PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Out at Home Opener

Pages : 1 [2]

bisonfan08
08-23-2011, 07:28 PM
You guys are really disappointing me. With me as your wingman, guaranteed action!! First, we will buy a bottle of Patron for ourselves, drink most of it, and then fill it with some bottom shelf Takillya and head out with shot glasses hanging on beads--get the pic so far??!! We can bring Note along to "occupy" the heavy ones, and AG for the gay guys that the hot women normally tend to hang with!!

I'm getting this weird sense of Deja-vu.......Oh yeah that's cuz this has been tried.....and works (Please see WeFest 06 and 07, oh yeah and 09)

Answer Guy
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
With me as your wingman, guaranteed action!!...We can bring Note along to "occupy" the heavy ones, and AG for the gay guys that the hot women normally tend to hang with!!

You need wingmen to help you be a wingman? :confused:

aces1180
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
My advice is stay away from the girls who dress up for an 8 am class...They are trying too hard and usually have a boyfriend back home...Go for the chicks who don't give a shit, because they will probably be up for anything.

Also, don't just give girls free booze...Make them work for it!

aces1180
08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Does that mean you are joining the coalition as well?

I'm there in spirit...

CAS4127
No need to refill it with "bottom shelf" tequila when the bottle comes full of said bottom shelf tequila when sealed from the factory!

Good God, if this is an indicator of your taste judgment in women, please, please do not bring them around the tailgate area--I get nauseated easily!!

Notorious

Our names are on the front of our jerseys, pal. It's called teaming up on 'em...

aces1180
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Also, wearing your high school letterman jackets on campus is an instant panty dropper as well.

Notorious
08-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Also, wearing your high school letterman jackets on campus is an instant panty dropper as well.

Not interested in girls that wear panties...

bisonfan08

I sure hope your kidding.... What is this world coming to?

CAS4127

Didn't you mean wing"men"?

CAS4127
08-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Not interested in girls that wear panties...

Me either, it's either thongs, comando or they are gone--the women that is!!

Answer Guy
08-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Didn't you mean wing"men"?

You want another grammer bet? Ruling, please.

56BISON73
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Something like that. Actually, I'm envisioning DjKyRo and Badlands delivering the sprinkles.

Other cast members include:

Gandalf: 56
Gollum:Answer Guy
Wraith King:TMWTFN
Saruman: Al Carlson
Wormtongue: Hakstol
Balrog/oliphant: Laura C (inside joke w/Tatanka)

:eek: :confused:

CAS4127
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
You want another grammer bet? Ruling, please.

Do you want a posting lesson?? With quotes around "men", it means questioning of whether you two are "men" at all--just sayin!! Isn't there some grammer and punctuation forum you can join. They will let you in depsite your poor abilities. Improvement has to start sometime!!

TransAmBison
08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Derail_1.jpg

Notorious
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Derail_1.jpg

and whose fault is that???? Plus PL doesn't want to talk about a yellow out anymore. It gets him all riled up.

56BISON73
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
and whose fault is that???? Plus PL doesn't want to talk about a yellow out anymore. It gets him all riled up.

What is this yellow thing you talk about? :bow:

CAS4127
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
What is this yellow thing you talk about? :bow:

Yep, this thread has served it's purpose of being completely high-jacked and has run its course--much like most others eventually do!!

Herd80
08-23-2011, 07:53 PM
It is fairly entertaining on a boring Bisonville day though...continue (I would ask that Izzy not get too fired up, the derailing could become dangerous)

SDbison
08-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Yep, this thread has served it's purpose of being completely high-jacked and has run its course--much like most others eventually do!!
Of course, highjackers have to have something to do. Why don't they create their own stupid threads and hijack them?

SDbison
08-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey, how about EVERYBODY wears yellow into the dome for the first half of the first game. Novel idea! Can't be that difficult.......can it?

bisonmike2
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey, how about EVERYBODY wears yellow into the dome for the first half of the first game. Novel idea! Can't be that difficult.......can it?

What does this post have to do with freshman girls? :confused: :)

bisonfan08
08-23-2011, 08:09 PM
What does this post have to do with freshman girls? :confused: :)

Word. Speaking of hijacking threads...... :)

BlueBisonRock
08-23-2011, 08:12 PM
:eek: :confused:

Gandalf - one of the supporting heros of (and a key figure in) Tolkien's 'Lord of the Ring's' trilogy. He is one of the "good guys" and would support a grey out or even a white out, but not a yellow out. Known to have magical abilities and is able to put up a good fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandalf

56BISON73
08-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Gandalf - one of the supporting heros of (and a key figure in) Tolkien's 'Lord of the Ring's' trilogy. He is one of the "good guys" and would support a grey out or even a white out, but not a yellow out. Known to have magical abilities and is able to put up a good fight.

In that case I am all in!!!! :)

Notorious
08-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Best I could do for you PL...

http://www.ooshirts.com/index.php?module=lab&action=customize&saveid=22968843

DjKyRo
08-23-2011, 09:02 PM

Interestingly enough, Sir Ian McKellen (the actor who portrays Gandalf) is homosexual, so one could posit that he likes sausage. As good a fit for PL if I've ever seen one.

Twentysix
08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh snap, the talking head called PL homo, without saying no homo!

:duel:

BlueBisonRock
08-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Interestingly enough, Sir Ian McKellen (the actor who portrays Gandalf) is homosexual, so one could posit that he likes sausage. As good a fit for PL if I've ever seen one.

Gotta keep your response in context Dj. The reference sited was to the book trilogy by Tolkien, not the Peter Jackson movie adaptations. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_film_trilogy)

While the films follow the book's general storyline, they do omit some of the plot elements from the novel and include some additions to and other deviations from the source material.

Oh, to your original comment: "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

coldspot
08-23-2011, 10:51 PM

I would like to take credit for setting up the derailment of this thread. looks like I did a good job.

EndZoneQB
08-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Good God, if this is an indicator of your taste judgment in women, please, please do not bring them around the tailgate area--I get nauseated easily!!

I go for a real higher quality tequila, not one that has stars pimp it so it becomes "top shelf" ;) much like my taste in women. I define what is hot, not follow what others think is hot. How is that for ya?? hahaha

No_Skill
08-23-2011, 11:04 PM

But rather than using a wand like many wizards, he wields a magical sausage. :D

56BISON73
08-23-2011, 11:33 PM
But rather than using a wand like many wizards, he wields a magical sausage. :D

TWSS :bow: :)

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, I'll shock and awe you SD.
I'm actually going to stay on topic....just for you.

The Boilermakers of Purdue are doing a black and gold promo for their home opener like the one we've seen in this thread involving Iowa.

Today, on at least 4 different radio stations in and around Lafayette and Terre Haute they're running commercials like crazy saying....."if you're in sections xxx thru xxx please wear gold. If you're in sections xxx thru xxx wear black, etc.

OK, please resume the silliness and I apologize to Herd80 for behaving myself.

ndsubison1
08-24-2011, 03:44 AM
You are not respecting the power of the ice cream machines. They lurk everywhere. They see everything. They know all.

the ice cream machines have destroyed many freshmen lives

coldspot
08-24-2011, 04:03 AM
the ice cream machines have destroyed many freshmen lives

so much potential, right out the window.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 01:25 PM
so much potential, right out the window.

A suggestion...don't have sex with girls who just have potential. That's not setting the bar very high.

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
A suggestion...don't have sex with girls who just have potential. That's not setting the bar very high.

Yeah but, you can always find that "fixer upper". Kind of like buying a '69 chevelle that just needs some TLC, show it some attention, some new tires, a tune up, some buffing, and it's a show winner.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah but, you can always find that "fixer upper". Kind of like buying a '69 chevelle that just needs some TLC, show it some attention, some new tires, a tune up, some buffing, and it's a show winner.

Kind of like a "MaryKay" makeover type thing????

I guess if you have to money to put into a "fixer-upper", then you should go for it, but a 20-year old that is already a fixer-upper would make me a little nervous. There's a slippery slope near that ice cream machine...

4mcruenomore
08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Kind of like a "MaryKay" makeover type thing????

I guess if you have to money to put into a "fixer-upper", then you should go for it, but a 20-year old that is already a fixer-upper would make me a little nervous. There's a slippery slope near that ice cream machine...

True, that would be like buying a 2011 Cobalt that already needs new tires, plugs, and some wax? Yeah, kind of scary, I see your point. I just thought it was always fun to find that "barn find", the one who's husband bought it brand new then died and it sat in the barn for 20 years....They can really "perk" up if given some attention.

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Sometimes the hybrid models bring unexpected features to the table. Just ask TAB.

DjKyRo
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
If Tony splits the derailment off from this thread, I'm really anxious to see what he names it.

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Or just use it for what it has left, run it into the ground and move on to the next one. It's college, no use in putting that kind of time and effort into it. I've gotten to the age now where I can appreciate a fine ride, but in college? Hell, if we are using car analogies, I'll take a 98 Grand Prix anyday, ain't the prettiest car in the lot, but she rides smooth and you won't be embarrassed to tell your friends you took her for a spin.

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Wait a second. We're not talking about automobiles?

Notorious
08-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Reminds me of the old joke...what do mo-peds and fat chicks have in common?

They're both fun to ride until your friends see you....

GOB1SON
08-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Here are 5 of the top 10 stadium atmospheres according to the latest issue of SI. What do they all have in common (other than being outdoor stadiums).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Kyle-field-1.jpg
Kyle Field

http://badgerchatters.com/wp-content/uploads/Camp-Randall.jpg
Camp Randall

http://kentuckycubs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/TheEyeOfDeathValley_1_.347134318_std.jpg
Death Valley

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/265238485_257e551d6d_b.jpg
Notre Dame

http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared/0/07/Ben_Hill_Griffin_Stadium.jpg
The Swamp

They aren't "whited out" or "yellowed out" but rather a strong blend of both colors, (predominantly the darker color with the lighter color interspersed).

Now take a look at these pics (I posted that thread a couple of years ago during the disaster that was my fall. Although I still blame it on Tatanka.)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19087

Tell me what are NDSU's colors again??? Looks like an SDSU home game.

I would just like it if we could get everyone to: a) fill the damn dome and b) wear green or yellow (or gold if you are old school like me. I didn't know our colors were green and yellow till I was 35).

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
You know what else they have in common, they are sellout crowds, their student sections are PACKED and when people get up from their seats a non-school color doesn't come glaring out at you. New lights = good, new turf coming up = awesome, replacing the aweful blue seats with green ones as displayed in the SHAC renderings = a dream come true.

tony
08-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Here are 5 of the top 10 stadium atmospheres according to the latest issue of SI. What do they all have in common (other than being outdoor stadiums).

No sponsor logos all over their turf? :)

Heck, I don't think conference logos are a good idea either unless they're easily replaced.

HerdBot
08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
You know what else they have in common, they are sellout crowds, their student sections are PACKED and when people get up from their seats a non-school color doesn't come glaring out at you. New lights = good, new turf coming up = awesome, replacing the aweful blue seats with green ones as displayed in the SHAC renderings = a dream come true.

I'm a big supporter of a yellow out but the issue isn't the colors. It's the empty seats. The best way to cover the blue seats is to have butts in them. The Vikings have the exact same seats as the Fargodome but they sell out every game and you can't even tell what color the seats are.

Having a full stadium is what drives the atmosphere. The Packers have the same colors as we do but they don't have a primary color at games but that's because half the fans have actual green jersey's and it's the best atmosphere in football.

It's tough comparing college to the NFL of course but we need to have every seat full and that means season ticket holders actually going to the games. Throw a yellow out at a sold out game and it's even cooler.

Metrodome pic http://www.bvu.edu/resize_image?path=/dotAsset/146133.jpg&w=570 Do you see any blue seats?

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm a big supporter of a yellow out but the issue isn't the colors. It's the empty seats. The best way to cover the blue seats is to have butts in them. The Vikings have the exact same seats as the Fargodome but they sell out every game and you can't even tell what color the seats are.

Having a full stadium is what drives the atmosphere. The Packers have the same colors as we do but they don't have a primary color at games but that's because half the fans have actual green jersey's and it's the best atmosphere in football.

It's tough comparing college to the NFL of course but we need to have every seat full and that means season ticket holders actually going to the games. Throw a yellow out at a sold out game and it's even cooler.

Metrodome pic http://www.bvu.edu/resize_image?path=/dotAsset/146133.jpg&w=570 Do you see any blue seats?

Oh I'm with ya 100% I just don't get it, they always "Sell Out" games but for some reason there are still 2000-3000 empty seats. If your gonna buy tickets, especially season tickets, go to the games! If not stop renewing so people who do want to be there can get better seats. (Off subject) I get so irritated during hoops season when I go to every game and there are just empty rows in front of me but when I got to renew my season tickets and want lower seats they say there aren't any available, REALLY!? Cuz I go to every game and there's ALWAYS seats available in front of me. This is my first season purchasing season tickets for football cuz I'll actually be able to go to every game this year, which is why since I graduated I haven't bought them, if I can't be there I want someone who can be to have the tickets. NO EMPTY SEATS!

PS - I know the vast majority of season ticket holders are loyal fans, but I can tell you that those seats aren't empty because somebody bought tickets for that one single game and then decided not to go.

HerdBot
08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh I'm with ya 100% I just don't get it, they always "Sell Out" games but for some reason there are still 2000-3000 empty seats. If your gonna buy tickets, especially season tickets, go to the games! If not stop renewing so people who do want to be there can get better seats. (Off subject) I get so irritated during hoops season when I go to every game and there are just empty rows in front of me but when I got to renew my season tickets and want lower seats they say there aren't any available, REALLY!? Cuz I go to every game and there's ALWAYS seats available in front of me. This is my first season purchasing season tickets for football cuz I'll actually be able to go to every game this year, which is why since I graduated I haven't bought them, if I can't be there I want someone who can be to have the tickets. NO EMPTY SEATS!

PS - I know the vast majority of season ticket holders are loyal fans, but I can tell you that those seats aren't empty because somebody bought tickets for that one single game and then decided not to go.

Its especially annoying when the upper corners are sold out while the great teammakers seats sit empty. We have to keep teammakers selling ad many as possible since it funds the program but I wish we could reach out to these folks to encourage them to use the tickets

bisonfan08
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Its especially annoying when the upper corners are sold out while the great teammakers seats sit empty. We have to keep teammakers selling ad many as possible since it funds the program but I wish we could reach out to these folks to encourage them to use the tickets

Yeah that's just it, I've gotten offers I dunno how many times from different friends that say their company has extra tickets. There should be some sort of program for teammakers to give away their tickets online or something if they aren't going to use them for certain games. Something sort of like the student ticket system and just have people that sign up for them pick them up at will-call.

Rockbear99
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM

I think I see a couple in sec 219.:)

MNLonghorn10
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
the answer to the above question with the stadiums that have somethin in common, is that theyre all inbred

HerdBot
08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah that's just it, I've gotten offers I dunno how many times from different friends that say their company has extra tickets. There should be some sort of program for teammakers to give away their tickets online or something if they aren't going to use them for certain games. Something sort of like the student ticket system and just have people that sign up for them pick them up at will-call.

Good point. The key part of your post is EXCHANGE and TEAM MAKERS. We shouldn't be worried about the non teammakers seats because they are usually used anyway.

GOB1SON
08-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I've been asking about unused tickets for years.

Most larger schools will track season ticket usage by scanning the ticket when you enter. Then usage is reported to the club and if you aren't using your tickets, you are in jeopardy of losing them. This happens at schools where there is a cap on the number of season tickets available and demand is very high.

The Ol' Ag I lived with at TAMU used to tell me the only thing he had left on his bucket list was to outlive the SOB's sitting in the seats between his and the 50. He only had 4 or 5 seats to go when I left A&M. He made it to the fifty the year he passed away, but he got there. I believe he just didn't have anything left to live for...

Anyway, until we have 12000 season ticket holders and 5000 on the waiting list, I would like Teammakers to start a ticket exchange of their own. If you have season tickets you aren't gonna use, and you can't get them to a neighbor or your kids or your buddies, then let Simmers know and he can pass them out. Sell them and refund the game price, if you want, but let's get somebody sitting in the seats.

Thoughts?

56BISON73
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM

Just may be there arent enough people willing to pay the big bucks for those high dollar seats. Just a thought. I up graded my seats this year and we went over to the dome and had a pretty good selection of seats that I could choose from.

One other thing I have noticed and posted about in the past. There isnt a market for Bison tickets. You dont see people trying to buy home game tickets like you do the big venues. I dont know how many times I have walked around the tailgate lot and heard people say that they had extra tickets and does anybody know anybody who could use them. That tells me that there isnt a shortage of tickets available and not any over whelming demand.

tony
08-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Just may be there arent enough people willing to pay the big bucks for those high dollar seats. Just a thought. I up graded my seats this year and we went over to the dome and had a pretty good selection of seats that I could choose from.

That's not what's happening though - all those seats are sold.

Companies are buying blocks of tickets and then letting half of them sit empty.

GOB1SON is right... just got to keep building fan support until there's a waiting list.

56BISON73
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
That's not what's happening though - all those seats are sold.

Companies are buying blocks of tickets and then letting half of them sit empty.

GOB1SON is right... just got to keep building fan support until there's a waiting list.

I agree. If there is a waiting list then the whole supply demand dynamic changes.

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
I agree. If there is a waiting list then the whole supply demand dynamic changes.

This is 100% correct.

GOB1SON
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM

But until then we need to do something to fill those seats.

As an example, the 08 SDSU game was sold out. Not a ticket to be had. I had a bunch of buddies coming into town and I worked my ass off to get tickets for them, successfully. Then I go down to my seats and there are at least 6 or 8 empty seats between me and the field.

I understand that these are big donor (read: businesses) seats that didn't get used, but jeez!

It was just a damn shame that there might have been people who gave up trying to get tickets that could have used those seats.

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 09:02 PM
But until then we need to do something to fill those seats.

As an example, the 08 SDSU game was sold out. Not a ticket to be had. I had a bunch of buddies coming into town and I worked my ass off to get tickets for them, successfully. Then I go down to my seats and there are at least 6 or 8 empty seats between me and the field.

I understand that these are big donor (read: businesses) seats that didn't get used, but jeez!

It was just a damn shame that there might have been people who gave up trying to get tickets that could have used those seats.

With you 100%. Problem is there's little to no motivation (yet) by the Athletic department or TeamMakers to push the issue. Demand > Supply provides that motivation.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
With you 100%. Problem is there's little to no motivation (yet) by the Athletic department or TeamMakers to push the issue. Demand > Supply provides that motivation.

Thank you Jon Lindgren....

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you Jon Lindgren....

Um... ok. You're welcome? :)

Notorious
08-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Um... ok. You're welcome? :)

Econ 101??? Your era???

BlueBisonRock
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Econ 101??? Your era???

151 wasn't it?

CAS4127
08-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I never really noticed the difference between Advanced Economic Theory (Econ 402) and Macro Economics (Econ 101)--did anyone??

BlueBisonRock
08-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I never really noticed the difference between Advanced Economic Theory (Econ 402) and Macro Economics (Econ 101)--did anyone??

Absolutely. Moved from memorization and reguritation to comparing Keynes and Monetary Theory. It made sense if Thor was the prof teaching the material.

IzzyFlexion
08-25-2011, 12:33 AM

Don't diminish the importance of the occasional "slump buster". Girls in this category have restored the confidence of many young college fellas.

stevdock
08-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Screw Yellow Outs or all this stuff. We need something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSx1w6hKPNk&feature=related

TateMosersneighbor
08-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Screw the yellow out.

How about a home opener where everyone stands the whole game and creates some noise? Those visiting teams just get scared when they see the whole dome dressed in "harvest gold" T-shirts and it's quiet. Especially the players who are color blind...they see a different shade of gray and just forget to tackle.

Every good college atmosphere has a heavy dose of standing up, yelling and tailgating.

SDbison
08-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Screw the yellow out.

How about a home opener where everyone stands the whole game and creates some noise? Those visiting teams just get scared when they see the whole dome dressed in "harvest gold" T-shirts and it's quiet. Especially the players who are color blind...they see a different shade of gray and just forget to tackle.

Every good college atmosphere has a heavy dose of standing up, yelling and tailgating.
Dreamer........I will bet all the money I have that there will be a yellow out long before everyone in the fargodome stands the whole game. Just buy yellow shirts for every seat with a promise there are free dippin dots if worn for the first half. You couldn't do enough to get the living dead that dominate the dome and have their way with security to stand the entire game. And you want them to make some noise too........ha ha funny shit.

56BISON73
08-26-2011, 02:51 AM

I agree also.

I have also noticed that many like to demean the big businesses who get blocks of tickets for their generous donations. Many cant understand how those tickets can go unused. Has anybody thought that those businesses have tried to give those tickets away to friends or employees and couldnt get any takers? I dont think thats much of a stretch when you consider that there are supposedly 250,000 people in the metroplex and we have a hard time filling 19,000 seats. Before I found someone from this site to take my unused tickets I had a hell of a time trying to find someone to buy my tickets. I even stood in the lobby with the ticket held aloft yelling ticket for sale and got no takers.

So whats the answer? I know winning cures all BUT I had problems selling my tickets when we were 10-1.
The Fargo-NDSU fan dynamic is puzzling to me. You would think that the place would be wall to wall every game.

EndZoneQB
08-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Dreamer........I will bet all the money I have that there will be a yellow out long before everyone in the fargodome stands the whole game. Just buy yellow shirts for every seat with a promise there are free dippin dots if worn for the first half. You couldn't do enough to get the living dead that dominate the dome and have their way with security to stand the entire game. And you want them to make some noise too........ha ha funny shit.

Look at it this way - when the Fargodome hires more security to keep us down, at least they will be contributing to the yellow out!

344Johnson
08-26-2011, 04:26 AM
The school asks you to do a yellow out, you do your part. plain and simple.

HerdBot
08-26-2011, 05:30 AM
The school asks you to do a yellow out, you do your part. plain and simple.

Yes sir. Ill be in yeller, tailgating, and being as loud as possible

EmeraldCityBison
08-26-2011, 05:35 AM
Screw the yellow out.

Seattle Sounders FC games: 36,000 every game and the crowd stands and cheers the whole time. Maybe telling the living dead that people do that at a soccer match will shame them into getting into the game.

344Johnson
08-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Seattle Sounders FC games: 36,000 every game and the crowd stands and cheers the whole time. Maybe telling the living dead that people do that at a soccer match will shame them into getting into the game.

Soccer games have a nice atmosphere to them. Half of the fun of watching Barcelona (other than Lionel Messi's brilliance) is listening and watching the crowd. Also, how does Sounders FC only have 36,000? I was under the impression they play at the Seahawks field which holds about double that?

Tatanka
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Soccer games have a nice atmosphere to them. Half of the fun of watching Barcelona (other than Lionel Messi's brilliance) is listening and watching the crowd. Also, how does Sounders FC only have 36,000? I was under the impression they play at the Seahawks field which holds about double that?

They bock off much of the upper deck to focus attendance in the lower deck.

GOB1SON
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree also.

I have also noticed that many like to demean the big businesses who get blocks of tickets for their generous donations. Many cant understand how those tickets can go unused. Has anybody thought that those businesses have tried to give those tickets away to friends or employees and couldnt get any takers? I dont think thats much of a stretch when you consider that there are supposedly 250,000 people in the metroplex and we have a hard time filling 19,000 seats. Before I found someone from this site to take my unused tickets I had a hell of a time trying to find someone to buy my tickets. I even stood in the lobby with the ticket held aloft yelling ticket for sale and got no takers.

So whats the answer? I know winning cures all BUT I had problems selling my tickets when we were 10-1.
The Fargo-NDSU fan dynamic is puzzling to me. You would think that the place would be wall to wall every game.

I hope no one thought I was demeaning big business donations. Not at all. We are one of those that has a large contribution and in return, we get a large block of tickets. But we are a little unusual in that we always have demand for unused tickets. I am fortunate that I nearly always have people coming in from out of town that want tickets and this demand is always greater than the number of seats we have.

My point is this: IF we are 7-0 on October 28, we will have a sell-out the 29th. No tickets will be available to the public. I GUARANTEE that there will be empty seats, and they will be in lower 18 and 1, where the donor seat are.

Personally, I would buy several of these seats. But they never hit the market cause when the large insurance company or telecommunication company that has seats in those sections can't get them given away, they just put them back in the drawer. They should call the ticket office and say "we won't use tickets Section 18, Row E, Seats 11 and 12. Please release them to the public."

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but this has bothered me for a long time.

Bisonfan1
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Screw the yellow out.

Im with SD, good luck, those who have tried have been targets the rest of the year. You want to stand the whole game and creat noise without the evil stares of the knitters, book readers, and dome security, go to ANY away game. Now which concession stand in the dome will have those dippin dots ?? IM THERE !!

BigBison
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Scheels has shit for yellow shirts this year.

Gully
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Scheels has shit for yellow shirts this year.

PL will be crushed, I'm sure. :)

TransAmBison
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
PL will be crushed, I'm sure. :)
PL already has a yellow shirt...that I saw him wear once...for a couple hours. I know, I gave it to him.

MNLonghorn10
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
screw your yellow shirt nazi like propaganda!

you cant take me alive! green revolution!

TransAmBison
08-26-2011, 03:20 PM

You do like the alternative route... :D

EmeraldCityBison
08-26-2011, 03:30 PM
They bock off much of the upper deck to focus attendance in the lower deck.

Yep. They open the first 5 rows of seats all they way around the upper deck and sell them with unlimited concessions.

They opened the entire upper deck for 3 games this year:

NY RB and got 47,000 on a weeknight.

Manchester United friendly also on a weeknight and got 67,000.

The third game is scheduled for October.

Great atmosphere!

Bisonfan1
08-26-2011, 03:46 PM
SDBison qoute " green is mean " " yellow is gay " therefore im wearing green. At least im in school colors, i know i wont be as intimidating to the opposing team sitting behind their bench, but i will do my best to crunch my dippin dots as loudly as i can. At the very least it will irratate BlueBisonRock so he will at least yell at me to contribute to the noise level for once.

344Johnson
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Yep. They open the first 5 rows of seats all they way around the upper deck and sell them with unlimited concessions.

They opened the entire upper deck for 3 games this year:

NY RB and got 47,000 on a weeknight.

Manchester United friendly also on a weeknight and got 67,000.

The third game is scheduled for October.

Great atmosphere!

Thats impressive. Especially in the United States. The Manchester friendly not so much, honestly the 67,000 is to be expected then.

Don't make us use our metaphorical DeathStar and blow up Alderan. Tell us where the Green Rebel Base is.

EndZoneQB
08-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Im with SD, good luck, those who have tried have been targets the rest of the year. You want to stand the whole game and creat noise without the evil stares of the knitters, book readers, and dome security, go to ANY away game. Now which concession stand in the dome will have those dippin dots ?? IM THERE !!

Away game is right. I usually enjoy away games more anyway, it's just a different experience, but standing is allowed and preferred about 99% of the stadiums I have been to...

56BISON73
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Thats the spirit!!!

VanClubPres
08-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Everyone should wear gold or yellow. Support the school's and the teams approach to the season.

SDbison
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Everyone should wear gold or yellow. Support the school's and the teams approach to the season.
Amen..............
and for Bisonfan1.......I said Green is Gay.
Wear Yellow, its much more impressive, especially on TAB.

TransAmBison
08-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Amen..............
and for Bisonfan1.......I said Green is Gay.
Wear Yellow, its much more impressive, especially on TAB.
LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green is SO D2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99Bison
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, how about this approach... If you always wear green whatever you do, don't wear yellow!

EndZoneQB
08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok, how about this approach... If you always wear green whatever you do, don't wear yellow!

I think I can follow those instructions.

TransAmBison
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/MIKEE-1.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/MIKE-2.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/MIKKE-1.jpg

bisonaudit
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Maryland is worse at the color out than we are...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/maryland-plans-color-coded-home-opener-with-30-shirts/2011/08/29/gIQAQedtnJ_blog.html

"Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen. It's not going to happen."

ndsubison1
08-30-2011, 05:37 AM

bahahahahahaaha. that is awesome

bisonfan08
08-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Maryland is worse at the color out than we are...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/maryland-plans-color-coded-home-opener-with-30-shirts/2011/08/29/gIQAQedtnJ_blog.html

"Stop trying to make 'fetch' happen. It's not going to happen."

Haha $40 for a damn t-shirt, good luck with that. If they really want to get the yellow out going they should have t-shirt booths set up at each entrance selling t-shirts for $5. I heard on the radio that this game is already sponsored by scheels. How bout each game finding a new sponsor and having so many t-shirts, maybe like 1,000 for sale at $5. Whether your in green or yellow I could care less, but it's all the people that aren't even wearing school colors that really bring down the atmosphere. Maybe it's people who get free tickets through teammakers or somethin and aren't huge fans and don't have bison gear, but they get to the game and can pick up a t-shirt to throw on for $5, I think it could help out.

mnriverbison
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Haha $40 for a damn t-shirt, good luck with that. If they really want to get the yellow out going they should have t-shirt booths set up at each entrance selling t-shirts for $5. I heard on the radio that this game is already sponsored by scheels. How bout each game finding a new sponsor and having so many t-shirts, maybe like 1,000 for sale at $5. Whether your in green or yellow I could care less, but it's all the people that aren't even wearing school colors that really bring down the atmosphere. Maybe it's people who get free tickets through teammakers or somethin and aren't huge fans and don't have bison gear, but they get to the game and can pick up a t-shirt to throw on for $5, I think it could help out.

Love the idea, but as of a few years ago they sold an "exclusive" t-shirt of bison athletics to q-doba. This kind of promotion would violate that exclusivity. Not sure if they still do, and I'll check, but that's what I remember.

mnriverbison
08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Shoot, the more I think about it, if you're going to steal the idea go balls out. Have the Bison wear white for home night games and give away cheap sponsored white t's. Yellow-out just leaves the door open for too many piss jokes. Although a white-out in Fargo may not help otherwise willing black kids to decide that maybe Fargo won't be that different after all ( I kid, I kid).

HerdBot
08-30-2011, 01:41 PM

I award you points and may God have mercy on your soul.

HerdBot
08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
SDBison qoute " green is mean " " yellow is gay " therefore im wearing yellow. At least im in school colors, i know i wont be as intimidating to the opposing team sitting behind their bench, but i will do my best to crunch my dippin dots as loudly as i can. At the very least it will irratate BlueBisonRock so he will at least yell at me to contribute to the noise level for once.

Fixed it for you. Sorry couldn't resist.

mnriverbison
08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Alert-one man thread, one man thread.

Why not have all wear green except everyone in seat 7 of every row who all wear yellow. Then the FD can look like a green mountain valley with several rivers of urine flowing down the hills. Maybe Keystone Light will sponsor the whole thing!

Bisonfan1
08-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Fixed it for you. Sorry couldn't resist.

GOT ME !!!!! Still wearing green !!!

bri-dog
08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Now on Facebook, they're advertising yellow t-shirts available at Scheels that glow in the dark during the intro...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150357421044532&set=a.214525824531.164571.7791099531&type=1&theater

MNLonghorn10
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Now on Facebook, they're advertising yellow t-shirts available at Scheels that glow in the dark during the intro...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150357421044532&set=a.214525824531.164571.7791099531&type=1&theater
ok...soo the majority of the glowing part is on the back of the shirt if those are the tags...

4mcruenomore
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Looks like MNLonghorn10 is all ready for the game, not wearing yellow either I see:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/mnlonghorn.jpg

80ALUM
08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I am a tradional "green wearing" fan but went to Bismarck Scheels today for a yellow shirt. No luck. When the clerk asked if I had found everything I said, "no, your selection of Bison apparrel is terrible." She said" well, this isn't Fargo." To which I replied, "well, it isn't Grand Forks either and yet you have a ton of UND stuff." She said, "we just don't sell much of the NDSU stuff."

How sad is that. But you can't sell what you don't have. Still, would be nice not to have to wait until I get to Fargo to find decent stuff.:ranting:

MNLonghorn10
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Looks like MNLonghorn10 is all ready for the game, not wearing yellow either I see:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/4mcrue/mnlonghorn.jpg

id love to sit here and come up with another rebuttal, but i have a tailgate rig that needs preppin for the game im going to this weekend.

KilldeerBison
08-30-2011, 09:57 PM
I am a tradional "green wearing" fan but went to Bismarck Scheels today for a yellow shirt. No luck. When the clerk asked if I had found everything I said, "no, your selection of Bison apparrel is terrible." She said" well, this isn't Fargo." To which I replied, "well, it isn't Grand Forks either and yet you have a ton of UND stuff." She said, "we just don't sell much of the NDSU stuff."

How sad is that. But you can't sell what you don't have. Still, would be nice not to have to wait until I get to Fargo to find decent stuff.:ranting:

I was told the same thing, "we don't sell much NDSU stuff". My response was, I can see why, you don't have hardly any NDSU stuff to buy! It really is pathetic, they act as though NDSU doesn't exist. Hopefully , this will change soon.

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
How would anyone buy stuff if they dont have it to begin with?

Hammersmith
08-30-2011, 10:48 PM

Proud owner of one(just got back from Scheels). BTW, talked briefly with scheelsguy who will be dropping by BV tonight to announce an announcement.

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Proud owner of one(just got back from Scheels). BTW, talked briefly with scheelsguy who will be dropping by BV tonight to announce an announcement.

Maybe scheels guy can get them carried in bismarck???? :facepalm:

Bison06
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
How would anyone buy stuff if they dont have it to begin with?

This is a classic business mistake that so many people make. I have had a mentor of mine explain it to me in a way that makes it almost laughable when people do this stupid crap.

Doing what they are doing is like saying:

"I'll wait til I lose the weight then I'll start working out"
"I'll wait til I make some money, then I'll start saving"
"I'll wait til the fire gives me heat, then I'll put a log in"

Idiots, put some Bison stuff out and then it will sell.

scheelsguy
08-30-2011, 11:24 PM

I am sorry that you have to deal with that there, but keep fighting the good fight. Whether or not they bring in more NDSU product will be determined by the number of people asking for it. That store has the ability to order the same product as the Fargo location! However, I have enjoyed sending Bison product out west (directly to the customer) simply because they haven't carried much there.

Bison06
08-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I am sorry that you have to deal with that there, but keep fighting the good fight. Whether or not they bring in more NDSU product will be determined by the number of people asking for it. That store has the ability to order the same product as the Fargo location! However, I have enjoyed sending Bison product out west (directly to the customer) simply because they haven't carried much there.

I have no knowledge of the retail clothing business as I have no doubt you do, but that seems like horrible logic.

Maybe I am different than most, but I wouldn't be very likely to ask for something, I would just see they didn't have it and then be pissed and move on.

Maybe there isn't that many Bison fans out there, but it's tough to sell something you don't have on the shelves.

Twentysix
08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
I have no knowledge of the retail clothing business as I have no doubt you do, but that seems like horrible logic.

Maybe I am different than most, but I wouldn't be very likely to ask for something, I would just see they didn't have it and then be pissed and move on.
Maybe there isn't that many Bison fans out there, but it's tough to sell something you don't have on the shelves.

I think most people are like that.

Bison bison
08-30-2011, 11:54 PM

they look like zubaz.

scheelsguy
08-30-2011, 11:55 PM

I can't disagree! I have expressed my thoughts to them plenty of times also. However, I can't make them do anything. I can only try and make my shop better. I will again mention this to my those who have some say in the Bismarck and Minot stores.

Bison bison
08-30-2011, 11:55 PM
This is a classic business mistake that so many people make. I have had a mentor of mine explain it to me in a way that makes it almost laughable when people do this stupid crap.

Doing what they are doing is like saying:

"I'll wait til I lose the weight then I'll start working out"
"I'll wait til I make some money, then I'll start saving"
"I'll wait til the fire gives me heat, then I'll put a log in"

So that's why my wife left me.

80ALUM
08-31-2011, 01:13 AM

Hey thanks for the info. That's good to know. Clerk was really polite and promised to mention my request also.

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2011, 01:42 AM
I might have to make a trip to scheels. I own one yellow shirt and my pregnant wife says she gets to wear it as hers don't fit. Depends if I get time or not

CAS4127
08-31-2011, 02:07 AM
I might have to make a trip to scheels. I own one yellow shirt and my pregnant wife says she gets to wear it as hers don't fit. Depends if I get time or not

Congrats!! Who is the father?!

I keeeed, I effin keeeeeeeeed!

Thread drift!!

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Some posters on this thread are acting as though Scheels has never tried to sell Bison gear and just decided from day 1 not to carry it. Don't you think that the folks at Scheel's are wise enough to figure this stuff out? Just because posters at Bisonville demand Bison gear doesn't mean that there is sufficient demand to justify increased supply.

I don't have a clue what the UND/NDSU fan breakdown looks like in Biz, but I do know that Scheels didn't build their business on backwards logic or poorly educated guesses about demand.

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Well we were shopping last weekend and my 5 year old picked out 2 outfits for the baby that she thought we should buy, one if it has "white" skin and one if it has "dark" skin. I just looked at my wife and I told her It better be the first one.

No_Skill
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Some posters on this thread are acting as though Scheels has never tried to sell Bison gear and just decided from day 1 not to carry it. Don't you think that the folks at Scheel's are wise enough to figure this stuff out? Just because posters at Bisonville demand Bison gear doesn't mean that there is sufficient demand to justify increased supply.

I don't have a clue what the UND/NDSU fan breakdown looks like in Biz, but I do know that Scheels didn't build their business on backwards logic or poorly educated guesses about demand.

Don't bring logic into this argument! I want more Bison merch in Bismarck!!! :mad:

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:33 AM
Don't bring logic into this argument! I want more Bison merch in Bismarck!!! :mad:

I've been to Bismarck twice in my life so I'm probably not qualified nor do I really care about Bismarck but I have a tough time believing Bismarck has no Bison fans. Like most things, its supply and demand driven. I typically don't ask for something if I don't see it and I highly doubt they keep track of all requests. Considering Bismarck has no real teams on any level it seems natural for the people to follow what's on TV. Bison, Sioux, Vikes, and Twins.

MinotBison
08-31-2011, 02:41 AM
The Scheels in Minot has a fair amount of Bison gear. Just not alot of it is yellow, though. Will take one more look before I head to Fargo and then stop by the Scheels there to see what's available.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 02:42 AM

As a business owner, I can guarantee you that I never sell 100.00% of merchandise I don't have.

I will also concede that MNRiverBison has a point in that I also track what sells and what doesn't sell. However, I sure as hell give my customer a better explanation than "This isn't Fargo". That's a pretty damn ignorant response.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:47 AM
However, I sure as hell give my customer a better explanation than "This isn't Fargo". That's a pretty damn ignorant response.

No doubt. I'm sure Scheelsguy cringed when he read that. Probably a chance to "retrain" some of the floor staff.

all2matt
08-31-2011, 03:26 AM
I noticed a lot of people against the GOLD RUSH idea, i can say once you do the "color" out no matter what color you'll love it.

i have season tix to the IOWA games and my wife and i drive down from bismarck for 3-4 games a yr. the black out or gold bowl or the stripped thing we started doing last yr makes for an awesome view inside the stadium. the game just seems bigger when everyone is solidified as a solid unit in the stadium/dome.

the gold thing is cool in the sence that its so bright on TV, it would make the fargodome look damn sweet.

p.s. GO HAWKS and please beat down those goofers :-)

Hammersmith
08-31-2011, 03:34 AM

One problem is that this mentality is not so good when conditions change. Say Bison gear doesn't sell well in BisMan for several years and the college apparel manager isn't interested in pushing it. With little Bison apparel in the store, shoppers come to expect they won't find it there. Then something changes. Maybe the Bison go DI, or win at MN, or sign a couple popular BisMan kids. Shoppers in BisMan are now interested in buying Bison gear, but they know they won't find any at Scheels. So they go looking somewhere else and spend their money elsewhere.

Not saying this is actually happening in BisMan, but it could. This is where a good floor manager can make or break your section's profit margin.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 03:53 AM
One problem is that this mentality is not so good when conditions change. Say Bison gear doesn't sell well in BisMan for several years and the college apparel manager isn't interested in pushing it. With little Bison apparel in the store, shoppers come to expect they won't find it there. Then something changes. Maybe the Bison go DI, or win at MN, or sign a couple popular BisMan kids. Shoppers in BisMan are now interested in buying Bison gear, but they know they won't find any at Scheels. So they go looking somewhere else and spend their money elsewhere.

Not saying this is actually happening in BisMan, but it could. This is where a good floor manager can make or break your section's profit margin.
Bingo. It's called staying in tune with the market, even when the market goes against one's personal bias...

BadlandsBison
08-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Bingo. It's called staying in tune with the market, even when the market goes against one's personal bias...

This bothers me a lot. Its Scheels, people expect Bison gear to be there. Bismarck needs a tune up.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 05:30 AM
This bothers me a lot. Its Scheels, people expect Bison gear to be there. Bismarck needs a tune up.

Yeah but its still target in my heart, and target will sell sioux gear. Seriously, I was walking through target right before school started and they had an entire wall full of sioux gear. (bismarck target)

KilldeerBison
08-31-2011, 06:04 AM

I have a hard time believing that there is not adaquate demand for Bison stuff in the Bismarck area. Currently, NDSU has quite a few athletes on its rosters from western ND. Personally, I would spend much more than I do, if there was a choice. Like others have stated, blaming the consumer for not consuming enough is pretty lame, when you offer very little product. I don't think Scheels uses backward logic, but the Bismarck Scheels is missing a great opportunity to sell alot more Bison stuff.

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 06:21 AM
[/B]
I have a hard time believing that there is not adaquate demand for Bison stuff in the Bismarck area. Currently, NDSU has quite a few athletes on its rosters from western ND. Personally, I would spend much more than I do, if there was a choice. Like others have stated, blaming the consumer for not consuming enough is pretty lame, when you offer very little product. I don't think Scheels uses backward logic, but the Bismarck Scheels is missing a great opportunity to sell alot more Bison stuff.

Bismarck/Mandan is getting to the point where their athletics teams are starting to produce better athletes, not necessarily on par with Fargo, but the standard is slowly rising to make those diamonds in the rough a little more common rather than a once-every-few years thing. NDSU just needs to stay on top of those kids that are DI-worthy, and the fans will come around.

SDbison
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Doesn't make sense to me that any Scheels in North Dakota doesn't have close to equal amounts of Bison and Sioux clothing, etc. Of course, the stores in Fargo and Grand Forks should appropriately be stocked with significantly more of the local universities items.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 10:18 AM
OK, I'm throwing in the towel. You guys win. Scheel's clearly puts old assumptions or personal bias above their profits. It's a wonder they've been able to stay in business. I'm surprised that with all of the business savvy in this thread (with no personal bias or assumptions of our own of course) we haven't started the next juggernaut retail corporation. I'm sure "I like this product so cleary we should carry lots of it" business strategy will be taught from Standford to Harvard once we revolutionize it.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
OK, I'm throwing in the towel. You guys win. Scheel's clearly puts old assumptions or personal bias above their profits. It's a wonder they've been able to stay in business. I'm surprised that with all of the business savvy in this thread (with no personal bias or assumptions of our own of course) we haven't started the next juggernaut retail corporation. I'm sure "I like this product so cleary we should carry lots of it" business strategy will be taught from Standford to Harvard once we revolutionize it.

Welcome to bisonville. We know everything. You are wrong. The exit is behind you.

Just teasing, but really youre on bisonville.

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
It's just the way it is, people treat UND like a big deal in the state. IMO it has mainly to do with butthockey, it is shoved down everyone's throats. Bismarck is a big hockey town, lots of lawyers, lots of doctors, lots of natives. It's a huge UND town, when I lived there I came to accept it. Even here, I saw a flier for an elementary hockey club/program and the kids were wearing UND colored jerseys even though the highschool is orange & black. I personally blame our marketing department and the ignorance of the people. Lots of people still think FCS is a lower division than DII, they don't understand at all when it comes to football. You may ask why I said natives, go to the mall on a saturday in Biz and count the number of natives wearing Sioux jerseys, it is crazy.

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
It's just the way it is, people treat UND like a big deal in the state. IMO it has mainly to do with butthockey, it is shoved down everyone's throats. Bismarck is a big hockey town, lots of lawyers, lots of doctors, lots of natives. It's a huge UND town, when I lived there I came to accept it. Even here, I saw a flier for an elementary hockey club/program and the kids were wearing UND colored jerseys even though the highschool is orange & black. I personally blame our marketing department and the ignorance of the people. Lots of people still think FCS is a lower division than DII, they don't understand at all.

People will cheer for NDSU if they bring home championships. UND has a successful hockey program. People will cheer for the only hockey team in the state, just the way it is. But when NDSU and UND play football, I'd probably assume that NDSU has more support than UND. People know NDSU for football. You ask people who are in any way, shape, or form who the more successful football program is they will say NDSU. My sister was absolutely shocked to hear that UND has won more nickel games than NDSU. I'm interested though in what year did the AC become NDSU and what was the nickel count after that. I know NDSU became a premier D2 school in the 60's.

Back to the YELLOW OUT, just wear yellow. But more importantly, get the dome rocking.

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 01:14 PM
People will cheer for NDSU if they bring home championships. UND has a successful hockey program. People will cheer for the only hockey team in the state, just the way it is. But when NDSU and UND play football, I'd probably assume that NDSU has more support than UND. People know NDSU for football. You ask people who are in any way, shape, or form who the more successful football program is they will say NDSU. My sister was absolutely shocked to hear that UND has won more nickel games than NDSU. I'm interested though in what year did the AC become NDSU and what was the nickel count after that. I know NDSU became a premier D2 school in the 60's.

Back to the YELLOW OUT, just wear yellow. But more importantly, get the dome rocking.

Part of the problem with football is that they totally dominated us in the 90's, our program was on the verge if extinction a few of those years, people don't forget. I recall some folks in the lunch line at St.A's 3 years ago talking about how the Sioux were going to dominate the new D2 football league, seriously.

344Johnson
08-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Part of the problem with football is that they totally dominated us in the 90's, our program was on the verge if extinction a few of those years, people don't forget. I recall some folks in the lunch line at St.A's 3 years ago talking about how the Sioux were going to dominate the new D2 football league, seriously.

If I recall correctly we knocked them out of the playoffs in '95 or '96? Either way, yes NDSU got rolled hard which really makes no sense, football is king in Fargo and we definitely had awesome facilities (I think we still do). I would love for UND to get 3rd in the BSC four or five years into BSC play and then we welcome them to Fargo for the playoffs. NDSU 42 UND 13.

Also if people are still respecting UND as a good program wouldn't it be wise for NDSU to schedule a home and home immediately and put that outdated argument to rest? Right now NDSU is probably as good as we have been in some time assuming we live up to the expectations surrounding the program. Time to put UND to bed.

Bison06
08-31-2011, 01:49 PM

I would say if you even have one request for something that should have been on the shelves in the first place and isn't, then they are clearly doing exactly what you are saying.

I don't pretend to know what Scheels' target market is, but someone who walks in looking for apparel from the most well known football team in a 500 mile radius would be high on my priority list if I ran Scheels.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 01:58 PM

They beat us but I wouldn't say dominated. Since 1990 UND leads the series 9-5 not included 2 times they met in the playoffs and split. Both teams won a National Championship. 3 out of the last 4 were decided by 1 score and 2 went into overtime. Domination would be the 80s and early 90s when NDSU won 11 in a row with scores like 49-0, 21-0, 31-7, 62-13, and 42-10. UND kicked our ass 3 times. We kicked their ass 8 times. I define an ass kicking as a 3 score win.

VanClubPres
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey did you guys hear that we should wear yellow for the opener?

TransAmBison
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey did you guys hear that we should wear yellow for the opener?
Where did you hear this? Was this on the TPS cover sheet? NDB2 keeps forgetting the cover sheet.

Bison bison
08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Dammit.

''''''''''''

4mcruenomore
08-31-2011, 02:38 PM
I am going to borrow one of TABS hockey jerseys to wear

Bisonfan1
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
I am going to borrow one of TABS hockey jerseys to wear

why? Tab knitted over 300 garments just like his. First come, first served this Saturday. he predicts he can knit at least another 25 during the game barring having to chase the kids up and down the stands all game long. BTW - get there early as Answear Guy wants to be first in line.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
I would say if you even have one request for something that should have been on the shelves in the first place and isn't, then they are clearly doing exactly what you are saying.

I don't pretend to know what Scheels' target market is, but someone who walks in looking for apparel from the most well known football team in a 500 mile radius would be high on my priority list if I ran Scheels.

Reread your post. It is full of bias and assumption. You don't pretend to know what their target market is, but you have no problem assuming that most of their customers are just like you and that obviously they should have tons of NDSU gear "in the first place. Also no problem with a store being required to carry inventory on any item that they get even one request for? You can't be serious.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Reread your post. It is full of bias and assumption. You don't pretend to know what their target market is, but you have no problem assuming that most of their customers are just like you and that obviously they should have tons of NDSU gear "in the first place. Also no problem with a store being required to carry inventory on any item that they get even one request for? You can't be serious.

I spent many years in retail and unless the product really sucks, people generally buy what you try to sell them. Having the product influences how people buy. Should Bismarck Scheels have as much stuff as Fargo? Absolutely not. But they should have a nice selection. I would imagine the 3-8 season hurt the demand a little. NDSU/UND should be split down the middle. Bring it in and they will buy. If they don't, just ship it off to Fargo.

pwbnd
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
FYI - Some yellow shirts for sale right now at the union for 2 bucks...some sort of fundraiser for on campus groups. Out in front of the bookstore.

Bisonfan1
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
FYI - Some yellow shirts for sale right now at the union for 2 bucks...some sort of fundraiser for on campus groups. Out in front of the bookstore.

HAMMER DOWN PL, you dont want to miss this !! Fundraiser for on campus groups a good thing. Cant beat that price for any type of shirt.

DjKyRo
08-31-2011, 04:36 PM
HAMMER DOWN PL, you dont want to miss this !! Fundraiser for on campus groups a good thing. Cant beat that price for any type of shirt.

Also selling these on the east patio of the Memorial Union, old Thunderstock T-shirts from last spring. They're available out there until 3:00 pm as part of the student organization expo.

HerdBot
08-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Very cool. Two bucks is a price anyone can afford. Even broke ass students.

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Very cool. Two bucks is a price anyone can afford. Even broke ass students.

and all of us just have so much time to run all the way up north to buy a 2 dollar shirt..

Bison06
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM

My basis for saying "they should have in the first place" comes from a lot of interest from posters on this board saying they would like to see it in the stores (ie demand) and also ScheelsGuy saying he ships NDSU products out west all of the time(again demand).

So to help me understand the Scheels in Bismarck scenario a little better because I don't live there, are we saying that they have never had a good selection of NDSU gear or that they used to and people just didn't buy it so they pulled it off the shelves?

If the second scenario is true, then I can at least understand where they are coming from, but the market has surely changed since NDSU moved to Divison I and they may want to re-visit the conversation.

If the first scenario is true, then it is simply a conversation of if it's not available to buy, how do you know if there is a demand for it?

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
That's true that we don't know how they've come to develop their current merchandising strategy in Bismarck. Which is exactly why we aren't qualified to question their method.

But I'm sure if the Bison gear started moving better they would find some more square footage for it.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
That's true that we don't know how they've come to develop their current merchandising strategy in Bismarck. Which is exactly why we aren't qualified to question their method.

But I'm sure if the Bison gear started moving better they would find some more square footage for it.

I found ndsu stuff in billings at scheels.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM

Actually, I think I'm absolutely uniquely qualified to question the results. I'm a customer, or at least a potential customer. Depends on if they have the merchandise I'm looking for. Which brings us back to:

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/pha0110l.jpg

In addition, I would still presume to question the method used to obtain results. Whether or not they answer is their call.

Tatanka
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
I found ndsu stuff in billings at scheels.

So, Billings is in Fargo? I'm confused.

Twentysix
08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
They had a Beanie a shirt and a hoodie. Pretty good for 600 miles away.

Msu and the grizzly were both represented pretty equally as far as I remember.

mnriverbison
08-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Actually, I think I'm absolutely uniquely qualified to question the results. I'm a customer, or at least a potential customer.

If only they had unlimited retail and storage space, then they could provide everything that everyone (we're all potential customers after all) wants.

Bison06
08-31-2011, 10:07 PM
If only they had unlimited retail and storage space, then they could provide everything that everyone (we're all potential customers after all) wants.

Even though I am supporting the other side of our discussion here, I agree with you that if it were profitable for them to carry a larger selection of Bison gear you would assume they would. I just hate the idea that anywhere in ND, with the exception of GF, would sell more UND gear than NDSU gear.

ndsubison1
08-31-2011, 10:45 PM
As a business owner, I can guarantee you that I never sell 100.00% of merchandise I don't have.

I will also concede that MNRiverBison has a point in that I also track what sells and what doesn't sell. However, I sure as hell give my customer a better explanation than "This isn't Fargo". That's a pretty damn ignorant response.

yeah why would the Fargo State University Bison have gear in Bismarck :confused: ;)

ndsubison1
08-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Bismarck/Mandan is getting to the point where their athletics teams are starting to produce better athletes, not necessarily on par with Fargo, but the standard is slowly rising to make those diamonds in the rough a little more common rather than a once-every-few years thing. NDSU just needs to stay on top of those kids that are DI-worthy, and the fans will come around.

ndsu has always had bismarck recruits

Tatanka
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM

:D Nicely played. However, don't you think even for a split second that there's something else afoot here? Well, anyway, bottom line. I vote with my pocketbook. If they don't want my coin, great. I'll be happy to spend it elsewhere.

BigBison
09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Go To scheels and Get your Gold and GLOW IN THE DARK shirts!!!! :judges:

Northside Bison
09-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Come on people! I know we don't have near the same amount of people, but how can you not want to be a part of something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hIQiDkz6s&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Doing something like this may create more excitement and build an even greater home-field advantage. There's nothing to lose other than maybe $10 to buy a yellow shirt.

DjKyRo
09-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Doing something like this may create more excitement and build an even greater home-field advantage. There's nothing to lose other than maybe $10 to buy a yellow shirt.

Not even $10, we got rid of a ton of spring Thundarstock t-shirts for $2 a crack today.

IzzyFlexion
09-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Go To scheels and Get your Gold and GLOW IN THE DARK shirts!!!! :judges:

Buy 2 and get a free geiger counter.

No_Skill
09-01-2011, 11:39 PM
No excuses now...wear yellow

btw

http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2011/09/01/31068d19f8d77543320dc37acc848024.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

JustinTyem
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
No excuses now...wear yellow

btw

http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2011/09/01/31068d19f8d77543320dc37acc848024.gif (http://www.sparklee.com)

WHOOT,WHOOT,WHOOT :judges:

SlickVic
09-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Ima wear all black just like johnny straight up cash homey

Twentysix
09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
There is an awesome yellow and black NDSU jersey. I hope we alternate to that for a game sometime.

primary color is black, secondary is yellow.

ndsubison1
09-02-2011, 12:31 AM
saw a lafayette fan at the bison block party

moosbah
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Until they can make that place as loud as Dacotah Field was, they shouldn't worry about fan fashion. They should worry more about fan passion.

Sorry, got possessed by Nipsy Russell.

CHADSTAUS
09-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Until they can make that place as loud as Dacotah Field was, they shouldn't worry about fan fashion. They should worry more about fan passion.

Sorry, got possessed by Nipsy Russell.

Coundn't agree more.

Thunder_Struck
09-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I would say the Dome is loader the Dacotah Field.

HerdBot
09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I would say the Dome is loader the Dacotah Field.

Agree. Many were college aged back then so their crowd was younger and rowdier. Now many of them are sitting next to a senior citizen in a teammakers section. Back 20 years ago Dacotah Field has its share of senior citizens too. Due to tailgating I think the crowd pos probably a bit more liquored up these days. Tailgating back in the 80s was a fraction of what it is now.

344Johnson
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
So is the discussion about people not wanting to wear yellow because NDSU is a GREEN and yellow school dying as a result of Bohl announcing the yellow jerseys? :blush:

BisonBabe
09-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Picked up 4 new yellow/gold shirts for the family for the game tomorrow. Just had to have the glow in the dark shirts.

Green-N-Gold
09-03-2011, 01:02 AM
Agree. Many were college aged back then so their crowd was younger and rowdier. Now many of them are sitting next to a senior citizen in a teammakers section. Back 20 years ago Dacotah Field has its share of senior citizens too. Due to tailgating I think the crowd pos probably a bit more liquored up these days. Tailgating back in the 80s was a fraction of what it is now.

I would disagree. We drank just as much, but it was AT THE GAME.

Wally
09-03-2011, 01:51 AM
I would disagree. We drank just as much, but it was AT THE GAME.

No doubt. I remember watching my old man and others pass around many abottles. Gawd it was fun driving drunken fools when I was12:)

No_Skill
09-03-2011, 02:26 AM
Well, I gotta tell ya guys, as much as I'd love a real "yellow out" game I'm prepared to be quite underwhelmed tomorrow.

NDSUstudent
09-03-2011, 02:48 AM
I was at Scheels tonight and talked to a few people that work there and they said yellow shirts have been flying off the shelves all day. The yellow out push seems to be catching on and this is coming from somebody who has always been a doubter.

I almost always wear green but tomorrow I'll be going with yellow, just picked up a new shirt.

No_Skill
09-03-2011, 02:56 AM
So, I'm watching the Baylor vs TCU game and they zoom in to the student section. What do I see on the t-shirts..."Gold Rush"

I can't believe they stole that from us. :facepalm2:

Twentysix
09-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Well, I gotta tell ya guys, as much as I'd love a real "yellow out" game I'm prepared to be quite underwhelmed tomorrow.

I am aswell.

If we can have 8 sections (outside the student section) look 75% like the student section I would be impressed(minus the empty seats that i expect..).

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/ET/ETUYVPZBCOVNHTT.20101005154505.jpg

56BISON73
09-03-2011, 03:19 AM
I was at Scheels tonight and talked to a few people that work there and they said yellow shirts have been flying off the shelves all day. The yellow out push seems to be catching on and this is coming from somebody who has always been a doubter.

I almost always wear green but tomorrow I'll be going with yellow, just picked up a new shirt.

Traitor:( :)

NDSUstudent
09-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Traitor:( :)

The peer pressure got to me...plus this shirt supposedly glows in the dark making the yellow affect extra intimidating.

AjaxTheMighty
09-03-2011, 02:08 PM
The absolute stubbornness of these old farts who refuse to wear one of our school colors is really funny! Reminds me of a quote a co- worker used to have in their email signature line. I am too lazy to look up the author.
“Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.”

Bison"FANatic"
09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
For the first time in 5 years the green jersey will be staying in the closet and in its place a "gold" Feel the Thunder shirt will be worn. Damn peer pressure I kind of feel like a lemming.:) :) :)

AjaxTheMighty
09-03-2011, 02:29 PM
For the first time in 5 years the green jersey will be staying in the closet and in its place a "gold" Feel the Thunder shirt will be worn. Damn peer pressure I kind of feel like a lemming.:) :) :)

Are you tailgating Bison FANatic? There will be plenty of beer...um, I mean peer pressure there if you are in the right lots!

AjaxTheMighty
09-03-2011, 02:32 PM
It's gonna look awesome in there tonite!! Hopefully DJ and co. Outshine all he yellow and new lights!! Proud to be a Bison!!

Bison"FANatic"
09-03-2011, 02:35 PM
We wont make it out till about 4, some crazy excuse about 8+ months pregnant and getting wore out easily that the wife pulled out. Heck I have looked like I am pregnant for 10 years and I still have energy.:) :) :) :)

A1pigskin
09-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I like the new yellow uniforms.

No_Skill
09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I like them too, but just to be sure I think I'll need to see one in the endzone before I make my final decision.

56BISON73
09-04-2011, 04:07 AM
The absolute stubbornness of these old farts who refuse to wear one of our school colors is really funny! Reminds me of a quote a co- worker used to have in their email signature line. I am too lazy to look up the author.
“Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.”

Everyone I saw was either dressed in Green or Yellow. It was 50-50. Fail on the yellow out.!!!!!

DjKyRo
09-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Just pointing out that we're 1-0 in yellow jerseys and average 42.0 PPG.

BlueBisonRock
09-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Everyone I saw was either dressed in Green or Yellow. It was 50-50. Fail on the yellow out.!!!!!

However one rabid fan and a pervayor of the green showed his true colors at tailgating!!!! Dogs howled and cats hid under the buses while the clouds opened up and sent a ray of sunlight into the Horny Bison section.

My hat is off to you!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2011/DSC_0062.jpg

TransAmBison
09-04-2011, 04:25 AM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/DSC_0229.jpg

Even sportin' teh horns...

56BISON73
09-04-2011, 04:29 AM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/DSC_0229.jpg

Even sportin' teh horns...

We also served 40 Gyros today:hungry:

344Johnson
09-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Just pointing out that we're 1-0 in yellow jerseys and average 42.0 PPG.

Fact. Perhaps we should pull them out on a few road games. If I remember correctly, Yellow is a light enough color we might be able to get away with it?

DjKyRo
09-04-2011, 04:44 AM
However one rabid fan and a pervayor of the green showed his true colors at tailgating!!!! Dogs howled and cats hid under the buses while the clouds opened up and sent a ray of sunlight into the Horny Bison section.

My hat is off to you!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2011/DSC_0062.jpg

Big ups to PL for donning the team jersey color! I was definitely intimidated by the yellow.

BigBison
09-04-2011, 07:17 AM
I liked the yellow jerseys and thought about 50% of the crowd had yellow on not bad.

Twentysix
09-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I liked the yellow jerseys and thought about 50% of the crowd had yellow on not bad.

I would be up for another game in yellow. However not the next one.

Rotating somewhat and more green than yellow would be fine with me.

I really do hope that these jerseys do see the light of day again soon...I feel like alot of schools use a new jersey once then never again.

A1pigskin
09-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Just a thought, the free yellow shirts should be handed out to those not wearing yellow.

344Johnson
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
“What a great atmostphere,” Tavani said. “I am really envious of their student participation. We lack some of that at our place.”

HerdBot
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
“What a great atmostphere,” Tavani said. “I am really envious of their student participation. We lack some of that at our place.”

I though the students were awesome. I thought the rest of the crowd was so so. It always seems to take a week to get back in football mood and the game was really anti climatic. Its not like the outcome of the game was ever in doubt.

chuckles
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Great job by the yell leaders in their debut!! I was very impressed by how many students stuck around the entire game, even in a blow out.

344Johnson
09-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Great job by the yell leaders in their debut!! I was very impressed by how many students stuck around the entire game, even in a blow out.

I think this might go to show that high expectations at the start of the season drastically changes student attendence. Last year we were coming off a bad year, most students around campus deem football irrelevant. This year, high expectations, students around campus want to go watch football.

Rockbear99
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
PL looked great in yellow.

56BISON73
09-05-2011, 06:37 PM
PL looked great in yellow.

Stop it!!!! Now they are going to expect it all the time.

HerdBot
09-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Yeah great job! Shows what a little coordination can do. Wonder how it would work to add an extra one to get the other sections going? Our section didn't have much going on. I was even a bit less animated. Blowouts do that