PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Fan Board

pwbnd
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM
This may have been posted elsewhere, but if not, here's a fan message board for Lafayette. Looks like they have a few active posters...

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/index.php

JSUBison
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Doesn't appear that anybody has gone over there yet to "pump it up".

I'll put the Over/Under at 12 hours.

MNLonghorn10
08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
dear god...that is some old ass software.

MOTBison
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Not much activity over there.

pwbnd
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Not much activity over there.

They're not very quick on their new member approval process. I registered a few days ago and still haven't been approved to post...Just wanted to say hello.

17>1
08-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Same here. Still waiting.

pwbnd
08-19-2011, 07:49 PM
FYI - Just for giggles, I tried logging in to their board again just now and it worked. I was able to post, no problem.

I never got an email stating that my account was now active, but it appears that it is.

Pards Rule
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
FYI - Just for giggles, I tried logging in to their board again just now and it worked. I was able to post, no problem.

I never got an email stating that my account was now active, but it appears that it is.

I believ eit is autoactive - like it clicks in 24 hours...We dont have the "support staff" :(

Bogie
08-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Bogie here - from the Lafayette board. Our forum is sort of of old-fashioned, kind of like our team. Just bear with it - we like it that way. Trust me, no offense intended.

There's an 80 percent chance I'll be in Fargo for the opener (God willing). I'm really looking forward to it. I'm supposed to be staying at the Radisson. I hope this is a good choice.

Just do me one tiny favor - bring us the scalp of MplsBison on a platter if you would.

:hide:

roadwarrior
08-22-2011, 07:17 PM
There's an 80 percent chance I'll be in Fargo for the opener (God willing). I'm really looking forward to it. I'm supposed to be staying at the Radisson. I hope this is a good choice.

That is a good choice. Downtown Fargo is a great place to stay. We will welcome you at the tailgate lot at 1pm saturday. (west side of dome)

mnriverbison
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
You'll like that hotel and probably be surprised by the relative vibrancy of downtown Fargo.

What's up with MSPBison?

pwbnd
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I hope we can all behave ourselves on our new friends' board. :)

tony
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I hope we can all behave ourselves on our new friends' board. :)

Premptive :facepalm:.

Lakesbison: NDSU's Unofficial Dumbassador.

MNLonghorn10
08-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Ha! Go lakes!

Pards Rule
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
You'll like that hotel and probably be surprised by the relative vibrancy of downtown Fargo.

What's up with MSPBison?

How close is it to downtown Fargo?

roadwarrior
08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
The Radisson is in downtown Fargo. The Fargodome is about 2 miles from there.

TheBisonator
08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
How close is it to downtown Fargo?

The Radisson is also the tallest building in the city (19 stories, 207 feet tall), so you won't feel too out of place from the dense east coast... :)

Bison"FANatic"
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
The Radisson is also the tallest building in the city (19 stories, 207 feet tall), so you won't feel too out of place from the dense east coast... :)

Just that he will be able to see for miles and miles.

Notorious
08-24-2011, 07:36 PM

...should be able to see Billings on a clear day.

mnriverbison
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I've never ventured to an opponent board before, but I'm considering it today just to make them aware that LakesBison is banned from his own home message board and shouldn't be considered a fair representation of NDSU or our fans. Hopefully "Pard" fans who read this board can pass the message along.

CAS4127
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Certainly should be able to see the Fargo Dome--just look off to the north west. You will also see it when you fly in, and as you drive by it when you taxi or drive to downtown Fargo. At about that time, you will be pounding your head against the wall and wondering why the hell you didn't stay at one of the 3 hotels with walking/crawling distance of the Dome and several, popular Bar and Grills!

Bison"FANatic"
08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
no damage so far as it must be someone else logged in as Lakes because it seems the person is trolling for guys with the only post so far.

344Johnson
08-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Bogie here - from the Lafayette board. Our forum is sort of of old-fashioned, kind of like our team. Just bear with it - we like it that way. Trust me, no offense intended.

Just do me one tiny favor - bring us the scalp of MplsBison on a platter if you would.

Downtown Fargo! You can either party after the game cause of a Leopard victory....or drink your sorrows away at a ton of bars because of a loss. Win-Win situation for you.

mnriverbison
08-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Certainly should be able to see the Fargo Dome--just look off to the north west. You will also see it when you fly in, and as you drive by it when you taxi or drive to downtown Fargo. At about that time, you will be pounding your head against the wall and wondering why the hell you didn't stay at one of the 3 hotels with walking/crawling distance of the Dome and several, popular Bar and Grills!

I guess it is a matter of personal preference and we're talking about a five minute drive in traffic, but I'd point an out-of-towner to downtown hotels for a game 10 times out of 10. Much more variety and activity at night and a chance to see an area which is unique to Fargo. The 19th and Uni area could literally be in any small Midwestern city. While BWW and Applebees are fine places indeed, someone from out of town may prefer a night out that is somewhat "Fargo".

CAS4127
08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I guess it is a matter of personal preference and we're talking about a five minute drive in traffic, but I'd point an out-of-towner to downtown hotels for a game 10 times out of 10. Much more variety and activity at night and a chance to see an area which is unique to Fargo. The 19th and Uni area could literally be in any small Midwestern city. While BWW and Applebees are fine places indeed, someone from out of town may prefer a night out that is somewhat "Fargo".

Labby's too, but I would likely stay downtown too if I were not familiar with Fargo.

BISONBRI53
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Head to Rooter's after the after game tailgating is done. Good times there:cheers:

GradBison
08-24-2011, 09:17 PM

I count 2 hotels with the Days Inn and the Candlewood. I'm curious if there's really a third?

CAS4127
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I count 2 hotels with the Days Inn and the Candlewood. I'm curious if there's really a third?

Isn't there two on the south side of 19th west of the dome now?! If there isn't, then my bad--thought there was!! If there is, that would make 3 when including the Days Inn.

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Isn't there two on the south side of 19th west of the dome now?! If there isn't, then my bad--thought there was!! If there is, that would make 3 when including the Days Inn.

Well, teh tailgating lot might count...

roadwarrior
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM

Doesn't the Homewood Suites count?

Pards Rule
08-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh my that Lakes Bison is already creating havoc on the LC board. Anyway, how far is the Settle Inn from the downtown area?

roadwarrior
08-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh my that Lakes Bison is already creating havoc on the LC board. Anyway, how far is the Settle Inn from the downtown area?

4-5 miles or so

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM

5 miles, 10-15 minutes, 20 minutes in a blizzard.

And actually, this mileage/timeframe will cover almost everything in Fargo, if you ask how far is it from xxxxxxx to downtown... :nod:

GradBison
08-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Sure does! I had completely blocked that place out!

Curiosity answered thanks to Road.

No_Skill
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
no damage so far as it must be someone else logged in as Lakes because it seems the person is trolling for guys with the only post so far.

Definitely not the real Lakes. Earlier in this thread it looks like Lakes registered as "Lakesbison". The tool posting over there is "Lakes Bison".

How big of a fool do you have to be to pretend to be Lakes on an opponent's board? Must be a pissed off goofer fan.

BigDeal
08-24-2011, 10:58 PM

Keep in mind, weary travelers from the east, that "popular" still equates "crappy chains you can find anywhere."

Tatanka
08-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Definitely not the real Lakes. Earlier in this thread it looks like Lakes registered as "Lakesbison". The tool posting over there is "Lakes Bison".

How big of a fool do you have to be to pretend to be Lakes on an opponent's board? Must be a pissed off goofer fan.

I know a couple candidates... not necessarily from the Gopher fan base.

Notorious
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM

I'm busted...crap....

Notorious
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM
p.s. "crap" is an aweome word.

344Johnson
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM

DaveK or Star2City perhaps?

SamsRams
08-25-2011, 12:58 AM
The few posts that are from the real Lakes are actually good comments. Props to him for not going overboard. But I do love how he is asking them to ban the fake lakes. They got no more then 27 members, they cant afford banning anyone :bow:

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Just booked my ticket into FAR on American Beagle from ORD, starting in PHL. Added an extra day to see the Greatland!

344Johnson
08-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Just booked my ticket into FAR on American Beagle from ORD, starting in PHL. Added an extra day to see the Greatland!

I think people generally refer to the central united states as the Heartland but Greatland works too haha

Tatanka
08-25-2011, 02:28 AM

Awesome!!!

Fair warning: American Eagle flies a baby jet into Fargo. Not much room on them puppies. Good news is it's a pretty short hop to ORD all things considered.

56BISON73
08-25-2011, 02:49 AM

If you get to Fargo Friday you are invited to the Pizza Party. Let us know your itinerary.

IzzyFlexion
08-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Awesome!!!

Fair warning: American Eagle flies a baby jet into Fargo. Not much room on them puppies. Good news is it's a pretty short hop to ORD all things considered.

And, be mindful of your layover time in Chicago. If it's less than an hour....don't dilly dally looking at the latest issue of Penthouse at the bookstore. Those tiny jets fly out of the farthest gates on both American and United. It can be quite a hike. (esp. with Penthouse wood):)

CAS4127
08-25-2011, 03:04 AM

See--thanks Road/Info Wingman!!

EndZoneQB
08-25-2011, 03:29 AM

Nice! Glad to hear you are making the trip. Hope you like to party a weeeee bit!

BadlandsBison
08-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Nice! Glad to hear you are making the trip. Hope you like to party a weeeee bit!

Can he keep up with Midwesterners?:)

ndsubison1
08-25-2011, 06:15 AM
See--thanks Road/Info Wingman!!

i heard bisonator is a good wingman

hawkbuster
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM
:rimshot: Greetings to Bison fans, I'm a Lafayette players dad who will be flying into Minneapolis on Thursday and making the drive to Fargo, I will be staying at the Radisson Hotel Downtown. Wanted to come out early enough to get a taste of what Fargo is about, any information of places to eat and drink where the locals may go to, don't mind driving if I have to. Better yet let me know where not to go, I normally ask the cab drivers when arriving in a new town and they haven't steered me wrong yet.
As far as game day is concerned a good majority of player parents will be coming out I have heard the west parking lots is where to be as far as the pre-game rituals are concerned, whats a good time to get there and set up?
Looking forward to a great game, I know the parents of players are eager for the season to begin as well as our boys are to get things rolling

roadwarrior
08-25-2011, 12:55 PM
NDSU tailgating policies:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1264858

Lots E and F are on the west side of the Fargodome. They consist of a paved portion which are reserved spots and are sold out for the season. Just west of the paved lot and tree line is a large grassy area. It costs $3 for a car to park in this area, and alcohol is allowed. You enter all of these lots from a street (Albrecht Blvd) which runs N and S right next to the west side of the dome.

cbline
08-25-2011, 01:12 PM
:rimshot: Greetings to Bison fans, I'm a Lafayette players dad who will be flying into Minneapolis on Thursday and making the drive to Fargo, I will be staying at the Radisson Hotel Downtown. Wanted to come out early enough to get a taste of what Fargo is about, any information of places to eat and drink where the locals may go to, don't mind driving if I have to. Better yet let me know where not to go, I normally ask the cab drivers when arriving in a new town and they haven't steered me wrong yet.
As far as game day is concerned a good majority of player parents will be coming out I have heard the west parking lots is where to be as far as the pre-game rituals are concerned, whats a good time to get there and set up?
Looking forward to a great game, I know the parents of players are eager for the season to begin as well as our boys are to get things rolling

Hope that you have a good trip to Fargo! We Bison fans love the atmosphere of tailgating and the Fargo Dome. Can't wait for the season to start.

MNLonghorn10
08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
NDSU tailgating policies:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1264858

Lots E and F are on the west side of the Fargodome. They consist of a paved portion which are reserved spots and are sold out for the season. Just west of the paved lot and tree line is a large grassy area. It costs $3 for a car to park in this area, and alcohol is allowed. You enter all of these lots from a street (Albrecht Blvd) which runs N and S right next to the west side of the dome.
is that 18th ave that runs between the dome and bsa etc...we could enter the field parts from the south last year. is it only from albrecht now?

mnriverbison
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Coming up for the game post

Awesome. Visiting fans will learn that Bison fans are very friendly and passionate football fans. The Fargodome kind of sucks on its own, but Bison fans really make it a top-class atmosphere for FCS football. If you like tailgating you should definitely do it for this game. Not sure how the Labor Day holiday will hurt the vibe in the lots but even a bad showing for us is a big and fun crowd.

I said it in this or another thread, but you have made a good choice for hotels. Downtown (where you are staying) is 5 minutes from the campus/Fargodome area and is probably the most uniquely "Fargo" area you could stay. The only caution I would give you is that if you are with a large group for meals the dining choices downtown will have less chance of accommodating your group at peak periods since they are smaller than the larger nationwide bar and grill type places which are pretty much everywhere else in Fargo.

Fargo is almost always a pleasant surprise for first-timers, especially in the Fall. You'll be glad you came, but you may be sorry you had to drive from MSP. That is not a scenic trip at all.

WarBison
08-25-2011, 01:50 PM
:rimshot: Greetings to Bison fans, I'm a Lafayette players dad who will be flying into Minneapolis on Thursday and making the drive to Fargo...

Try heading to the JL Beers downtown for a burger and a beer. Either that, or if you are looking for a more upscale atmosphere, head to the Hotel Donaldson.

pwbnd
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM

I think you made the right move by booking a room downtown. You shouldn't have any trouble finding good food and ample beverages walking up and down broadway...just a block or two from your hotel.

I'm sure others will chime in, but a couple places I like to patronize downtown are:

- burgers (and beer) - http://jlbeers.com/
- NY style pizza - http://mysammys.com/index2.shtml
- fancier food, bar and lounge - http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/main.html
- fancier food - http://www.montesdowntown.com/
- irish bar - http://www.dempseyspublichouse.com/
- ice cream - http://charliesicecream.blogspot.com/

Not so sure about breakfast places...there are a couple of coffee/bagel places. Of course the Fryn' Pan which would be a few blocks south of your hotel serves decent breakfast 24 hours a day. (south side of Main Ave.)

Taligating should get rolling around 1:00-1:30. Feel free to walk around the lot...you'll meet more people that way. My guess is you'll be greeted with some friendly banter with Bison fans followed by offers of more food and drink than any normal human could consume.

Hope you and your team has a great time. (just not too great on Sat. evening!)

tony
08-25-2011, 02:02 PM
The tailgate lot opens 5 hours before kickoff and it's pretty popular. The people who reserve spots for the entire year get to come in 1/2 hour early. Hopefully it doesn't rain because a lot of us will be parking in the grass.
Fargo has all the typical suburban restaurants and some Midwestern chains, but they're mostly located a couple miles west by southwest of downtown in The Big Box Retail Sprawl.
If you need a taxi, you have to call the cab company. They don't prowl around looking for fares, although occasionally there will be one at the airport.
There's a parking ramp right next to the Radisson which is pretty convenient - probably be some classic cars cruising Broadway downtown on Thursday (first Thursday of the month they have something called Cruisin' Broadway.)
Getting a drink downtown is no problem. Broadway is a block west of your hotel and there a bars up and down it. Might be a lot of college kids around, might not be - Labor Day weekend is a popular time to go the lakes near Fargo on the Minnesota side of the river.
Some places to eat downtown:

http://www.jlbeers.com/ casual burgers and beer
http://www.montesdowntown.com/ upscale for Fargo
http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/main.html (aka HoDo) has a bar and a good but pricey-for-Fargo restaurant. Also has a little bar on the roof that closes very early... only way up there is the slowest elevator in the Western Hemisphere (bring a book)

Bars: Rooters, Old Broadway (OB), Dempsey's, Sports Bar, etc... walk down Broadway and you'll see them all in five blocks. Downtown is basically that little stretch of Broadway and then the one block down each side street. Definitely don't have to drive.

Hmm. You know maybe Bisonville should put together a visitors' guide.

Edit: Or maybe I should just have written "See pwbnd's excellent post."

Tatanka
08-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Hmm. You know maybe Bisonville should put together a visitors' guide.

This is an excellent idea.

GOB1SON
08-25-2011, 03:34 PM
One downtown restaurant I really like and is little talked about is Toscana's. Italian. Good food. Good wine list. And pretty reasonable.

http://www.toscanadowntown.com/

Also my wife and I like the OB Grill for lunch.

SDbison
08-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe Bison Illustrated should have an insert with advertising (extra $$ for magazine) so visitors (new Bison fans and opponents) coming in for Bison gameday know where to go. Divide it up by areas......Near dome, downtown, West Acres, The Hub, etc. Include reviews and pics of most popular destinations, map, etc. Also include info and rules for tailgaiting, game schedule with tailgate start and end times and map of tailgate area.
Put this insert in all the Fall editions and be sure hotels have plenty of stock.
Maybe even collaborate with Dragos entertainment magazine to produce this insert for Bison Illustrated.

bisonmike2
08-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Sorry, it was me*. I was just using his name to try and pick up chicks.

/not really.

mnriverbison
08-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Sorry, it was me*. I was just using his name to try and pick up chicks.

/not really.

Are you saying that it wasn't a pissed off Gopher fan who went to an NDSU opponent's message board to talk stupid? Cause that theory made a lot of sense. The Gopher fans I work with are obsessed with NDSU and it is pretty much the only game they care about in the first month of the yeah. Oh, wait.

Tatanka
08-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Maybe Bison Illustrated should have an insert with advertising (extra $$ for magazine) so visitors (new Bison fans and opponents) coming in for Bison gameday know where to go. Divide it up by areas......Near dome, downtown, West Acres, The Hub, etc. Include reviews and pics of most popular destinations, map, etc. Also include info and rules for tailgaiting, game schedule with tailgate start and end times and map of tailgate area.
Put this insert in all the Fall editions and be sure hotels have plenty of stock.
Maybe even collaborate with Dragos entertainment magazine to produce this insert for Bison Illustrated.

Brilliant. Seriously.

MNLonghorn10
08-25-2011, 04:40 PM

like many have echoed...good choice on the hotel. close walking distance to downtown fargo..which kinda has a college town feel to it when football season is going on(theres 3 pretty decent size colleges in the area) so if youre into that, i know youre a dad but dads can have fun too...i suggest hitting up broadway most nights youre here.

getting to the fargo dome also shouldn't be to big of a hassle from the radisson. hope you enjoy the game/city. youll be greeted here nicely. no doubt. us bison fans have been cravin football season to start since the playoffs ended last year, so having visitors from all of the country(i see youre from florida) will make it all that much better..

but if you beat us, we wont be hesitant to introduce you to our friend, chip.

http://webbletwosh.co.uk/resources/6a00d8357efa6a69e20133ec3d436e970b-500wi.jpeg

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Awesome!!!

I bet a 50 or 70 seater

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I think people generally refer to the central united states as the Heartland but Greatland works too haha

I think I just coined a region!!!! Love it! Gov. Jack Dalrymple owes me a beer!

Tatanka
08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
I bet a 50 or 70 seater

50 at most. likely a 1-2 configuration. maybe a 2-2. either way, small jet... but quick.

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
And, be mindful of your layover time in Chicago. If it's less than an hour....don't dilly dally looking at the latest issue of Penthouse at the bookstore. Those tiny jets fly out of the farthest gates on both American and United. It can be quite a hike. (esp. with Penthouse wood):)

Thx for the - um - heads up!!!

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Can he keep up with Midwesterners?:)

Actually I cant - I just started on blood pressure meds and my doc warned me to imbibe very conservatively...I do want to see my 32nd Lehigh game in November!!

CAS4127
08-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Actually I cant - I just started on blood pressure meds and my doc warned me to imbibe very conservatively...I do want to see my 32nd Lehigh game in November!!

Hey, Pards :howdy: : just remember that when you see a thread on here titled: "GDT: Lafayette v. NDSU", all the fun ends for you "Leotards"--just sayin'. :biggrin: Someone will start it when we are within a week (:praying: hurry!!) of the game and you'll know what I mean!!

344Johnson
08-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I think I just coined a region!!!! Love it! Gov. Jack Dalrymple owes me a beer!

If you didn't have to look up the name of our fine Governor, I'm extremely impressed and will allow you to coin said phrase which describes, "North Dakota and Northwest Minnesota, chiefly the Red River Valley"

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:57 PM
If you didn't have to look up the name of our fine Governor, I'm extremely impressed and will allow you to coin said phrase which describes, "North Dakota and Northwest Minnesota, chiefly the Red River Valley"

Did not - I know he was Lt Gov and took over for Gov. Hoeven who was elected to the US Senate, replacing Byron Dorgan, part of Team North Dakota (with Mr. Conrad & Mr. Pomeroy)

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Did not - I know he was Lt Gov and took over for Gov. Hoeven who was elected to the US Senate, replacing Byron Dorgan, part of Team North Dakota (with Mr. Conrad & Mr. Pomeroy)

See I know ND!!!

ndsubison1
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Djkyro writes for bison illustrated. I bet nobody knew that

56BISON73
08-25-2011, 07:23 PM

I will have some St Paulie Girl N/A at tailgate and you are more than welcome to have a few.:cheers: :cheers:

Pards Rule
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I will have some St Paulie Girl N/A at tailgate and you are more than welcome to have a few.:cheers: :cheers:

Well he didnt say stop altogether just LIMIT :) - anyway I will need some after this Hurricane Irene - I need to blow off work tomorrow to batten down my small NJ shore condo (Long Beach Island in Spray Beach area). I may try to ride it out!

SDbison
08-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Really? Seriously?

Twentysix
08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Really? Seriously?

He made a funny :).

You forgot purple.

CaBisonFan
08-25-2011, 11:23 PM

Moonlight Graham

SDbison
08-26-2011, 02:05 AM
He made a funny :).

You forgot purple.
Purple is gay.

56BISON73
08-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Moonlight Graham

Now thats a good one!

Tatanka
08-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Moonlight Graham

http://www.ruckyoumate.com/Ruck_You_Mate/Blog/Entries/2010/4/16_Regrets,_but_no_doubt_files/shapeimage_1.png
I approve.

CaBisonFan
08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
http://www.ruckyoumate.com/Ruck_You_Mate/Blog/Entries/2010/4/16_Regrets,_but_no_doubt_files/shapeimage_1.png
I approve.

My favorite movie of all time...slam dunk.

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 11:45 AM

In that case.....ix-nay on the enthouse-pay. Better limit yourself to Maxim or FHM. If that's still too stimulating, see if you can find a copy of "UND: A Winning Tradition". That will not only keep your blood pressure in check, but could possibly put you into a deep coma. On the plus side, reading it will take less time than reading the seat pocket's vomit bag. (the use of which will be a natural and eventual sequence of acivities).

Tatanka
08-26-2011, 12:45 PM
In that case.....ix-nay on the enthouse-pay. Better limit yourself to Maxim or FHM. If that's still too stimulating, see if you can find a copy of "UND: A Winning Tradition". That will not only keep your blood pressure in check, but could possibly put you into a deep coma. On the plus side, reading it will take less time than reading the seat pocket's vomit bag. (the use of which will be a natural and eventual sequence of acivities).

you may want to specify that you mean theeeeeee university of north Dakota and not that other UND he may have actually heard of before. :D

Answer Guy
08-26-2011, 03:43 PM
My favorite movie of all time...slam dunk.

^This. Not even close.

Trim
08-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I approve.

There is a very conspicuously marked line at work which seperates offices from production. Every time I cross it I pretend I'm Moonlight Graham crossing over to help the choking girl.

Tatanka
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
There is a very conspicuously marked line at work which seperates offices from production. Every time I cross it I pretend I'm Moonlight Graham crossing over to help the choking girl.

:rofl: I did that too when I worked in a manufacturing environment... :D

cbline
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
I approve.

Hey, don't make this grown man cry. "Wanna have a catch?"

Notorious
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
:rofl: I did that too when I worked in a manufacturing environment... :D

Most in the biz call it "cooking"...

http://merrimusings.mu.nu/images/meth_lab_2.jpg

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 05:31 PM
OK.......Roll Call.
Who among us has been to Dyersville, Iowa and run the bases at the Field Dreams?

Claim to Fame warning....
My 1st cousin was one of the cars lining up to get to the park at the end of the movie (you know during the guy-cry scene)

And please, don't "cool story bro" me.
Rather, please use "cool story sh!thead"
Thank you.

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
you may want to specify that you mean theeeeeee university of north Dakota and not that other UND he may have actually heard of before. :D

Roger, Roger.
That is the correct post vector, Victor.
For this clarification do we have clearance Tony?
wow....that last line really f-ed up the flow of this post.:facepalm:
Surely I will catch hell from Note* for that debacle.

* And by Note, I mean Shirley.

Answer Guy
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
OK.......Roll Call.
Who among us has been to Dyersville, Iowa and run the bases at the Field Dreams?

Me and then-7 year old daughter in 1992.

pwbnd
08-26-2011, 06:08 PM
-Thread drift -

Early to mid-90's with Mom, Dad, brother, and cousin...took a few at bats, ran the bases, tossed the ball around the outfield, and walked out into the corn just to see what happened. Good times.

56BISON73
08-26-2011, 06:14 PM
I have been through Dyersville many many times. But havent seen the field or run the bases.

MOTBison
08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
OK.......Roll Call.

Claim to Fame warning....
My 1st cousin was one of the cars lining up to get to the park at the end of the movie (you know during the guy-cry scene)

And please, don't "cool story bro" me.
Rather, please use "cool story sh!thead"
Thank you.

Izzy, I never knew you were a Chiver.

IzzyFlexion
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Izzy, I never knew you were a Chiver.

I have no idea what a Chiver is so I looked it up. So Google directs me to a site where this little naughty kitty is identified as a Chiver. Turns out, I'm totally fine being lumped in to this group as long as she shows up at the annual convention.
speaking of lumps....great......now I have the "Penthouse wood" again.
http://3.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/63/35/collegehumor.49f78602f861435c2d10c2ed7d4e0e18.jpg

CAS4127
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Izzy is a sick man--not that that is news.

Otherwise, been there but did not do the base running jocksniffer deal--just sayin'!

SDbison
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Bisonville.......we are a week from the first game........please refrain from thread drift in legitimate threads. Plenty of room for random thoughts in the random thought thread. Thanks, I am sure the Lafayette fans will appreciate it.

gotts
08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey Bisonville.......we are a week from the first game........please refrain from thread drift in legitimate threads. Plenty of room for random thoughts in the random thought thread. Thanks, I am sure the Lafayette fans will appreciate it.

Thank you for your interest in Bisonville.

IzzyFlexion
08-27-2011, 12:08 AM

Good point.
Time to get serious here. (says while looking for his Vigen voodoo doll found in a ditch in rural South Dakota)