IzzyFlexion
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM

I wish you guys could have seen him play HS ball. He did the same thing...................several times. Some athletes just have it (the ability to recognize and execute what it takes to get the W)
The first time or two witnessing this, fans were stunned at some of these occurrances. Later, however, there always seemed to be an unusual sense of calm when the Porters were down midway through the 4th.
Remember, Steve was the Chicago Tribune High School Player of the Year! And, he was at a high school that at that time had just short of 4,000 students in 9-12.

Bison Dan
08-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Thats too bad, I expect NDSU to have a QB that catches on in the NFL in the next 20 years.

If Walker was 3" taller and had a little stronger arm he'd be playing on Sunday's. Trouble is he would have gone to Ohio State or Mich. and not NDSU out of HS.

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Have you seen many QB's come out of the Montana's that play in the NFL? Disney? Lulay? (I would bet you don't know who they even are) Just an example, there aren't going to be many Romo's or Kurt Warner's. Have you seen the games? I don't think you know what you are talking about at all when it comes to Walker....You state you never watched Travis White play either? But yet you are an expert on Walker.

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
If NDSU can really become a power in the FCS there should be no reason we cannot get a QB that is good enough to play on sundays or atleast make a team.

There are already quite a few examples stretched across the NFL. 20 years from now would mean the kid could be 1 year old atm or anywhere up to someone already on the team.

@4m. Never said they would be a starter, but to maintain NFL status is already a big improvement.

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Have you seen many QB's come out of the Montana's that play in the NFL? Disney? Lulay? (I would bet you don't know who they even are) Just an example, there aren't going to be many Romo's or Kurt Warner's. Have you seen the games? I don't think you know what you are talking about at all when it comes to Walker....You state you never watched Travis White play either? But yet you are an expert on Walker.

Alright you win. Walker is the best QB that will ever play at NDSU. We will never have a better one. Cause if you go back and look at the original quote that was replied to that is what was being said.

Steve walker was being directly compared to Barry sanders...in the regard of expectation level.

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Alright you win. Walker is the best QB that will ever play at NDSU. We will never have a better one. Cause if you go back and look at the original quote that was replied to that is what was being said.

Steve walker was being directly compared to Barry sanders...

My point was that you are the kind of person that would look at a 4.24 40 time and automatically say they are going to be the best nfl player EVER. Don't sound like such an expert, because you aren't.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Walker was very, very good, but I tend to agree with much of what Twentysix has said.

4M....don't you think E.T. will be in the NFL? ;)

P.S. I'm an expert.

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Walker was very good, but I tend to agree with much of what Twentysix has said.

4M....don't you think E.T. will be in the NFL? ;)

Go back and look at Joe Montana's passing yards and rushing yards, not very impressive. It's the un-written stats that do it for me in a QB. Composer, being calm in the pocket, directing an offense, and best of all WINNING.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Go back and look at Joe Montana's passing yards and rushing yards, not very impressive. It's the un-written stats that do it for me in a QB. Composer, being calm in the pocket, directing an offense, and best of all WINNING.

I agree with you. I think Walker's physical abilities were no greater than any of the QBs on our current roster however. I think all four have a chance to be very good, as well.

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
If NDSU can really become a power in the FCS there should be no reason we cannot get a QB that is good enough to play on sundays or atleast make a team.

There are already quite a few examples stretched across the NFL. 20 years from now would mean the kid could be 1 year old atm or anywhere up to someone already on the team.

@4m. Never said they would be a starter, but to maintain NFL status is already a big improvement.

Being a power if FCS really does not require having a QB that can play Sundays, I couldn't even find a straight up FCS player that is on an NFL team currently (so not sure where your examples come from). Sure you have your QB's that transfer from FBS to FCS to play that make the NFL, with one current starter Mr. Joe Flacco (of which I know well as I'm a HUGE Ravens fan). There's been similar situations with guys like Rhett Bomar who played at Sam Houston as you should all be aware of. Maybe you Vikings fans may know a guy by the name of Spergon Wynn who transferred to FCS Texas St. from Minnesota. Giovanni Carmazzi from the 49ers, Andy Hall from the Eagles and the list could go on, but I think we all get the point. Other than Flacco, none of those guys have really stuck, nor were their teams big time powers in FCS for an extended period of time (Delaware has been good recently but only because they got another FBS transfer at QB.) The only guy that was a QB on a powerhouse team was Armanti Edwards and he's a returner/WR in the NFL. NDSU has the formula right, run the ball, play defense and have a QB who won't lose the game for you and can make a few plays in the 4th if needed to pull out the W. We are still searching for that last part, but I think Jensen can do it.

Twentysix
08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Being a power if FCS really does not require having a QB that can play Sundays, I couldn't even find a straight up FCS player that is on an NFL team currently (so not sure where your examples come from). Sure you have your QB's that transfer from FBS to FCS to play that make the NFL, with one current starter Mr. Joe Flacco (of which I know well as I'm a HUGE Ravens fan). There's been similar situations with guys like Rhett Bomar who played at Sam Houston as you should all be aware of. Maybe you Vikings fans may know a guy by the name of Spergon Wynn who transferred to FCS Texas St. from Minnesota. Giovanni Carmazzi from the 49ers, Andy Hall from the Eagles and the list could go on, but I think we all get the point. Other than Flacco, none of those guys have really stuck, nor were their teams big time powers in FCS for an extended period of time (Delaware has been good recently but only because they got another FBS transfer at QB.) The only guy that was a QB on a powerhouse team was Armanti Edwards and he's a returner/WR in the NFL. NDSU has the formula right, run the ball, play defense and have a QB who won't lose the game for you and can make a few plays in the 4th if needed to pull out the W. We are still searching for that last part, but I think Jensen can do it.

I have nothing against a transfer, I also dont think the bolded was stated. I think the 20 year (season) time period on a QB capable of making an NFL team should of cleared that up anyways.

The better our football program looks hopefully the better our chance of snaring a good transfer or winning a recruiting battle for that kid that ends up being an NFL quality qb.

99Bison
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM

Exactly... It isn't about stats and other various bs, it's about winning, especially as a QB.

Are we going to have QB's as good or better than Walker, hopefully so. However, big picture looking back in NDSU history what do you notice about QB's, the ones that led teams to extreme "winning" are the ones that everyone recognizes and acknowledges as the best... and there are a very small handful (like less than 5 probably).

Also, who here would rather have a QB win a ton at NDSU instead of having them go to the NFL... everyone.

Apparently we just need to get a Charlie Sheen QB, then we can always be winning :)

BlueBisonRock
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Exactly... It isn't about stats and other various bs, it's about winning, especially as a QB.

Are we going to have QB's as good or better than Walker, hopefully so. However, big picture looking back in NDSU history what do you notice about QB's, the ones that led teams to extreme "winning" are the ones that everyone recognizes and acknowledges as the best... and there are a very small handful (like less than 5 probably).

Also, who here would rather have a QB win a ton at NDSU instead of having them go to the NFL... everyone.

Apparently we just need to get a Charlie Sheen QB, then we can always be winning :)

There was another Charlie that came to mind, but he is better suited to the other side of the ball.

56BISON73
08-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Ron Jaworski from YSU had a pretty good career.

Bison"FANatic"
08-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Kurt Warner from the Panthers

JustinTyem
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Tony Romo - Eastern Illinios PLUS http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23192&start=50

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Ron Jaworski from YSU had a pretty good career.

Well I couldn't find his stats during his YSU career, but his teams record during his 4 years there was 2-6, 4-4-1, 4-6 and 8-2 then fell off again, hardly a "powerhouse" which was discussed earlier.

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Kurt Warner from the Panthers

Tony Romo - Eastern Illinios PLUS http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23192&start=50

So there have been a few, point taken. All I'm sayin is we can be great with a "good" QB, we don't need someone to come in and be the next Steve McNair (another one I found after further research) we just need someone who isn't gonna be Mertens. We got a long way last year with a banged up Jensen and Mohler. If Jensen can improve a little bit each year we'll be damn good.

4mcruenomore
08-25-2011, 01:21 AM
I already mentioned Romo and Warner, I forgot about Jaws,

Notorious
08-25-2011, 01:24 AM
I already mentioned Romo and Warner, I forgot about Jaws,

You don't know shit, 4M...who are your trying to kid?

4mcruenomore
08-25-2011, 01:27 AM
You don't know shit, 4M...who are your trying to kid?

I am "The Total Package" remember?

Notorious
08-25-2011, 01:29 AM

YES, I remember...sorry...please forgive me....

4mcruenomore
08-25-2011, 01:30 AM
YES, I remember...sorry...please forgive me....

Is 4mcrue gonna have to choke a bitch?

IzzyFlexion
08-25-2011, 01:35 AM

That may be so.
But Note is the Bullgod!
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/490463_f260.jpg

Notorious
08-25-2011, 01:40 AM
That may be so.
But Note is the Bullgod!
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/490463_f260.jpg

Damn right!!! I am so powerful, people don't even realize it....

BOOOOOBBBSSSSSS!!!!

tcbison
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Back on track. I think Cole Jirik and Chad Willson will be breakout stars.

bisonmike2
08-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Lakesbison. I think he'll make a huge comeback in 2011.

SDbison
08-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Lakesbison. I think he'll make a huge comeback in 2011.
Gotta agree with this..................

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Damn right!!! I am so powerful, people don't even realize it....

BOOOOOBBBSSSSSS!!!!

Are you, sir, making fun of my fondness for teh sweater meat??:duel:

344Johnson
08-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Wes Hudson 2012. Met him the other night and promises that every step will be taken for the Bison to win championships.

KCHerd
08-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Dudzik and Vraa