PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Fan day is at the dome tonight 630-830

HerdBot
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205213618&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

I almost forgot about it.

TransAmBison
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
We will be there!

SDbison
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
We will be there!
Wish I could be there.......
Why do they do this event midweek?

EndZoneQB
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM

It's a ghost town here on the weekends. 3pm Friday begins the mass exodus to the lake every week.

TransAmBison
08-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I wish I could trade you the Fan Day for the scrimmage.

Ferd
08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I wish I could trade you the Fan Day for the scrimmage.

Same here... I'll be at a wedding this weekend near Brainard.

DjKyRo
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll be there alongside Steely Dan!

SDbison
08-16-2011, 06:53 PM
It's a ghost town here on the weekends. 3pm Friday begins the mass exodus to the lake every week.
Yep, I knew there was another reason I wish I had stayed in the Fargo Moorhead area. Lakehome and modest home in Fargo Moorhead versus nice home on 40 acres in South Dakota. During the summer Lakeowners play on the lake compared to me working on my property (spraying, mowing, cutting, etc.) almost every weekend.
OK SDSU trolls you can jump all over this........come on, I am waiting.

That said, I would be forever indebted to anyone with connections that gets me a chance at an engineering project manager job in the FM area.

99Bison
08-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Yep, I knew there was another reason I wish I had stayed in the Fargo Moorhead area. Lakehome and modest home in Fargo Moorhead versus nice home on 40 acres in South Dakota. During the summer Lakeowners play on the lake compared to me working on my property (spraying, mowing, cutting, etc.) almost every weekend.
OK SDSU trolls you can jump all over this........come on, I am waiting.

That said, I would be forever indebted to anyone with connections that gets me a chance at an engineering project manager job in the FM area.

What kinds of engineering?

MNLonghorn10
08-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Same here... I'll be at a wedding this weekend near Brainard.

hey..me too!

EndZoneQB
08-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Yep. Cabins are getting cheaper now again. Not back to the prices they once were, but not so astronomical.

SDbison
08-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Yep. Cabins are getting cheaper now again. Not back to the prices they once were, but not so astronomical.
And farmland has gone up quite a bit since I bought this property. Might be time to sell and invest in lake property. Only bad thing is I doubt I could afford the Minnesota taxes on lake property.......are you kidding me!

EndZoneQB
08-16-2011, 07:59 PM
And farmland has gone up quite a bit since I bought this property. Might be time to sell and invest in lake property. Only bad thing is I doubt I could afford the Minnesota taxes on lake property.......are you kidding me!

Those ARE brutal. I was reading that crappy little article(ok, it wasn't little, it was more like a feature) on $1mil+ lake homes in Minnesota from the Forum. The guy that owns the big ass estate on Pelican pays $45k a year in taxes! I'd say most cabins taxes are around $2k a year. A trick is to put it in your son or daughters name if they don't own a home yet. Homestead, my friend, homestead.

99Bison
08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Homestead, pfft, homestead... zippidee, saves you so minimal now, the last 10 years it has practically been eliminated. Not to mention with MN income tax on top, wow you are SOL. Homestead only helps if you sell the place really... The awesomeness of all small communities building new schools on lake owners dime also doesn't help either.

However, as for investment there hasn't been much of anything better, ever.

imabison
08-17-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205213618&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

I almost forgot about it.

New Bison yard sign is in the garage...

chuckles
08-17-2011, 12:50 AM
New Bison yard sign is in the garage...

Well that's an awful place for it!

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 12:54 AM

You have to be patient in this buyers market. There is a glut of distressed 1st and 2cnd homes out there. But Minnesotans have been asking what the peak of the market was 4 years ago. Problem is most of those houses wont appraise for what they are--were asking. They are underwater on the mortgage and are looking for stupid money to show up and get them off the hook.
The last two months I have noticed a decline in pricing. Its not what it should be but its moving in a more realistic direction. But some people still think that the 2 room cabin with 75ft of lake shore is worth 175,000 plus. Those are starting to come down but slowly because its the MN mentality of lake cabins are gold and that was the MN dream-life style.
From everything Ive read we could be in for another 20% decline is some housing markets. So I see a further slide in housing prices in the future. Patients is the key.

Fargo has some very reasonable housing prices. If I wanted to live in the city I would be looking at Fargo. There is some great value out there. Ive seen a bunch of very very nice houses in the 125.000-200,000 level.

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 12:57 AM

SD
The taxes arent that bad on some of the properties weve looked at. 1500.00 to 2500.00 a year..

EndZoneQB
08-17-2011, 01:10 AM
You have to be patient in this buyers market. There is a glut of distressed 1st and 2cnd homes out there. But Minnesotans have been asking what the peak of the market was 4 years ago. Problem is most of those houses wont appraise for what they are--were asking. They are underwater on the mortgage and are looking for stupid money to show up and get them off the hook.
The last two months I have noticed a decline in pricing. Its not what it should be but its moving in a more realistic direction. But some people still think that the 2 room cabin with 75ft of lake shore is worth 175,000 plus. Those are starting to come down but slowly because its the MN mentality of lake cabins are gold and that was the MN dream-life style.
From everything Ive read we could be in for another 20% decline is some housing markets. So I see a further slide in housing prices in the future. Patients is the key.

Fargo has some very reasonable housing prices. If I wanted to live in the city I would be looking at Fargo. There is some great value out there. Ive seen a bunch of very very nice houses in the 125.000-200,000 level.

Exactly. A few choice lakes are still really spendy...Pelican, Big Cormorant mainly. I saw a two bedroom cabin on Big Pine by Perham(which is a really nice sandy walleye lake) for right around $100k. IMO, that's MUCH more reasonable than previously. I will say tho, it's still a little hard to stomach because about 10-15 years ago when we were looking at cabins you could get a year round house on 100ft for around $30k. Hell, we found a trailer on 150ft of frontage for $16k. The lake wasn't choice, but that's how you get started.

SD
The taxes arent that bad on some of the properties weve looked at. 1500.00 to 2500.00 a year..

That is about what I have been seeing, as well. If you look at the ice fishing in your area(if you don't do it), you could potentially rent it in the winter if it's capable. We currently rent a 2bdrm with 150 feet of sand(and wild rice if you've seen my other thread lol) on Height of Land lake east of DL for about $4k a season. It's not even worth it to buy at this point in time with that price..unless it's for my moms retirement.

99Bison
08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
You can and pretty much always have been able to get decent prices on MN lake places on smaller/less known lakes.

On virtually any half known lake this side of Bemidji "2 bedrooms on 75ft of lake shore is worth 175,000 plus" is practically a steal and is on many... in 5 years you will be complaining that it's 200k.

The key is getting in when you can... unless you come up with big cash later.

TheBisonator
08-17-2011, 01:32 AM
This thread went from Bison Fan Day to property tax levies on lake cabins in about 10 posts.

Good job, Bisonville.

No_Skill
08-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Any first hand opinions/pics of the new lighting in the dome?

FarSouth Bison
08-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Guess we just got the skinny on lake homes, instead of the Football.

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Exactly. A few choice lakes are still really spendy...Pelican, Big Cormorant mainly. I saw a two bedroom cabin on Big Pine by Perham(which is a really nice sandy walleye lake) for right around $100k. IMO, that's MUCH more reasonable than previously. I will say tho, it's still a little hard to stomach because about 10-15 years ago when we were looking at cabins you could get a year round house on 100ft for around $30k. Hell, we found a trailer on 150ft of frontage for $16k. The lake wasn't choice, but that's how you get started.

That is about what I have been seeing, as well. If you look at the ice fishing in your area(if you don't do it), you could potentially rent it in the winter if it's capable. We currently rent a 2bdrm with 150 feet of sand(and wild rice if you've seen my other thread lol) on Height of Land lake east of DL for about $4k a season. It's not even worth it to buy at this point in time with that price..unless it's for my moms retirement.

We used to party at Hansens Flyway. Its closed now. Plus we know Jerry who is accross the HWY. If you go east on 34 maybe a couple of miles there is North Twin and South Twin. North Twin can be seen from the HWY. Our family(uncle) has a small log cabin on South Twin that I used to go to alot when I was at NDSU. Oh the stories!!!!

There have been some pretty good deal coming up on the Gull Lake chain as of late.

EndZoneQB
08-17-2011, 01:45 AM
We used to party at Hansens Flyway. Its closed now. Plus we know Jerry who is accross the HWY. If you go east on 34 maybe a couple of miles there is North Twin and South Twin. North Twin can be seen from the HWY. Our family(uncle) has a small log cabin on South Twin that I used to go to alot when I was at NDSU. Oh the stories!!!!

There have been some pretty good deal coming up on the Gull Lake chain as of late.

Yeah, Jerry is my neighbor! He owns Charlie's cafe(across 34 from my cabin, was that Hansen's Flyway?) and Charlie's tubing. I think he owns what looks like it used to be a resort. It's right on the corner by the landing, basically in front of his house. It's the red building that looks like an old gas station. I guess he's remodeling a bunch of buildings over there.

Small world!

DjKyRo
08-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Just got back with the haul, including the newly-inked flag of 2011. I'll have pics up later but it was a good time, plenty of Bison fans there and had a short chat with President Bresciani. Anyone who hasn't talked to the guy should absolutely do so, he has such high aspirations for NDSU.

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah, Jerry is my neighbor! He owns Charlie's cafe(across 34 from my cabin, was that Hansen's Flyway?) and Charlie's tubing. I think he owns what looks like it used to be a resort. It's right on the corner by the landing, basically in front of his house. It's the red building that looks like an old gas station. I guess he's remodeling a bunch of buildings over there.

Small world!

Jerrys used to called the Boondocks if I recall. My mom said Jerry has lost a couple hundred pounds.
Mom said Jerry bought Hanson Flyway. Used to be a nice place. Big bar, sold food,gas and bait. Typical MN resort. The last owners put up a wall so you couldnt use the bar. Figures they went out of business.

EndZoneQB
08-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Jerrys used to called the Boondocks if I recall. My mom said Jerry has lost a couple hundred pounds.
Mom said Jerry bought Hanson Flyway. Used to be a nice place. Big bar, sold food,gas and bait. Typical MN resort. The last owners put up a wall so you couldnt use the bar. Figures they went out of business.

Yep, Boondocks! I forgot the sign is still up on the building. I guess I'm not sure how big he was before, but I could see how that would be possible. He's a big boy, but not that big lol. Nice guy tho, you can tell he runs the neighborhood. He knew when we moved in on the block lol

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 02:09 AM

Lights are a definite improvement. No doubt they're a substantial upgrade. Apparently they have shutters that can be opened/closed quickly so the lights themselves don't need to be turned off and on. Meaning the GSMB can finally play on a lit field.

Darker in the stands than I expected, but the candlepower is all focused on the field. Again, big improvement. No significant shadows when standing on the field.

HerdBot
08-17-2011, 02:11 AM

The field is noticibly brighter but the stands seem darker

scheelsguy
08-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I asked about the lighting and was told that many of the new lights were not being used. AND That some of the new lighting is not yet operational.

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 02:15 AM
I asked about the lighting and was told that many of the new lights were not being used. AND That some of the new lighting is not yet operational.

Also what I heard.

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice video summary of the event.

http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=2400&id=792894&DB_MENU_ID&SPSID&SPID&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Continue to be impressed by the direction the multimedia is going...

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Nice video summary of the event.

http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=2400&id=792894&DB_MENU_ID&SPSID&SPID&DB_OEM_ID=2400

The Tatanka family got some air time twice in that video. Why do I feel like I got Rick Rolled. :D

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
The Tatanka family got some air time twice in that video. Why do I feel like I got Rick Rolled. :D

:D

I was under the assumption the video was about me and that the NDSU staff, players, and coaches got some air time. I'll have to watch it again.

TransAmBison
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM

I was under the assumption the video was about me and that the NDSU staff, players, and coaches got some air time. I'll have to watch it again.
Is that why you told Coach Bohl it was nice to see him and the team out there?

56BISON73
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM

I stand corrected. I was so over whelmed by the fact that somebody from marketing was on the air I totally forgot about the original premise of the air time. My apologies kind sir.:facepalm2:

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Is that why you told Coach Bohl it was nice to see him and the team out there?

Yes. I appreciated them being able to make it, but they didn't sit in their assigned seats (in numerical order). I was out of sorts all evening until I got home and watched some Billy the Exterminator and Judge Wapner, as per my normal routine.

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I stand corrected. I was so over whelmed by the fact that somebody from marketing was on the air I totally forgot about the original premise of the air time. My apologies kind sir.:facepalm2:

I figured that was a copy error... no way that dude could be in marketing, he was too well-spoken :D

Seriously though, they did a good job with the event and with the summary video!

JustinTyem
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM

:rimshot: :judges: :p :rofl: :biggrin: :cheers:

TransAmBison
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes. I appreciated them being able to make it, but they didn't sit in their assigned seats (in numerical order). I was out of sorts all evening until I got home and watched some Billy the Exterminator and Judge Wapner, as per my normal routine.
Did you have to go to Kmart to get new underwear as well?

Tatanka
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM

Quiet. I'm counting cards.

JustinTyem
08-17-2011, 07:11 PM

MMMMMM,was it raining in Fargo too??? Lol:p

JustinTyem
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Quiet. I'm counting cards.
TAB- Dont let him Drive......... Hit cant stay between the lines!!!!!

TransAmBison
08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Did you fart, Tatanka? Did you f#####g fart?

JustinTyem
08-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Did you fart, Tatanka? Did you f#####g fart?
MY OH MY,Im ROTFLMAO!!!!!:facepalm2:

chuckles
08-17-2011, 10:24 PM

I couldn't agree more. In just the last day I watched the bit on Coach Bohl, the recap of Fan Day, and the announcement of the Shelly Ellig donation. Once again, NDSU athletics is getting it done and in a timely fashion!! Great job all!

GradBison
08-18-2011, 11:50 PM
So how do you keep the new yard signs on the holder? Mine didn't come with an instruction manual. :blush:

Elephants Dream?
08-19-2011, 12:16 AM
So how do you keep the new yard signs on the holder? Mine didn't come with an instruction manual. :blush:

Fold it in half over the wire frame.
Staple it like crazy.
My autographed version is up.

GradBison
08-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Staple it like crazy.

Thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't mssing anything before I stapled and taped it.

HerdBot
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Staple it like crazy.

Staple both sides around the frame