PDA

View Full Version : Pierre out, Shepherd in

roadwarrior
07-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Transfer from Omaha to replace Pierre, who is ineligible.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/327468/group/homepage/

HerdBot
07-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Another player from the south fails the team by not taking care of business in the classroom . Picked up a good player from Nebraska Omaha.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/327468/group/Sports/

Bison"FANatic"
07-19-2011, 07:39 PM
actually would he not still be on the team just ineligible?

HerdBot
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
actually would he not still be on the team just ineligible?

I hope so. He's a good player. But if he can't take care of business when he's playing I doubt he takes care of business not playing. Now he needs to pay out of pocket.

EndZoneQB
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Seems a little questionable but hopefully he contributes!

HerdBot
07-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Some info on our new corner. I hope he can learn quickly. Boyd needs to learn quickly too.

http://www.omavs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3380&path=football

Williams #1
Boyd #2
Who is #3?
Dudzik? Zack Colvin? Is Connor Roach still on the team?

Bison"FANatic"
07-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I hope so. He's a good player. But if he can't take care of business when he's playing I doubt he takes care of business not playing. Now he needs to pay out of pocket.

I agree just take care of the classroom items, it is going to take you farther than football will.

DjKyRo
07-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Dang, more hurt depth-wise at a place we were already hurting. Let's not forget that Jordan Champion could have to step in and contribute right away, let's hope he can be ready.

ndsubison1
07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Another player from the south fails the team by not taking care of business in the classroom . Picked up a good player from Nebraska Omaha.

enough with the south vs. midwest talk. anyways, huge loss for us. pierre was a solid starting cb for us. hopefully sheperd can step in and give us an impact

Mr. Burgundy
07-19-2011, 09:09 PM

Sort of a D Bag type comment from you Gabe. Disappointing to lose him, but who cares where he is from. He is a Bison.

Here is a quote from the Bison Blog.

As for Pierre, he will remain in school and regain his eligibility. He’s a mechanical engineering major who perhaps took a couple too many upper level classes that were of the very tough type. He played as a true freshman, so he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.

I am just going to guess that it is pretty difficult taking uppper level engineering classes and doing what it takes to play D1 football. I will be rooting for the kid. Good Luck. You are a Bison.

mnriverbison
07-19-2011, 09:11 PM
enough with the south vs. midwest talk. anyways, huge loss for us. pierre was a solid starting cb for us. hopefully shepperd can step in and give us an impact

No kidding. Good thing that the guy who recruited McNorton didn't try to find a hidden gem from the frozen north instead. Jesus. Every team deals with offseason losses. Its part of the deal when you recruit talent.

roadwarrior
07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Jeff Kolpack is reporting in his blog that Pierre will remain in school and regain his eligibility. He is majoring in mechanical engineering.

DjKyRo
07-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow, did not know Pierre was doing mechanical engineering. Credit to him for challenging himself and staying in school. Hope he can return to the team and remain an asset.

That Shepard kid doesn't look half-bad though. Impact player as a redshirt freshman, albeit at the D-II level. Welcome to the team.

ndsubison1
07-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Jeff Kolpack is reporting in his blog that Pierre will remain in school and regain his eligibility. He is majoring in mechanical engineering.

echo ten char.

HerdBot
07-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Sort of a D Bag type comment from you Gabe. Disappointing to lose him, but who cares where he is from. He is a Bison.

Here is a quote from the Bison Blog.

As for Pierre, he will remain in school and regain his eligibility. He’s a mechanical engineering major who perhaps took a couple too many upper level classes that were of the very tough type. He played as a true freshman, so he’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.

I am just going to guess that it is pretty difficult taking uppper level engineering classes and doing what it takes to play D1 football. I will be rooting for the kid. Good Luck. You are a Bison.

Not doing your part and being eligible means your letting the team down. I won't sugar coat it. He gets a free education. The team needs him and he F'd up. Just like Sigers it's crap. I dont care how hard the classes are. I went to college and worked a full time job and raised a kid at the same time. It was hard as hell but I did it because I wanted to.

It really sucks since we have players who studied their ass off in the classroom trying to get a scholarship (Williams,Crockett, Colvin) and doing the walk on route (Lang), while others who get a full ride can't cut it.

The south comment was a bit stupid . I'm just annoyed by the players who leave year after year seem to come from down south. Why is the the culture? Weather? Wish every player was like DJ. I would feel differently if he tries and stays in school. Based on past players I'll believe it when I see it.

gotts
07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
A good chunk of the first 2 years of ME classes are common for many engineering majors; I can attest that there are some tough classes in there to get through. I know I struggled with working and getting through those classes, so I can only imagine what it's like with an additional physical strain in there.

Anyways, best of luck for getting back on track, hope he finds some upperclassmen in ME to talk to for some advice; once I did in my major, things seemed to get easier!

HerdBot
07-19-2011, 10:59 PM
A good chunk of the first 2 years of ME classes are common for many engineering majors; I can attest that there are some tough classes in there to get through. I know I struggled with working and getting through those classes, so I can only imagine what it's like with an additional physical strain in there.

Anyways, best of luck for getting back on track, hope he finds some upperclassmen in ME to talk to for some advice; once I did in my major, things seemed to get easier!

I'm just glad he's trying to get eligible and after reading Kolpack I tend to believe it. And yes its hard work but if these guys obviously need some guidance if they are taking more than they can handle. As tough as college is, its much easier than life.

Twentysix
07-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm just glad he's trying to get eligible and after reading Kolpack I tend to believe it. And yes its hard work but if these guys obviously need some guidance if they are taking more than they can handle. As tough as college is, its much easier than life.

DJ's major is sports management, hardly comparible to ME.

AEBison1998
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
With engineering, just because you don't get good grades, doesn't necessarily mean you aren't putting in the time. You can work all weekend on homework, but if that lesson isn't making sense....it doesn't come just because you put in the time.

Maybe he put in the time and maybe he didn't, but some of those classes are tough even with a lot of time.

I hope he sticks with it. (both football and engineering)

4mcruenomore
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
I will go out on a limb here, we all have to remember that these are just kids, student athletes. It is hard I'm sure to juggle academics and sports, throw in having some fun..I say give him a break and hopefully he gets stuff straight for next season. And welcome to the kid from UNO. I also hope for a speedy recovery to Esley.

onbison09
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Not doing your part and being eligible means your letting the team down. I won't sugar coat it. He gets a free education. The team needs him and he F'd up. Just like Sigers it's crap. I dont care how hard the classes are. I went to college and worked a full time job and raised a kid at the same time. It was hard as hell but I did it because I wanted to.

It really sucks since we have players who studied their ass off in the classroom trying to get a scholarship (Williams,Crockett, Colvin) and doing the walk on route (Lang), while others who get a full ride can't cut it.

The south comment was a bit stupid . I'm just annoyed by the players who leave year after year seem to come from down south. Why is the the culture? Weather? Wish every player was like DJ. I would feel differently if he tries and stays in school. Based on past players I'll believe it when I see it.

So then I guess we shouldn't recruit at all from Michigan because those guys all left? It might be just me, I'm not going to give crap to a guy who's a mechanical engineering major.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 03:53 AM
I will go out on a limb here, we all have to remember that these are just kids, student athletes. It is hard I'm sure to juggle academics and sports, throw in having some fun..I say give him a break and hopefully he gets stuff straight for next season. And welcome to the kid from UNO. I also hope for a speedy recovery to Esley.

Thats fair. I rarely if ever rip on a player for messing up on the field but when they get arrested or kicked off the team they need to deal with it because this isn't a backyard game of football. This is D1 football with a ton of tradition and history. When your on TV 11 times and have appearences on ESPN, its a big deal. A lot is at stake. They know this when they sign on. Its not only about them and it effects the team big time. Now when we open the season our #2, nickel, and dime corners will have no experience. If Williams misses time we have no starters with any experience. Thats partially on him.

But what's with the double standard? Sigers messes up and the general vibe is he is not commited. Pierre messes up and everyone thinks its cool he's trying to be an engineer. Both equally messed up. Both deserve equal criticism.

4mcruenomore
07-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Right now the only ones I will criticize is the QB's and QB coach, that is the weakest part of the team that we need to fix double stat.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Sigers is a university studies major.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 04:24 AM
So then I guess we shouldn't recruit at all from Michigan because those guys all left? It might be just me, I'm not going to give crap to a guy who's a mechanical engineering major.

Dude we only got 2 Michigan players. Landinham left because he wasnt good enough to play. Kevin Jackson quit to run NDSU track and is still on the track team and is very good! Wasnt a D1 football player though but a great athlete.

These guys didnt leave because they are pussies and cant deal with cold or can't make grades. They were not great players. We've had our share of those all over the country.

I don't consider Michigan Midwest anyway. Its further to Detroit than Denver from Fargo

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Dude we only got 2 Michigan players. Landinham left because he wasnt good enough to play. Kevin Jackson quit to run NDSU track and is still on the track team and is very good! Wasnt a D1 football player though but a great athlete.

These guys didnt leave because they are pussies and cant deal with cold or can't make grades. They were not great players. We've had our share of those all over the country.

I don't consider Michigan Midwest anyway. Its further to Detroit than Denver from Fargo

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zDxCwj7VCss/TLxVMoM0YaI/AAAAAAAABEQ/gzHBPqae4Zw/s1600/US_map-Midwest.PNG

The midwest is in dark red, the stripes are "fringe midwest states" not typically included as a midwestern state. Michigan is more midwest than ND.

https://agomesfourthgrade.pbworks.com/f/1248962635/midwest_map.jpg

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Right now the only ones I will criticize is the QB's and QB coach, that is the weakest part of the team that we need to fix double stat.

I only boo the coaches. If they can't deal with it they are in the wrong field. Ill never boo our qb ever. It never leads to anywhere good and i know that Brock or Esley want to win more than anyone. Did you see the look on Brock's face after the EWU game? He was crushed. He's giving it all and he cares. Gotta respect that.

Once in a blue moon if the overall team sucks balls beyond belief ill boo but it's mainly directed at the coaches and at the team in general if efforts look weak. Not at an individual.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 05:01 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zDxCwj7VCss/TLxVMoM0YaI/AAAAAAAABEQ/gzHBPqae4Zw/s1600/US_map-Midwest.PNG

The midwest is in dark red, the stripes are "fringe midwest states" not typically included as a midwestern state. Michigan is more midwest than ND.

https://agomesfourthgrade.pbworks.com/f/1248962635/midwest_map.jpg

Thats the census definition. Otherwise I feel like my entire life is a lie. Funny I always though of Michigan and Ohio as borderline eastern states with high crime and lots of manufacturing. Does Ohio have any agriculture. I've never once seen a map that didn't include ND, SD, and Nebraska as Midwest states. Interesting. If were not mid west what are we? Apparently Midwest has nothing to do with Farming. It's a census definition. I think we all agree that Detroit and Fargo are nothing alike. We're comparing Axle Foley to Marge Gunderson.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:17 AM
Thats the census definition. Otherwise I feel like my entire life is a lie. Funny I always though of Michigan and Ohio as borderline eastern states with high crime and lots of manufacturing. Does Ohio have any agriculture. I've never once seen a map that didn't include ND, SD, and Nebraska as Midwest states. Interesting. If were not mid west what are we? Apparently Midwest has nothing to do with Farming. It's a census definition. I think we all agree that Detroit and Fargo are nothing alike. We're comparing Axle Foley to Marge Gunderson.

Chicago is nothing like Fargo either. Yet chicago is the heart of the midwest...

Their are 4 categories Northeast, Midwest, West, South.

North Dakota can either go into the west category or midwest. People in ND like to call ourselves Midwest, people from other parts of the country call us west.

Its further to Detroit than Denver from Fargo

Was the main reason I replyed with the maps. I dont see relevance. I hoped you could explain it further.

As for the bolded. If you feel that way over a label you probably need mental help.

Eveywhere has agriculture....

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Chicago is nothing like Fargo either. Yet chicago is the heart of the midwest...

Their are 4 categories Northeast, Midwest, West, South.

North Dakota can either go into the west category or midwest. People in ND like to call ourselves Midwest, people from other parts of the country call us west.

Was the main reason I replyed with the maps. I dont see relevance. I hoped you could explain it further.

As for the bolded. If you feel that way over a label you probably need mental help.

Eveywhere has agriculture....

I guess my point was the bulk of of our players come rural and heavy based agriculture states with cold climate like ND, SD, MN, WI and the occasional NE, KS, and IL. As long as we stick to states like that were good. They are good players and they tend to fit in better with tbe culture of Fargo.

Seems like the players we get from Florida, Texas, and California don't stick with the team. Not sure if its culture shock or what.

Yes, once in a while we strike gold in warm climate states with guys like DJ and Shamen but we see more busts, people who miss grades, and players who leave early or don't show up at all.

We've only gone to Michigan once and the 2 players weren't that good so its really not a good analogy. But if you look at Illinois, we found some great players. Walker, Mays, Drago, Ojuri, Fairbairn, and Eaves are as good as they get. Not only do IL players tend to stick with the team, they end up staying because its less culture shock going from Illinois to Fargo than California to Fargo. You build a team with 4 year players.

Makes me wonder how these Arizona guys will work out? I'm all for getting tbe best players but don't load up on Arizona or Texas to fill a quota.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:55 AM
I guess my point was the bulk of of our players come rural and heavy based agriculture states with cold climate like ND, SD, MN, WI and the occasional NE, KS, and IL. As long as we stick to states like that were good. They are good players and they tend to fit in better with tbe culture of Fargo.

Seems like the players we get from Florida, Texas, and California don't stick with the team. Not sure if its culture shock or what.

Yes, once in a while we strike gold in warm climate states with guys like DJ and Shamen but we see more busts, people who miss grades, and players who leave early or don't show up at all.

We've only gone to Michigan once and the 2 players weren't that good so its really not a good analogy. But if you look at Illinois, we found some great players. Walker, Mays, Drago, Ojuri, Fairbairn, and Eaves are as good as they get. Not only do IL players tend to stick with the team, they end up staying because its less culture shock going from Illinois to Fargo than California to Fargo. You build a team with 4 year players.

I was never arguing those points. :p I agree with you for the most part.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 06:06 AM
I was never arguing those points. :p I agree with you for the most part.

And the life being a lie was a bad attempt at humor.

How do you think the Arizona guys work out? I don't get tbe impression they are pussies who can't deal with the cold...

Ill take a great player from anywhere. Just don't make quotas because we think California is better than tbe Midwest. Ojuri is from tbe Midwest and he can be just as good as DJ. Gebheart or Vraa can be just as good as Holloway, who is from Texas. Majeski, Heckendorf, and Travis White were Midwestern and are all as good or better than Holloway from Texas.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 06:15 AM
And the life being a lie was a bad attempt at humor.

How do you think the Arizona guys work out? I don't get tbe impression they are pussies who can't deal with the cold...

Ill take a great player from anywhere. Just don't make quotas because we think California is better than tbe Midwest. Ojuri is from tbe Midwest and he can be just as good as DJ. Gebheart or Vraa can be just as good as Holloway, who is from Texas. Majeski, Heckendorf, and Travis White were Midwestern and are all as good or better than Holloway from Texas.

I think the cold is blown out of proportion. No one coming to ND expects hawaii, but it makes a good excuse when someone fails for another reason. I also think academically NDSU is pretty easy(classroom difficulty) compared to most BCS schools*. Hopefully the AZ kids work out, as there is a hell of alot of talent in that state around our level.

I don't see cold being a deterent after the player has actually experienced it. It may sway people before they enroll, but only up until then. I have several close friends who go to NDSU now (they will be sophs now) and they are from SoCal. A couple of them had never seen snow before let alone experienced 40 below, It isn't stopping a single one of them from coming back for next year....and they don't even have a reason like a D1 football scholarship motivating them..

The biggest culture shock they complained about is ND's poor reception to different idea's, gay black etc.

They are straight white kids but have a hard time being around people who gaybash or are blatantly racist beyond a joke.

*This is based off personal conversations with multiple friends who have attended classes at both NDSU and a few BCS schools, in the last 4 years.

ndsubison1
07-20-2011, 06:30 AM
what the hell

CaBisonFan
07-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Don Morton said in a speech that I heard, that when players come to NDSU...they come to play football and to win championships. He saw it as a 'positive.'

I think that the cold weather 'can' have an effect on a kid's attitude because there's no way to imagine how friggin cold 'cold' can be until you experience it.

If a kid comes from SoCal...is there culture shock? You bet. It's huge. The same would hold true if an upper-midwest kid came here.

But Morton was right. The ones that stick around are the ones that we want. Having DJ right now is pretty special.

The debate about whether we should recruit in the south is valid. How important is it to the program to get a player like DJ on the roster every few years?

mnriverbison
07-20-2011, 11:18 AM
People in ND like to call ourselves Midwest, people from other parts of the country call us west.

Not that I poll every person I meet, but I don't think I've ever met a person who didn't consider ND or NE for that matter parts of the midwest.

Does it even matter what label we place on states? The truth is that in warmer climates the recruits generally come faster. They also have been playing year-round so have had more chances to harness their skills. Not sure if the latter matters as much, but speed does matter.

Siouxfallsbison
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
[
QUOTE=gabe;511125]Some info on our new corner. I hope he can learn quickly. Boyd needs to learn quickly too.

http://www.omavs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3380&path=football

Williams #1
Boyd #2
Who is #3?
Dudzik? Zack Colvin? Is Connor Roach still on the team?[/QUOTE]

Gebhart is #3 this year

Bison"FANatic"
07-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Interesting Gebhart on D

Will it be just D or will he be able to practice at both?

Facts
07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Look at this map! The midwest (in red) is HUGE!!!!
http://members.aye.net/~hippie/images/blog/islands1.jpg
thanks for the Geography lessons!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/train.jpg

Siouxfallsbison
07-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Interesting Gebhart on D

Will it be just D or will he be able to practice at both?

No, my mistake. I thought you were talking about uniform number.:hide:

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I think the cold is blown out of proportion. No one coming to ND expects hawaii, but it makes a good excuse when someone fails for another reason. I also think academically NDSU is pretty easy(classroom difficulty) compared to most BCS schools*. Hopefully the AZ kids work out, as there is a hell of alot of talent in that state around our level.

I don't see cold being a deterent after the player has actually experienced it. It may sway people before they enroll, but only up until then. I have several close friends who go to NDSU now (they will be sophs now) and they are from SoCal. A couple of them had never seen snow before let alone experienced 40 below, It isn't stopping a single one of them from coming back for next year....and they don't even have a reason like a D1 football scholarship motivating them..

The biggest culture shock they complained about is ND's poor reception to different idea's, gay black etc.

They are straight white kids but have a hard time being around people who gaybash or are blatantly racist beyond a joke.

*This is based off personal conversations with multiple friends who have attended classes at both NDSU and a few BCS schools, in the last 4 years.

I don't think there is a lot of racism here. Infact I think we appreciate different cultures. But in reality I don't think we've lost many football recruits because we don't have a large gay population. In my experience, blacks seem to be more anti gay than whites. And men are more against it than women. Considering most football players are macho I would imagine most are against gay marriage. http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1375/gay-marriage-civil-unions-opinion

I'm for gay marriage because gay people have just as much of a right to be miserable as straight people. The chants are offensive.

Point is I doubt we've lost more than a handful of recruits because we don't have a large gay black population.

GradBison
07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think there is a lot of racism here. Infact I think we appreciate different cultures. But in reality I don't think we've lost many football recruits because we don't have a large gay population. In my experience, blacks seem to be more anti gay than whites. And men are more against it than women. Considering most football players are macho I would imagine most are against gay marriage. http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1375/gay-marriage-civil-unions-opinion

I'm for gay marriage because gay people have just as much of a right to be miserable as straight people. The chants are offensive.

Point is I doubt we've lost more than a handful of recruits because we don't have a large gay black population.

LOL and WTF?!

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM

I've never polled football players in fargo or the ones coming in. But I have seen culture shock listed on BV as a reason people can't make it. I happen to have very close friends who lived and grew up in the Los Angeles metro, which is both a very big metro by any standards and geographically far away. I then explained the personal culture shock they had felt they faced in fargo. (I attempted to argue that I don't really see the not as accepting thing, but maybe I don't see it cause I am from ND originally and see fargo as a much more accepting place than my hometown.) That being said a lack of the hollywood sign doesn't really seem to phase them. Not having mom and pops asian restraunts on every corner doesnt phase them either. Snow and cold doesn't really phase them either.

I was attempting to give actual insight into what real people in the exact situation we like to talk about on BV have experienced. They share alot in common with the kids we are saying experience "culture shock", I figured atleast one person reading bisonville would be interested in breaking down a real experience beyond that phrase.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
LOL and WTF?!

So you're saying were missing out on recruits because we don't have enough gay black's? Wtf?

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:39 PM
So you're saying were missing out on recruits because we don't have enough gay black's? Wtf?

I dont think anyone was saying we are missing an abundance of recruits because of that. I was trying to explalin "culture shock" in an actual experience.

I think the idea of culture shock and the idea of cold is more of a deterrent than actually experiencing it.

GradBison
07-20-2011, 05:40 PM

No, I'm not. My statement is a commentary on off-season threads were a topic about a DB leaving and another joining the team, was derailed into a discussion about black-gay-football players.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 05:42 PM
No, I'm not. My statement is a commentary on off-season threads were a topic about a DB leaving and another joining the team, was derailed into a discussion about black-gay-football players.

:detsucks: If only there were football things going on, or even basketball things.

http://blogmini.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dr-seuss1233366400.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
07-20-2011, 05:45 PM
No, my mistake. I thought you were talking about uniform number.:hide:

:facepalm2: I get it!!! Sometimes I am a little slow to pick up on things.

GradBison
07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
:detsucks: If only there were football things going on, or even basketball things.

http://blogmini.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dr-seuss1233366400.jpg

If only, indeed.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 06:00 PM

Funny shit huh? LoL!!!

rutlandbison
07-20-2011, 06:05 PM

We also had 1 Michigan kid never show up.

gotts
07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
We also had 1 Michigan kid never show up.

Steven Threet?

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Steven Threet?

Bobby miller. (maybe)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-13385.html

Buthockey
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Steven Threet?

does he play hockey, eh?

Answer Guy
07-20-2011, 06:25 PM

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/fonzie-jumping-the-shark-300x168.jpg

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I dont think anyone was saying we are missing an abundance of recruits because of that. I was trying to explalin "culture shock" in an actual experience.

I think the idea of culture shock and the idea of cold is more of a deterrent than actually experiencing it.

Since the thread is already Fd i might ad well continue ot.

For people who are not "big fans of gay culture " may actually enjoy not seeing an abundance of gayness. I think most people are like me. Straight. Knows or works with a gay person. Respects them as people but don't understand why they are gay. The idea seems, gross unless your talking about 2 women. I don't say anti gay chants but tolerate the redneck friend and occasionally chuckles at the gay jokes if its 2 straight guys hanging out. Kind of like 2 black guys making fun of crackers or 2 white guys joking about the size of a brothers dick. Its not hateful, its just in good fun. Im not saying its right. Just reality. I would freak out of a buddy said the N word around a black guy and the same if someone gay bashed in front of a gay person. I'm in my 30s and when I grew up it was acceptable behavior to use words like faggot. Now I'm seeing the same stuff from my kid who's in grade school. My son called someone a fag and Ive never used the word around him. When they play football its still called "smear the queer." I wonder what they call it in California? Point is its going to take decades for the culture to change.

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 06:38 PM

For people who are not "big fans of gay culture " may actually enjoy not seeing an abundance of gayness. I think most people are like me. Straight. Knows or works with a gay person. Respects them as people but don't understand why they are gay. The idea seems, gross unless your talking about 2 women. I don't say anti gay chants but tolerate the redneck friend and occasionally chuckles at the gay jokes if its 2 straight guys hanging out. Kind of like 2 black guys making fun of crackers or 2 white guys joking about the size of a brothers dick. Its not hateful, its just in good fun. Im not saying its right. Just reality. I would freak out of a buddy said the N word around a black guy and the same if someone gay bashed in front of a gay person. I'm in my 30s and when I grew up it was acceptable behavior to use words like faggot. Now I'm seeing the same stuff from my kid who's in grade school. My son called someone a fag and Ive never used the word around him. When they play football its still called "smear the queer." I wonder what they call it in California? Point is its going to take decades for the culture to change.

Off topic debate but fag and gay have no sexual connotations to youth.

I also have no ancestry that held a whip for that purpose in America, so I dont appreciate that word.

Da Bison
07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Steven Threet?

#3 :facepalm:

steelbison
07-20-2011, 07:02 PM

??? Gabe, you've really lost it this time...:facepalm: :facepalm:

Some advice, don't post anymore!!!!

Now back on topic losing a CB hurts. I wish him the best of luck to come back next year!

Twentysix
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM

Now back on topic losing a CB hurts. I wish him the best of luck to come back next year!

If he is an engineering major, clearly he is smart. He will correct the issue.

HerdBot
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM

So you dont want to continue the discussion by talking about the cultural impact and demographics of blue haired and triple breasted transvestites who are into beastiality and S&M? Denied!

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 02:01 AM

1. I grew up with it being "smear the queer" as well. It didn't have a gay connotation at all. Supposedly, this hardly exists anymore and it's named something really dumb.

2. One of my best friends from HS is gay, and we used to use fag/gay all the time(he said it too!). We refrain from saying it around him and anyone else, but sometimes when drinking or something the word gets said. He just laughs. He said he likes that we don't treat him any different...and most of his friends agree that if someone seriously gets offended by it, they have other issues. Now, using it as an actual put down, yeah that's different.

Lastly, it was sort of a shock for him to come out. We kind of suspected it, but we didn't REALLY think he was. He ended up moving out to California his junior year(he turned 18 right after) and met his "sugar daddy" who was some 40 something guy. It was a bit much. Then my best friend and I got the invite to be IN the wedding. It was cultural overload, but the wedding, a long with hanging out in "The Castro"(if you don't know what it is, google it lol) in San Francisco was actually refreshingly fun. It's definitely nothing to be afraid of either(not that I was anyway).

This thread turned weird lol

Tatanka
07-21-2011, 02:10 AM
People are people, and deserve to be judged on their own merits or lack of them, not by their race, origin, creed, political views, orientation, etc. End of story IMHO.

ndsubison1
07-21-2011, 02:15 AM
1. I grew up with it being "smear the queer" as well. It didn't have a gay connotation at all. Supposedly, this hardly exists anymore and it's named something really dumb.

2. One of my best friends from HS is gay, and we used to use fag/gay all the time(he said it too!). We refrain from saying it around him and anyone else, but sometimes when drinking or something the word gets said. He just laughs. He said he likes that we don't treat him any different...and most of his friends agree that if someone seriously gets offended by it, they have other issues. Now, using it as an actual put down, yeah that's different.

Lastly, it was sort of a shock for him to come out. We kind of suspected it, but we didn't REALLY think he was. He ended up moving out to California his junior year(he turned 18 right after) and met his "sugar daddy" who was some 40 something guy. It was a bit much. Then my best friend and I got the invite to be IN the wedding. It was cultural overload, but the wedding, a long with hanging out in "The Castro"(if you don't know what it is, google it lol) in San Francisco was actually refreshingly fun. It's definitely nothing to be afraid of either(not that I was anyway).

this kinda reminded me of one of tucker max's stories. anyways, what the hell does all of this have to do with football. pierre is a big loss he was a solid corner for us when he was healthy. very athletic. it looks we have a decent guy coming in from UNO. Hopefully that translates well to the MVFC

HerdBot
07-21-2011, 02:28 AM

That's an awesome story. You were in a gay wedding. Ho-lee- sheet. Just sounds funny. Almost out of a movie type funny. Must have been "gay overload." Nice to see some people aren't overly sensitive and don't freak out because the word fag is said. Most people are over the top politically correct. If your secure in your own sexuality ya ain't got nothing to worry about but it had to be borderline creepy in a funny way.

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 02:56 AM
That's an awesome story. You were in a gay wedding. Ho-lee- sheet. Just sounds funny. Almost out of a movie type funny. Must have been "gay overload." Nice to see some people aren't overly sensitive and don't freak out because the word fag is said. Most people are over the top politically correct. If your secure in your own sexuality ya ain't got nothing to worry about but it had to be borderline creepy in a funny way.

It was a little weird, not going to lie...I'd say overload is a good word. Not to mention, it was the first time I had really experienced "gay culture" outside of hanging out with him and his husband. At least he is cool, he's a big UT fan(graduated BA from there and MBA from USC) and likes to talk football. Anyway, it was at a vineyard in Norcal, so it was like the ultimate gay setting. The food was f*cking awesome and the wine was flowing all night...nothing like a good wine drunk.

CaBisonFan
07-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I hope that Brendan can get things straightened out, for his sake, and that Shepherd can contribute immediately, for the team's sake.

As for the other topics on this thread...well...ah...:cool:

southcliffbison
07-21-2011, 05:05 AM
No Sh......i]t !!!!!!

IzzyFlexion
07-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Two worlds collide!
http://illkeepyouposted.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55127ad3588330147e17d5664970b-800wi
-disclaimer: I am not anti-gay. The above is for satirical purposes only.

SamsRams
07-21-2011, 11:48 AM
sorry if I'm interrupting but thought I might talk a lil football. Shepherd sounds look a good grab and will get coached up real fast now with Pierre out. Pierre will be fine and excited to see him on the field again in 2012. Speakin of 2012 is anyone else excited that the team is expecting Crockett in 2012? Lots of speculation for 2 years now and this is the first real positive news I have heard since he signed! Love that bison media blog!

IzzyFlexion
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
sorry if I'm interrupting but thought I might talk a lil football. Shepherd sounds look a good grab and will get coached up real fast now with Pierre out. Pierre will be fine and excited to see him on the field again in 2012. Speakin of 2012 is anyone else excited that the team is expecting Crockett in 2012? Lots of speculation for 2 years now and this is the first real positive news I have heard since he signed! Love that bison media blog!

Oh. Sorry.
I forgot about your anti-childish stance on posting.
And God knows, that is about all I'm good for. (not being sarcastic)
My real (non cyber) life is soooooo full of fun, comedy, fulfillment, positivity and fortuitiveness that I should really dial it down here. (AM being sarcastic)
Again, sorry. I will steer clear of this thread moving forward.

TransAmBison
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM

When did MNLonghorn move back? Also, since you to are "best friends" (and all that it implies) it makes you gay too. And I believe the game is now called "Smear the endzone qb" :D

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
When did MNLonghorn move back? Also, since you to are "best friends" (and all that it implies) it makes you gay too. And I believe the game is now called "Smear the endzone qb" :D

Damn, that was a lot of put downs in one post lol

TransAmBison
07-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Damn, that was a lot of put downs in one post lol
Put downs? No judgement here. Just observations from somebody looking into the rainforest. :D

CAS4127
07-21-2011, 08:09 PM
If he is an engineering major, clearly he is smart. He will correct the issue.

He said he is "in his thirties" and has a kid!! WTF is he still doing in school, or did he actually graduate with some sort of engineering degree. If so, I have just lost whatever respect I otherwise had for Gotts (he has some sort of NDSU engineering degree too)!!

EndZoneQB
07-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Put downs? No judgement here. Just observations from somebody looking into the rainforest. :D

That smile looks...curious...we don't bite TAB.

TransAmBison
07-21-2011, 08:19 PM
That smile looks...curious...we don't bite TAB.
That's what CAS told me.

SamsRams
07-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh. Sorry.
I forgot about your anti-childish stance on posting.
And God knows, that is about all I'm good for. (not being sarcastic)
My real (non cyber) life is soooooo full of fun, comedy, fulfillment, positivity and fortuitiveness that I should really dial it down here. (AM being sarcastic)
Again, sorry. I will steer clear of this thread moving forward.

don't worry izzy, I had thought for sure you had gotten aids and died so I am just happy you are alive. (not sure which part of that sentence I wish was sarcastic)

BisonNeil
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Don't forget about Bobby Miller. I think he lasted a whole week of fall camp.

Twentysix
07-22-2011, 12:26 AM
He said he is "in his thirties" and has a kid!! WTF is he still doing in school, or did he actually graduate with some sort of engineering degree. If so, I have just lost whatever respect I otherwise had for Gotts (he has some sort of NDSU engineering degree too)!!

Was talking about pierre for the non purple text

Don't forget about Bobby Miller. I think he lasted a whole week of fall camp.

has already been mentioned.

HerdBot
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
There is a nice article in the Forum today about Shepherd. Nice to see Pierre and Williams made a big push to get him here. Especially glad Pierre did since he probably feels pretty crappy for losing his eligibility. He's obviously a good team guy and he helped find Shepherd so props to him! Then I hear he was taking way to many hard classes and is going to regain eligibility so I feel like a jerk for ripping him a new one.

I hope they can work with him to get up to speed quickly. Its not easy learning a new defense without a redshirt year, offseason, or spring camp and at this level its tough to get by on sheer athletic ability. Even Gatlin struggled right out of the gate. Once he got settled in he was great.

onbison09
07-22-2011, 03:12 PM
There is a nice article in the Forum today about Shepherd. Nice to see Pierre and Williams made a big push to get him here. Especially glad Pierre did since he probably feels pretty crappy for losing his eligibility. He's obviously a good team guy and he helped find Shepherd so props to him! Then I hear he was taking way to many hard classes and is going to regain eligibility so I feel like a jerk for ripping him a new one.

I hope they can work with him to get up to speed quickly. Its not easy learning a new defense without a redshirt year, offseason, or spring camp and at this level its tough to get by on sheer athletic ability. Even Gatlin struggled right out of the gate. Once he got settled in he was great.

Anyone remember the Sam Houston State game? :paperbag:

HerdBot
07-22-2011, 03:35 PM

That was the Breske era. Left the 5' 7" corners on the 6' 4" receivers and we were getting no pressure and he refused to blitz. I remember Darrius Colvin and Bowman got burned big time. Freddie Banks stepped in and did decent. Then he went into the most girlie soft zone ever and they picked us apart. Corners played 10 yards back.

Now our guys are tall and athletic.

Civil06
07-22-2011, 03:41 PM

I've chosen to forget that whole season.

Tatanka
07-22-2011, 04:04 PM

As I recall, it was shocking.

Mr. Burgundy
07-22-2011, 07:46 PM

Classic. You acted like a total jerk and now get the facts....yep. But hey....you had a full time job, went to school, walked uphill both ways......

HerdBot
07-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Classic. You acted like a total jerk and now get the facts....yep. But hey....you had a full time job, went to school, walked uphill both ways......

Ok so I admit I was too harsh and your ripping on me? At least i have the balls to admit it unlike most of the ass clowns here. And yes, I did all of that and I'm not some genius either. No matter how you spin it, its a let down but at least he's still trying. Most players quit.

BisonNeil
07-22-2011, 10:16 PM

You know what Burgundy? It would be seriously nice if you could find another job other than being the jerk police around here.

I think you might be better suited on the Sue forum or maybe bunny heaven. Give it a rest ripping of people for their comments. Try finding something useful to comment on relative to Bison football.

For crying out loud STFU!

MNLonghorn10
07-22-2011, 11:39 PM
You know what Burgundy? It would be seriously nice if you could find another job other than being the jerk police around here.

I think you might be better suited on the Sue forum or maybe bunny heaven. Give it a rest ripping of people for their comments. Try finding something useful to comment on relative to Bison football.

For crying out loud STFU!

jerk police? lol. burgundys well connected and is one of the more knowledgeable guys around here.

who the fuck are you shitwad?

Twentysix
07-23-2011, 12:46 AM
jerk police? lol. burgundys well connected and is one of the more knowledgeable guys around here.

Lol this has UND class. Roflmfao

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/SwG3ns4f7VI/AAAAAAAAIMw/inH_IXDHS8g/s400/hakstol_bird.jpg

EndZoneQB
07-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Lol this has UND class. Roflmfao

It's merely a reference.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghi4ePsp51qgxrp3o1_500.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXF7_0CAAdo

Twentysix
07-23-2011, 12:51 AM
It's merely a reference.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghi4ePsp51qgxrp3o1_500.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXF7_0CAAdo

I missed the purple. Also haven't seen that movie in like 8 years.

MNLonghorn10
07-23-2011, 01:12 AM
could be the greatest 1 liner in history of film

Twentysix
07-23-2011, 01:22 AM
could be the greatest 1 liner in history of film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHymTAvhtE&feature=related

HerdBot
07-23-2011, 01:35 AM

He has many,leather bound books and is friends with Merlin Olson. Your insults are idiotic.

Grizzled
07-23-2011, 03:58 AM
This is actually kind of comical that we are making excuses for why the kid is inelgible. Maybe he should have known how difficult the classes were before he signed up for that major. Coaches preach being a student first and this was known about already last fall. Bottom line is kid let the team down. There are 70 other guys on the team passing their classes.

CaBisonFan
07-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Class...:cool:

gotts
07-23-2011, 01:03 PM
This is actually kind of comical that we are making excuses for why the kid is inelgible. Maybe he should have known how difficult the classes were before he signed up for that major. Coaches preach being a student first and this was known about already last fall. Bottom line is kid let the team down. There are 70 other guys on the team passing their classes.

Good call. I mean, why challenge yourself with a major that would lead to better prospects of landing a job post-graduation than a University Studies degree?

tony
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Good luck to Pierre, glad he took engineering and hope he kicks some ass in the classroom this year.

jarhead
07-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Agreed. This isn't "The University". Let's be glad we're recruiting kids who are looking for a good education and not a bunch of felons. Good
luck Pierre, hope to see you back on the field next fall

Grizzled
07-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Good call. I mean, why challenge yourself with a major that would lead to better prospects of landing a job post-graduation than a University Studies degree?

Haha, I'm all for a person challenging themselves. Trust me, I understand that if you challeng yourself, at some point and time you will fail. I just don't agree with others making excuses for the kid. Thats not a shot at the kid, its directed at people on here making excuses.

The part directed at Pierre is that he has heard many, many times the first responsibility of being on the team is keeping yourself elgible. Hard to help the team when your sitting in the stands. This was known about since last fall, he had time to fix it while the season wasn't going on.

westnodak93bison
07-23-2011, 10:41 PM

I agree 100%. Kids that "go it alone" in engineering have to work so much harder than guys like me who teamed up with some good friends. It really helped having older friends with class files.

KCHerd
07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Everyone is forgetting about Dudzik. He will step in and be the 2nd corner after his great spring and spring game. I wouldnt necessarily be handing over the job to Shepherd.

DjKyRo
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Everyone is forgetting about Dudzik. He will step in and be the 2nd corner after his great spring and spring game. I wouldnt necessarily be handing over the job to Shepherd.

Truth. Burgundy's been high on the Nebraska guys for good reason, Dudzik looked good in the spring out at corner and will probably be a first or second backup this season. My money is on Boyd, but I could certainly be wrong.