PDA

View Full Version : New student ticket policy (on the web now)

HerdBot
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205244493

New student ticket policy. Tickets to be ordered online. Smart move. Most people use the web for everything these days.

Release: August 18, 2011 FARGO, N.D. - The North Dakota State athletic department has announced a new student football ticket policy for the 2011 season.
Students must now claim their tickets online at http://www.gobison.com/students, which will be activated Monday, Aug. 29 at 8 a.m. Students will reserve a ticket online using their NDSU ID number and it will be loaded onto their current student ID card. Students will then receive email confirmation that they have reserved a ticket.

Tickets may be claimed starting the Monday of game week beginning at 8 a.m. and going until supplies run out or Friday of game week at 2:45 p.m.

Once all tickets have been reserved, students can add their name to the waiting list. If a ticket is returned by 2:45 p.m. Friday afternoon, it will be awarded to the student at the top of the waiting list. Students who receive tickets from the waitlist will receive email confirmation.

If a student reserves a ticket and cannot attend, they can return the ticket with the same method used to reserve the ticket. If there is a waitlist and a student changes their mind after already returning a ticket, they will be put on the bottom of the waitlist.

Any unclaimed tickets will be available at the Fargodome on game day at windows 8-14 of the east entrance.

If a student wishes to bring a non-NDSU student friend to a game, they must both purchase tickets outside the student section.

For more information, please visit GoBison.com.

STUDENT TICKET RESERVATION SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Reservation Dates (All times 8 a.m. Mon. - 2:45 p.m. Fri.)

Sept. 3 Lafayette Aug. 29-Sept. 2
Sept. 10 St. Francis (Pa.) Sept. 5-9
Oct. 1 Illinois State (Homecoming) Sept. 26-30
Oct. 15 Missouri State Oct. 10-14
Oct. 29 Northern Iowa Oct. 24-28
Nov. 12 Youngstown State Nov. 7-11

AKBison
08-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Nice move by the a.d. The only thing I would like to see is to find a way for students to bring a guest without having to go to the dome to get them. Would also love to see a game day where students from other ndus schools get in free. Before you laugh, schools like Texas, Alabama, and Nebraska have a huge allegiance of non alumni t-shirt fans, who donate money to the their chosen adoptive school as a way to be part of the fan base. UT and UNL are the kings of this and have traveling legions of fans who have never taken a class at said university.

Tatanka
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205244493

New student ticket policy. Tickets to be ordered online. Smart move. Most people use the web for everything these days.

Release: August 18, 2011 FARGO, N.D. - The North Dakota State athletic department has announced a new student football ticket policy for the 2011 season.
Students must now claim their tickets online at http://www.gobison.com/students, which will be activated Monday, Aug. 29 at 8 a.m. Students will reserve a ticket online using their NDSU ID number and it will be loaded onto their current student ID card. Students will then receive email confirmation that they have reserved a ticket.

Tickets may be claimed starting the Monday of game week beginning at 8 a.m. and going until supplies run out or Friday of game week at 2:45 p.m.

Once all tickets have been reserved, students can add their name to the waiting list. If a ticket is returned by 2:45 p.m. Friday afternoon, it will be awarded to the student at the top of the waiting list. Students who receive tickets from the waitlist will receive email confirmation.

If a student reserves a ticket and cannot attend, they can return the ticket with the same method used to reserve the ticket. If there is a waitlist and a student changes their mind after already returning a ticket, they will be put on the bottom of the waitlist.

Any unclaimed tickets will be available at the Fargodome on game day at windows 8-14 of the east entrance.

If a student wishes to bring a non-NDSU student friend to a game, they must both purchase tickets outside the student section.

For more information, please visit GoBison.com.

STUDENT TICKET RESERVATION SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Reservation Dates (All times 8 a.m. Mon. - 2:45 p.m. Fri.)

Sept. 3 Lafayette Aug. 29-Sept. 2
Sept. 10 St. Francis (Pa.) Sept. 5-9
Oct. 1 Illinois State (Homecoming) Sept. 26-30
Oct. 15 Missouri State Oct. 10-14
Oct. 29 Northern Iowa Oct. 24-28
Nov. 12 Youngstown State Nov. 7-11

SIGNIFICANT improvement.

HerdBot
08-18-2011, 06:03 PM
SIGNIFICANT improvement.

Yep. Change with the times. Now students wont have to wait in line when its freezing or make a trip. Load the ticket on their card. Love it.

Tatanka
08-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Yep. Change with the times. Now students wont have to wait in line when its freezing or make a trip. Load the ticket on their card. Love it.

Allow me to translate: Now students won't have an excuse for not filling their section. No longer is the location of ticket distribution a barrier, real or perceived.

HerdBot
08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Allow me to translate: Now students won't have an excuse for not filling their section. No longer is the location of ticket distribution a barrier, real or perceived.

The only excuse now is "i didn't know they made changes?" Spread the word.

bisonaudit
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Are there any repurcussions for reserving a ticket, failing to return it and then not actually using the ticket?

Maybe we're not there yet but I know that Maryland has a process by which they curtail your student ticket privileges for failing to use seats you've reserved.

duluthbison
08-30-2011, 05:28 AM
For those of you who aren't students, this new system should be really easy for the freshmen to figure out. All you have to do is log in with your NDSU electronic ID and password, which is the same as your blackboard, cluster access, wifi, library resources, etc.

Then click reserve ticket and bring your ID to the game. I love the simplicity and the fact I don't have to get my lazy ass out of bed before 8am on monday's!!:D

http://i53.tinypic.com/1ikjud.jpg

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 05:44 AM
I also approve!

DjKyRo
08-30-2011, 08:06 PM
For those students on here who are confused, it's super easy to do this. Just log onto gobison.com/students, enter your Blackboard info, and claim your ticket. Takes like 30 seconds and it loads straight onto your card to be swiped at the game. Big improvement.

BadlandsBison
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
My prediction for the new system,

First twelve students go through, get their IDs swiped, system reads they don't have a ticket, everyone realizes the computer isn't working so they just let in everyone in line anyways.

Its a good idea though.

Ross
08-30-2011, 09:16 PM
For those students on here who are confused, it's super easy to do this. Just log onto gobison.com/students, enter your Blackboard info, and claim your ticket. Takes like 30 seconds and it loads straight onto your card to be swiped at the game. Big improvement.

It's so easy, a cave man can do it.

http://www.gregjordandesign.com/images/geico-caveman.jpg

SDbison
08-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I has been a day and a half........any way to find out how many student tickets have been claimed. Of course with the new system some may wait until the last minute.

HerdBot
08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Are there any repurcussions for reserving a ticket, failing to return it and then not actually using the ticket?

Maybe we're not there yet but I know that Maryland has a process by which they curtail your student ticket privileges for failing to use seats you've reserved.

Here is the penalty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmGNT7x3zBI

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 10:28 PM
My prediction for the new system,

First twelve students go through, get their IDs swiped, system reads they don't have a ticket, everyone realizes the computer isn't working so they just let in everyone in line anyways.

Its a good idea though.

I forsee this happening as well. I did enjoy having a physical ticket stub too. But getting up at 8am sucked.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know what we are doing to hype the game on campus and get the students fired up?

We should do one of those lead capture pages on GoBison.com to hype the game. How about a popup letting students know the new ticket policy so they can be reminded? Any emails sent out this week? Signage or flyers on campus?

bri-dog
08-31-2011, 12:42 AM
They have put it on facebook. Not sure how many people read the NDSU page...

https://www.facebook.com/NDBison

coldspot
08-31-2011, 12:56 AM
how about in big chalk writing in front of every entrance to the union saying there's a football game this coming saturday. (like all the religious clubs like to do)

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 02:01 AM
The two Yell Leaders were ferried around campus on a marketing-driven GemCar to promote the game via shouting at people to pick up tickets and walking around the dining centers to let people know the game was going on earlier today.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 02:03 AM
The two Yell Leaders were ferried around campus on a marketing-driven GemCar to promote the game via shouting at people to pick up tickets and walking around the dining centers to let people know the game was going on earlier today.

ferried? Really? FERRIED? Dude. Suggest a thesaurus.

Twentysix
how about in big chalk writing in front of every entrance to the union saying there's a football game this coming saturday. (like all the religious clubs like to do)

There are NDSU rules against that. Its considered graffiti. Dont you remeber the chalk wars of 07.

DjKyRo
ferried? Really? FERRIED? Dude. Suggest a thesaurus.

Conducted? Transported? Hauled, which may be more appropriate for SDSU cheerleaders?

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:08 AM

Thats actually a pretty good idea!

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Thats actually a pretty good idea!

I'll admit, it was fun, if we got a lot of weird looks.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 02:57 AM
There are NDSU rules against that. Its considered graffiti. Dont you remeber the chalk wars of 07.

Oh, teh HORROR. :D