PDA

View Full Version : Bison Illustrated Season Breakdown

DjKyRo
08-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey Bisonvillers - over the next three weeks we'll be providing a full game-by-game breakdown of the coming regular season in three parts. The first part is up, which is the three non-conference games. Enjoy!

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=672

mnriverbison
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey Bisonvillers - over the next three weeks we'll be providing a full game-by-game breakdown of the coming regular season in three parts. The first part is up, which is the three non-conference games. Enjoy!

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=672

Awesome. I know it's asking a lot 8 months removed from the last meaningful snap, but if you'd have stretched this into 75,000 words I would have read it.

DjKyRo
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Awesome. I know it's asking a lot 8 months removed from the last meaningful snap, but if you'd have stretched this into 75,000 words I would have read it.

I could probably find a way, but there'd likely be a few tailgate recipes thrown in to chew up space.

CHADSTAUS
08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
3-0 going into week 5. Period.

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

DjKyRo
08-10-2011, 12:06 AM
I followed up this article with an enlightening conversation with a Lafayette fan on the internets, and came away with this link to some very insightful knowledge on what Lafayette fans expect for the season. Pretty good read: http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080811aad.html

BisonNeil
08-10-2011, 01:12 AM
What I find interesting is that the Leopards have a winning tradition and are coming off a 2-9 season so there are a lot of parallels to last year's Bison coming off a rare losing season.

They have a bad defense, I get it. What concerns me is that in the last regular season game last year the Bison scored a goose egg against the worst defense in the MVFC.

Besides, despite the lack of scholarships, I was impressed with Robert Morris. They were a tough physical team. I don't think we, and more importantly the Bison, should take any Patriot League team lightly.

Good stuff DJ, thanks.

DjKyRo
08-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Legit points all, B-Neil, and I agree that the team can't take anyone lightly. Having talked to the guys about it, though, and having all been asked the question of "How do you keep from looking ahead?" I was impressed with how focused each of them was on Lafayette, then St. Francis, then Minnesota in that order. These guys know you have to take it a game at a time and I think the senior leadership is going to keep the young'uns tempered.

Moreover, I think a game against a team like Lafayette actually will be beneficial. The big place we're going to miss Gratzek is in the run defense, and a passing team like the Leopards are going to be throwing the ball straight into the open maw of a pretty good defensive secondary one-on-one. A good tune-up game for the defensive line to see what they can do that works, IMO.

344Johnson
08-10-2011, 03:24 AM
I can see us looking ahead at some point in the season and losing a game due to it. The Herd reminds me a lot of my Steelers, capable of beating the best, and losing to some of the worst. I can only hope that last year taught these guys that we simply don't have the luxury of looking past anyone.

DjKyRo
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Part Two, dealing with the first four conference games, is up!

http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=685

CAS4127
08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
What I find interesting is that the Leopards have a winning tradition and are coming off a 2-9 season so there are a lot of parallels to last year's Bison coming off a rare losing season.

They have a bad defense, I get it. What concerns me is that in the last regular season game last year the Bison scored a goose egg against the worst defense in the MVFC.

Besides, despite the lack of scholarships, I was impressed with Robert Morris. They were a tough physical team. I don't think we, and more importantly the Bison, should take any Patriot League team lightly.

Good stuff DJ, thanks.

I was impressed with RM for their mental toughness and fiestiness. They were physically tough in the first 2 1/2 quarters, and then just got worn down by a bigger, more physical team. I expect much of the same from the Leopards.

Also, given that this is the better of our first two opponents, I think we have to try to open the playbook and see what we can do from the passing side of things, especially if we can get an early, 2 touchdown lead. St. Fran will not be good measuring stick of what our offense can do, so let's see what it can do in this game, especially given our bye the week prior to the Goofers.

Just my thoughts.

mnriverbison
08-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Part Two, dealing with the first four conference games, is up!

http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=685

All 4 against teams which went 4-4 last year in the conference. That jumps off the page when I scan over the preview. This is a balanced conference and I kind of wish we had our bye week later in the season.

DjKyRo
08-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I was impressed with RM for their mental toughness and fiestiness. They were physically tough in the first 2 1/2 quarters, and then just got worn down by a bigger, more physical team. I expect much of the same from the Leopards.

Also, given that this is the better of our first two opponents, I think we have to try to open the playbook and see what we can do from the passing side of things, especially if we can get an early, 2 touchdown lead. St. Fran will not be good measuring stick of what our offense can do, so let's see what it can do in this game, especially given our bye the week prior to the Goofers.

Just my thoughts.

I think the Leopards' game plan will be much the same as Tennessee's was against Minnesota the other night - they can look at the roster and think "Whoa, only one returning corner. We can pick on those other guys!" then throw at Shepard, Boyd, and Dudzik all night. Hopefully they have more luck than Chris Cook, but our secondary needs to be ready for this.

westnodak93bison
08-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I think the Leopards' game plan will be much the same as Tennessee's was against Minnesota the other night - they can look at the roster and think "Whoa, only one returning corner. We can pick on those other guys!" then throw at Shepard, Boyd, and Dudzik all night. Hopefully they have more luck than Chris Cook, but our secondary needs to be ready for this.

Boyd and Dudzik looked plenty capable in spring ball. Of course that was against our passing game.

DjKyRo
08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Part 3 is up! Breaking down the final four conference games - Northern Iowa, Youngstown State, Indiana State and Western Illinois.

http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=687

HerdBot
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Part 3 is up! Breaking down the final four conference games - Northern Iowa, Youngstown State, Indiana State and Western Illinois.

http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=687

Great job as always! Love BI!