PDA

View Full Version : Everybody redshirts... so far

tony
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/331272/group/Sports/

According to Coach Bohl via Jeff Kolpack, the only true freshman who would dress if there was game today would be Berkley Grimm, the fullback from Regina, Iowa.

Kolpack concludes that NDSU has a lot more depth than in past years (I think he's right even though there are other possible explanations.)

Gully
08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I think this is a good sign on the overall state of the program. This could still easily change as the year goes on if we have a rash of injuries at one position.

BisonNeil
08-21-2011, 03:18 PM
There was talk about Derek Lee maybe having his redshirt pulled, glad that is not true. I think he will be quite a horse over the next few years.

This probably means that the coaches are comfortable with the TEs they have. Nelson sounds like he has really come on and according to an article Kolpack wrote, Bruhn is comfortable in the position. Vaadeland has been hurt but caught a TD in the scrimmage, so that is a good sign.

Now, if we can just get Veldman in a groove. Still disappointed in his career, I had such high hopes.

Herd
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Grimm, and a Freshman QB would need to dress if the game was today, right?

DjKyRo
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
When these guys are fifth year seniors we'll be glad this happened. Awesome news.

TheBisonator
08-21-2011, 09:29 PM
We have a very deep team. Good that they can affort to redshirt most of these guys.

Our senior leadership may be outstanding this year.

Bison"FANatic"
08-22-2011, 03:37 AM
The key word to that is "so far" injuries can decimate depth in a hurry. Just look at southern Illinois last year. I hope at the end of the year we can say the same thing as we are now about being able to redshirt this class. I guess I usually like to see a few in the class that are just to good athletically to redshirt.

perthbison
08-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Our senior leadership may be outstanding this year.

I hope it is as outstanding as it was last year.:hungry:

westnodak93bison
08-22-2011, 04:31 AM
There was talk about Derek Lee maybe having his redshirt pulled, glad that is not true. I think he will be quite a horse over the next few years.

This probably means that the coaches are comfortable with the TEs they have. Nelson sounds like he has really come on and according to an article Kolpack wrote, Bruhn is comfortable in the position. Vaadeland has been hurt but caught a TD in the scrimmage, so that is a good sign.

Now, if we can just get Veldman in a groove. Still disappointed in his career, I had such high hopes.

IMHO, move Veldman to slot receiver and run him in double tight end sets. Obviously he can't block well enough to be the main guy. It would be a nice change of pace to go from a 5'7" shifty little dude like Smith to a 6'7" pass catching tight end like Veldman.

ndsubison1
08-22-2011, 04:38 AM
an injury to any CB champion is probably in

WYOBISONMAN
08-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Injuries will be key in preserving these red shirts. Let's hope Lady Luck is with us and the Herd stays healthy. Nothing does more to boost playoff chances than a healthy team!

Aggie
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Is it possible that Grimm could be the breakout player that everyone is Iowa has been talking about? Could it also be that he is expendable for now with all of the talent we have at fullback.

Kermit
08-22-2011, 04:57 PM
an injury to any CB champion is probably in

So far, it appears Champion is behind Williams, Dudzik, Boyd, and Shepherd. We MIGHT be able to sustain one injury and still preserve his redshirt, but that would be pushing it.

AEBison1998
08-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Six weeks from now we also the CB with the broken leg too. Depending on how long it takes to regain his strength.

SamsRams
08-24-2011, 08:39 AM
everyone but champion redshirts and I aint got no link :hide: