PDA

View Full Version : Matt Eggen

bisonwood
08-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Any insiders have information? Matt Eggen (OL) was offered in 2010 but picked MN, he has left the team. Rumor is he might transfer to NDSU. He was a Rivals 5.5, 3 star.

mnriverbison
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Do you have a link or source for the rumor that he might transfer to NDSU?

JustinTyem
08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?30957-Matt-Eggen-has-left-the-program

mnriverbison
08-11-2011, 04:59 PM
That is the source!? For those who don't want to waste their time clicking on the link, there is a thread on gopherhole about Eggen leaving, and LakesBison chimes in that NDSU offered him out of high school and hopefully he'll join the Bison. In other words, our source is that LakesBison hopes Eggen will be Bison.

Which is promptly followed by a poster on Ghole posting this;

Every single player who leaves or doesn't get offered by the U, he'll post a little blurb about them going to NDSU. Seriously, he will do it for EVERY single kid. He did it for Royce White leaving the basketball program. At least this time, Lakesbison didn't pretend he had some inside info on the situation.

Anyone who knows anything about Royce White knows how laughable that situation is.

Not exactly a reliable rumor worthy of our consideration. Hell, I hope Eggen becomes a Bison. I also hope Terrell Prior decides to come here too once the NFL tells him to wait a year. May as well start a "Terrell Prior" thread.

Bryan
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
i think it's much more likely that Eggen ends up at RiverFalls or some other D3 Wisconsin WIAC school. He had injury issues that really limited what he was able to do so it's also possible he may not play again.

THEsocalledfan
08-11-2011, 06:46 PM
So, has Tony considered lifting his ban on Lakes? We nearly missed this new future Bison because he is no longer here!

MNLonghorn10
08-11-2011, 07:01 PM
whyd they ban lakes? he did nothing.

FREE LAKES HERE!

THEsocalledfan
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM

FREE LAKES HERE!

There is a whole thread of what went down. Can't remember where that is, but he certainly earned it. I admit I kind of hope Tony eventually relents as I can't help but miss his juvenile antics.

mnriverbison
08-11-2011, 07:45 PM
So, has Tony considered lifting his ban on Lakes? We nearly missed this new future Bison because he is no longer here!

There was some talk about Eggen in the recruiting discussion thread. Probably more than was warranted even in that case because again, stop me if you've heard this before, the source linking him to NDSU was simply LakesBison wishing it would be so on another team's message board.

Da Bison
08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Steve Threet??

southcliffbison
08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
There was some talk about Eggen in the recruiting discussion thread. Probably more than was warranted even in that case because again, stop me if you've heard this before, the source linking him to NDSU was simply LakesBison wishing it would be so on another team's message board.

Read the ghole thread regarding Eggen; apparently there are academica
issues involved. So, my question is if he can't cut it in the classroom at UM, how in God's green earth will he cut it at NDSU? Sounds like the junior college route to me, ala Sam Maresh.

bisonmike2
08-11-2011, 08:32 PM
In Lakesbison's perfect world, the Bison would entirely consist of kids from Minnesota (especially the Lakes conference) and U of M cast-offs. Notice I'm not limiting this statement to just the football team.

HerdBot
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM

FREE LAKES HERE!

Besides threatening a Senator and making us all look bad...

bisonmike2
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Besides threatening a Senator and making us all look bad...

That State Senator barely qualifies as a human being. I'll give Lakes a pass on that one.

DjKyRo
08-11-2011, 08:48 PM
# 15!!

roadwarrior
08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
# 15!!

He's already got a jersey number! Sweet.

Minneapolis Jack
08-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Are you so sure that Bisonwood isn't Lakes? He only has 2 posts.

I mean obviously the punctuation isn't Lakes-esque but I'm sure he's itchin' to get back to posting on Bisonville.

DjKyRo
08-11-2011, 09:09 PM
In Lakesbison's perfect world, the Bison would entirely consist of kids from Minnesota (especially the Lakes conference) and U of M cast-offs. Notice I'm not limiting this statement to just the football team.

With the equal-but-opposite aspirations of 4mcrue to populate all sports teams with only western North Dakota natives, it's incredible the two haven't consumed each other and Bisonville in a matter-antimatter mutual-annihilation type of obliteration.

bisonwood
08-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Bisonwood is Lakesbison? Who is this Lakesbison you speak off? Seriously, please do not associate me with him/her.