PDA

View Full Version : Perez

4mcruenomore
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Did I hear right that Perez is hurt and that Wentz will travel with the team as #3? Or was Lee Timmerman smoking something.

HandoEX
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I recall reading that Dante is out 4-6 weeks so that would make sense.

4mcruenomore
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I wanted him to see time on the field, like he did in the spring game

bri-dog
08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
I think it was mentioned in the story about Polasek last week. Oblique muscle, I think.

EDIT: Here's the quote from the Forum:

"Injury will also factor into the quarterback spot once the season begins. Senior Dante Perez, the No. 3 quarterback, will be out eight weeks with a pulled oblique muscle.

That means one of two true freshmen – Carson Wentz or Ryan Stanford – will probably make the travel team until Perez returns."

ndsubison1
08-21-2011, 07:23 AM
wentz will redshirt unless we need him in an emergency situation

DjKyRo
08-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I wanted him to see time on the field, like he did in the spring game

His redshirt will remain intact unless he's forced to play in such a situation where neither Brock nor Esley could. He'll travel with the team but will stay redshirted.

HandoEX
08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
His redshirt will remain intact unless he's forced to play in such a situation where neither Brock nor Esley could. He'll travel with the team but will stay redshirted.

I dont think he saw Wentz or Stanford in the spring game...he was referring to Perez I think.

DjKyRo
08-21-2011, 09:48 PM
I dont think he saw Wentz or Stanford in the spring game...he was referring to Perez I think.

Ah, my mistake. Misread spring as fall.

4mcruenomore
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM

Yes, Dante was at receiver and slot in the spring game? He showed good hands imo. QB isn't the spot for him, ofcourse I'm not the coach, he just seems like that much of an athlete to be wasted sitting on the bench as a back up. With Esley and the 2 redshirts, he will never play QB.