PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Phil Steele Preseason All-Americans

DjKyRo
07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/Phil-steele-2011-preseason.pdf

McNorton, Holloway, Cornick, Boyer, Williams 1st Team MVFC
Turner, Eaves 2nd Team MVFC
Jastram, Smith 1st Team MVFC Special Teams

McNorton 2nd Team All-American
Boyer 4th Team All-American

southcliffbison
07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
How, in the same breath, can you mention Cornick and not Richard?

BadlandsBison
07-20-2011, 04:52 PM
I hope the Jastram one comes through.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
I hope the Jastram one comes through.

I hope holloway can live up to first team. I don't think any of our recievers have been first team material since heckendorf. My opinion though.

I dont know a whole lot about other MVFC teams recievers... maybe its a weak pool.

HandoEX
07-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Some very questionable Bison on that list. Jastram makes first team while Richard and Evans are omitted? Come on man!

IzzyFlexion
07-21-2011, 12:16 AM
I believe that Daniel Eaves will make 1st team all conference when it's all said and done.

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Some very questionable Bison on that list. Jastram makes first team while Richard and Evans are omitted? Come on man!

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks this...Evans is a little overrated IMO. He's definitely good/solid, but he's no Humber/Mays and I don't think he's continued developing from his first couple of years...maybe he just doesn't seem hard nosed or something. He's played all over the place tho, so you can't undervalue that...

ndsubison1
07-21-2011, 01:52 AM
I feel like I'm the only one that thinks this...Evans is a little overrated IMO. He's definitely good/solid, but he's no Humber/Mays and I don't think he's continued developing from his first couple of years...maybe he just doesn't seem hard nosed or something. He's played all over the place tho, so you can't undervalue that...

I think Evans deserves a mention. He was our leading tackler last year. However he does tend to struggle in pass coverage

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 02:02 AM
I think Evans deserves a mention. He was our leading tackler last year. However he does tend to struggle in pass coverage

And that is probably true, I guess. Unless the other guys in the conference are big time, I don't know.

Jay
07-21-2011, 03:24 AM

You are not alone... I would second this thought.

ISXBISON
07-21-2011, 04:08 AM

agreed!

10char

Twentysix
07-22-2011, 12:28 AM

Agreed, he doesnt seem as good as mays/humber. Not saying hes bad, just saying he doesnt quite live up to them, or hasnt yet.

BisonNeil
07-22-2011, 10:21 PM

That is a good question, not sure I can answer, but the one thing that really impresses me is Cornick's athleticism, which I think is way higher than Richard's. Cornick gets his block on the line and then gets to the next level. If you look at many of the big runs and successful screen plays last year Cornick is right there making a block downfield. It is rare that Richard gets that far. Cornick has size and speed and I think he has a legit shot at the next level as a result of that.

BisonNeil
07-22-2011, 10:22 PM

I think Eaves is underrated personally. He had a real coming out party last year and really impressed me. My bets are on him making further improvements his senior year!

BisonNeil
07-22-2011, 10:24 PM

Tough to compare those since they played in their true position, Evans has always had to play MLB when he is really an OLB.

EndZoneQB
07-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Tough to compare those since they played in their true position, Evans has always had to play MLB when he is really an OLB.

I agree, I was going to comment about that, but he has moved around a bit. I also didn't mean to make it about the comparison to two of our greats, I just feel like we had high hopes for Evans. He just hasn't continued developing. As I said before too, it's not that he's not good.

99Bison
07-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I think Eaves is underrated personally. He had a real coming out party last year and really impressed me. My bets are on him making further improvements his senior year!

Agreed and on Evans olb too

westnodak93bison
07-23-2011, 02:45 AM

Cause he talks to much trash on the field. Nothing personal just my observation.

Twentysix
07-23-2011, 02:57 AM
Cause he talks to much trash on the field. Nothing personal just my observation.

Cant hate on swagger. I do remember a few flags though, shouldn't do it around a ref.

southcliffbison
07-23-2011, 03:21 AM

As Senator Davenport said in the movie, AIR AMERICA, "He's just showing charisma!"